Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just for you. Oh yeah before I forget, blue is out of stock.

http://vapenw.com/by-brand/hcigar/hcigar-vt133-battery-cover
Thanks for the info Bill :vino:. I wasn't aware VapeNW carries the battery covers. Man, thanks to everyone here this has probably become a pretty good source for all things VT133. For me personally, I've enjoyed being a small part of this immensely. I've really had fun participating in it!

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man! Aspen Valley Vapes has em for about $10. VapeNW is almost China pricing. I may get the orange.
When I read Orange, I started to twitch because I didn't order that one :D:giggle:. I'm just messing around, but my curiosity made me look. It seems like it's the same color that GB refers to as Red. The picture looks Red to me (I do have that one coming :devil:).

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I read Orange, I started to twitch because I didn't order that one :D:giggle:. I'm just messing around, but my curiosity made me look. It seems like it's the same color that GB refers to as Red. The picture looks Red to me (I do have that one coming :devil:).
Is it s pink dress or a blue dress? :giggle:

Big_Jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my vt133 arrived today. This is the first dna mod i have ever owned and im a little lost. I figured out how to change it to 2cell so that the mod actually works and doesnt say check battery. But what im lost at is the mod says NI as wire type and when i go into escribe the only 3 wire types to choose from is nickel ss and titanium. Im using a smok tfv4 so obviously its standard kanthal wire in the coils. How do i go about fixing this issue. I looked all through the thread and unless i missed something i didnt see anything. Searched youtube and couldnt find anything else. I realize this is probably a easy fix but im just having a massive brain fart and cant figure it out. Is there a way to change it to standard wattage mod instead of tc mode in escribe?

Update:
So i was looking more indepth into the escribe tutorial and on the tutorial it shows nickel as well as a custom option. For some reason mine only shows nickel titanium and ss. I am not able to load a custom profile. Im looking at steam engine and there are 2 kanthal options to choose from(i dunno which one is actually the one i need lol). Do i just download one of the kanthal spreadsheets and load it as a new file?

Last edited:

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ Big_Jake: Well you can vape Kanthal with TC selected. As it automatically figures it out and switches to power mode. But you can setup a Profile for Power mode (no TC) too. In EScribe select any wire (it doesn't matter) and tick the box for temperature off.

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It automatically detects the type of wore that is installed, so if it's a kanthal coil it will fire it as such. The wire types you are seeing is so for different profiles you can have different setups and pre-heat hits for the specific temp control wire you select for that profile.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my vt133 arrived today. This is the first dna mod i have ever owned and im a little lost. I figured out how to change it to 2cell so that the mod actually works and doesnt say check battery. But what im lost at is the mod says NI as wire type and when i go into escribe the only 3 wire types to choose from is nickel ss and titanium. Im using a smok tfv4 so obviously its standard kanthal wire in the coils. How do i go about fixing this issue. I looked all through the thread and unless i missed something i didnt see anything. Searched youtube and couldnt find anything else. I realize this is probably a easy fix but im just having a massive brain fart and cant figure it out. Is there a way to change it to standard wattage mod instead of tc mode in escribe?
You can't use Kanthal in TC. Just disable TC in one of your 8 profiles by clicking on the box Off in the Temperature section of the General Tab (first screen) as shown. Don't forget to click on Upload settings to Device at the top of Escribe when you are done to save this profile to your mod. You can download this custom screen and then add it to that profile so it will say Kanthal when selected.
KAN.png

upload_2016-5-25_19-4-35.png

Big_Jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh ok so Im actually safe to vape even tho it says tc. Just tick temperature to off. I figured that may work but being so new to a dna mod i didnt want to risk it and do something wrong

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can't use Kanthal in TC. Just disable TC in one of your 8 profiles by clicking on the box Off in the Temperature section of the General Tab (first screen) as shown. Don't forget to click on Upload settings to Device at the top of Escribe when you are done to save this profile to your mod. You can download this custom screen and then add it to that profile so it will say Kanthal when selected.
View attachment 52215

View attachment 52214
DNASteve/VT133STEVE strikes again. Lol. You really need to change that screen name bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Big_Jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
p5aRs.png

