Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe the new ones paint will be better. I remember people complaining about the paint on the previous Vapor Shark (DNA40 iirc) but they seem to be happy with the paint on the DNA200 Vapor Shark.

Cheers,
Steve
We can only hope. Now I just need an SX Flask and a DNA 133 Flask and my Flask collection will be complete. Let's hope the pricing is better than the SX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally bought a VT133. Ecig.com was blowing them out for $88 and with a one time use coupon I had, I ended up getting it for $75 (I couldn't pass it up at that price) :D. I just received it today and so far I really like it. It's definitely more comfortable in hand than my DX200 when using the 2 x 18650 battery module. I really think this one is a winner. Of course it works like any other DNA200 with the only difference being it uses 2 x 18650's and it's capped at 133 watts. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

PS With all the craziness going on, I could kick myself for not getting 2

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I finally bought a VT133. Ecig.com was blowing them out for $88 and with a one time use coupon I had, I ended up getting it for $75 (I couldn't pass it up at that price) :D. I just received it today and so far I really like it. It's definitely more comfortable in hand than my DX200 when using the 2 x 18650 battery module. I really think this one is a winner. Of course it works like any other DNA200 with the only difference being it uses 2 x 18650's and it's capped at 133 watts. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

PS With all the craziness going on, I could kick myself for not getting 2

Cheers,
Steve
Just did the same exact thing. I was trying to decide between the VT133 and the Ipv5. Some guy from ecig.com messaged me while I was looking and offered me a coupon code. Got the Vt133 for under $80 and Ipv for under $40 so I decided to take both. They came in the mail today and I really like them both. Oh yeah and they threw in an egrip 30w for free which I gave to my mom.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Man, I'm happy you all got em'. Mine came yesterday, black with silver door and nice. Well, don't know what is wrong, but it went back. I spent last night and this morning foing everything possible and the best I can get is it firing sometimes, but not recognize the cells properly.

I plugged into escribe first thing to make sure I was in 2 cell mode, and put in a correct battery wh. I disconnected and put in batteries, it would only stay on holding power. I figured out I can usually pull em and press fire, then it may work. Usually it will just power on and have an empty battery bar and say check battery or battery imbalance. I'm guessing the board is ok, it always turns on with USB, charging is showing adequate voltage, but since it doesn't recognize the batteries correct if at all, it never actually charges. And it won't charge through the port. The port seems to always kill it if it's slightly working, one I disconnect. Almost like it loses the batteries. Not the planned action, but it needs to work.

I've now ref lashed older firmware, and escribe. No good. Upgraded to the 2/23? I believe which is on my others, still not working. Hard reset, soft reset, literally all I could do. Still, it doesn't recognize properly if at all the batteries. I've used multiple pairs of HE2's and HG2's all metered prior to installing, and upon removal. It's not the cells. The few times I got it mostly running, and hopeful. If you plug in USB, computer or charger, right when you remove the cable it dies, and won't turn on without holding power. So yeah, lol. I've spent way too much time trying to fix it, I think it's a connection between the batteries and the balance board that may be bad. The chip is fine, seemingly, it's something with the battery connection somewhere along the line. And device monitor shows either random different and wrong voltages, unbalanced though the batteries are balanced. So it's already on its way back.

They've been nice, I immediately got an RMA and instructions last night. Once they get it and check it, they'll send another. Said they'd pay $5 for my shipping cost, too. I just want a working one. The black with silver door is awesome, looks great, it fits the hand well, and it has a deep 510. All my attys I tried were flush, not on my other DNA's. They have shallower 510's. I know the board when working so I can say it's a nice mod. Just must get functioning one. I spent so much time trying everything. Bummer but it will work out.

Anyone upgraded to the newest approved firmware?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off, I'm sorry to hear that. It definitely sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere between the batteries and the board. I'm running 2016-02-23 and it's working great. I don't think it's the firmware version that's giving you problems. The one slightly odd thing is my board was programmed on Feb, 06, 2016 and I didn't update the firmware. Somehow it has a later firmware version then when the board was programmed. I'm assuming the boards were programmed first and the firmware was then updated by Hcigar at a later date before being shipped. Ecig will take care of you, they really have good customer service.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Figured I should add a few details. I also have the black frame with silver battery door (I like that combination). I'm using LG HG2's and have an Aromamizer Supreme on top of it. From re-reading your post, it sounds like you tried different attys on it. The only other thing that I can think of is the battery orientation is different than the other dual 18650 series mods I have. With my other series mods the first battery goes in + up and opposite for the second. The VT133 is - up on the first battery and + up on the second. I'm not saying that has anything to do with your problems because I'm sure you put them in correctly. Even if that wasn't the case, it's supposed to have a daughter board that offers reverse battery protection. Just sounds like you have a bad connection. What a Bummer :(

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It was put in the mail, tracking is already working, and should reach ecig on Thursday. They're gonna replace it, unless they test it and it magically works. Lol. I just hope they have stock. But they're taking care of me.

