Become a Patron!

I’m an Expert ask me (almost) anything Challenge (Closes 3/15/19) 9 PRIZES 9 Winners!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Damn hon, remember them on "In Concert" back in the day? How much older am I than you? Quite a bit, most likely...

Seems like that was about the same time that Nixon was resigning...

I was 13 and already a smoker, lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Knowledge does not require college.
Just being a curious avid reader fills in the knowledge.
Even if most of the stuff I read is Saving the galaxy science fiction drivel :)
Love my Kindle and have a backup just in case.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I like the album that debuted Hagar. One of my favs. I don't have a single fav album/song/artist. Too many good ones.

Last edited:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think that song caused me Drain Bamage.

The Pink Floyd album with the prism on it was the first album that I ever bought.
had to move out on my own first.
Such music was too demonic....
I first heard PF was on a best of 68 album that my mom got from her record club by mistake, on it was "Astronomy Domine" not Jerry Vale. Dark side and Yessongs were my staple in 73 -74 .

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
#Q:

What was the soundtrack to your elementary school years?

I am an expert because I was there.

A: Early Beatles, most definitely! I was in third grade when they were on Ed Sullivan for the first time. Sixth grade when Revolver was released. My favorite of their albums, Revolver.

I hardly remember having music in my life before the Beatles.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I will start the new challenge with this question:

Why is the bottom feed method of vaping called Squonk?

HINT: Answer must contain information (real or imagined) on why you are an expert on the subject :)

Ok.. but remember.. you asked...
Squonk is taken from the word Squonking. Squonking is the act of a woman bearing down on vaginal muscles to expel ejaculate after unprotected sex. The vaping term squonking come from this.. bearing down on an ejuice bottle to expel liquid.
Ref: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squonk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Q what the’s difference between going out and going out out?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am an expert because I was there.

A: Early Beatles, most definitely! I was in third grade when they were on Ed Sullivan for the first time. Sixth grade when Revolver was released. My favorite of their albums, Revolver.

I hardly remember having music in my life before the Beatles.
Did you scream when they came on like all the other girls? I was in second grade in 64...
#Q:

What was the soundtrack to your elementary school years?
I'm an expert because we had black and white TV.

#A The only music in my life back then was AM radio in my parents car. They listened to Perry Como, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc. The Ed Sullivan Show was my first exposure to rock and roll. I prefered the Stones to the Beatles at the time.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did you scream when they came on like all the other girls? I was in second grade in 64...

I'm an expert because we had black and white TV.

#A The only music in my life back then was AM radio in my parents car. They listened to Perry Como, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc. The Ed Sullivan Show was my first exposure to rock and roll. I prefered the Stones to the Beatles at the time.

I did not scream. I was a dignified child.

However, there is a story.

We lived in a duplex apartment in Charlotte at the time. The other side of the duplex was occupied by a mother and daughter. Mother turned out to be a little off in the head. Daughter was maybe fourteen or fifteen at the time.

That same night that the Beatles were supposed to be on ES, we had been hearing "commotion" from the other side of the duplex for quite some time. Their front door slammed, then it got quiet except for tiny sounds coming from the porch. Parents were concerned, and eventually opened the door to find daughter sitting on the front steps in the cold, no coat or sweater, cold enough outside to see your own breath. They ushered her inside, and she sat down in the floor with me and we watched the Beatles together. Sure seemed as if she forgot all about her mom.

I did not scream, but I'll be damned if she didn't very nearly faint. I seriously thought she was going to faint. I could not have put it into the right words at the time, but looking back on it from age, I think hyperventilation is what was going on.

It was most definitely a cultural phenomenon, not sure we as a society have experienced anything else quite like it since. It's difficult to even describe it from this distance.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
AM radio, all we had. Tube type of course, this was before transistors became available to consumers.

Oh jeez, it must be blast-from-the-past day today. My mother had this damn "transistor" radio that was about the size of a box of Kleenex! It was a Sylvania, remember it like it was yesterday.

She used to get mad at it and take it apart. Would have pieces left over after she put it back together. She did this to the radio, the vacuum cleaner, the iron, woman thought she was mechanically inclined, but what she really was was an accident waiting to happen.

After she and my cousin straight-wired the vacuum cleaner, we couldn't use that electric outlet any more.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh jeez, it must be blast-from-the-past day today. My mother had this damn "transistor" radio that was about the size of a box of Kleenex! It was a Sylvania, remember it like it was yesterday.

She used to get mad at it and take it apart. Would have pieces left over after she put it back together. She did this to the radio, the vacuum cleaner, the iron, woman thought she was mechanically inclined, but what she really was was an accident waiting to happen.

After she and my cousin straight-wired the vacuum cleaner, we couldn't use that electric outlet any more.
A big ol torpedo shaped vacuum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors