Become a Patron!

New RX200 appears to be China CRAP!

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was going to respond again, but fuck it. Apologies to @Hottvapz for kicking the ant hill and casuing grief to be thrown his way. Unemployment is most definitely not cool, I've been there. Hope you find better things in your future.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
6VA2Wis.gif

Post removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to respond again, but fuck it. Apologies to @Hottvapz for kicking the ant hill and casuing grief to be thrown his way. Unemployment is most definitely not cool, I've been there. Hope you find better things in your future.
No worries bro...I have went many rounds with steve. And probably many more. But as soon as the vote a member off option is added its him or me lol

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just starting to venture out of the trading post, lol... Really need to get to know some folks around here.

Sent from my LG-us990 using Tapatalk
Well what better place to get your feet wet than watching s thread go to to shit via a troll. You should spend some time in the whiskey's corner thread lots of cool people there just chatting it up

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm just starting to venture out of the trading post, lol... Really need to get to know some folks around here.

The UMadbro section has some familiar faces

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I've been an avid forum member on musician and car audio forums since '08, I've seen some real doozies, lol

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I do find it amusing you are just another unemployed bum... I'll be easy on you and not make another comment...

Well Magoo,(Yep, that is what we call you behind the scenes. Actually it is the nicest thing we call you) it seems that you are dying for all the attention that your mommy did not give you so I am taking time off from the Mod's/Admins Saturday evening "Circle Jerk" that you so often accuse us of to get a start on what I want to call.................

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!

You come in here after being ejected from ECF and most likely ever other forum.

Accuse the VU membership of being weak minded pieces of crap that are headed for ISIS membership and are actively lookiing to purchase mods from ISIS.

The one thing I will say in your favor (?) is that reading your post is like masturbating with a cheese grater. Always interesting but extremely painful..

You seem to take delight from the safety of your mom's basment (by the way do you wear a Captain Kirk or Mr. Spock uniform) and your Windows Vista PC in taking beyond cheap shots at our phyically handicapped members or those with other members (in much, MUCH better standing than you) that suffer from PTSD from serving our country.

Did you do serve our country Steve Magoo?

And before you use your beyond twisted logic, no, I have not served. But I do indeed support the Wounded Warrior Project with my own hard earned dollars.

And now, we have a member that has lost their job and their earning potential, and while they are worrying about how they are going to support their family, You call them an "Unemployed Bum"?

How is that Pizza Delivery route working out for you anyway? You seem to be here pissing people off almost 24/7 yourself

And before you ask me why I am here a lot, well I embraced the American Dream from an early age and I own MY OWN FREAKING COMPANY!

I believe that Alice Cooper wrote a song with you and others like you in mind..............................

All of the above being said, I am posting this as just one of the regular VU Membership.

If I had my way as a mod (well once I was done with my most recent "Circle Jerk" anyway) you would be on your way to "Charm" another vaping forum.

Feeling a bit childish at the moment (a feeling that you should be well acquainted with) how do you like being viewed as one of these by the many VU Members............................?

Dickhead.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well Magoo,(Yep, that is what we call you behind the scenes. Actually it is the nicest thing we call you) it seems that you are dying for all the attention that your mommy did not give you so I am taking time off from the Mod's/Admins Saturday evening "Circle Jerk" that you so often accuse us of to get a start on what I want to call.................

Accuse the VU membership of being weak minded pieces of crap that are headed for ISUS membership and are actively lookiing to purchase mods from ISUS.

The one thing I will say in your favor (?) is that reading your post is like masturbating with a cheese grater. Always interesting but extremely painful..

You seem to take delight from the safety of your mom's basment (by the way do you wear a Captain Kirk or Mr. Spock uniform) and your Windows Vista PC in taking beyond cheap shots at our phyically handicapped members or those with other members (in much, MUCH better standing than you) that suffer from PTSD from serving our country.

And before you use your beyond twisted logic, no, I have not served. But I do indeed support the Wounded Warrior Project with my own hard earned dollars.