And yeah, my board was programmed around then, too. I don't think I had the 2/23 firmware initially, though. It has to be a connection issue somewhere between the battery sled and the board. All I can think. It's weird, though. And, yes I put my batteries in correctly, ;) I actually had that thought initially, too, lol. No worries there. And most of my mods are the same battery orientation you mention, except my hexohm. It's oriented like the VT133. All about the orientation of the chip, I think.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It was put in the mail, tracking is already working, and should reach ecig on Thursday. They're gonna replace it, unless they test it and it magically works. Lol. I just hope they have stock. But they're taking care of me.

And yeah, my board was programmed around then, too. I don't think I had the 2/23 firmware initially, though. It has to be a connection issue somewhere between the battery sled and the board. All I can think. It's weird, though. And, yes I put my batteries in correctly, ;) I actually had that thought initially, too, lol. No worries there. And most of my mods are the same battery orientation you mention, except my hexohm. It's oriented like the VT133. All about the orientation of the chip, I think.
Have no worries, Josh will do the right thing. He always has done right by me.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Have no worries, Josh will do the right thing. He always has done right by me.

Yeah, I'm not concerned. They've always gone above and beyond for me, so really it's just an inconvenience and a longer wait. Oh well, I'm not exactly in need of it, especially for the price, I'll wait.

How're you all liking the VT133? I was really surprised with how nice it was put together, and the black with silver is nice. I'm guessing it vapes like a DNA 200, lol. I know it let all my attys sit flush which is uncommon, and appreciated.

Also, mine wasn't sealed in shrink wrap. We're your boxes wrapped, or just the box? Hope everyone else is enjoying it. I should have a new one fairly soon if they have stock. That's my only concern.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I'm not concerned. They've always gone above and beyond for me, so really it's just an inconvenience and a longer wait. Oh well, I'm not exactly in need of it, especially for the price, I'll wait.

How're you all liking the VT133? I was really surprised with how nice it was put together, and the black with silver is nice. I'm guessing it vapes like a DNA 200, lol. I know it let all my attys sit flush which is uncommon, and appreciated.

Also, mine wasn't sealed in shrink wrap. We're your boxes wrapped, or just the box? Hope everyone else is enjoying it. I should have a new one fairly soon if they have stock. That's my only concern.
I'm like mine quite a bit. Since getting it I've used it exclusively to put it through it's paces, plus it works great, and feels great in hand. One other thing I'll add is I'm still on my first set of batteries (LG HG2's). I'm going to have to change them any minute now though (I've been using it since Monday evening). That's longer than most dual battery mods would last, so that's a plus as well.
My attys screw down flush as well and even my 25mm don't really overhang.

As to be sealed in shrink wrap, I can answer for Deucesjack and myself (we talked about it). Neither one of ours was shrink wrapped. Don't be concerned because my two Hcigar VT200's didn't come shrink wrapped either (They each came from separate vendors, neither of which was Ecig.com). I'm assuming that's just the way Hcigar packages their mods.

Cheers,
Steve

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my VT133 !! It is my go to vape and it gets a lot of use. It feels better in my hand than any of my other mods and I really like having the ability to change batteries on the fly. I just bought a VT40 and I already own the VT200 so I am trying to complete my set. I guess I will just have to wait until the VT75 gets available in stores.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my VT133 !! It is my go to vape and it gets a lot of use. It feels better in my hand than any of my other mods and I really like having the ability to change batteries on the fly. I just bought a VT40 and I already own the VT200 so I am trying to complete my set. I guess I will just have to wait until the VT75 gets available in stores.
I already have a VT75 on preorder from VapeNW:D. They were (probably still are) offering a 20% off preorder coupon code that bought the price down to $79.99 shipped. I couldn't resist. I don't have the VT40 though so my set will still be incomplete :giggle:.

