VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered my VT133 on Friday from ecig and got it today. That's very fast shipping! So far impressed. It's my first DNA and I may be on SSI before I completely figure escribe out...LOL, but like the device. I ordered 2 battery covers (blue and red) from GB using the US Express option. They shipped them today, maybe I'll have them in a couple of weeks.
I'm trying to figure out how to upload my configuration file here for the VT133. It has 5 different TC profiles, power mode profile, Samsung 25R battery profile, and case analyzer numbers. I tried to upload it as an .ecig extension (what it should be) and it's not an allowed extension, but one that is allowed is a .txt so I changed the extension but it still isn't allowing me to upload it. I'll keep working on how to do it. It would make setup a breeze for those that aren't familiar with Escribe.

If you have any questions @rolltidevaper, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive searched and can't find an answer anywhere, maybe someone here knows. In the pre-set profiles for the VT133 in escribe it has nickel as a wire on the mod and I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove it..not a big deal but Im allergic to it so Ill never use it and now its just bugging me for some reason

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive searched and can't find an answer anywhere, maybe someone here knows. In the pre-set profiles for the VT133 in escribe it has nickel as a wire on the mod and I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove it..not a big deal but Im allergic to it so Ill never use it and now its just bugging me for some reason
The newest version of Escribe/firmware has Ni200, Ti01, and SS316 as presets. They can't be totally removed from the material tab. You can however go into Escribe and change your profiles so they aren't set up with Ni200 if having a Ni200 profile is bothering you.

This thread has tips for setting up a DNA200, you might find it helpful:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/tips-for-setting-up-a-dna200-mod-faq.205673/

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
plug It into escribe
here is a tutorial from evolve on how the software works
http://evolvapor.com/guide/story.html

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The newest version of Escribe/firmware has Ni200, Ti01, and SS316 as presets. They can't be totally removed from the material tab. You can however go into Escribe and change your profiles so they aren't set up with Ni200 if having a Ni200 profile is bothering you.

This thread has tips for setting up a DNA200, you might find it helpful:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/tips-for-setting-up-a-dna200-mod-faq.205673/

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks! I'll read through that and see if I can't figure something out, otherwise it won't be a big deal!

plug It into escribe
here is a tutorial from evolve on how the software works
http://evolvapor.com/guide/story.html

I watched that and it was helpful setting my profiles up, but didn't reference removing a wire profile

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You mean under the Materials tab in EScribe?

Yes, up top in the two boxes, one says something to the effect of profiles in describe and the other says profiles on device. When I try to remove the nickel from the device it says it can't be removed since it is currently being used in a profile. Thats where Im currently getting stumped

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Here's some custom screens I have if anyone is looking to add them to their profiles or change 1 of the Welcome screens. Just download them to your PC and upload them to the appropriate profile or welcome screen.

View attachment 51261 View attachment 51262 View attachment 51263 View attachment 51265 View attachment 51268 View attachment 51269 View attachment 51271 View attachment 51273 View attachment 51274 View attachment 51275 :D

Cheers,
Steve
LOL Steve!!! I was able to figure out how to get a nice "Roll Tide Roll!" on my Welcome Screen :)

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
HELP!!! Everything worked fine until I changed the batteries! I can't even turn it on now. I have fresh batteries and in the diagnostics on escribe they show fully charged, but I can't get the device to even turn on. If it does turn on I get a "check battery" error. Have I done something wrong or do I have a defective unit?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HELP!!! Everything worked fine until I changed the batteries! I can't even turn it on now. I have fresh batteries and in the diagnostics on escribe they show fully charged, but I can't get the device to even turn on. If it does turn on I get a "check battery" error. Have I done something wrong or do I have a defective unit?
Make sure the batteries are in the proper orientation (I'm assuming they are). Then hook it up to Escribe , go into tools at the top of escribe, then Reboot Device, finally click on Hard Reboot. I've never had that happen, but if it did, that's what I would try. Let me know if that takes care of it.

Cheers,
Steve

PS I'll look around on Evolv's forum to see if I can gather any info on this.

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Make sure the batteries are in the proper orientation (I'm assuming they are). Then hook it up to Escribe , go into tools at the top of escribe, then Reboot Device, finally click on Hard Reboot. I've never had that happen, but if it did, that's what I would try. Let me know if that takes care of it.

Cheers,
Steve

PS I'll look around on Evolv's forum to see if I can gather any info on this.
Tried that and nothing. I have restored factory settings as well. When I go to the device monitor it shows 3 batteries, 1 and 2 both show 4.17v, and 3 shows 1.26v. Maybe that's normal. It is seeing my batteries but can't get it to turn on.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried that and nothing. I have restored factory settings as well. When I go to the device monitor it shows 3 batteries, 1 and 2 both show 4.17v, and 3 shows 1.26v. Maybe that's normal. It is seeing my batteries but can't get it to turn on.
That's not right since it only has 2 batteries. Last thing I can think of to check is to go into the mod tab on Escribe and make sure it still has 2 batteries selected. Other than that, I'm at a loss. Wish I could be more help.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's not right since it only has 2 batteries. Last thing I can think of to check is to go into the mod tab on Escribe and make sure it still has 2 batteries selected. Other than that, I'm at a loss. Wish I could be more help.

Cheers,
Steve
Well I stand corrected, mine shows basically the same thing. I'm puzzled as to why it would show a voltage for cell 3 when it only has 2 cells.

upload_2016-5-17_17-43-54.png

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Cheers,
Steve
Well my friend, that appears to have fixed it. It was set for 3 batteries. Changed it to 2 and seems to have fixed it. I'm using LG HG2's and it's showing 9 whr each. Do you know if that sounds right? Was afraid to change it.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know if you go into EScribe the Mod tab - > Manufacturer Settings and if it is set on 3 cell (2 cell is correct), it probably won't turn on thinking cell 3 is bad.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think that's exactly what happed @BillW50. I didn't change anything, but somehow it got changed. Changing it back to 2 has appeared to fix the problem. Up and running @f1r3b1rd. Thank you all!
good deal dude!
I guess the customizability comes with a few potential booboo's
lol

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I stand corrected, mine shows basically the same thing. I'm puzzled as to why it would show a voltage for cell 3 when it only has 2 cells.
One of mine, cell 3 floats between 0.50v to 1.20v. My second one stays at 0.01v. My third one is in the mail and I don't know what that one does yet. Evolv says the balance connection (GND, 1, 2, 3)... pin 2 and 3 should be shorted. That will cause the DNA to read cell 3 to read 0 or nearly 0. I personally thought about correcting one of mine, but it doesn't seem to be harming anything so I just left it alone.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my friend, that appears to have fixed it. It was set for 3 batteries. Changed it to 2 and seems to have fixed it. I'm using LG HG2's and it's showing 9 whr each. Do you know if that sounds right? Was afraid to change it.
In the mod section of Escribe there is a watt hour calculator. It should be set to 7.4v for battery pack voltage. You then set the mah of your batteries (HG2's are 3000mah). When you enter that, your watt hours should come out to 22.2 watt hours. This is basically so your battery meter will be accurate. If you find you still have bars left on your meter when getting the weak battery signal, just slightly lower your watt hours (I have my cell soft cutoff set to 3.09V so I won't get the full 22.2WH). Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wingsfan0310 I don't think I said "Thank You"!, so THANK YOU!!!! I was about to get really bummed out! :)
Your Welcome my friend, always glad when it works out. You know what I think happened, is when you put the Roll Tide Roll in your welcome screen, the mod revolted. Put in the Go Blue and everything will work fine! I'm laughing so hard right now I have tears in my eyes :D:giggle::giggle:.(I'm just messing around buddy :)).
PS One last thing, make sure you have Lithium Polymer selected in the battery type in the mod tab of Escribe (not LifePO4). After making sure all your settings are correct don't forget to click the Upload Settings to Device tab at the top of Escribe so they are saved to the mod.

