Become a Patron!

New RX200 appears to be China CRAP!

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no doubt many here would drive a car made in China. They trust their hands and faces with junky China made mods...
Damn learn to insert foot in mouth would save a lot of headache.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cute baby bro, where have u been ??

VAPE ON
Took the family to Disney for vacation. Then came home to find the company I worked for was bought out and I was unemployed... Lol

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took the family to Disney for vacation. Then came home to find the company I worked for was bought out and I was unemployed... Lol

Wtf!!!!! Are you fucking serious!!!
The Chinese bought em?

VAPE ON

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

That sucks dude! I'm sorry to hear that.
Probably.... But let their bio geeks try to figure out how to use the tech I designed. I left no notes lmao.

so we might see a 7 headed cow?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Well. that sucks!

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
$11. Final offer. Lots more to be had from those who cannot be bothered to read lol

Now jabs aside.

I did read the thread about the RX200 before I purchased mine. And looked at other resources on the net. I also downloaded the firmware update software. I was amazed at how small the file size was on the firmware and thought to myself " how can they screw that up " It's a pence worth of code." It just can't be complex. I was wrong. I'm use to working with firmware at the smallest of 2 meg to 30 meg or better. There is some very complex code in the larger firmware's I've worked with.

To be honest I read that thread with jaded thoughts. What I came away with was. People have had issues with all versions of the firmware. Mine new out of the box had version 1.03 installed. What is 1.03? I have not done any research on that version. My bad, and if it was in the thread I missed it. I honestly wrote it off as a manufacturing/qc version. I should have saved a copy of it. In consumer products the production version is then flashed to the last known good version of firmware, not the current at time of production. So lets say my RX200 was manufactured when version 1.08 was eligible for download. It would be common to ship the product with 1.06 or 1.07 if the number id scheme stayed in tact. Which it did not from what I'm seeing. The big complaint I saw in the thread was SS wire issues. Some over all TC issues but mostly SS. Also of note was some ohm reading issues. But most of that seemed to be folks not locking the ohms down. And a few other freaky little things.

Of the 3 bin files I have for the RX200 each update has got larger each revision. 1.07 33 KB, 1.08 34 KB, 3.00 36 KB. These are tiny files. This concerns me. I think they are having hardware issues. I don't see any added features. I just see more code to control static hardware that may not be quite what they bargained for.

If we look at my Cubiod it had version 3.00 installed at 51 KB. file size. 3.10 is also 51 KB in file size. And 3.10 opened the mod up to 200w. You and I both know you can't get a honest 200w out of two 18650's. It's more like a honest and clean 170w. They made that upgrade without increasing the file size. And it works perfect.

One of three things has happened with the RX200. Either they have no real idea how to write code. Or they are straight up beta testing the code on the general public. ( a page taken from the new microsoft play book ) Or they have bad hardware they are trying to control with software. Or should I say variances in hardware quality they are trying to control with firmware.

Think about it. The RX200 has been out longer than the Cubiod. Just the product on my desk. And the word is concerning the RX200 wait for the next update. Thats like being a Viking fan and believing in they will get it right next year. And I hate to say I'm a Vikings fan.

Have a good one.

Last edited:

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, those used in ProVape mods...

Does that explain why they're underpowered (only up to 40W in the four mods on their website) and lack "advanced" features like temp control...?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you had read the other thread, you would see I went to the trouble of rendering some graphical compairisons of the firmware. A great deal has changed between versions. Also, that if you intend on using TC, version 3.0 is the superiour version.

Of course, the entire menu system also changes on 3.0. The changes are not apparent. Wismec refuses to publish changelogs for their firmware, which is too bad, but they really nailed it on V3.0.

They also introduced 3 TCR memories, One of the reasons 3.0 is bigger. new font over 1.07, but the same font as 1.08.

What is this Microsoft you speak of? Linux here. ;)

There have been 3 firmware upgrades since I got my first RX. 1.07 was much better than 1.03. 108, well, I reverted back to 1.07 until 3.0 was released, and BTW, at least Wismec allows the user to revert, unlike the trend of many companies.

Other companies, either endlessly promise vaporware firmware upgrades <-- small pun there, or if they do offer an upgrade, it is usually in response to a glaring problem. Many mods 3X the price still don't have upgradeable firmware. I also have the DNA version, and have cool custom Biohazard menus. It was also 3X more than the RX.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does that explain why they're underpowered (only up to 40W in the four mods on their website) and lack "advanced" features like temp control...?
Provape is good. This will be probably be the only time I stand up for Mr Mgu. And it really don't matter what the hell your vaping on if works for you then who cares. But Steve try to be more respectful in your reply.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Last edited:

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Provape is good. This will be probably be the only time I stand up for Mr Mgu. And it really don't matter what the hell your vaping on if works for you then who cares.

You're absolutely right, if you've got one and it works for you, vape the hell out of that thing. I started on an Innokin iTaste CLK that put out an earth-shattering 5 watts, and it got me off the cigs cold turkey.

But insinuating that there is something wrong with a product simply because it isn't made here is, in my opinion, asinine.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're absolutely right, if you've got one and it works for you, vape the hell out of that thing. I started on an Innokin iTaste CLK that put out an earth-shattering 5 watts, and it got me off the cigs cold turkey.

But insinuating that there is something wrong with a product simply because it isn't made here is, in my opinion, asinine.
Now that is a statement I agree with. But Steve only shows up to get the type of reactions out of people like the response you gave. He gets off on it. So its best not to feed the pets....lol

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Underpowered for teen vapers and posers? Yes. Some of us know how to vape without getting dry hits...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Youre 100% correct

Now that is a statement I agree with. But Steve only shows up to get the type of reactions out of people like the response you gave. He gets off on it. So its best not to feed the pets....lol

^^^what he said

I'm lucky enough to own a mod from every end of the spectrum... my provape mods hadn't been used in a year, my DNA200s and sx350js were used very frequently, my authentic usa copper Mechanicals and hexohm were used most often.

The mod bashing shit and my mod is better than your mod; because, it was made with fairy dust by dwarfs from under the great lake of Hebron- has officially gotten fucking old.

Guess what? Every last one of us used to smoke tobacco given by the devil. almost none of us do anymore; and, those that still do soon won't, because we all use battery operated devices to turn eliquid into tasty vapor.

I dont give a squirrels testicle who made what mod.

besides-where are sony, lg, samsung batteries made? that's the heart and soul of any fucking mod.

Last edited:

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I, for one, think it's horrible that you lost your job Hottvapz, what a horrible thing to come home from vacation to... And fuck a hater, ol' bitch ass keyboard badass...

Sent from my LG-us990 using Tapatalk
Thanks I'm not sweating it. I have things lined up got a Stanford interview coming next week so it is all good.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's a wonderful idea. Thank you

I'm guessing I'm supposed to be the fat slob?
I took a bath last weak.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No think that was a poke at old Bean who isn't even here to defend his self.

Damn.... just when I thought it got as low as it could get

Congrats on the interview !!!!

VU Sponsors