This is the current settings i have, incase anything is wrong lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh ok so Im actually safe to vape even tho it says tc. Just tick temperature to off. I figured that may work but being so new to a dna mod i didnt want to risk it and do something wrong
I was just showing you how to setup a profile for Kanthal. I have different ones setup for all my different TC wires and one I labeled as Kanthal as well. You could also use a screen like Power Mode if you preferred

PM.png

I just like the screens to come up for my different profiles. Check out this thread if you get a chance, it might be helpful while setting up your VT133. Good luck Jake! If you have any further questions feel free to ask, there are a lot of very helpful people here.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I forgot the link to the thread:
Tips For Setting Up a DNA200 Mod (FAQ)

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will do that now, I was looking at the file that had all of them, sadly no houston texans one:(
I'll look for one if I can't find one I'll make you one. I made a New Jersey Devils Welcome Screen for a buddy of mine and a Red Wings one for myself. I might not get around to it for a couple of days, but I will do it. I can either post it here or PM you.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will do that now, I was looking at the file that had all of them, sadly no houston texans one:(
@Big_Jake Well I got on right away. I couldn't find one so I made this one up pretty quick. I tried it on one of my VT133 and I think it came out pretty good if I do say so myself. Please let me know what you think if you get a chance.

HT.png

Keep in mind that the DNA200 screen is monochrome so it will come out in Black and White. I change my time on to 3 seconds for my welcome screens (sometimes even 5). If you have any questions how to load it, just ask.
PS Big Jake is one of my favorite Duke movies (I have a lot of favorites, but that's one of them)

upload_2016-5-25_19-52-4.png

Cheers,
Steve

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
For some reason when I first bought a DNA 200, something put me off the VT133, and I got a Lavabox(Which I LOVE)...
Next, will be a DNA75(Lavabox M)

But, the VT133 just keeps staring me in the face everywhere I go!! I'm trying hard to save, but now I know how great this mod is!!

All Black or Silver and Black? If I do decide to grab one, I cant make my mind up lol... :Do_O

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For some reason when I first bought a DNA 200, something put me off the VT133, and I got a Lavabox(Which I LOVE)...

But, the VT133 just keeps staring me in the face everywhere I go!! I'm trying hard to save, but now I know how great this mod is!!

All Black or Silver and Black? If I do decide to grab one, I cant make my mind up lol... :Do_O
Silver and black is the way to go. If you want an all black one you can always pick up a battery cover for $6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've been using the all Black VT133 with a Black Aromamizer and Black/Smoke Glass for the last few days. I've had quite a few compliments on it :devil:. Figured I'd make it hard for you to save :giggle::giggle::giggle:. I'm just messing around my friend. :vino:

Cheers,
Steve

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been using the all Black VT133 with a Black Aromamizer and Black/Smoke Glass for the last few days. I've had quite a few compliments on it :devil:. Figured I'd make it hard for you to save :giggle::giggle::giggle:. I'm just messing around my friend. :vino:

Cheers,
Steve
Steve you are EVERYWHERE when it comes to DNA mods!! lol
I am going to deff. see if I can fit this into my budget before I move.. Hoping I can...

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a great price! Did you get your doors yet from GB? Mine are on the way. I should be just a day or two behind you. The yellow one from FT shipped same day so I should have it soon too.
Not yet, they seem to be walking them here from Ohio :giggle:. I thought I'd have them by now but I haven't seen any movement since my last post. I'm not sure if they update on a regular basis or if they are just going to show up. I'll post here when I get them. Please let me know when you get yours (if you get a chance)

Cheers,
Steve

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Not yet, they seem to be walking them here from Ohio :giggle:. I thought I'd have them by now but I haven't seen any movement since my last post. I'm not sure if they update on a regular basis or if they are just going to show up. I'll post here when I get them. Please let me know when you get yours (if you get a chance)

Cheers,
Steve
Absolutely! My "china" stuff usually goes through Chicago. Once it's there I usually get it in 2 or 3 days.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the vt13 proved its value today.
left the house at 0630 and didn't get home until 2100
wasn't in the office at all, just a ton of errands, from physical therapy to a doctor visit. I would have been fine with the trusty shark, but grabbed the vt133 and a spare set of batteries.

didn't even need the spares.