And now, we have a member that has lost their job and their earning potential, and while they are worrying about how they are going to support their family, You call them an "Unemployed Bum"?

How is that Pizza Delivery route working out for you anyway? You seem to be here pissing people off almost 24/7 yourself

And before you ask me why I am here a lot, well I embraced the American Dream from an early age and I own MY OWN FREAKING COMPANY!

I believe that Alice Cooper wrote a song with you and others like you in mind..............................

All of the above being said, I am posting this as just one of the regular VU Membership.

If I had my way as a mod (well once I was done with my most recent "Circle Jerk" anyway) you would be on your way to "Charm" another vaping forum.

Feeling a bit childish at the moment (a feeling that you should be well acquainted with) how do you like being viewed as one of these by the many VU Members............................?

View attachment 39087

Damn fucking straight!! Well done, RJ, well done.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Accuse the VU membership of being weak minded pieces of crap that are headed for ISIS membership and are actively looking to purchase mods from ISIS.

You seem to take delight from the safety of your mom's basement (by the way do you wear a Captain Kirk or Mr. Spock uniform) and your Windows Vista PC in taking beyond cheap shots at our physically handicapped members or those with other members (in much, MUCH better standing than you) that suffer from PTSD from serving our country.

View attachment 39087

Amen to that. Right on the mark.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you had read the other thread, you would see I went to the trouble of rendering some graphical compairisons of the firmware. A great deal has changed between versions. Also, that if you intend on using TC, version 3.0 is the superiour version.

Of course, the entire menu system also changes on 3.0. The changes are not apparent. Wismec refuses to publish changelogs for their firmware, which is too bad, but they really nailed it on V3.0.

They also introduced 3 TCR memories, One of the reasons 3.0 is bigger. new font over 1.07, but the same font as 1.08.

What is this Microsoft you speak of? Linux here. ;)

There have been 3 firmware upgrades since I got my first RX. 1.07 was much better than 1.03. 108, well, I reverted back to 1.07 until 3.0 was released, and BTW, at least Wismec allows the user to revert, unlike the trend of many companies.

Other companies, either endlessly promise vaporware firmware upgrades <-- small pun there, or if they do offer an upgrade, it is usually in response to a glaring problem. Many mods 3X the price still don't have up gradeable firmware. I also have the DNA version, and have cool custom Biohazard menus. It was also 3X more than the RX.

I just don't remember the info your telling me about. I will go and check it out. Thank You

There is no doubt the file size has grown over TCR. I don't think it grew 1 KB just on font and function control. I think at least a third or better of the increased file size is being used for chasing hardware. That's the part they do not want to speak of. :) And that practice has become very common in the last 10 years. You use to get good white papers if not supplied on request on firmware/bios/or code upgrades period. Flash Back is good. I think there is more of it than ever in the consumer world. In the Industry I work in there is less and less flash back and it does suck. The boffins can really screw code up at times. Makes you wonder if they even run it through debug. V3.0 works for some and cripples other mods. Other than no TCR and the ohms now only reading .01 higher it's working great! TC is now working great in ss. ni, ti. They are chasing hardware variables. I bet they are pretty big variables. And that's a shame.

I have Linux on my laptops. Hardly ever use them anymore.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Accuse the VU membership of being weak minded pieces of crap that are headed for ISIS membership and are actively lookiing to purchase mods from ISIS.

View attachment 39087
This post should be a sticky
You ROCK UNC!

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed!
1.07 works great for me, straight out of the mail...had my two RX200 mods for about a month now and have no complaints at all with them...just my two cents, lololo

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Crap! Just found this thread "after" the upgrade. So far no troubles, but we'll see with some SS RDA I want to build.