Cheers,
Steve

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Your Welcome my friend, always glad when it works out. You know what I think happened, is when you put the Roll Tide Roll in your welcome screen, the mod revolted. Put in the Go Blue and everything will work fine! I'm laughing so hard right now I have tears in my eyes :D:giggle::giggle:.(I'm just messing around buddy :).
PS One last thing, make sure you have Lithium Polymer selected in the battery type in the mod tab of Escribe (not LifePO4). After making sure all your settings are correct don't forget to click the Upload Settings to Device tab at the top of Escribe so they are saved to the mod.

Cheers,
Steve
That was a perfect analysis! LOL!!! Can you imagine if I put "War Eagle", it would have probably just disintegrated! :) Batteries are now set up properly!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's the man here when it comes to escribe and the DNA. Good work bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Well thank you guys, I really appreciate the kind words. Just trying to help. Were all a community here that depends on each other help is the way I look at it. Now if I keep reading this stuff my head is going to get to big to fit through my front door :D:giggle:.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well thank you guys, I really appreciate the kind words. Just trying to help. Were all a community here that depends on each other help is the way I look at it. Now if I keep reading this stuff my head is going to get to big to fit through my front door :D:giggle:.

Cheers,
Steve
it still does?

must be French Doors.
laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's some custom screens I have if anyone is looking to add them to their profiles or change 1 of the Welcome screens. Just download them to your PC and upload them to the appropriate profile or welcome screen.

View attachment 51261 View attachment 51262 View attachment 51263 View attachment 51265 View attachment 51268 View attachment 51269 View attachment 51271 View attachment 51273 View attachment 51274 View attachment 51275 :D

Cheers,
Steve
I like your graphic for NI200!!! I appreciate the humor, perhaps irony.....

CaVape80

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok so it's been a couple of days using the vt133 this thing is solid. feels better in grip than the efusion duo, the factory settings on the efusion are really good. I like the vt133 and want another one but not yet. wingsfan0310 thanks agian and f1r3b1rd thanks for the link. wanted to clarify my soft cell cutoff is 3.4v I did this thinking it would help in not over discharging my 18650?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
ok so it's been a couple of days using the vt133 this thing is solid. feels better in grip than the efusion duo, the factory settings on the efusion are really good. I like the vt133 and want another one but not yet. wingsfan0310 thanks agian and f1r3b1rd thanks for the link. wanted to clarify my soft cell cutoff is 3.4v I did this thinking it would help in not over discharging my 18650?
You should probably set it to 3.2 at the max. I believe it's set at 3.09 default, and I believe with 18650's 2.9 is recommended. I wouldn't take it that low, but 18650's will sag under load. So, if your cutoff is 3.4, you may sag to that or below while firing with, say a 3.7V charge. So you probably want to lower it at least to 3.09. Your gonna get check battery pretty quick I'd imagine with 3.4. Others will weigh in and the Evolv forums are excellent, too.

Glad you got that guy going again, @rolltidevaper I was worried it was similar to my issue, then I read you had correct voltage readings. So you're good. I know that feeling, lol. I hit the power button on my reulueax with only two cells in once, on accident, and I got the warranty service error, then press up. Scared the shit out of me, but it's fine. I think there is some fault in having no way to power down the device prior to pulling batteries. Just seems kinda wrong, but I'm sure it's fine.

Also, as for cell 3 reading voltage, I need to look for the post, but I believe it was on Evolv's forum, and posted by a moderator/employee. Basically he said that even in 2 cell configuration it will always look at all 3 cells so as to not get you in trouble if you have a 3S set to 2. I think he said they capped the voltage at 1.25 or 1.5V before it will react and go into 3S mode. I'll look the post up and see if I can find it. So for everyone with voltage in cell 3, I believe that's why.

Oh, my two VT133's happen to be at my post office right now. Mail comes kinda late here, but I should have em this afternoon. I'm booting them with batteries and vaping for a second this time before I start into escribe. I'm pretty certain I did nothing wrong, but why not power them up first?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok so it's beenga couple of days using the vt133 this thing is solid. feels better in grip than the efusion duo, the factory settings on the efusion are really good. I like the vt133 and want another one but not yet. wingsfan0310 thanks agian and f1r3b1rd thanks for the link. wanted to clarify my soft cell cutoff is 3.4v I did this thinking it would help in not over discharging my 18650?
Either way you wouldn't over discharge your batteries. Now you might get more charge cycles than me, but 3.09 is completely safe. I set mine at that and even if I wait until I get the weak battery signal, I still only put in 2800mah in HG2's (3000mah cells).