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sounds to be good. It looked and felt great, just couldn't really use it, lol. I'm glad it's performing. I really like the 510 upon the small amount of time I spent on it. It's deep, and appears to be bolted to the box, not press fit. I was leery of HCigar because of a crappy black copper stingray clone I had ages ago by them. I know that means nothing, some were good at one clone and not others. I remember reading to find out who made the best cloned tubes. We've come a long way. And regarding the shrink wrap I asked ecig and they said it was normal. I trust them, just figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Not all of my boxes have come wrapped, it just depends. Mine left Denver yesterday early evening, so it should get to OKC today, and delivered tomorrow. I'm thinking Monday is the soonest I'll get another, that's fine. I'm glad it's a good mod, and it looks and feels solid.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm like mine quite a bit. Since getting it I've used it exclusively to put it through it's paces, plus it works great, and feels great in hand. One other thing I'll add is I'm still on my first set of batteries (LG HG2's). I'm going to have to change them any minute now though (I've been using it since Monday evening). That's longer than most dual battery mods would last, so that's a plus as well.
My attys screw down flush as well and even my 25mm don't really overhang.

As to be sealed in shrink wrap, I can answer for Deucesjack and myself (we talked about it). Neither one of ours was shrink wrapped. Don't be concerned because my two Hcigar VT200's didn't come shrink wrapped either (They each came from separate vendors, neither of which was Ecig.com). I'm assuming that's just the way Hcigar packages their mods.

Cheers,
Steve
Lol, yep we had the same exact conversation. Yeah she vapes just like a DNA 200. Slick dual 18650 mod. Love the battery door. I have the silver and black as well. Easy set up if you already use escribe. I just took my Reuleaux profile and put it on this mod. I ordered the VT133 and the Ipv5 from them. I'm not gonna lie I love them both but man I haven't been able to put down my ipv5. That mod is a straight up beast.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a heads up to anyone that missed out on getting a VT133 at a great price. Ecig.com restocked at the same price. I couldn't resist ordering another one (this time all Black). They pretty much always have a 5% off coupon code (iirc it's: ILOVEYOU).
http://www.ecig.com/hcigar-vt133-200w-dna-box-mod.html

Here's a couple of quick pictures I took of the VT133 and VT200 side by side for someone who was asking about the differences (not the greatest, but will due for a size comparison).

IMG_20160513_193701_zpspnkwqvwv.jpg

Flash played havoc with the top of the Aromamizer Supreme (same atty on both, just different finish)
IMG_20160513_193856_zpslce7bcmq.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

CaVape80

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
need some input on the vt 133 thermal settings on escribe. Are the factory thermal settings correct as in leave well enough alone or was there better setting I should know about. Anything would be helpful. Is my first time posting here and vaping underground is a 100× better than ecf i've learned alot here over the past 4 months.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
need some input on the vt 133 thermal settings on escribe. Are the factory thermal settings correct as in leave well enough alone or was there better setting I should know about. Anything would be helpful. Is my first time posting here and vaping underground is a 100× better than ecf i've learned alot here over the past 4 months.

First off, Welcome to VU @CaVape80 There are some very helpful people here.

Those are just the factory default settings for the DNA200 chip (Hcigar didn't run it and fill them in :(). Running your case analyzer is easy but takes a few hours. You don't need anything special like resistors to run it. The only thing you need to do is wait until your batteries are between 1/4-1/2 charged, then hook the mod to Escribe and click on the Case Analyzer (you can't use the mod while the test is running). After the test is finished, click on accept and the settings will be automatically filled in.
*Don't forget to click the tab at the top of Escribe "Upload Settings to Device" after making changes or they wont be saved*

That all being said, you are in luck. I just happened to have run mine yesterday and will be happy to share them. Here's a screen shot I took of mine.

upload_2016-5-14_6-5-46.png

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

romenov

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
looking good, but I prefer the VT75 :)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was just going to ask if these are worth getting a second, since I saw they restocked. I'm still waiting on my RMA for my first one. I've communicated with them the past two day and confirmed they got it Thursday but i guess they haven't gotten on it.

