Become a Patron!

New to the game, I want to quit smoking.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
so on these batteries, i am not supposed to run them down very low? do i basically just charge it back up as soon as i get back home? and swap them out.
Most regulated mods have a low voltage cut-off between 3.2 and 2.5 volts. 2.5v is dangerously low though, since that's the lower limit for battery itself. It starts getting permanent damage below 2.5. Not sure exactly what the cut-off is for your mod, so it may be worth researching.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Best place to get batteries is RTDVapor

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk
First time I ordered batts was from RTD. Some lowlife ratfuck thief at USPS stole them out of the package as soon as they were picked up from RTD. Totally not RTD's fault. They refunded my $$, and a month later the USPS was kind enough to deliver the empty package to me.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hey, new to this vaping stuff and I don't know much outside of I hear that Vaporfi is not someone I want to buy from haha. I was looking at this. http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-pico-kit/

Is this a good start, and would there be anything else I needed to get started?

First of all, WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND!

That would be decent place to start. As has been said, get at least 2 18650 batteries and figure on needing a new coil about every five days or so so get at least a few packs.

I would also recommend a good charger. I prefer the XTAR charges.

For E-Liquids, I would start with a 50/50 mix of PG/VG with a nicotine level of 18mg

Best of luck to you!

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For E-Liquids, I would start with a 50/50 mix of PG/VG with a nicotine level of 18mg
Unc --- we can't recommend 18mg on this one due to him getting a sub-ohm tank --- he got the Aspire Evo with .5Ω coils. 18mg NIC juice will hit him like a freight train and give him a NIC hit higher than a kite during a hurricane.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First time I ordered batts was from RTD. Some lowlife ratfuck thief at USPS stole them out of the package as soon as they were picked up from RTD. Totally not RTD's fault. They refunded my $$, and a month later the USPS was kind enough to deliver the empty package to me.
Ouch

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First of all, WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND!

That would be decent place to start. As has been said, get at least 2 18650 batteries and figure on needing a new coil about every five days or so so get at least a few packs.

I would also recommend a good charger. I prefer the XTAR charges.

Best of luck to you!
He'll be going the sub-ohm route probably so 6mg would be best

PS. Nice to see you again @UncleRJ

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most regulated mods have a low voltage cut-off between 3.2 and 2.5 volts. 2.5v is dangerously low though, since that's the lower limit for battery itself. It starts getting permanent damage below 2.5. Not sure exactly what the cut-off is for your mod, so it may be worth researching.
3.2 volts i do believe

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i think i want to try and make my own juice, it doesnt look that hard, just gotta get the good supplies right, can anyone point me in the direction of a good supplier that i could count on?

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so like if i wanted to make a tobacco/vanilla/caramel juice i could do like 10% tobacco, 6% vanilla and 4% caramel? does that sound even remotely right? lol

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
so like if i wanted to make a tobacco/vanilla/caramel juice i could do like 10% tobacco, 6% vanilla and 4% caramel? does that sound even remotely right? lol

Look around for some recipes for a vanilla and/or caramel juice - especially what they call a shake `n vape. That means you can mix it up and vape it right away and it will taste good. Many juices - especially tobacco juices - need to steep awhile. Sometimes over six weeks.

- it's a lot like what I was talking about when we discussed juice recommendations -

Many different factors go into what flavors and even brands mix well together and at what percentages.

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Look around for some recipes for a vanilla and/or caramel juice - especially what they call a shake `n vape. That means you can mix it up and vape it right away and it will taste good. Many juices - especially tobacco juices - need to steep awhile. Sometimes over six weeks.

- it's a lot like what I was talking about when we discussed juice recommendations -

Many different factors go into what flavors and even brands mix well together and at what percentages.
yeah it seems difficult to gauge haha

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
if i wanted to make 70/30 VG/PG liquid, would i be better off getting 100% VG nicotine or what
I purchased NIC at 100% VG -- 100mg/ml --- I do this because the majority of flavorings are PG mixed. This gives you the ability to eventually mix "MaxVG" juice. MaxVG being the maximum possible because flavorings are PG based usually.