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping my Crown with the .25 ohm SS coil in TC mode on my RX right now on the 3.00 update and no troubles at all.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think at least a third or better of the increased file size is being used for chasing hardware. That's the part they do not want to speak of. :)

There was a petition requesting Smok to release their source code for the M80, Smok just ignored it. There is still empty space in the RX ROM, I wouldn't be suprised if we soon see a manual resistance setting.

I agree they are chasing the hardware, but in fairness, there are so many variables with different types of SS wire, to test all of them fully would take an enormous amount of time. Many other much more expensive mods implementation of TC on SS might be a little smoother (not by much) but only on spaced coils. The RX seems to punch above its weight with different oil configs, ( single dual spaced contact ) and I think they are adjusting the algos and introducing more complexity with each revision.

In a perfect world, these would be nailed down before it was released,but I'm glad to be vaping on it for the last 2.5 months. The biggest contribution the RX has made, to my thinking, is the price.

The RX is better than any other mod I own, other thanthe DNA version of the Realeaux, and sells for $40. It's not perfect, but it certainly is functional, and the other manufacturers are going to have to up their game, and lower their prices.

I vape SS exclusively, I don't like nickle, and have never tried Ti, and I have been on SS since long before any mod supported TC on SS.

I have one other mod that supports TC on SSbesides the DNA200, and I went through hours of teeth gnashing hell to make it work, but it was such a pain, I never used it. The RX does a very good job of SS on TC, even compared to the DNA version.

Sorry if I sounded cranky early in the thread, but I very much wish the RX had been available when I started vaping, even if there was no TC at all, its a bargain. It is built like a tank.

I have disassembled both versions, and my RX has survived drops that I had no right to expect it to.

So, I agree it is Chinese, its price is cheap, but it is not crap, and as far as value for dollar, I have yet to find any better.

What firmware version have you settled on?

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I, but I understand why some of your ilk are the way you are...

Like literate, understanding, compassionate and human?

Go to bed Magoo.

We have had enough of you and your antisocial and mean spirited Bullshit for today.

And tomorrow.

And next week,

And next month.

And so on and so forth.

Ass In Hole Meme.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Post moved
You belittled a man who lost his job simply because he was an employee of theirs. He even defended your beloved Provape, only to be put down and insulted by you. No one follows you around at every post, except for the moderators, and that's because you seem to stir up shit at every turn you make on this forum. I can only believe you must be a pretty lonely fellow. If you have nothing contructive to add to a thread, why not just move along? It's just that simple. Move along, back off people and add something helpful, or add nothing.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You belittled a man who lost his job simply because he was an employee of theirs. He even defended your beloved Provape, only to be put down and insulted by you. No one follows you around at every post, except for the moderators, and that's because you seem to stir up shit at every turn you make on this forum. I can only believe you must be a pretty lonely fellow. If you have nothing contructive to add to a thread, why not just move along? It's just that simple. Move along, back off people and add something helpful, or add nothing.
You may want to a actually read the thread from the beginning...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 39087
I strongly as a vet urge you to reconsider giving money to WWP. very little if any gets to where it needs to go, instead it is in the chairman's bloated wallet.
Many other fine and local and national veteran charities out there.
WWP is for Vet's as Susan G. Komen is for breast cancer. ABSOLUTELY fucking worthless.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I strongly as a vet urge you to reconsider giving money to WWP. very little if any gets to where it needs to go, instead it is in the chairman's bloated wallet.
Many other fine and local and national veteran charities out there.
WWP is for Vet's as Susan G. Komen is for breast cancer. ABSOLUTELY fucking worthless.
That's truly sad.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Post moved.
Oh, yes. Post #24 mentioned "a certified troll". No one's fault you claimed that one on your own. As I said, no one directly attacked you. You chose to be called a troll according that post.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There was a petition requesting Smok to release their source code for the M80, Smok just ignored it. There is still empty space in the RX ROM, I wouldn't be suprised if we soon see a manual resistance setting.

