Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that can happen if you use the scroll wheel while you scroll the page and it skates over the area too.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing because I don't think he tried factory reset until after he was already having the problem.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Mail has Landed :vapemail::stars::hearts:

IMG_20160519_190747_zps2vztwiu4.jpg

IMG_20160519_190839_zps64aegmmj.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like all the little things about Escribe. Since I already had one of the triplets set up, cloning the other two is easy as could be. Just download the Ecig file from the one that's already set up, hook up the next one and load it, rinse and repeat. I know you guys already know this, but I'm rambling in my euphoria :D.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really like all the little things about Escribe. Since I already had one of the triplets set up, cloning the other two is easy as could be. Just download the Ecig file from the one that's already set up, hook up the next one and load it, rinse and repeat. I know you guys already know this, but I'm rambling in my euphoria :D.

Cheers,
Steve
That's what I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In case anyone is interested, all 3 mods are working as they should. Put the same RTA on all 3 mods and they are all reading the same resistance. All vaping the same as well. I've only had a couple of minutes vaping on the new ones. Just wanted to make sure they were all working properly. I decided to give them each their own custom welcome screen.

5.png DTIGERS DNA 200.jpg 2511979.png

In case you haven't guessed, I'm a bit of a sports fan :D (I made the Red Wings screen myself - I found the other two online)

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohhhh, I like the Yellow and Black One.....
Thanks Zam, I like that one too. The yellow battery cover has a rubber texture type of coating that the silver and black don't have. Feels good in hand and adds a little grip as well. I also ordered 3 extra Hcigar battery covers from Gearbest (Blue, Lime Green, and Red - that's all the colors the battery covers come in - my understanding is they have the same coating). They were pretty inexpensive with a coupon code I found and I figured it would stop me from ordering more of the VT133 as an added benefit :giggle::giggle::giggle:
1461833656540593765.jpg
1461833654003068058.jpg
1461833655972446093.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Zam, I like that one too. The yellow battery cover has a rubber texture type of coating that the silver and black don't have. Feels good in hand and adds a little grip as well. I ordered 3 extra Hcigar covers from Gearbest as well (Blue, Lime Green, and Red - that's all the colors the mod comes in - my understanding is they have the same coating). They were pretty inexpensive with a coupon code I found and I figured it would stop me from ordering more of the VT133 as an added benefit :giggle::giggle::giggle:
Cheers,
Steve

The rubber-ish texture coating is awesome! Its nice when juice gets on it as well because it doesn't soak it in, but the coating also virtually stops it from just running very far down the device and making more of a mess.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Man, I'd buy a third if I could, too. I'm loving these. And the blue I can confirm is rubbery unlike the silver. It's real nice. I'm gonna have to order some battery covers myself. I'm so glad I got two of these. And my battery meters are all good now that I set the charge amount in device monitor. Seems it's just me, but I've had to do that with all of my 18650 DNA 200's. It solves the problem, so I'm cool.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First off, Welcome to VU @CaVape80 There are some very helpful people here.

Those are just the factory default settings for the DNA200 chip (Hcigar didn't run it and fill them in :(). Running your case analyzer is easy but takes a few hours. You don't need anything special like resistors to run it. The only thing you need to do is wait until your batteries are between 1/4-1/2 charged, then hook the mod to Escribe and click on the Case Analyzer (you can't use the mod while the test is running). After the test is finished, click on accept and the settings will be automatically filled in.
*Don't forget to click the tab at the top of Escribe "Upload Settings to Device" after making changes or they wont be saved*

That all being said, you are in luck. I just happened to have run mine yesterday and will be happy to share them. Here's a screen shot I took of mine.

View attachment 50944

Cheers,
Steve
Steve, just curious. How long does it take to run case analyzer? Do you need to hit record, or just let it go and it stops on its own? I just got my vt75 and want to run it on that

Thanks for your help as usual

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve, just curious. How long does it take to run case analyzer? Do you need to hit record, or just let it go and it stops on its own? I just got my vt75 and want to run it on that

Thanks for your help as usual
I didn't time it but I would say it was somewhere between 2-3 hours. You don't have to hit record, just let it run. After it finishes you will see a tab that says "Accept", Just click on it and it will automatically fill in the Thermal properties. Don't forget to click on Upload Settings to Device at the top of Escribe when you are done so it saves your work to the mod.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With a 3.09 soft cell cutoff, the resting voltage is higher than that. Next time I'll take them down to the weak battery warning and take a voltage reading. When I popped them in my charger, in less than a minute the charger is reading 3.5V.

Cheers,
Steve
I finally got around to doing it. I ran them down to the weak battery message, fired them a few more times for good measure. I popped new batteries in the mod and then took a voltage reading (less than a minute). They were at 3.17v each. Waited a few more minutes and they were at 3.27v. Waited yet a couple more minutes and they were still at 3.27v (resting voltage).