This is the NIC that I just purchased last night.
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/unf...nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-liter-sale.html
upload_2017-2-14_22-24-30.png

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that is the same nic i am purchasing
i wish i wouldn't have ordered that juice now haha, but i guess i can compare this fruity pebble recipe with the "capone" i ordered. eventually i wanna do my own recipe but right now i just wanna keep it simple, i am pretty simple anyway so something like a straight up standalone would be fine with me.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i wish i wouldn't have ordered that juice now haha, but i guess i can compare this fruity pebble recipe with the "capone" i ordered. eventually i wanna do my own recipe but right now i just wanna keep it simple, i am pretty simple anyway so something like a straight up standalone would be fine with me.
You didn't go wrong by ordering them.
DIY juice mixing can be rewarding and disheartening all at the same time. My wife and I have been DIY mixing since a few weeks after starting our vaping journey. There have been many times that we have just about said "F*CK IT" with DIY mixing because we can't seem to get them correct, or they taste like shit. Then all of a sudden we get one or two that are just plain awesome.

Having the purchased juice around has helped get through as the DIY juices are steeping... sometimes for weeks before they are vapable.

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You didn't go wrong by ordering them.
DIY juice mixing can be rewarding and disheartening all at the same time. My wife and I have been DIY mixing since a few weeks after starting our vaping journey. There have been many times that we have just about said "F*CK IT" with DIY mixing because we can't seem to get them correct, or they taste like shit. Then all of a sudden we get one or two that are just plain awesome.

Having the purchased juice around has helped get through as the DIY juices are steeping... sometimes for weeks before they are vapable.
yeah i found them sites lol using the first one right now!

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
is there a difference between "DX" sweet cream from TFA and regular sweet cream by CAP?
Very much so. CAP is a much stronger blend and flavor profile. TFA is known as the "weaker" of manufacturers, but widely used due to the price.
I used to be all about TFA, until I started buying CAP flavors. IMO, CAP is a far superior flavoring manufacturer. However, they all do have their place in recipes.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My recommendation, is to start a new thread in the DIY mixing area after you have gone and read through some of the existing ones. Read some of the existing recipes and comments / discussions.
I'm by far not a professional DIY mixer, and probably never will be.

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My recommendation, is to start a new thread in the DIY mixing area after you have gone and read through some of the existing ones. Read some of the existing recipes and comments / discussions.
I'm by far not a professional DIY mixer, and probably never will be.
i have been reading and apparently like some flavor manufacturers are stronger like you stated and require less flavoring % correct? lol

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is correct.
alright so i saw a "peanut butter cookie" juice on a website that i had wanted to buy but i think i might try and make it havent seen any recipes for it but i am trying to come up with my own recipe to try out haha

was thinking: using Capella Flavoring

Peanut Butter - 3.5%
Graham Cracker - 2.5%
Belgian Waffle - 2%
Butter Cream - 1.25%

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
do i store my nicotine in the freezer? what about when i go to make my juice do i let it sit out for a bit to get warm again or something?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
hm, it says CAP peanut butter is nuttier, but TFA is a more realistic one, that one might be better to use.

I love TFA peanut butter - haven't tried the CAP yet. It is an important ingredient in my favorite recipe - a Pop Deeze clone, so I am worried about messing with success, lol

Remember, the same flavor from different companies usually also have different flavor profiles and a peach flavor from company A tastes different than Peach from company B.

This also applies to mixing flavors together. In fact, when mixing proven recipes, it is pretty important to use the exact brand of flavor recommended or you may reach a chemical composition that is nasty tasting.

Throwing ingredients together from various brands and different flavors that sound like they would go together well often results in disappointment and/or failure. Not every time, but often.

VU Sponsors