I may order a black and blue. @Wingsfan0310 , I know you're a DNA 200 fan like me, sounds like it's a good enough device to get two. I'm interested in your opinion, though you've made it clear since you bought a second, lol. I may end up ordering a second one before my RMA is done. I'm leaning towards this, because vapepocalypse... Yeah, that's why I hoard mods. Lol.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looking good, but I prefer the VT75 :)
I originally had a VT75 on pre-order but the more I thought about, the more I liked the VT133 in comparison. Just seems like you get more bang for your buck with the VT133 vs VT75. I don't think the VT75 is going to be a bad mod, but I believe it's going to be thicker, not really much if any smaller. Since I'm going to be using 18650's anyway, I'll have more power available if needed and twice the battery life. I just really couldn't think of a reason not to cancel the VT75 and get another VT133. With the coupon I had I paid less than $80 a piece for them (less than the VT75 as well). Think about it, the DNA200 chip goes for $80 by itself. I think the DNA75 chip is ~$50. Just seemed like a no brainer to me.

Cheers,
Steve

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I originally had a VT75 on pre-order but the more I thought about, the more I liked the VT133 in comparison. Just seems like you get more bang for your buck with the VT133 vs VT75. I don't think the VT75 is going to be a bad mod, but I believe it's going to be thicker, not really much if any smaller. Since I'm going to be using 18650's anyway, I'll have more power available if needed and twice the battery life. I just really couldn't think of a reason not to cancel the VT75 and get another VT133. With the coupon I had I paid less than $80 a piece for them (less than the VT75 as well). Think about it, the DNA200 chip goes for $80 by itself. I think the DNA75 chip is ~$50. Just seemed like a no brainer to me.

Cheers,
Steve
Mine will be here today. Paid less than $80 for mine. Can't beat that.!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just going to ask if these are worth getting a second, since I saw they restocked. I'm still waiting on my RMA for my first one. I've communicated with them the past two day and confirmed they got it Thursday but i guess they haven't gotten on it.

I may order a black and blue. @Wingsfan0310 , I know you're a DNA 200 fan like me, sounds like it's a good enough device to get two. I'm interested in your opinion, though you've made it clear since you bought a second, lol. I may end up ordering a second one before my RMA is done. I'm leaning towards this, because vapepocalypse... Yeah, that's why I hoard mods. Lol.

Yeah me too, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D:giggle:. By the way TBC, a friend clued me into different color battery covers Gearbest sells for the VT133 (original Hcigar covers). I ordered a few last night. I found a 12% off coupon I could use (my google fu was strong last night lol). With a .55 cent up-charge in shipping (supposedly 7-15 days transit time - It's a shipping method I never tried before) they came out to about $5 a piece. I'm being totally honest here, since I received the VT133, it's all I've been using. Not sure if it's just because it's my new mod, but I really do like it!

PS Here's the link if you are interested. FT also sells them but at a slightly higher cost.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Awesome.!! That's what I want to hear.. The only complaint I have with the VT200 is it seams to be connected to the wall, as often as its in my hands.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Exactly right! Battery life sucks which is why I bought the Reuleaux but the form factor on the Reuleaux makes it tough to carry. The Vt133 is a nice compromise between the 2 plus you can just swap out the 18650's.

Last edited:

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yeah me too, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D:giggle:. By the way TBC, a friend clued me into different color battery covers Gearbest sells for the VT133 (original Hcigar covers). I ordered a few last night. I found a 12% off coupon I could use (my google fu was strong last night lol). With a .55 cent up-charge in shipping (supposedly 7-15 days transit time - It's a shipping method I never tried before) they came out to about $5 a piece. I'm being totally honest here, since I received the VT133, it's all I've been using. Not sure if it's just because it's my new mod, but I really do like it!

PS Here's the link if you are interested. FT also sells them but at a slightly higher cost.

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks for the info. Can you share the coupon code?

CaVape80

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wingsfan0310 thanks for the numbers I just got my vt133 2 days ago but I like it already. I really like my efusion duo but i can't afford another one for a bit.The dna 200 chipset is my all time fav. The vt75 though smaller and more compact didn't appeal to me the battey life would not be what i'm looking for . It still looks cool and if I turned out being wrong about the battey life i'd probably buy one.

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The one i used for GB is: SunnyGift12
I found it here last night, I hope it's still active.

