Become a Patron!

New to the game, I want to quit smoking.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
These cells are only manufactured and sold for the intended use with proper protection circuitry within system integrations or battery packs with a BMS (battery management system) or PCB (circuit board/module). DO NOT USE THIS BATTERY WITH AN E-CIGARETTE, VAPORIZER, OR SIMILAR PRODUCT AS IT CAN BE DANGEROUS AND MAY CAUSE A FIRE OR EXPLOSION WHICH CAN RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE
should i be worried lol, that is the disclaimer with those samsung batteries.
Due to the F*CKING FDA!!!! No -- there is nothing to worry about! They just have to put a disclaimer on there now.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
so why would you need like a 220w box? is the one i got not strong enough?

Keep it simple for success. 75 watts is more than ample to start with.

Few actually need such a thing as 220 watts - especially when you are first starting out. My first regulated mod only went up to ...... 15 WATTS OF SUPER BITCHIN' POWER, lol

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
so why would you need like a 220w box? is the one i got not strong enough?
For starting out it's plenty strong. 220W MODs are for those that really like HEAT (a little fire in their pie hole).

I'll admit it, I have a couple of them now.... However, I still don't vape over 60-75W. The awesome thing about those MODs are the battery life though. Example: I have the SMOK Alien (and just bought another today) -- Dual 18650 batteries. With the tank i'm currently using everyday I can vape all day on a single set of batteries.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Stick around here, read, learn, ask questions -- you will come to realize where you fit in as a vaper. Some of us have picked it up as a hobby and have gone "balls to the walls" with it. (that's me... I'll admit it).

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I have a Triade 250W (triple batteries!) and a few mods that were twice the price of that.

But I still take two 60W Isticks that are about a year old to work with me everyday so I can vape my way through all kinds of stress. Also, my old 50W Istick with a built in Lipo. These are still my daily drivers. They are easy to use and have never failed me.

Then I come home and play.

Those Picos are then next generation after those Isticks - great mods that get the job done with minimal fuss.

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also have a couple of Alien 220's, and I use them from 55w up to around 130w, depending on tank and coil. I can't stand a hot vape, though. So I keep my airflow wide open, and take short deep draws. We all do it differently.
ah i see. everyone around here is like "look at that cloud" yeah i am not interested in making a big cloud. haha

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I have a Triade 250W (triple batteries!) and a few mods that were twice the price of that.

But I still take two 60W Isticks that are about a year old to work with me everyday so I can vape my way through all kinds of stress. Also, my old 50W Istick with a built in Lipo. These are still my daily drivers. They are easy to use and have never failed me.

Then I come home and play.

Those Picos are then next generation after those Isticks - great mods that get the job done with minimal fuss.
so what kind of battery life can i expect? i work 12 hour shifts.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL No shit. I had one device for a year until I found this place. Within a couple of months I've got 4 new mods, 6 new tanks, couple thousand feet of wire, coil jigs, etc, etc, etc.
#enabled :giggle:
6acbf45c7fde7f40efb6f1561cd52d0eb62f70dff22602e3e096d215a7e79e84.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
so what kind of battery life can i expect? i work 12 hour shifts.

Depends on how much you vape - I'm allowed to vape at work, so I vape all day long and rarely if ever have to change the batteries, but I'm usually vaping at about .8 ohms and tend to chain vape if the situation allows

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depends on how much you vape - I'm allowed to vape at work, so I vape all day long and rarely if ever have to change the batteries, but I'm usually vaping at about .8 ohms and tend to chain vape if the situation allows
okay then i should be good then lol what about changing flavors, do i have to change a coil every time? i have read to just put the coil in a plastic bag until i use the flavor again? and just put a new one in?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Using my PICO (before upgrading to the Alien) using the .5Ω coils, I could easily go 12 hours. My habit was to go vape for about 5-10 minutes about every hour while @ work. This was my "habit" while smoking, I didn't want to "disturb" all habits at one time... baby steps for me. I did always carry a spare battery (always in a plastic container -- NEVER LOOSE IN YOUR POCKET).

upload_2017-2-14_1-34-10.png
GET ONE!!!

They also make "battery condoms" :D

2015_01_20_18.28.48__38247.1421750277.462.464.jpg

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Using my PICO (before upgrading to the Alien) using the .5Ω coils, I could easily go 12 hours. My habit was to go vape for about 5-10 minutes about every hour while @ work. This was my "habit" while smoking, I didn't want to "disturb" all habits at one time... baby steps for me. I did always carry a spare battery (always in a plastic container -- NEVER LOOSE IN YOUR POCKET).

View attachment 74368
GET ONE!!!

They also make "battery condoms" :D

2015_01_20_18.28.48__38247.1421750277.462.464.jpg
oh yeah for sure i ordered one of those, not the condom lol, i actually got 3 batteries instead of 2. a charger, and a case for the batteries.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
okay then i should be good then lol what about changing flavors, do i have to change a coil every time? i have read to just put the coil in a plastic bag until i use the flavor again? and just put a new one in?
I personally never went to that trouble. Just put a new flavor in my tank and just kept vaping. The old flavor goes away after a bit.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

There are some strong flavors that will own a tank and coil and that method works.

But when I was using prebuilt coils, I did like Phantom, just added the juice on top and waited for the old flavor to go away :giggle:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I usually don't change coils, or wicks, if the juices taste similar. Like from one fruit to another, or one dessert flavor to another. But anything with mint in it I keep separate. Mint tends to linger a looong time, and doesn't mix well with many flavors. At least to me it doesn't.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I won some TMaxx awhile back - that Pear Cake is some tasty shit
I haven't tried the Pear Cake. Not big on pears, really. The Kentucky Bourbon Vanilla Custard, Orange Cream Bar, Homemade Apple Pie, and Cinnamon Dusted Doughnut are all delicious. And the Vanilla Mint Candy. I didn't love the Pina Colada, though. Too much pineapple for me I think. Gonna have to try the Pistachio Ice Cream on my next order. I lovvve pistachio ice cream lol.

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And the Dragon Bananafruit. That shit was so good I vaped it for 3 days straight until I couldn't taste it anymore lol.
gonna have to try the kentucky bourbon being from kentucky and all! lol i would like to just find a couple flavors i like but it looks like that is just impossible with all the combinations.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These cells are only manufactured and sold for the intended use with proper protection circuitry within system integrations or battery packs with a BMS (battery management system) or PCB (circuit board/module). DO NOT USE THIS BATTERY WITH AN E-CIGARETTE, VAPORIZER, OR SIMILAR PRODUCT AS IT CAN BE DANGEROUS AND MAY CAUSE A FIRE OR EXPLOSION WHICH CAN RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE

should i be worried lol, that is the disclaimer with those samsung batteries.
Best place to get batteries is RTDVapor

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors