Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

delabs

Member For 4 Years
Cool thanks. I'll look through and see what they got. The containers to stabilize the nic in the freezer so they don't fall

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cool thanks. I'll look through and see what they got. The containers to stabilize the nic in the freezer so they don't fall

OH! No, this was just the cardboard box they were shipped in. They had the little cardboard dividers in them to protect them in shipping. Just the box they came in.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So after 6-7 weeks the 20ml of 1% cam blend is finally vapeable! The sandalwood has all but disappeared and it's got this nice woody characteristic. I'll definitely be using this in VERY SMALL percentages as a mixer.

-Kingboomer

Yea...
I use it cut 1/9 w/pg, and even diluted like that its still strong !
Does work with vanilla, and Black n Mild cigar flavors to give them a little something different.
Was really surprised how well it worked with the Blk n Mild ... again, very small amounts or it ends up like Head Shop Incense !
:eek:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PG and VG contract as they cool, opposite of water. So fill 'em full before you freeze them.
The only problem you can encounter (learn from my mess): If you fill your bottles, then freeze them, they'll shrink as expected. THEN when you bring them out to warm, the liquid volume expands. (Do you see what's coming here?) If the liquid is below room temp when you fill the bottles, then when you eventually warm it up beyond the original temp, it can overflow.

Thanks HIC ! def good info .. so would have caught me on the thaw with that.. :p

scrubzz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use a chest freezer to store my nic and it also has food stored - I do the same as others, amber glass bottles all the way full and double ziplock each bottle - I put those bottles in soft sided insulated lunch boxes and then place those in the freezer

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to add that this last NIC dilution process was so much easier than the first time. I used my scale this time instead of a 20mL syringe and measuring into small bottles. Felt so much more comfortable working with 100mg Nic. I had recently bought 30 30mL bottles I was planning to use but decided to keep them for my finished mixes instead since I'd freed up some larger ones. I had about 28 mL of Nic left over that I used to make 700 mL of 4mg 20/80 that I'll use for testers.

delabs

Member For 4 Years
God I've got to keep away from this iPad. Can't help myself. Is it worth breaking down your nic before freezing or freezing it as is as soon as you get it?

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My nic is PG based. I fill my bottles full, and store them the same way HIC does, except I bubble wrap prior to ziploc. My freezer is pretty small and also stores food.
I think dark glass with a good, sturdy airtight cap (like the ones they use for wine bottles) does the job too. 4 or 8 ounce boston rounds or old wine bottles take those caps. And I just shake it like crazy, then shake it like crazy again before use. I do what HIC does. Just dilute what I need for awhile, then store the rest of the nic undiluted.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure I heard @wllmc say MamaJ's is supposed to be getting some in soon but I have no clue about BCV; I assume they probably re-order on a regular basis though.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, that's a strong flavor that really can cut though others, even just that half-a-percent.
The apple flavor in FA Apple Pie is FA Apple (they're yellow delicious type apples), so you could add some of that for fruitier flavor. Fuji could work, too for brighter flavor (like White Peach is brighter than Peach, Fuji is brighter than Apple) - I think that 0.1% is too light-handed. 0.25%? 0.5%? the bit of Pear you added should work as a sweetener. If you want some caramel, just add some caramel.

Thanks for considering this with me. It's not that I don't enjoy the flavors at every stage. I felt like something happened to the caramel and the apple flavors with the combination in RP's CA - something about the combination was like a magic trick: the end result tasted more apple-bright and caramelly than it had any right to. For all you you old-hand DIY'ers, this--let's say, "flavor boosting" effect--may not be that big of a deal, but it is a very exciting discovery for me. This experiment was less about getting a good tasting juice (I had that at first try thanks to your county fair recipe) than me trying to get my mind around whatever is going on in the RP caramel apple so that I can use it, maybe discover some principles to use. I haven't tasted it today, but plan to start by adding Fuji, as you suggested. I'll use tiny increments and taste it after each one, like a good, patient scientist. :)

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've just gone over 500, Never wanted that silver badge, It's a message to not worry about a vape budget :)

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an odd ball question regarding flavor in different devices and am asking it in this thread because I know there are a ton of experienced vape folks here.

I made a juice I call Cinnamon Vanilla Cake and I tried it first in a Kayfun at 1.5 ohms and 10 to 12 watts. It tastes great, a sweet cinnamon. I liked it so much I decided to dedicate a Goblin to this juice. I built the Goblin at 0.5 and was hugely disappointed when I started to vape it. I tried it at different watts from 7 to 24 and it didn't make a difference. The Goblin is dual coil so I made some new coils that now run 1.2 ohms, thinking the sub-ohm coils must be the reason. Nope that wasn't it either. Not compatible with the Goblin? Or dual coil? I have no clue and thought I would pose the question here on VU. I really like the Goblin and have plenty of juices I can dedicate to it, but am confused as to why it doesn't seem to work with this particular juice.

It's a very basic recipe if anyone is interested.
Cinnamon Vanilla Cake
8.00% *Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl
6.00% *Cap Vanilla Cupcake
2.00% *TFA Acetyl Pyrazine 5%

Cinnamon Vanilla Cake 2
8.00% *Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl
8.00% *Cap Vanilla Cupcake
3.00% *Cap Sugar Cookie

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use VG based nic store in the freezer in its original container dropped in a twist style zip lock container bought at walmart

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made a juice I call Cinnamon Vanilla Cake and I tried it first in a Kayfun at 1.5 ohms and 10 to 12 watts. It tastes great, a sweet cinnamon. I liked it so much I decided to dedicate a Goblin to this juice. I built the Goblin at 0.5 and was hugely disappointed when I started to vape it.

(sort of a side note, really)
I would love to see a discussion thread on the effect of sub-ohming on various flavors, because I sure do see comments/questions like that a lot!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good idea. My mixes virtually came to life when I started sub ohming, had no idea what I'd been missing. Baked goods actually tasted like baked goods....fruits were brighter.....and custards - oh my, custards are always freshly "cooked" and so much richer. Your sweet watermelon juice is fresh out of the patch, one of my vaping "addictions"....It's a total 180 alright!

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an odd ball question regarding flavor in different devices and am asking it in this thread because I know there are a ton of experienced vape folks here.

well hopefully some of them will answer lol .. in the mean time, i'll throw 2 cents in on this :p

Lot's of variables to deal with assuming same cotton same wire same mod(?) Air flow for one is going to vary from tank to tank .. how that air mixes hot/cold patterns ratios etc - would determine atomization of the juice and how the flavor would be released. Coil diameter not just ohm's makes a difference also .. loop spacing, surface area, wick absorption/flow & juice flow, (um how clean are/were the tanks? any residuals?) Hell, even a different drip tip on my tanks changes the flavor.. Don't know if anyone else ever has noticed but sometimes i fill a tank and it doesn't taste like expected .. then after sitting overnight the flavor hits it .. might just be me tho! lol Would be nice to say that a flavor will stay tru from tank to tank- mod to mod .. but heck.. thats just an excuse to get more more toys haha.. hope something here helps! good luck and plz if you do get this worked out pass it along! :)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Yooperdad The biggest difference between the devices you mention, as they affect taste, I think is airflow. Short answer: bring the build resistance close to the one you liked, and close off the AFC to mimic the KF's. If that doesn't work, idk

Maybe this is a different issue, but I wrestled with cap vanilla cupcake v2 and couldn't like it, but I was always sub ohming. Cap cinnamon danish I've tried in deadly sins clones (RY4D, Butterscotch TPA, CAP Cinn Danish 6/6/6%) and like alot sub ohming. So my experience also steers me to suspect cupcake in this A vs B.

Also ime unsteeped or partially steeped juice tastes especially unfinished when vaped hot, and for your recipes's 14% of CAP v2s, that could mean weeks... just spitballing from my limited experience with CAP VCv2 (time required for butyric acid to steep completely into fluffy richness)

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow. Creamy Strawberry Malt by HIC is kind of making my day--giving me the little something I needed to be happy about and oh...man it is something wonderful. I've never tasted FA Strawberry like this before. Heh..that sounds like a commercial. Actually, I'd do that commercial.

delabs

Member For 4 Years
Foggz nope it's not just you. One night I tinkered with a tank and got tired of it. It was late and the tank was just being a PIA. Set it off to the side and went to bed. I tried the same tank the next morning and to my surprise it was great. Go figure. I'm beginning to think these things have a mind of their own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Club! I've been a shitty member lately, we were out on a 1500 mile 2 week.road trip to see son, came home for a few.days, and then took.a.few days, and another thousand miles, and went to see sons fiancee, who plays for the national team in her sport do her thing, so while it was.super cool few weeks, my whole life feels like the record skipped and I'm just trying to find out what part of the tune I'm at!
On the subohm topic, I've found that the lower I go, flavor tends to wash out. And that's for fruits, tobbys and sweets scorch on me. I've found my sweet spot between .9 and 1.2 on my kayfuns .6 or so.on my big buddhas and around .8 on my squapeRs. But that's me.
So I bought some.mods too at some.shops on the road, thought I'd.give a.real.quick.half assed opinion. Bought this POS called a.curve from lost vape. Cheap crappy mod, internals are loose, and my charge port doesn't work.. RUN
Bought a.Sig 150 LOVE this thing. It's as ugly as 6 piles of shit on a rainy day, but you just can't beat it for the money. Bought a vanilla, got a great price, it's a battery tube. A well made super smooth tube, switch is great, but at end of the day, it's.a solid mech. Also bought a Pico. Always wanted.one and had a total loss of any self control when I.saw.one in person. It's.beautiful, it's well made, and ill probably be scared to take it out of house for years to come.
Anyway I've got a couple to post , but man do I need a few days(weeks) to get caught up.I mean I.Bought juice for God sake. It's just that bad!

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Yooperdad The biggest difference between the devices you mention, as they affect taste, I think is airflow. Short answer: bring the build resistance close to the one you liked, and close off the AFC to mimic the KF's. If that doesn't work, idk

Maybe this is a different issue, but I wrestled with cap vanilla cupcake v2 and couldn't like it, but I was always sub ohming. Cap cinnamon danish I've tried in deadly sins clones (RY4D, Butterscotch TPA, CAP Cinn Danish 6/6/6%) and like alot sub ohming. So my experience also steers me to suspect cupcake in this A vs B.

Also ime unsteeped or partially steeped juice tastes especially unfinished when vaped hot, and for your recipes's 14% of CAP v2s, that could mean weeks... just spitballing from my limited experience with CAP VCv2 (time required for butyric acid to steep completely into fluffy richness)

Thanks for the comments everyone. I was half expecting to read "you dummy, all you have to do is...." but I guess the answer is much more complicated than that. I didn't mess with it today but I am comfortably using the old Kayfun at this moment and enjoying this juice. And good grief Laughmore, WEEKS to fully develop. I'll have to buy a bunch of 120 ml bottles if it's going to sit that long :)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WEEKS to fully develop
That's only if you need that final profile in order to enjoy the juice, or if steeping a month helps the hardware-taste discrepancy. I'm finding a week is fine if I keep those ingredients under 5% Some shake and vape and love it, I think most are somewhere in between, ymmv

Back to the subject of hardware-specific juice tastes, I'd let one bottle steep a few weeks for science, and see if it can keep it's body under heat and big airflow in the Goblin.

Last edited:

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good idea. My mixes virtually came to life when I started sub ohming, had no idea what I'd been missing. Baked goods actually tasted like baked goods....fruits were brighter.....and custards - oh my, custards are always freshly "cooked" and so much richer. Your sweet watermelon juice is fresh out of the patch, one of my vaping "addictions"....It's a total 180 alright!
This! Most everything comes to life at lower ohms for me...
But for Looper et al let me clarify what I feel is a very important point... Volts related to watts and ohms
For me the sweet spot is. 0.2 ohm Arctic coil running 50-60w which only comes to around 3.3 to 3.6 volts this relationship is important because at higher volts closer to 4 and above flavors start tasting like crapola...
On a more tank standard. 0.5 coil you would stay <30w for peak flavors
So HOW you sub also makes a big difference IMHO
Edit to fix decimal points

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro 4

Last edited:

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This! Most everything comes to life at lower ohms for me...
But for Looper et al let me clarify what I feel is a very important point... Volts related to watts and ohms
For me the sweet spot is. 02 ohm Arctic coil running 50-60w which only comes to around 3.3 to 3.6 volts this relationship is important because at higher volts closer to 4 and above flavors start tasting like crapola...
On a more tank standard. 05 coil you would stay <30w for peak flavors
So HOW you sub also makes a big difference IMHO

Are your decimal points off or do you really build that low? 0.02Ω? 0.05Ω? Wow, the lowest I've gone was 0.4Ω. How would you even build something that low, and what mod would you be able to use it with? o_O

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are your decimal points off or do you really build that low? 0.02Ω? 0.05Ω? Wow, the lowest I've gone was 0.4Ω. How would you even build something that low, and what mod would you be able to use it with? o_O
Sorry, it was late last night, yes, I meant 0.2, it's an Arctic factory coil.
The math doesn't work for 0.02...and that low sounds dangerous

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ignored email for 24 hours... missed the Joy FA at BCV again. Shipments every other week. Hopefully I can get some by July lols

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Really?? That's very not like them. He's a member here and has his own sub-forum. He's very helpful.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I'm tempted to just order directly from FA. Its like 7.50 w/shipping. I didn't even receive the notification from BCV :(
yeah, me niether on the Joy - although I did get notes for a few others. It is possible they were in and out so fast (who doesn't want a bottle of joy?) that there wasn't time to send out the reminders to everyone.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So.. just a weird FYI: I've been mixing different flavors into my CocoRico (a mildly coconut flavored soda) lately, and today I busted out the tfa honeysuckle. Always been afraid to use it in a mix since it gets such a bad rap. Well, it's rather nice in my drink. I would never have guessed "honeysuckle" if I hadn't already known--it tastes sweet and like a very mild banana in the mix. But it doesn't add up to what you'd think of as "banana-coconut". It's weird and kinda wonderful. TFA Honeysuckle: Not Just for Shampoo Anymore?

VU Sponsors