The way I look at it is I can pull them before I get the weak battery warning if I want. But if I'm out and about and get the weak battery before absolutely necessary, I'm screwed unless I have a spare set of batteries with me. That all being said set it at whatever you feel comfortable with. Nothing wrong with pulling them earlier and getting more charge cycles out of your batteries.

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
was planning to set mun to 3.2.
I don't normally go below 3.6v before recharging, but I have my 5 DNAs set to 2.8v. Why? Well I figure there will be one day in the future when I am stuck somewhere. And it would tick me off if my DNA shuts off at 3.2v when I could vape a bit more off of the batteries. My luck if that day ever comes, I'd probably would be out of juice before the batteries hit 3.2v anyway. :gaah:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't normally go below 3.6v before recharging, but I have my 5 DNAs set to 2.8v. Why? Well I figure there will be one day in the future when I am stuck somewhere. And it would tick me off if my DNA shuts off at 3.2v when I could vape a bit more off of the batteries. My luck if that day ever comes, I'd probably would be out of juice before the batteries hit 3.2v anyway. :gaah:
2.8 is really the absolute lowest you can safely take most 18650s. I fear going below 3.2 would noticeably effect the long term life of the cell. Plus, if I'm using 3k mah lg's I'm hoping fpr plenty of run time as is.

who knows, I may go in and change my mind - lol
on a mechanical I'm changing about 3.6-.3.7v

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ahhhhh. Two mods in my mailbox. Silver and black and blue and black. I threw some HG2's in both and fired em up. All good. They had the current firmware, too, so I just created a profile for them. All seems well. Escribe is reading everything appropriately, and I have cell 3 showing low voltage in device monitor, so I think it's as was said, just a monitor to keep you out of trouble.

The 510 is actually deep on these. My FDV4 low profile on my Tugboat DNA isn't deep enough to get multiple attys flush, and the Reaulaux is shallow, too. Initial impression on these is positive. I'm really digging these, I could see them as my new favorites.

Oh, I read mod resistance is .004. It's working well for me, and I used your case settings @Wingsfan0310 so thank you. What are you all setting mod resistance to?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhhhh. Two mods in my mailbox. Silver and black and blue and black. I threw some HG2's in both and fired em up. All good. They had the current firmware, too, so I just created a profile for them. All seems well. Escribe is reading everything appropriately, and I have cell 3 showing low voltage in device monitor, so I think it's as was said, just a monitor to keep you out of trouble.

The 510 is actually deep on these. My FDV4 low profile on my Tugboat DNA isn't deep enough to get multiple attys flush, and the Reaulaux is shallow, too. Initial impression on these is positive. I'm really digging these, I could see them as my new favorites.

Oh, I read mod resistance is .004. It's working well for me, and I used your case settings @Wingsfan0310 so thank you. What are you all setting mod resistance to?
Nice, TBC. Happy to hear you got then and they are working as they should. Mine had the 2-23 firmware on it as well. Just out of curiosity, when you go into Escribe, on the first page (General Tab) and click on Get Information. Were your boards programmed on or around Feb 5th? I remember when I was looking at mine that the board was programmed before the firmware was released. That leads me to believe they updated the firmware after the board was programmed (which is nice).

I have my mod resistance set to .004 ohms as well (Thanks for the confirmation on that). I also agree with you on the 510, I'm very pleased with mine too. I'm actually very happy with the whole mod in general.

PS Almost forgot to say your welcome, glad the thermal settings came in handy.

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice, TBC. Happy to hear you got then and they are working as they should. Mine had the 2-23 firmware on it as well. Just out of curiosity, when you go into Escribe, on the first page (General Tab) and click on Get Information. Were your boards programmed on or around Feb 5th? I remember when I was looking at mine that the board was programmed before the firmware was released. That leads me to believe they updated the firmware after the board was programmed (which is nice).