Cheers,
Steve
My VT is coming Monday. Bit on vaporjoes deal at ecig. And, I have some colorful battery covers whenever they get here. I tried the upgraded shipping, let's see if it's any better ;)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That VT75 is useless to me. I normally vape in tc around 85+w.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah... So I ordered a black and blue. Under $80 shipped, can't say no. Gonna have a good DNA collection now, lol. And thanks for cluing me in on the covers. I think somewhere in the us has them, but they're pricier. I'm gonna have silver and blue, so I'm good for now. Hope they both work this time, lol.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My VT is coming Monday. Bit on vaporjoes deal at ecig. And, I have some colorful battery covers whenever they get here. I tried the upgraded shipping, let's see if it's any better ;)
If you mean US Express, I tried it for the first time on my order as well. I figured it was only an extra $0.55 and it said 7-15 days transit. I'm not sure if it will really be that quick, but I ordered last night and already got my shipping notice.:). I can't complain so far. It might be just dumb luck but GB seems to have gotten better recently (at least on my last couple of orders).

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe the new ones paint will be better. I remember people complaining about the paint on the previous Vapor Shark (DNA40 iirc) but they seem to be happy with the paint on the DNA200 Vapor Shark.

Cheers,
Steve
they FINALLY got the paint straight, and are swapping out cases if need be. I had my case swapped about 2 months ago and don't even have atty rash on it

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I can't believe these things are still in stock. Gear best sells them for 140-150 I believe. I know you can find one for closer to 120-130 in the states, but this is wholesale pricing almost, I'm guessing. At this price, you're really not too far from most quality mods with similar capabilities. Get two rx200's or one of these... I know what I'd do. Anyway. Glad you jumped on @f1r3b1rd I had been waiting on the DNA 75 to shake out, too, but this price made up my mind. And I already have plenty of 18650's, so this makes more sense. Also, I did have the thought of wether the 75 will be fully released before the regulations. Since escribe will be a tobacco product and all that other completely logical shit.

For my RMA, they contacted me yesterday and said it should be looked at and figured out today. They said to contact them, so I will this afternoon. Not the most expedient of an exchange, but they've been communicative and helpful. That's all I can ask. They're likely pretty busy with the prices they have, so patience is cool with me. It shouldn't take long to figure out that my RMA is defective. If they even can get it to power up, once they plug in USB to charge or to the computer, the batteries will magically disappear, and or become imbalanced. Should be quick. I wasted a shit ton of time trying to get it to work. Quite a few hours, I was persistent. I don't like sending things back.

I think I may have hooked it up to escribe without batteries to set it to 2 cell, and proper watt hours, before booting it up with batteries. I was worried about booting it prior to setting it to 2 cell. It shouldn't matter, but I'm thinking I put batteries in and boot them up this time before doing escribe and the firmware updates. Again, it shouldn't matter, but who knows. I'm guessing a bad solder joint on the balance tap is my issue, since the culprit is improper voltage readings, or none at all. Still, I think I'm gonna power up first this time. I'm hoping I get at least one of them by Wednesday.

I still can't believe they have all colors still in stock. I paid more for my original iPV3, though it was hot shit at the time. $80 bucks for a DNA 200/133 is just a steal. Done rambling.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't believe these things are still in stock. Gear best sells them for 140-150 I believe. I know you can find one for closer to 120-130 in the states, but this is wholesale pricing almost, I'm guessing. At this price, you're really not too far from most quality mods with similar capabilities. Get two rx200's or one of these... I know what I'd do. Anyway. Glad you jumped on @f1r3b1rd I had been waiting on the DNA 75 to shake out, too, but this price made up my mind. And I already have plenty of 18650's, so this makes more sense. Also, I did have the thought of wether the 75 will be fully released before the regulations. Since escribe will be a tobacco product and all that other completely logical shit.

For my RMA, they contacted me yesterday and said it should be looked at and figured out today. They said to contact them, so I will this afternoon. Not the most expedient of an exchange, but they've been communicative and helpful. That's all I can ask. They're likely pretty busy with the prices they have, so patience is cool with me. It shouldn't take long to figure out that my RMA is defective. If they even can get it to power up, once they plug in USB to charge or to the computer, the batteries will magically disappear, and or become imbalanced. Should be quick. I wasted a shit ton of time trying to get it to work. Quite a few hours, I was persistent. I don't like sending things back.

I think I may have hooked it up to escribe without batteries to set it to 2 cell, and proper watt hours, before booting it up with batteries. I was worried about booting it prior to setting it to 2 cell. It shouldn't matter, but I'm thinking I put batteries in and boot them up this time before doing escribe and the firmware updates. Again, it shouldn't matter, but who knows. I'm guessing a bad solder joint on the balance tap is my issue, since the culprit is improper voltage readings, or none at all. Still, I think I'm gonna power up first this time. I'm hoping I get at least one of them by Wednesday.