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
the vt13 proved its value today.
left the house at 0630 and didn't get home until 2100
wasn't in the office at all, just a ton of errands, from physical therapy to a doctor visit. I would have been fine with the trusty shark, but grabbed the vt133 and a spare set of batteries.

didn't even need the spares.
I generally get a full day out of the batteries. I've been very pleased. Can't imagine I'll ever need more than 133w and much prefer using and changing my batteries to the lipo/charge option.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I generally get a full day out of the batteries. I've been very pleased. Can't imagine I'll ever need more than 133w and much prefer using and changing my batteries to the lipo/charge option.
Yeah, I have to admit, it's very convenient to be able to just switch out 18650's. I seem to be getting great battery life with these mods. I never got a full day out of 2 x 18650's in my IPV3 Li. So far I've always got a full day with the VT133 (a little over if I push them to the weak battery warning). I've just been changing them in the morning.

PS I'm vaping more ml's now then when I was using the IPV3 Li to boot (The Aromamizer Supreme is a thirsty beast)

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm always going to be love that shark more- I cant help it, for the last two years, I have had a vaporshark by my side 24/7. I openly admit my fanboism, but this little 133 is the shit. no 2 ways about it.
and even though I still had extra batteries rather than extra battery pack, it was nice to see it run like that

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I have to admit, it's very convenient to be able to just switch out 18650's. I seem to be getting great battery life with these mods. I never got a full day out of 2 x 18650's in my IPV3 Li. I've yet not to get a full day with the VT133. So far I've just been changing them in the morning.

This is the first dual 18650 mod I've had where I've been able to go a full day without changing batteries. Out of habit I still don't go anywhere without a backup set, but there really is no need to carry them around. I've been using mine since 530 this morning and I'm still just at 3.4V

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is the first dual 18650 mod I've had where I've been able to go a full day without changing batteries. Out of habit I still don't go anywhere without a backup set, but there really is no need to carry them around. I've been using mine since 530 this morning and I'm still just at 3.4V
evolve does do a much better job with power management an any yihi board.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They certainly do! I didn't even want a shark..but you've about got me convinced to go pick one up tomorrow:mad:
hahaha- the one thing I tell people is if you like plying in the 75w or higher world, you will definitely feel the battery life, unless you are planning to charge it often.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
evolve does do a much better job with power management an any yihi board.
That's the understatement of the year :D. I changed my batteries yesterday morning. I decided to let them go until I got the weak battery signal. I just got it (it's 11:30AM here and I've been up since 6AM). I swear I'm going through at least 25-35% more juice with the Aromamizer Supreme vs the Billow V2 that I was using on the IPV3 Li. I'm getting at least 25-33% longer run-time (I never even got a full day with the IPV3 Li). If I didn't see it everyday with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it.

PS It's a good thing I DIY my juice :giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

Edit This isn't scientific. I didn't write down exactly how much juice I went through or the exact runtime with the IPV3 Li. I know how many times I use to fill up the Billow V2 and how much I fill up the Supreme, coupled with knowing for a fact I never got a full day out of the IPV3 Li. No matter how you slice it, I'm using more juice and getting longer runtime with the VT133/Supreme combo.

Last edited:

Big_Jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Big_Jake Well I got on right away. I couldn't find one so I made this one up pretty quick. I tried it on one of my VT133 and I think it came out pretty good if I do say so myself. Please let me know what you think if you get a chance.

View attachment 52220

Keep in mind that the DNA200 screen is monochrome so it will come out in Black and White. I change my time on to 3 seconds for my welcome screens (sometimes even 5). If you have any questions how to load it, just ask.
PS Big Jake is one of my favorite Duke movies (I have a lot of favorites, but that's one of them)

View attachment 52221

Cheers,
Steve
I like it!! Soon as i get home to my personal computer i will put it right on, thank you!!!

Big_Jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Steve you are EVERYWHERE when it comes to DNA mods!! lol
I am going to deff. see if I can fit this into my budget before I move.. Hoping I can...
I had a sig 100w that broke so i needed a new second mod anyways. We just purchased a new house and my wife went out and spent some money decorating. So i told her you spend that i get a new mod. I picked the all black and im in love!!. I need to figure out the battery configuration. Seems like my batteries are dieing so quick

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a sig 100w that broke so i needed a new second mod anyways. We just purchased a new house and my wife went out and spent some money decorating. So i told her you spend that i get a new mod. I picked the all black and im in love!!. I need to figure out the battery configuration. Seems like my batteries are dieing so quick
What batteries are you using? It's probably something as simple as setting the Watt Hours in the mod tab of Escribe. If you tell me which ones, I'll be able to tell you the watt hours.