My conclusion: I don't see any problem setting the soft cell cutoff at 3.09v. If you want a 3.5v resting voltage I would try ~3.3v soft cell cutoff. I'm leaving mine at 3.09v because I can always pull them out before the weak battery signal (I usually just change them in the morning anyway). I don't see any problem with a 3.27v resting voltage. Even if I get a few less cycles, I don't mind since I buy them when I see a sale. Mine are around $4 a piece (actually a tad less), so I'm not going to sweat a few less cycles). If I was really wanting to squeeze every last cycle out, I'd probably raise my soft cell cutoff to 3.2-3.3v.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I believe 18650's are tested down to 2.5v by LG, Samsung, Sony, etc. So were not over-discharging them any way you slice it.

Last edited:

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends how hard you hit the batteries. As I just was playing around with some of my older mods. Since I recall some of them were lasting pretty long on a battery per charge. And they do pretty well by today's standards. Although they last shorter than I recall. And I guess I vape more juice now than I did back then. :giggle:

Anyway I was pretty shocked when I fired up my P4U Seven 22 this morning. I am running it at 21 watts and it displays battery bar, battery voltage, coil voltage, resistance and wattage all on the screen at one time (uses a YiHi SX220). And I threw a fully charged Samsung 25r (blue) in it. And the battery voltage drops between 0.3 to 0.4v under load. And I know it isn't drawing more than 6 amps. I hate to see what it drops to under a 20A load.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't time it but I would say it was somewhere between 2-3 hours. You don't have to hit record, just let it run. After it finishes you will see a tab that says "Accept", Just click on it and it will automatically fill in the Thermal properties. Don't forget to click on Upload Settings to Device at the top of Escribe when you are done so it saves your work to the mod.

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks much Steve for all of your help.

lemonpotty

Member For 3 Years
I was looking to buy one of these or the Hotcig DX200 but was hesitant because of the battery sled design. How secure is it? If you were to grab the mod by the sled and hold it parallel to the ground would it slide off?

If anyone has a comparison picture with the IPV5 I would appreciate if they could share it.
Thank you!

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With both batteries in and a dripper or tank on also, holding it by the battery sleeve parallel to the ground it will not fall off under normal circumstances. If you find it loose for some reason you can squeeze it tighter closed and slide it on, since it's made from metal.

lemonpotty

Member For 3 Years
I've read somewhere that they have added magnets to the battery sled design. Is this true? My only problem with the battery door sled was that it was just held by protruding metal balls in the inital release.

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know honestly, mine is only a couple weeks old and has the bb balls that hold it on. With how good it works I can't see why you'd need magnets tho. The only thing that would improve this mod in my opinion would be the ability to put a lipo pack in it also.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've read somewhere that they have added magnets to the battery sled design. Is this true? My only problem with the battery door sled was that it was just held by protruding metal balls in the inital release.
Mine don't have magnets and I've never had the battery cover come off without me trying to take it off. As @eggymaniac said, if you find the battery cover is loose, take it off a gently squeeze it and it will have a tighter fit. I'm also not usually holding it by the battery cover alone. The fire button is on the frame so your hand is naturally usually grasping some part of the frame as well. I've yet to see anyone post here that their battery cover came off and had their mod fall.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know honestly, mine is only a couple weeks old and has the bb balls that hold it on. With how good it works I can't see why you'd need magnets tho. The only thing that would improve this mod in my opinion would be the ability to put a lipo pack in it also.
Best dual 18650 DNA out there in my opinion. Battery door is solid. If you hold it by the battery door only and shake it then yeah the door will come off. Like Wings said though because of the way it's designed you really never hold the mod that way. This one is my pocketable DNA for sure.

CaVape80

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
loving my vt 133 just purchased my second for ecig.com the black one it looks sick. If you come across some extra money buy a efusion dou also but the vt 133 is a better deal imho. anyone out there who is looking for case analysis numbers as I was a week ago I highly recommend running your own case analyzer on escribe. I've been finding it really enjoyable figuring out escribe and running my own analysis and if you have the time and patience do it. The battery covers do look really cool.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, no worries about the battery cover. As has been said, if you grabbed it in an awkward and uncomfortable way and held just the cover, you could get it to come off, but you won't do that. I will say my silver cover is painted I believe and glossy, as opposed to the blue being rubbery. I prefer the blue for feel alone. Also, the silver cover does have some play sliding up and down, very minimal, though. The blue doesn't, and I attribute it to the rubbery finish. I have a HexOhm, and they're incredible mods, not cheap, and the battery door on those moves around constantly. It's too small, but just how they are. If a HexOhm has some play, I'm fine with the VT133 having some. It's VERY minor, and insignificant.

