Become a Patron!

Is it just me....

NtL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, as a woman it makes me uncomfortable to see the really trashy ones, but i do like it when its a nice photo with an attractive man or woman in it. I just don't like the sleazy ones.

sent from my Galaxy Note 5
I totally agree.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nothing every other industry hasn't tried (or still does) in my opinion. I've seen worse stuff from the gun crowds really.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn I gotta go check out the gun crowd...motorcycle crowd, low rider crowd, beer crowd,.....but personally I love the fly fishing crowd.

dda7c2bcb01bc957823f7745fe3597ca.jpg

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
wow. what a reaction. i don't know how to take this in response to the person that started this thread...just joking around, or trying to instigate something? hopefully just joking around.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I'm a straight female, but I don't really have a problem with it; shapely young women are a thing of beauty, no matter who you are. I just wish we could have some balance, and see some toothsome young men too. :D They say women don't care for stuff like that; don't you believe it. :D (I think in that case, "they" must be middle aged men with bald spots and pot bellies, trying to make themselves feel better.) ;)

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't buy from 101 vapes because I have to look at their butt girl ad on this forum. It's a man's world and I will shop at gender neutral ad vendors. Sure show a female but I don't need to see her ass. An example: this video shows a woman showing her curves and classy at the same time.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'm a straight female, but I don't really have a problem with it; shapely young women are a thing of beauty, no matter who you are. I just wish we could have some balance, and see some toothsome young men too. :D They say women don't care for stuff like that; don't you believe it. :D (I think in that case, "they" must be middle aged men with bald spots and pot bellies, trying to make themselves feel better.) ;)

Andria
what are you talking about ..you havea whole thread of beefcackes the countrypami thread.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't buy from 101 vapes because I have to look at their butt girl ad on this forum. It's a man's world and I will shop at gender neutral ad vendors. Sure show a female but I don't need to see her ass. An example: this video shows a woman showing her curves and classy at the same time.
Yeah I agree...... I'm more of a breast man myself.more boobs less butts.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

We've all seen Jenny naked.

She is a complete flake, but easy on the eyes. I feel sorry though, for anyone that takes anything more than a one night stand with her.

I appreciate all women. Some more than others.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We've all seen Jenny naked.

She is a complete flake, but easy on the eyes. I feel sorry though, for anyone that takes anything more than a one night stand with her.

I appreciate all women. Some more than others.

She used to be married to Jim Carrey... that would make ANYONE flaky!!! :D

Andria

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Nice pair! Of bottles, of course :D

More seriously: That advert would attract my attention, which, of course, is what it's designed to do, but it would not encourage me to buy that juice. A shapely figure is nice to look at, but is no guarantee the product is any good.

(She's in good condition, too, btw. You can see it in her shoulders, arms & abs.)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nice pair! Of bottles, of course :D

More seriously: That advert would attract my attention, which, of course, is what it's designed to do, but it would not encourage me to buy that juice. A shapely figure is nice to look at, but is no guarantee the product is any good.

(She's in good condition, too, btw. You can see it in her shoulders, arms & abs.)

Yeah but those are fake boobies. Real ones don't stand up like they're in an underwire bra, even when they're not. :D

Andria

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yeah but those are fake boobies. Real ones don't stand up like they're in an underwire bra, even when they're not. :D
Oh yes they do. Or can. Ask me how I know ;)

Without putting too find a point on it: The kinds of girls I used to chase, back in the day when I was young and stupid, weren't the kinds of girls that could afford that kind of enhancement. And that was back when such procedures, while not unknown, certainly weren't as common as they have been more recently.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I look at the local vapor clubs and no eye candy. Almost all the male vapors look like they have swallowed a watermelon. Maybe that is why no sexy pic's of male vapors. :)
Fat-640-copy.jpg
Goes both ways at our local shops.

Most could use some time on the tread mill, be it guys or gals.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I look at the local vapor clubs and no eye candy. Almost all the male vapors look like they have swallowed a watermelon. Maybe that is why no sexy pic's of male vapors. :)
Fat-640-copy.jpg

When we went in a vape shop last weekend looking for replacements for those driptips I broke, there was a gorgeous hunk sitting at the juice bar... then I realized that he was probably younger than my son. :D

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When we went in a vape shop last weekend looking for replacements for those driptips I broke, there was a gorgeous hunk sitting at the juice bar... then I realized that he was probably younger than my son. :D

Andria
yeah, and......