I still can't believe they have all colors still in stock. I paid more for my original iPV3, though it was hot shit at the time. $80 bucks for a DNA 200/133 is just a steal. Done rambling.
I saw the dna 75 popping up around 80 bucks and figured I would be better served going this route. plus, I'm not a huge fan of 266650s anyway. i'll probably wait for a smaller dorm factor if I'm going to to do a 75.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's funny, when I ordered the first one I thought the same thing about the price, this is insane. I also thought, heck I paid more for my IPV3 Li. I was honestly thinking about getting a few DNA200 boards because of the deeming regs for spares. Then it occurred to me that the boards alone would be a hair more than just buying a couple of these VT133's for backups :eek:

I hope they get you sorted out today TBC, heck for that matter I had hoped another one was already on the way.

I really think mine was already set up for 2 cells out of the box. I believe even if it wasn't set up for 2 cells all that would happen is you would get a warning such as check or weak batteries because the input voltage would be under 9.0v (minimum for 3 cells). I just don't see how anything you could have did has anything to do with yours not behaving correctly. I think you nailed it with the balanced connection tap issue. That's what I've been thinking all along, that it's just a bad connection somewhere. Good Luck Buddy!

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw the dna 75 popping up around 80 bucks and figured I would be better served going this route. plus, I'm not a huge fan of 266650s anyway. i'll probably wait for a smaller dorm factor if I'm going to to do a 75.
I agree completely. I don't even own a 26650. Just recently bought eight brand new LG HG2's and eight Samsung 25R's to go along with a bunch of 25R's I already had. I thought the same thing that if I get a 75, I'd like it to be smaller since I'd be using a single 18650 in it anyway. No matter which way I looked at it, getting the VT133 instead of the VT75 for approximately the same price was an easy decision (at least for me).

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Fully agreed on all points. I've found dna 200 boards for about $70, but that's a task I'm not even close to being able to assemble. Way too much soldering etc... for a guy who has never soldered a thing. I'm still gearing myself up to make either an unregulated parallel with a mosfet, or ideally an OKL 20 amp. These two mods set that back. But, as has been said, we paid about the price of a board, plus $10 for the whole thing.

I do wish I at least had one on the way, but I'm sure my second one will ship today, unless there's some issue, which I doubt. I'm hoping I get two sent out today, but I'm being patient. As much as I can be. Ecig.com are good people, so I'm good. I just care most about communication and as long as all goes well, I'm fine. They've been great about communicating with me. So, it's all good. I will be intently waiting on that shipping notification email, though. OKC to Denver isn't bad if USPS doesn't fuck up.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Also, I was just thinking. Evolv won't be able to update firmware or software after August 8th, correct? At least as it stands now, escribe will be a tobacco product. Even more reason to stick with the DNA 200 over the 75. The kinks have mostly been worked out on the 200, so if they're unable to support further, even if just for a while, we have a chip we know is solid and refined. I'm feeling the need to stock up on some batteries, too.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
batteries aren't going anywhere. unless to many people freak out and cause a run. But, the batteries we use are not vapor products by design.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, I was just thinking. Evolv won't be able to update firmware or software after August 8th, correct? At least as it stands now, escribe will be a tobacco product. Even more reason to stick with the DNA 200 over the 75. The kinks have mostly been worked out on the 200, so if they're unable to support further, even if just for a while, we have a chip we know is solid and refined. I'm feeling the need to stock up on some batteries, too.
The way the regs are written, it would seem to be the case about new updates to the firmware. How a computer program can be considered a tobacco product is beyond me :mad:. No new products can be released after 8-8-16 without approval is the way I understand it.

As for batteries, I can't see how the FDA can stop LG, Samsung, Sony, etc from selling them. They have way too many other uses. Now stopping something like a Vapepower (just an example) or something specific to vaping may be a different story (just the way I see it). I bought mine because I saw a flash sale that was just too good to pass up (8 x HG'2 for $35 and 8 x 25R's for $29 and change). I bought them before the regs were announced.

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The way the regs are written, it would seem to be the case about new updates to the firmware. How a computer program can be considered a tobacco product is beyond me :mad:. No new products can be released after 8-8-16 without approval is the way I understand it.