BTW, I'm loving these things. I have a LiPo, 3 18650, and these dual 18650's, and I really think they're my favorite. Under half the price of my Tugboat DNA, and I think I prefer them.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I do have a question regarding escribe. As we move on down the road into prohibition (assuming the regs stand), what happens if computer OS change? Will escribe no longer be supported? Will my mod become useless? I haven't bought a DNA200 because I've been concerned about that.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing that would improve this mod in my opinion would be the ability to put a lipo pack in it also.
Actually a hacksaw and some soldering, a lipo would be easy to fit in there. I am not sure if plugs would fit in there too, but if you could... you could switch between 18650s and a lipo.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have a question regarding escribe. As we move on down the road into prohibition (assuming the regs stand), what happens if computer OS change? Will escribe no longer be supported? Will my mod become useless? I haven't bought a DNA200 because I've been concerned about that.
Once you set up your profiles and put the different TC wires you might use in your material tab, you really don't need Escribe. I basically add every material I think I might use to the material tab (Ni200, Ti01, and SS316L are preloaded - to that I added SS304, SS430). Once that is done I can select any of those wires to add to any of my 8 profiles (from the mod itself). You can also adjust temperature and power from the mod. The only thing you cant adjust as of now from the mod is preheat power, length, and punch.

Escribe works on all my PC's (Windows 8 and 10). As to what the future holds, who knows. I'm pretty sure if a new version of Windows came out that Escribe wouldn't function on, you would be able to download program that would emulate an earlier version of Windows allowing you to run said program(s).

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Actually a hacksaw and some soldering, a lipo would be easy to fit in there. I am not sure if plugs would fit in there too, but if you could... you could switch between 18650s and a lipo.
Funny how certain people prefer certain things. I bought this mod because it doesn't have a lipo. Lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was looking to buy one of these or the Hotcig DX200 but was hesitant because of the battery sled design. How secure is it? If you were to grab the mod by the sled and hold it parallel to the ground would it slide off?

If anyone has a comparison picture with the IPV5 I would appreciate if they could share it.
Thank you!
There were small magnets at the top, all of the NEW batteries have two large magnets mounted in the center of the battery packs. Don't worry about is being loose!!! It's actually pretty hard to get the newer one apart, board line too hard! The older one was a bit loose, stayed on BUT if you shook it around, it could come off. The new one, no, you REALLY have to use some force to get the pack off...

Sorry, I don't have a comparison pic, as I don't have the IPv5...I could do comparison to Cuboid, Xcube II, or Kanger Kbox....I also have the 18650 pack, and the 1300mAh pack....

Here is a pick of the magnets, as the 18650 pack doesn't have a sticker on it covering them up...

18650magnets.jpg

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny how certain people prefer certain things. I bought this mod because it doesn't have a lipo. Lol
Yes I own tons of devices that uses lipos and I am not fond of them myself. I only own two mods that uses lipos and if I had to do it again I would have never bought them. I only mentioned that these HCigar VT133 won't be hard to convert over to a lipo, if that was your thing.

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Once you set up your profiles and put the different TC wires you might use in your material tab, you really don't need Escribe. I basically add every material I think I might use to the material tab (Ni200, Ti01, and SS316L are preloaded - to that I added SS304, SS430). Once that is done I can select any of those wires to add to any of my 8 profiles (from the mod itself). You can also adjust temperature and power from the mod. The only thing you cant adjust as of now from the mod is preheat power, length, and punch.

Escribe works on all my PC's (Windows 8 and 10). As to what the future holds, who knows. I'm pretty sure if a new version of Windows came out that Escribe wouldn't function on, you would be able to download program that would emulate an earlier version of Windows allowing you to run said program(s).

Cheers,
Steve

Someone will figure work-arounds if worse comes to worse, but for escribe to be completely obsolete is pretty far fetched so I wouldn't worry about it. Along the lines of what Wingsfan0310 is laying out, people will have profiles they could give out if there is no further updates adding wire profiles to the firmware.

Something escribe could do-I wish I could plant a bug in their ear for this- is make escribe fully open source, that way they could drop any updates to something like pirate bay or drop box then we could load the updates in manually like we do with other csv files.

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Could take out the daughter board and I bet the plugs would fit then, as you don't need a daughter board with a lipo. I wish my efusion duo fit in my hand like my vt133 and I'd be a very happy person!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looking classy. As long as you can still see the juice, and you can, the all black looks great. Is the black rubbery like the colors, or glossy like the silver?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Finally received my Black Glass for the Aromamizer Supreme. I'm posting it here because I have it sitting on the Black VT133. It's the Blacked Out Combo. I usually prefer clear glass on my attys, but for some reason I really like the look of this combination.