I agree they are chasing the hardware, but in fairness, there are so many variables with different types of SS wire, to test all of them fully would take an enormous amount of time. Many other much more expensive mods implementation of TC on SS might be a little smoother (not by much) but only on spaced coils. The RX seems to punch above its weight with different oil configs, ( single dual spaced contact ) and I think they are adjusting the algos and introducing more complexity with each revision.

In a perfect world, these would be nailed down before it was released,but I'm glad to be vaping on it for the last 2.5 months. The biggest contribution the RX has made, to my thinking, is the price.

The RX is better than any other mod I own, other thanthe DNA version of the Realeaux, and sells for $40. It's not perfect, but it certainly is functional, and the other manufacturers are going to have to up their game, and lower their prices.

I vape SS exclusively, I don't like nickle, and have never tried Ti, and I have been on SS since long before any mod supported TC on SS.

I have one other mod that supports TC on SSbesides the DNA200, and I went through hours of teeth gnashing hell to make it work, but it was such a pain, I never used it. The RX does a very good job of SS on TC, even compared to the DNA version.

Sorry if I sounded cranky early in the thread, but I very much wish the RX had been available when I started vaping, even if there was no TC at all, its a bargain. It is built like a tank.

I have disassembled both versions, and my RX has survived drops that I had no right to expect it to.

So, I agree it is Chinese, its price is cheap, but it is not crap, and as far as value for dollar, I have yet to find any better.

What firmware version have you settled on?

V1.07, TC works great on either the Alantis V2 or the Herakels Plus with SS, NI or TI. VW has been good on either version or tank. V3.00 basiclly breaks my RX200.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 39087
Amen to that, Uncle RJ! You just won post of the day, if not the year in my book!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
edit retracted back on topic folks

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Well said, UncleRJ! Well said!

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
Psy....go into competitive shooting and you can buy any mod you want. Competitive pistol shooting is done at 25 or 50 yards. Skeet shooting at 60-70 yards with a shot gun. If you can hit a moving target with a pistol at 100 yards with your off hand, you'd tear up the competitive pistol game. I've never attempted it, but next time i get a chance, I'm gonna see if i can even hit a still target with my good hand at 100 yards with a pistol.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Off topic/troll posts and some others have been removed from this members thread, and I will move any more if need be.
Once again apologizes to OP for the one member who trolls our forum like he does, eventually Karma will befall him in a quite deserving manner.

I kind of enjoyed it. Gave me a look into a few personality's on this board. On other boards I'm on they just ban folks like that. A ban order is in place if they ever show up again.

I to have pushed some buttons myself. Some seem to take offense to China Crap. I use China Crap / China Junk be it good crap/junk or bad China crap/junk. As I set here and look at my desk. The only thing truly American made on my desk is the 200 rounds of .50 BMG I'm selling today. Maybe the e-juice. The two computers and vapeware are all china crap. It's disgusting what a sell out and cheap ass even I've become.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Bah! Americans can, and do, make crap, too. Yes: Chinese designers and manufacturers have gained a reputation for often shoddy design and/or fabrication. So did Japanese designers and manufacturers at a point in time. When I was growing up it was "cheap Jap junk." Now Japanese designers and manufacturers have an almost universal reputation for innovative design and top-of-the-line manufacturing quality. My Vector RDA is a case in point.

The RX200, though, is pretty universally liked amongst VU's membership. If your's isn't right, I expect it's just bad luck of the draw. It can happen with anybody's product, regardless of country-of-origin.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with everybody

You will get shitty products from everywhere...
My twins are in perfect working condition,I didn't jump on the 3.0 firmware upgrade, cuz I don't need those TLR OR TRL BS,and like what I've said before
YOU GET WHAT U PAY FOR.... I'm on topic
WHISKEY

Vape On

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my experience, made in America doesn't always equal quality... For instance, a Honda is a much more reliable than a Harley at half the price or less, usually... On the flip side, a US made PRS guitar is going to be better than a Chinese Dillion copy if a PRS, the PRS us also going to be $3000 or more vs the $300 for the Dillion...

VU Sponsors