PS I'm glad you like the Texans Screen.

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape about 15ml of juice per charge on my HCigar VT133s with Samsung 25r (green). Strangely that is all I can vape with a Reuleaux RX200 too with the same Samsung 25r, except those uses three 18650s. My Reuleaux DNA200s last way over 20ml per charge.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's the understatement of the year :D. I changed my batteries yesterday morning. I decided to let them go until I got the weak battery signal. I just got it (it's 11:30AM here and I've been up since 6AM). I swear I'm going through at least 25-35% more juice with the Aromamizer Supreme vs the Billow V2 that I was using on the IPV3 Li. I'm getting at least 25-33% longer run-time (I never even got a full day with the IPV3 Li). If I didn't see it everyday with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it.

PS It's a good thing I DIY my juice :giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

Edit This isn't scientific. I didn't write down exactly how much juice I went through or the exact runtime with the IPV3 Li. I know how many times I use to fill up the Billow V2 and how much I fill up the Supreme, coupled with knowing for a fact I never got a full day out of the IPV3 Li. No matter how you slice it, I'm using more juice and getting longer runtime with the VT133/Supreme combo.
with similar settings I would burn through 5 18650s with the sxmini m class as I do with the one pair on the dna133- and that's using the powerful/55w
amazing considering the dna is calculating much more frequesntly

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use the brown LG's
got 4 of them from liionwholesale- 3000mah and for a regulated device they are perfect.
http://liionwholesale.com/collectio...lat-top-wholesale-discount?variant=3263844292

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the brown LG's
got 4 of them from liionwholesale- 3000mah and for a regulated device they are perfect.
http://liionwholesale.com/collectio...lat-top-wholesale-discount?variant=3263844292
I'm using the same LG HG2's in mine. I have some new Green 25R's I haven't tried yet. I'm assuming my run-time wouldn't be quite as good with the 25R's since I'm not really pushing it and they have ~500mah less capacity.

Don't get me wrong I think 25R's are great batteries especially if you are vaping at higher power. To my way of thinking, even though they both have a 20 amp CDR, I consider the 25R's to be more in the 25amp CDR category (If that exists). Samsung has been known to be conservative in their ratings. Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Big_Jake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What batteries are you using? It's probably something as simple as setting the Watt Hours in the mod tab of Escribe. If you tell me which ones, I'll be able to tell you the watt hours.

PS I'm glad you like the Texans Screen.

Cheers,
Steve
LG hg2 brownies are my main set. Ive gone through maybe 10ml so far since 5am in my tfv4 and im sitting on about 1/3 charge left give or take

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LG hg2 brownies are my main set. Ive gone through maybe 10ml so far since 5am in my tfv4 and im sitting on about 1/3 charge left give or take
You should have the watt hours set to 22.2 WH with those batteries. I also have my Soft Cell Cutoff set to 3.09v. If yours is set higher that will also give you shorter runtime but possibly more charge cycles.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm using the same LG HG2's in mine. I have some new Green 25R's I haven't tried yet. I'm assuming my runtime wouldn't be quite as good with the 25R's since I'm not really pushing it and they have ~500mah less capacity.

Don't get me wrong I think 25R's are great batteries especially if you are vaping at higher power. To my way of thinking, even thought they both have a 20 amp CDR, I consider the 25R's to be more in the 25amp CDR category (If that exists). Samsung has been known to be conservative in their ratings. Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Steve
personally, I was using 25r's in regulated mods normally, that was until the HG2s- because of the run time,
I stick wth only VTC4s and VTC5s in mechanical mods- usually the vtc4s because I like to build a little on the low side (0.15-0.17)

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should have the watt hours set to 22.2 WH with those batteries. I also have my Soft Cell Cutoff set to 3.09v. If yours is set higher that will also give you shorter runtime but possibly more charge cycles.

Cheers,
Steve

I tried mine at 22.2 and the battery meter wasn't even close to right, then I figured it up to something around 29.8 and now it reads it right in the battery meter even tho I know something isn't correct in the battery settings. My other dna's are lipo packs and pretty fool proof to set up.

VU Sponsors