Become a Patron!

New RX200 appears to be China CRAP!

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my RX200 yesterday. Flashed the firmware to 3.00 and looked forward to using it with a new Herakies Plus. Put a 316SS coil in the tank. It has never asked me if this is a new coil. It reads the ohms high by .2 ie, ( coil is 1.5 ohm and RX200 reports it as 1.7 ohm ) and always shows a Temp Protection Warning while doing a big pull on it regardless of what the temp and power settings are. And yes the coil is locked. It also does this with a NI coil. I also tried my Atlantis V2 with With NI and SS coils. Same issue.New Cubiod works perfect with both tanks and proper coils. TC is working. Just seems like the mod is sketchy as hell.

It appears VaporDNA is not taking calls on Sat. I did email Wismec. I'm not having a good feeling about Chinglish tec support.

Jim-

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got my RX200 yesterday. Flashed the firmware to 3.00 and looked forward to using it with a new Herakies Plus. Put a 316SS coil in the tank. It has never asked me if this is a new coil. It reads the ohms high by .2 ie, ( coil is 1.5 ohm and RX200 reports it as 1.7 ohm ) and always shows a Temp Protection Warning while doing a big pull on it regardless of what the temp and power settings are. And yes the coil is locked. It also does this with a NI coil. I also tried my Atlantis V2 with With NI and SS coils. Same issue.New Cubiod works perfect with both tanks and proper coils. TC is working. Just seems like the mod is sketchy as hell.

It appears VaporDNA is not taking calls on Sat. I did email Wismec. I'm not having a good feeling about Chinglish tec support.

DNA folks should take care of you. Never had any issues with dealing with them. And they better not make a liar of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You didn't actually think it was made in the US, did you?

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is the Temp Protection Notice/Error normal and telling you its throttling the power to maintain temp? The instructions that come with most of the vapeware I've seen are pretty much junk to start with. Do I need to go into TCR/Tempature M1,2,3 and make a offset adjustment for the coil ohms reading? Or can I do something like that? The instructions are total crap!

I've only been in the vape game for a tad over two months. And it seems the motto is do it half ass. Take that DNA200 that people are pay way to much for. That technology is 30 years old. Has really been a eye opener for me.

Rant Off. :)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
VaporDNA is a great vendor, im sure they'll do what they can to make you whole.
You're using the one with the joyetech board or the evolv board?

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll take it for free to end your troubles.

No sorry I have another option. I shoot China Junk with my Glock 20 or my Colt AR pick up all the parts and ship it back to the manufacture or retailer. This is only done when the warranty system fail's. Recently did this to a X99 MSI Gaming 7 usb 3.0 Rev 1.0 mother board. After returning the board three times I was done with them. MSI knows the board is a engineering failure. They updated it. But wont replace the bad boards with the proper one.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You didn't actually think it was made in the US, did you?

I knew it was made in China. I blame Richard ( Dick Head ) Nixon for going over there and sucking there butt hole for all the China Junk imported into the once great USA now days.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VaporDNA is a great vendor, im sure they'll do what they can to make you whole.
You're using the one with the joyetech board or the evolv board?

It's the Joyetech,,, RX200. Not the over priced and 30 year old tech DNA200 that they sell to vaper's as top tech at insane pricing.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's the Joyetech,,, RX200. Not the over priced and 30 year old tech DNA200 that they sell to vaper's as top tech at insane pricing.
oh, was asking because evolv may have outdated tech but they also have USA support for the board.
Sorry about your troubles dude.
Hopefully someone here can help you out a little

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are there any US made boards? Honest question, I have no Idea.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just back the firmware back to 1.07 works great there the last few updates did more damage than good
^This
Lots of people report having no issues with the RX200 until the latest update. The latest firmware works well with Ni and Ti but totally screwed up SS TC. The older firmware should work better. Joyetech will probably come out with an improved firmware soon™.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh, was asking because evolv may have outdated tech but they also have USA support for the board.
Sorry about your troubles dude.
Hopefully someone here can help you out a little

It's all good. :)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Temp protect just means it's reached the limit you set and is throttling it back to keep from overheating. I have two VTC Mini's, and Treeboxes, they all do that.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just back the firmware back to 1.07 works great there the last few updates did more damage than good

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I was going to flash it back. When I get bored I'm going to bust open there firmware I have in the update software and just see what they think they are up to. Should be a easy job.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Agreed!
1.07 works great for me, straight out of the mail...had my two RX200 mods for about a month now and have no complaints at all with them...just my two cents, lololo

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Temp protect just means it's reached the limit you set and is throttling it back to keep from overheating. I have two VTC Mini's, and Treeboxes, they all do that.

Mark
Thats great if it is showing you that it is Throttling. The instructions say nothing about the mod asking if a coil is new,, yes or no. And it still wont read a coil ohm correct. Always .2 ohm high. The Cubiod reads them correct in lock step with my Fluke and Ideal meters when screwed into a base.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I knew it was made in China. I blame Richard ( Dick Head ) Nixon for going over there and sucking there butt hole for all the China Junk imported into the once great USA now days.

It was B. Clinton who normalized trading relations with China...

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The VTC Mini doesn't ask if you have a new coil either. You let it sense the coil resistance, and then lock it. Now, the Treebox does ask, and you select down for same, up for new. The Treebox isn't based on a Joytech board, though, so it's different except for the temp protection notice in the display when it's throttling.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I see a lot of new members in this thread, a certified Troll, and a ex-vaper who could be a little more helpfull.

Here. You are welcome.

Warning for 'Muricans, there might be some reading and learning involved.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/reuleaux-rx-200.160496/
I don't know anything about the board, which was why I asked to verify. I saw break in here and know good and well he is an Rx whiz.
I don't own anything with that particular board, but I do know the other rendition inside out and sideways.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
one as already been addressed but mine never gave me the message that much even before the 3.0 update have you tried running the 316 in manual tc mode at 190 ish.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It was B. Clinton who normalized trading relations with China...

