Hope your shift flies by for you Skunk.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So skunk are you at ECF? Remember from your intro post you said you created the account and never really used it

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I still got 2 more hours of work. Speaking of which, I need to go back in. Good to see ya.

No worries I’m UK time ...I’m about when most of the other mods are recovering from the US Timezone onslaught haha @Teresa P is about around this time too :hug: Team China Spam FTW

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No insomnia here though. We put the chickens to bed around 7 or 8 and get up with them around 3 or 4. I prefer it that way, though the new job requires a couple night shifts per week, which I hate. Really messes with my normal rhythm, having to stay awake till midnite two days a week.

Skunk!

Member For 4 Years
No insomnia here though. We put the chickens to bed around 7 or 8 and get up with them around 3 or 4. I prefer it that way, though the new job requires a couple night shifts per week, which I hate. Really messes with my normal rhythm, having to stay awake till midnite two days a week.
I used to be a night owl. Now I am a morning person stuck working graveyard.on my weekend J am asleep by 10.and up by 6. I need to get into a morning job.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never fails, by 9 o'clock on those two nights, I catch myself nodding out and struggling to stay awake. Maybe when they have to wake me up I'll get the straight day shift they actually wrote me down for on my job offer.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Good morning everyone. Em and I ended up taking several short walks it was so pleasant out. Unfortunately the sun beat me up this morning. Always feel a bit off when that happens. At least I'm well rested for margaritas tonight.:D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Always been a nightowl myself struggle to switch off before 1am doesn’t help with work mind have to get around 6:30 to get cracking

Skunk!

Member For 4 Years
Never fails, by 9 o'clock on those two nights, I catch myself nodding out and struggling to stay awake. Maybe when they have to wake me up I'll get the straight day shift they actually wrote me down for on my job offer.
I had a Sous Chef position a few years back. My schedule was Two days 5AM to 5PM, two days 5PM to 5AM, and one day 1PM to 10PM. I somehow lasted 10 months at that job. It seemed like it was years.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a Sous Chef position a few years back. My schedule was Two days 5AM to 5PM, two days 5PM to 5AM, and one day 1PM to 10PM. I somehow lasted 10 months at that job. It seemed like it was years.
Holy crap, that would finish me off after one week! I'm not in my 20s anymore, I used to be able to do double and some triple shifts, sometimes for 2 or 3 months straight with no day off - screw that, I need NORMALCY, and a set schedule during daylight hours now. I see no need in a "flexible schedule," hire a day shift crew, hire a night shift crew, call it a day.

Necrospecter

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Good morning everyone. Em and I ended up taking several short walks it was so pleasant out. Unfortunately the sun beat me up this morning. Always feel a bit off when that happens. At least I'm well rested for margaritas tonight.:D
I'll find a way to block that bastard one day.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No you just have to get creative.

I think my husband values his appendage too much to stick it in a dishwasher. And I know for damn sure he values me more than the dishwasher -- he tolerated those screaming hissy fits, while neither of us tolerated the maybe-yes-maybe-no dishwasher.

Strangely enough, I actually managed to sleep last night, so getting up at 11:30ish was just fine. :)

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah well you know me I fucking hate watching what I say. I am Necro I am offensive I buy my t-shirts form t-shirt hell and proudly ware them to walmart and my kid's school :blowkiss:
I got kicked out of a local grocery store because of the shirt I was wearing. The greeter at the door wouldn't let me in.

On the front it said, "I don't give a fuck" and on the back it said, "about the way you're feeling."

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I got kicked out of a local grocery store because of the shirt I was wearing. The greeter at the door wouldn't let me in.

On the front it said, "I don't give a fuck" and on the back it said, "about the way you're feeling."
:giggle::cheers:

Skunk!

Member For 4 Years
Holy crap, that would finish me off after one week! I'm not in my 20s anymore, I used to be able to do double and some triple shifts, sometimes for 2 or 3 months straight with no day off - screw that, I need NORMALCY, and a set schedule during daylight hours now. I see no need in a "flexible schedule," hire a day shift crew, hire a night shift crew, call it a day.
That job finished me off for good. I lost all desire to work my way up through management. Sure you can make good money eventually, but They take full advantage of you. I worked eight 12 hour shifts in a row once. When they had me work 15 hours on Thanksgiving, I had enough. I wasn't about to let them ruin my Christmas too. I put in notice and was out Dec 23.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That job finished me off for good. I lost all desire to work my way up through management. Sure you can make good money eventually, but They take full advantage of you. I worked eight 12 hour shifts in a row once. When they had me work 15 hours on Thanksgiving, I had enough. I wasn't about to let them ruin my Christmas too. I put in notice and was out Dec 23.

I got fired by IHOP, for calling in sick on xmas day -- because I HAD GODDAMN STREP THROAT AND A FEVER OF 102! Sure, I could maybe have dragged myself out of bed and made everyone who ate there deathly sick in time for new years, but I said fuck that and found another damn job after I got well!

Andria

Skunk!

Member For 4 Years
I got fired by IHOP, for calling in sick on xmas day -- because I HAD GODDAMN STREP THROAT AND A FEVER OF 102! Sure, I could maybe have dragged myself out of bed and made everyone who ate there deathly sick in time for new years, but I said fuck that and found another damn job after I got well!

Andria
One of the people I worked with got fired over some bullshit. He went to the union with a wrongful termination suit and won. He had gotten another job by that time, but the company had to give him around $30,000 for back wages and his job back. He worked there a couple months and quit since he had found a better job anyway

Necrospecter

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they fucked up my bottle order they forgot to send the caps

VU Sponsors