IMG_20160523_200217_zpstckxf4s0.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
dude, if you like the black glass, check out IBtanked "abyss" color. if they don't have the glass listed email them, they'll make damn near anything

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking classy. As long as you can still see the juice, and you can, the all black looks great. Is the black rubbery like the colors, or glossy like the silver?
Thanks, I think it looks classy as well. The Black has more of a metallic feel like the Silver. The Silver feels a tad more glossy, sort of like the Black has more of a matte texture in comparison. It's not quite the rubber feel of the yellow though. To me if feels like it's somewhere in between the Silver and the Yellow.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'm trying to describe it the best I can. I had a friend feel all of them as well and they said all 3 felt different. Went as far as to say they could tell which is which with their eyes closed. Sure enough, just by feel they were 100% accurate.

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks, I think it looks classy as well. The Black has more of a metallic feel like the Silver. The Silver feels a tad more glossy, sort of like the Black has more of a matte texture in comparison. It's not quite the rubber feel of the yellow though. To me if feels like it's somewhere in between the Silver and the Yellow.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'm trying to describe it the best I can. I had a friend feel all of them as well and they said all 3 felt different. Went as far as to say they could tell which is which with their eyes closed. Sure enough, just by feel they were 100% accurate.
Thank you for the scientific trial... ;) lol. I love blue, and I prefer the feel. I need to order some more color doors that will be rubbery. I just don't want to order from China. I'm impatient but may just have to do it. Nothing against China, but I hate international shipping. I'm sure it will save me some money though.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thank you for the scientific trial... ;) lol. I love blue, and I prefer the feel. I need to order some more color doors that will be rubbery. I just don't want to order from China. I'm impatient but may just have to do it. Nothing against China, but I hate international shipping. I'm sure it will save me some money though.
Thanks to Steve's help and encouragement I have my 2nd VT133 on the way. I also bought 3 battery doors 2 from Gearbest and 1 from Fasttech. All 3 are on the way, let's see how long it takes. I'll be able to have black/black, silver, red, blue and of course yellow :) This thread has been so encouraging and helpful!!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks to Steve's help and encouragement I have my 2nd VT133 on the way. I also bought 3 battery doors 2 from Gearbest and 1 from Fasttech. All 3 are on the way, let's see how long it takes. I'll be able to have black/black, silver, red, blue and of course yellow :) This thread has been so encouraging and helpful!!
Steve you need to change your screen name to DNASteve or VT133Steve. Lmao.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer the feel of the rubbery doors as well. I understand your hesitation to order from China but with the coupon code posted earlier in the thread (not sure if it's still active). I bought 3 doors and upgraded the shipping (US Express iirc) for just under $16. Mine are already in Cincinnati Ohio. Since I'm in Michigan (just 1 state away) I should see them soon.

You're welcome my fellow college buddy. I just saw an article that Vegas has your team as the favorite to repeat as NC and my team is #2. I know it doesn't mean anything but it's got MSU fans throwing a conniption fit. So that's something at least :D:D:D. I'm just having some fun, don't send me hate mail :giggle:.

Let us know when yours arrive if you get a chance.

Steve you need to change your screen name to DNASteve or VT133Steve. Lmao.

That screen name goes back to my JTV days (before Vaughn if anyone remembers that). I use to mod the biggest hockey channel on JTV. I just kept it out of habit, that and I've been a Red Wings fan my whole life. I also use to have my own music channels and a few others I won't mention ;). We all had a lot of fun back then.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I prefer the feel of the rubbery doors as well. I understand your hesitation to order from China but with the coupon code posted earlier in the thread (not sure if it's still active). I bought 3 doors and upgraded the shipping (US Express iirc) for just under $16. Mine are already in Cincinnati Ohio. Since I'm in Michigan (just 1 state away) I should see them soon.

You're welcome my fellow college buddy. I just saw an article that Vegas has your team as the favorite to repeat as NC and my team is #2. I know it doesn't mean anything but it's got MSU fans throwing a conniption fit. So that's something at least :D:D:D. I'm just having some fun, don't send me hate mail :giggle:.

Let us know when yours arrive if you get a chance.

That screen name goes back to my JTV days (before Vaughn if anyone remembers that). I use to mod the biggest hockey channel on JTV. I just kept it out of habit, that and I've been a Red Wings fan my whole life. I also use to have my own music channels and a few others I won't mention ;). We all had a lot of fun back then.

Cheers,
Steve

Well, you're DNASteve to me. Lol.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just for you. Oh yeah before I forget, blue is out of stock.

http://vapenw.com/by-brand/hcigar/hcigar-vt133-battery-cover

VU Sponsors