Nixon kicked the door down. The over educated idiot and liar Clinton did normalize and brought NAFTA to our lives.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Your precious cuboid is also "China crap" and your glock is from Austria. Nary an issue with my RX200 with the 3.0 installed. So rather than try and repair your mod you waste precious 10mm ammo on something you spent good money on. Brilliant.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1.07 is working better. It's still reading the coil ohm high by .01.

Thank You

what are you comparing the reading to? That could be the other piece off, or it could be a screw not quite tight enough on the build. Like hott said that's such a small diffence its not going to matter.
Also consider that if its a temp coil the difference can be because the temp is changed slightly from firing on one thing to measure to firing on the other to measure. The difference from point A to point B is what counts.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your precious cuboid is also "China crap" and your glock is from Austria. Nary an issue with my RX200 with the 3.0 installed. So rather than try and repair your mod you waste precious 10mm ammo on something you spent good money on. Brilliant.

I make my own ammo. Tis cheap and very accurate nukes. I enjoy picking off clays on the 100 yard berm off hand. And if China ever makes anything as good as Austria the world will be ending. Ever seen the guns designed and manufactured in China? Have you ever been to China? It's a toss up to whats the biggest hell hole China or India. I'm aware the Cubiod is China Crap also. Are you going to go buy a China made car? You know they can't even clone/copy a car correctly. LOLOLOLOLOL LMFAO

Now did you completely read the post concerning shooting the mod? I stated it will only get the bullet if the warranty process fails to work. Thats how I deal with pure junk. Now will the RX200 get the bullet. Not yet. But it could.

Last edited:

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make my own ammo. Tis cheap and very accurate nukes. I enjoy picking off clays on the 100 yard berm off hand. And if China ever makes anything as good as Austria the world will be ending. Ever seen the guns designed and manufactured in China? Have you ever been to China? It's a toss up to whats the biggest hell hole China or India. I'm aware the Cubiod is China Crap also. Are you going to go buy a China made car? You know they can't even clone/copy a car correctly. LOLOLOLOLOL There dumb ass's. All they know how to do is make baby's and black powder..... LMFAO

Now did you completely read the post concerning shooting the mod? I stated it will only get the bullet if the warranty process fails to work. Thats how I deal with pure junk.
OK please lets not turn this thread into a pissing match. You were given an answer to your problem. That will suffice until wismek fixes the firmware. No need for bullets or small nukes. Rx is a good mod I own 3. Lol

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make my own ammo. Tis cheap and very accurate nukes. I enjoy picking off clays on the 100 yard berm off hand. And if China ever makes anything as good as Austria the world will be ending. Ever seen the guns designed and manufactured in China? Have you ever been to China? It's a toss up to whats the biggest hell hole China or India. I'm aware the Cubiod is China Crap also. Are you going to go buy a China made car? You know they can't even clone/copy a car correctly. LOLOLOLOLOL There dumb ass's. All they know how to do is make baby's and black powder..... LMFAO

Now did you completely read the post concerning shooting the mod? I stated it will only get the bullet if the warranty process fails to work. Thats how I deal with pure junk. Now will the RX200 get the bullet. Not yet. But it could.
Picking off clays at 100yds off hand with your Glock? Mmmmkay. Lmao

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One thing that has surprised me is I can't find any strong following for hacking the firmware for all the new vapeware on the market right now. I see a bit of interest but no real action. It's like it's all under the geek radar. But there is hacked firmware that can be found for toys that were under the Christmas tree last month. Hacked firmware for drones,,, all sorts of stuff.

When I get bored I will look into the firmware for the RX200. Still recovering from redoing all the firmware for my Honda Civic Hybrid. If you need to have your battery pack replaced do not let Honda do it. The pack is a reconditioned pack and still full of awful Panasonic battery's. To try and keep those awful battery's working they wrote the worse code I have ever seen in my life. It's truly worthless. Took 15 mpg right off the top of my mpg. They made sure I will never buy another Honda product again. That little job cost myself and two other friends over 3 months to fix. And you can't flash the car back to the old software. The hardware won't allow it. You have to write all new code. What a pain.

If there is a community out there that works with vapeware firmware let me know.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Obviously, the RX is a piece of junk. I don't blame you a bit. I'll give you $10 for it. You can put that toward a Provari! IM me so I I know where to send the $10.

I'll add it to my other 3. 2 RXs and the DNA200 version. Damn I'm a kind man.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait I'll give $10.25 could use extra battery door and faceplate for color conversion.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Picking off clays at 100yds off hand with your Glock? Mmmmkay. Lmao

I'll make you a video the next time I go to the range. Recovering right now from a major abdominal hernia surgery. Start back to work Feb 1st. Hoping to be back on the range 1st weekend in April. Tried to go shoot Jan. 1st. was far to painful.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about this. I will give it to you if I can hold it in my weak left hand with no Atty and punch you straight in the Adams Apple. How about that deal? :)
Tisk tisk I will let you try but you might not be able to self satisfy with that hand after.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
that's a little uncalled for?
How about this. I will give it to you if I can hold it in my weak left hand with no Atty and punch you straight in the Adams Apple. How about that deal? :)
If there is a community out there that works with vapeware firmware let me know.
Research them
https://www.reddit.com/r/cloudmaker/

There is a huge story behind this company,..some good some bad... but I would prefer to not give any info and let you make your own decision unfettered

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Oh shit... My wife is made in china.... What to do? :eek:

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have no doubt many here would drive a car made in China. They trust their hands and faces with junky China made mods...

VU Sponsors