I have my mod resistance set to .004 ohms as well (Thanks for the confirmation on that). I also agree with you on the 510, I'm very pleased with mine too. I'm actually very happy with the whole mod in general.

PS Almost forgot to say your welcome, glad the thermal settings came in handy.

Cheers,
Steve
I will have to connect to escribe later to check, but both were programmed in February. The blue battery door one was near the end of the month I believe, and the sliver door one was earlier, possibly the 5th. It came with the firmware, and they were set to 2 cell, so maybe ecig did it? Kinda doubt it, but it's possible. I did have that thought as well about firmware and program date.

And these things rock. I'm very happy thus far. They look nice, feel nice, and they actually have a deep 510. I know I already said that, lol. It's been annoying me lately that I have all these attys that won't sit flush. My Vectors all do, but my Thump, REMAtty, and low pro won't get close. I had to file multiple mm's off of the pretty 18K gold on my Aeolus long ago just to use it. It's pin was so long it wouldn't even catch a thread on the Reaulaux. On the VT133, flush without over tightening at all. And my watt hours with two HG2's is almost as much as with 3 VTC4's in my Reaulaux. 133 watts is fine with me. I'm pleased.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My HCigar VT133 mods actually vapes more juice (15ml+) than my Reuleaux RX200 mods (13ml) using Samsung 25r.
Interesting. I love all the hate on China, yet the HCigar DNA has turned out to be great so far. Evil evil China... Anyway. Could be the chip, also, I think this mod has an incredibly stable 510, thus far. We who use TC know how important that and all connections are. They really knocked it out of the park with this 510. I'm kinda shocked. Only issue I've had is one I had on my reulueax as well. I swapped batteries, and the meter stays at the prior percentage. Everything was fine in escribe, so I did what I had to with my Reaulaux. I made sure I had a full charge then in device manager put in my watt hours manually for a full charge. It only did it once on the reulueax, I'm interested if it will do the same on my other. Not an issue really. I think removable battery DNA mods may behave slightly different and my guess is the inability to power down fully.

This guy is handling a dual ss316l, 22 gauge, 3mm id., build at .12 with ease. And that's pretty low for 316l by my understanding. I was shooting for higher. But hey. It works great. My other DNA 200's don't really like 316l that much. I don't get kicked from TC, the Vape just sucks. The VT133 is a champ.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Interesting. I love all the hate on China, yet the HCigar DNA has turned out to be great so far. Evil evil China... Anyway. Could be the chip, also, I think this mod has an incredibly stable 510, thus far. We who use TC know how important that and all connections are. They really knocked it out of the park with this 510. I'm kinda shocked. Only issue I've had is one I had on my reulueax as well. I swapped batteries, and the meter stays at the prior percentage. Everything was fine in escribe, so I did what I had to with my Reaulaux. I made sure I had a full charge then in device manager put in my watt hours manually for a full charge. It only did it once on the reulueax, I'm interested if it will do the same on my other. Not an issue really. I think removable battery DNA mods may behave slightly different and my guess is the inability to power down fully.

This guy is handling a dual ss316l, 22 gauge, 3mm id., build at .12 with ease. And that's pretty low for 316l by my understanding. I was shooting for higher. But hey. It works great. My other DNA 200's don't really like 316l that much. I don't get kicked from TC, the Vape just sucks. The VT133 is a champ.
One of the best DNA mods I ever purchased. Seriously considering picking up another at that price. Great compromise between a Reuleaux and a lipo mod. Loving it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just swapped a fresh set into the blue one, and it went to 99%, wouldn't quite hit 100. Did the same thing in device monitor, all is well. It's just battery meter accuracy, but I have a need to see that 100% lol.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just swapped a fresh set into the blue one, and it went to 99%, wouldn't quite hit 100. Did the same thing in device monitor, all is well. It's just battery meter accuracy, but I have a need to see that 100% lol.
Lower the watt hours a bit in EScribe and it should hit 100% easier. It will also hit empty easier as well. If that doesn't work, just let us know.

VU Sponsors