As for batteries, I can't see how the FDA can stop LG, Samsung, Sony, etc from selling them. They have way too many other uses. Now stopping something like a Vapepower (just an example) or something specific to vaping may be a different story (just the way I see it). I bought mine because I saw a flash sale that was just too good to pass up (8 x HG'2 for $35 and 8 x 25R's for $29 and change). I bought them before the regs were announced.

Cheers,
Steve
That's a great deal. I'm thinking of buying semi bulk from my vendor. I know they will be difficult to make them go off market, and they probably will be safe from the regulations, flashlights etc... They have many uses and vaping isn't eaten an intended one. I just could see them getting pricey. I remember when VTC5's disappeared they were going for ridiculous prices. I'm not terribly worried, but I probably need some fresh sets anyway. All my batteries are still healthy, some are getting close to two years old. They're all fine, though. I attribute that to my obsessive need to pull and charge batteries at about 3.7 volts.

I can't wait to get my VT133's so I can plug them into my tobacco computer and set them up using my tobacco program. Then I'll flash the tobacco devices with the current tobacco product firmware so I can enjoy my new tobacco products in all of their tobacco goodnes. SMH...

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Double posting away! Lol. So I didn't need to contact them. I got an email around 10:30 MDT, short and simple, confirming its defective and offering a refund or another. So, they're sending me another. I have tracking for my black and blue this morning, and I'm guessing I'll get tracking for my replacement black and silver soon, since I got myself order confirmation. I hope they both ship today, I'll laugh when I open my mailbox to two mods. Laugh in a wonderful way. Ecig is awesome as usual.

Regarding the tobacco product bullshit. CASAA has a number to call for questions about the regulations to the FDA. I'm debating having some fun with it. I also wanna know how fucking nuts they are. I'm thinking asking wether cotton balls are tobacco products if purchased for wick? But are they ok to purchase for other uses? I also wanna see what they'll say about a micro USB cable included with the device... Is that a tobacco product? Are all micro USB cables now tobacco products? And wall warts that are 5V 1amp... I have to charge my phone with a tobacco product! Lol. Half rant, half real debate about calling them. Asshats.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Double posting away! Lol. So I didn't need to contact them. I got an email around 10:30 MDT, short and simple, confirming its defective and offering a refund or another. So, they're sending me another. I have tracking for my black and blue this morning, and I'm guessing I'll get tracking for my replacement black and silver soon, since I got myself order confirmation. I hope they both ship today, I'll laugh when I open my mailbox to two mods. Laugh in a wonderful way. Ecig is awesome as usual.

Regarding the tobacco product bullshit. CASAA has a number to call for questions about the regulations to the FDA. I'm debating having some fun with it. I also wanna know how fucking nuts they are. I'm thinking asking wether cotton balls are tobacco products if purchased for wick? But are they ok to purchase for other uses? I also wanna see what they'll say about a micro USB cable included with the device... Is that a tobacco product? Are all micro USB cables now tobacco products? And wall warts that are 5V 1amp... I have to charge my phone with a tobacco product! Lol. Half rant, half real debate about calling them. Asshats.
:vapemail::vapemail::vapemail::bliss::bliss:

I knew they would take care of you. Congrats my friend. Let us know how you like them when they show up.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have my first 26650 mod on pre order. The Hohm Slice baby. Just spoke to Hohm Tech and they said it will be out by the end of the month. The latest would be the first 2 weeks in June.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ordered my VT133 on Friday from ecig and got it today. That's very fast shipping! So far impressed. It's my first DNA and I may be on SSI before I completely figure escribe out...LOL, but like the device. I ordered 2 battery covers (blue and red) from GB using the US Express option. They shipped them today, maybe I'll have them in a couple of weeks.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ordered my VT133 on Friday from ecig and got it today. That's very fast shipping! So far impressed. It's my first DNA and I may be on SSI before I completely figure escribe out...LOL, but like the device. I ordered 2 battery covers (blue and red) from GB using the US Express option. They shipped them today, maybe I'll have them in a couple of weeks.
escribe is remarkably easy once you get a handle on it.
I'm sure any of us would be more than happy to help out
here is a thread on the info
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/tips-for-setting-up-a-dna200-mod-faq.205673/
also evolve has an awesome tutorial
http://evolvapor.com/guide/story.html

VU Sponsors