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I know the feeling well. I work out at a Life Time Fitness gym. Place is crawling with young girls, mostly in yoga pants I swear must be painted on, that are young enough to be my granddaughters. Can't not look & admire. It's an automatic reaction. Have to keep reminding myself of my age vs. theirs. *sigh*...

Never mind the outdoor pool in summertime...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know the feeling well. I work out at a Life Time Fitness gym. Place is crawling with young girls, mostly in yoga pants I swear must be painted on, that are young enough to be my granddaughters. Can't not look & admire. It's an automatic reaction. Have to keep reminding myself of my age vs. theirs. *sigh*...

Never mind the outdoor pool in summertime...
Yeah I work out at a gym and I have these hot young girls smiling at me...I realized it's not because I'm in good shape...it's because I remind them of the Fathers....grandfathers...grandmothers.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I work out at a gym and I have these hot young girls smiling at me...I realized it's not because I'm in good shape...it's because I remind them of the Fathers....grandfathers...grandmothers.
Do you think your saggy moobs are what reminded them of their grandma? :D

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I actually had a most gratifying experience a few weeks ago. One of said sweet young things was using a calf extension machine that was my last stop that day. I asked her if I could work in. "Sure," she said. I got on, adjusted the seat, ran the weight up and started my set. "210 lbs?!?!" she asked. I glanced at the weight stack. "Yeah," I replied, noncommittally. "Wow!" she said.
lol.gif

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fat-640-copy.jpg
Maybe a vaping side affect

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Advertisers are scientific and calculating in their approaches. They don't do anything for no reason. Too much money is at stake and they get paid a lot to do what they do. They look at trends, measure reactions to certain things... ...point is, they run large-scale tests to see what works and go from there. The results are in: sex sells. It's hardwired into us. Seeing a sexy woman/man next to something adds instant appeal because it gets our 'love' and 'trust' hormones going, which in turn influences our perceptions of the products being presented to us.

Sounds hair-brained, but no, really, that's all it is. As much as we like to think ourselves to be logical beings, a lot about the way we feel and perceive the world is bound by simple electro-chemical interactions. They're using a primitive side of your central nervous system to appeal to the conscious side of it. It's actually kind of some spooky, Orwellian shit when you think about it.

People buy things with sexy marketing. Most everyone is susceptible to it. It's not everywhere because advertisers are scummy (which, jesus christ... ...the more you know about the industry, the more you hate it.) They're just putting out what they know the market will buy into. It brings in the money, so they keep doing it.

What's odd to me is that while most people will cringe at the sexy advertising and say "Something is wrong." every time they see one, this is the stuff that sells merchandise. Somewhere along the lines, there's some dishonesty... ...somewhere... ...or perhaps just some casual connections. *shrugs*

Me, I just think, "Damn, she looks fine." and move on with my life. Can't even remember what the product was 5 minutes later. I'm not complaining.

i think marketing is designed to find the easiest fool with cash to buy. if it only takes sex to sell (& often more sex is used on bad products) then to you only need to find the loser who will fall for it.

mike.o.13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still trying to find out what to do with my dry vaping knuckles... if there was only a cure.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Reactions: MMW

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do notice that women at the Vape Shop have a tendency to flaunt their clouds for attention but would the OP be happier if there was a shirtless male model with six pack abs promoting an e-Liquid with a name appealing to the ladies?

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The problem is the FDA (as usual)... Since sellers can't advertise e-cigs' REAL benefit (helping you quit smoking), they have to find some other way... and "sex sells"... first, last, and always. (ETA: although *have* heard some vape shops in the ATL area going very strongly on the smoke cessation angle, and I keep wondering how long they'll get away with it)

I don't *mind* seeing sexy women, but I *would* like to see a bit more balance... a nice bare-chested hunk of beefcake vaping, for every 10 sexy babes... because women vape too! :D

Andria

I agree, more men..... Here's my favorite
481651459-actor-screenwriter-and-director-christopher-gettyimages.jpg

christopher-walken-pennies-from-heaven-dance-video.jpg

More muscles? Tom Hardy

HfE5c.jpg

bronsonfight455.jpg

top-10-films-prisons-bronson.jpg

a bit of Hugh for you

Hugh-Jackman-X-Men-Wolverine.jpg

Hugh-Jackman1-e1374422781715.jpg

Or maybe more sensitive types like Johnny?

6c9e65b475fcce1f7027dd1c4c9ccb48.jpg

Or just NUTs

post-40946-Austin-Powers-oh-groovy-baby-g-gVaH.gif

VU Sponsors