Become a Patron!

Is it just me....

NtL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's getting a little annoyed at all of the "sexy" vape ads. Seriously some of the ads with a chick half naked says nothing about the actual product. I know sex sells, but I think some people have taken it way to far.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't buy from them, If enough people also quit/don't buy from them they will stop.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
VFYAd-ZgWdwsDwZTuXSedN9q-uLywEnjFm-fHnbHCBBfDfXRw005Lnd_oRL0pQJmZ-8lKykWlh7vr0jr2BEo7FokFeKjrDQuZJeOa9UT_Tm_pHPEWKlr0XjaJDg44Rqu_rIMkd_TJvEDEtY0OXqST58LH1JMKVJ-35euf4g=s0-d-e1-ft
-cxnJEEzmmAzAcByEP4lELC_FEpR7Mg1LHHq9n1yEstvbuJlddH3k0MvwbLgMdjHALDNPSvlGuo71m-tqG4X-kOLA5dI85v6AJucbKp98ZeS5c0tW2V-onpHPtLMSKiZndt3XQc3WvLce2sl1VLuP_5NLCt-4nRlkAq_BYY=s0-d-e1-ft
SLb_BU4dmPLMTqVIDf0ZC1Oc28EW0td_Gzo7D1RMiea_XMyoaQnJdD3upct3qfHCVOs9PlEQ5AFSRHMymWSk_ahRXR24WEuOkiGbbASG77TqEbdzxptApkJR49OPuNMS_PJ2-E4Z-Ii45WYvXFExQVmG6dmJWS-1kSds8mI=s0-d-e1-ft

I agree, we should be seeing more!!

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Advertisers are scientific and calculating in their approaches. They don't do anything for no reason. Too much money is at stake and they get paid a lot to do what they do. They look at trends, measure reactions to certain things... ...point is, they run large-scale tests to see what works and go from there. The results are in: sex sells. It's hardwired into us. Seeing a sexy woman/man next to something adds instant appeal because it gets our 'love' and 'trust' hormones going, which in turn influences our perceptions of the products being presented to us.

Sounds hair-brained, but no, really, that's all it is. As much as we like to think ourselves to be logical beings, a lot about the way we feel and perceive the world is bound by simple electro-chemical interactions. They're using a primitive side of your central nervous system to appeal to the conscious side of it. It's actually kind of some spooky, Orwellian shit when you think about it.

People buy things with sexy marketing. Most everyone is susceptible to it. It's not everywhere because advertisers are scummy (which, jesus christ... ...the more you know about the industry, the more you hate it.) They're just putting out what they know the market will buy into. It brings in the money, so they keep doing it.

What's odd to me is that while most people will cringe at the sexy advertising and say "Something is wrong." every time they see one, this is the stuff that sells merchandise. Somewhere along the lines, there's some dishonesty... ...somewhere... ...or perhaps just some casual connections. *shrugs*

Me, I just think, "Damn, she looks fine." and move on with my life. Can't even remember what the product was 5 minutes later. I'm not complaining.

Last edited:

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with the OP. Vaping has enough of an image problem already, and advertisers are compounding it with ridiculous ads. The biker/pinup/metal style of so many vape brands is only gonna attract a small minority of potential customers. What we need is clever, slick, genuine advertising that convinces the masses that vaping is not a sin, but a savior. It's time for a paradigm shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree with the OP. Vaping has enough of an image problem already, and advertisers are compounding it with ridiculous ads. The biker/pinup/metal style of so many vape brands is only gonna attract a small minority of potential customers. What we need is clever, slick, genuine advertising that convinces the masses that vaping is not a sin, but a savior. It's time for a paradigm shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is the FDA (as usual)... Since sellers can't advertise e-cigs' REAL benefit (helping you quit smoking), they have to find some other way... and "sex sells"... first, last, and always. (ETA: although *have* heard some vape shops in the ATL area going very strongly on the smoke cessation angle, and I keep wondering how long they'll get away with it)

I don't *mind* seeing sexy women, but I *would* like to see a bit more balance... a nice bare-chested hunk of beefcake vaping, for every 10 sexy babes... because women vape too! :D

Andria

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem is the FDA (as usual)... Since sellers can't advertise e-cigs' REAL benefit (helping you quit smoking), they have to find some other way... and "sex sells"... first, last, and always. (ETA: although *have* heard some vape shops in the ATL area going very strongly on the smoke cessation angle, and I keep wondering how long they'll get away with it)

I don't *mind* seeing sexy women, but I *would* like to see a bit more balance... a nice bare-chested hunk of beefcake vaping, for every 10 sexy babes... because women vape too! :D

Andria
I'll agree with that:D
tumblr_ngqg0bmhaZ1ramp95o1_1280_zpsy05wmecx.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find that offensive.
Would you feel offended if I said all women are sluts?
Neither statement is true.
Sounds like you need some tougher skin there, Freeman;)
Maybe a little more in the above dept as well:)
You take things too serious, have a vape:)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll agree with that:D
tumblr_ngqg0bmhaZ1ramp95o1_1280_zpsy05wmecx.jpg

Looks good, but no vape...

dorff-blu.jpg

Yeah I know it's one of those asinine Blu e-cigs, but it's Stephen Dorff... pretty damn yummy, and vaping. I found a pic of him shirtless on a beach, and he looks good, but he's not holding a vape.

I've seen another pic I really like... shirtless hunk reclining in bed, vaping... but can't find it now.

Andria

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Attachments

• Jack-Black.jpg
    Jack-Black.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 79
  • 4e81b858a67a75e60f26c25eb7542a1e.jpg
    4e81b858a67a75e60f26c25eb7542a1e.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 7b7746b2213215cc.jpg
    7b7746b2213215cc.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Bruce-Willis-300.jpg
    Bruce-Willis-300.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 85
  • 2863187.jpg
    2863187.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 101
  • depp-vape.jpg
    depp-vape.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 107

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could do without the ad but hey, I doubt it's effecting their bottom line... See what I did there?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I could do without the ad but hey, I doubt it's effecting their bottom line... See what I did there?

Used effecting when you really meant affecting? ;)

Andria

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, as a woman it makes me uncomfortable to see the really trashy ones, but i do like it when its a nice photo with an attractive man or woman in it. I just don't like the sleazy ones.

sent from my Galaxy Note 5

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, as a woman it makes me uncomfortable to see the really trashy ones, but i do like it when its a nice photo with an attractive man or woman in it. I just don't like the sleazy ones.

sent from my Galaxy Note 5
not me I like trashy chicks....

VU Sponsors