Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
See the thing next to the thumbs up when you tap on my reply or any others? That is all that you need to worry about.. Tap that then type .... I think that is what you where asking right?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol! S'okay, just has to be exactly as it reads. You're doin' fine ;)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hi Juicy

I made a few but I've only vaped the 3 Milky Musketeers so far, but here are the links -

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-3-milky-musketeers.30662/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-clone-of-halos-cafe-mocha.1953/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/mr-ts-very-vanilla-custard.13052/

The Very Vanilla Custard is steeping. When it’s ready I plan to make –
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cherry-custard-pie.65443/

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ly-known-as-the-purevapes-thread.2501/page-52
Post 2558 wllmc’s Big Chocolate Apples

I'm sorry they're not direct links because I don't know how to post them. Don't know how to tag someone either! Duh!!! :oops:
Hoping someone can H E L P me :) please.
Hey Mink, for cherry pie if your very vanilla is not ready and you have game over custard, you can use that and it's even better. That's how like it best now

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, Thank you for that. I do have some Game Over Custard. Your Cherry Pie sounds delicious so now I won't have to wait. That's awesome!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Oh, Thank you for that. I do have some Game Over Custard. Your Cherry Pie sounds delicious so now I won't have to wait. That's awesome!
The GOC makes that mix outstanding. Even though the very vanilla is great that GOC is crazy good

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

LSX_mechanic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wanted to share one.its the only one I think I've made good enought to share,and is my first share :).

I call it Peaches & cream team
all flavor art
peach 5%
fresh cream 1%
catalan cream 1%
vienna cream 1%

I throw it in the crocpot for an hour and its good to go. I have also used it right away and still is good.
It's simple and is my adv. I hope someone likes it as much as I do.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Big day today. Finished reading this thread and have caught up with you all, mixed my first juice, HIC's 3 Milky Musketeers and vaped for the first time with my Kanger subtank mini, that just arrived.

I was feeling quite dubious about mixing a juice but it was oh, so simple and tastes oh, so yummy that I mixed up a few more.

I have scales but I just used the drops method and mixed small flavour batches as HIC suggested. It was so easy and quick.

So thank you all for all the great tips, tricks, advice and recipes
Triple like! Congrats Mink :)

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But HIC's Cocoa Cookies sound really, really good. Mmmmm...

Took me forever to remember / find these ..
haven't had them in years.... now I will have to search for them...
all due to HIC's Cocoa Cookies recipe... which to me, INSTANTLY made me think of these cookies
from 10+ years ago ...
images

Thanks mucho @HeadInClouds for taking me wayyyy back!! :D

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know of a way to get FA in original packaging besides BCV? The availability has been poor for too long and the average hassle in getting what I want is too high. I'd love to find a reliable solution! I want what I want when I want it FFS lol!

In my frustration I emailed a request to accept special orders to be filled as items become available like Fastech. I'm not taking disappointment well at all today. INW shipment came in and everything else disappeared before I jumped on it.

Last edited:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if this is org packaging then, ecigexpress not sure what org packaging looks like tho .. ;p

Attachments

• vm5.15.jpg
    vm5.15.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 30

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Foggz Thanks for the reply but nope those are rebottles, original packaging for 10ml's are either orange or white caps (edit: some have had blue) and the labeling is half Italian. ECX is fine BTW, used them for almost 2 years. Since the start of my FA craze this year, I've tried most of the unfamiliar flavors from vendors that rebottle. Now that I'm unsatisfied with some of the products, how do I know if my beef is with FA or the distributor? If I had been purchasing FA in original bottles, I could trust my own reference better, and then restock with rebottled flavors, knowing what I'm supposed to be tasting.

There's something wrong about these silly little bottles causing me so much frustration. It may very well turn out that the originally packaged flavors taste the same as what I have, and I just realize I don't like the flavors. How the fuck else does one know for sure?

Last edited:

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bilberry, Blackberry, Mad Fruit, Irish Cream. Cherry and grape don't taste right either, but that doesn't surprise me since no other cherry or grape ever has to me (cough drops and vitamins). My bilberry is not fruity at all, it's like tart cologne - solo it's sort of vapeable, but all it adds to a mix is a perfumy bite. The blackberry is like this but with less fruit and more feet and armpits even at .25%, completely unvapeable. Mad fruit tastes like straight up Flinstones vitamins, complete with the chalky-powdery-sharp medicine taste I associate with grape. My irish cream tastes like straight chocolate, and contributes none of the expected "Irish" notes in real coffee, HIC's mixes, or solo.

I was kind of content to just banish these flavors, and then purchased a few recipes as a last ditch effort to mix something with them. The recipes from mixers I respect containing these flavors are gross to me. I'm really trying not to fart in anybody's general direction, need to taste the "real" stuff and see what's what. Something in my lab is fucked up, and maybe it's me. If I had been purchasing first-time, unfamiliar flavors in original packaging, I could have avoided this mystery, and that is getting to me. And what I need is OOS again. /more tears

Last edited:

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mini-rage was enough to pay the VAT but that $16 shipping even with the 5x10ml deal $2 off... I'm calming down lol I may or may not have flipped when bilberry and joy went out of stock as INW finally came in at the only US vendor selling what I want. Wait a week to save $20... life is hard

Of the first 5ml FA samples I bought, the creams and the caramel went quick as expected. Next, the vanillas were all out at the same time, then almond. Triple the quantity for $2.50, and in original packaging? Yes plz.

Wait - are the 30ml FA from BCV in original packaging or just the 10ml? edit: My receipts for 10ml's indicate that they are, and there is no indication for 30ml... I've had proper almond before so my paranoia is eased

Storm and Glory in da vapemail too, fresh out of Joy.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Bilberry, Blackberry, Mad Fruit, Irish Cream. Cherry and grape don't taste right either, but that doesn't surprise me since no other cherry or grape ever has to me (cough drops and vitamins). My bilberry is not fruity at all, it's like tart cologne - solo it's sort of vapeable, but all it adds to a mix is a perfumy bite. The blackberry is like this but with less fruit and more feet and armpits even at .25%, completely unvapeable. Mad fruit tastes like straight up Flinstones vitamins, complete with the chalky-powdery-sharp medicine taste I associate with grape. My irish cream tastes like straight chocolate, and contributes none of the expected "Irish" notes in real coffee, HIC's mixes, or solo.

I was kind of content to just banish these flavors, and then purchased a few recipes as a last ditch effort to mix something with them. The recipes from mixers I respect containing these flavors are gross to me. I'm really trying not to fart in anybody's general direction, need to taste the "real" stuff and see what's what. Something in my lab is fucked up, and maybe it's me. If I had been purchasing first-time, unfamiliar flavors in original packaging, I could have avoided this mystery, and that is getting to me. And what I need is OOS again. /more tears

Can I ask where you purchased the flavors that aren't working right?
Are you sure it is the flavors and nothing else?

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cherry and blackberry from MMJ, everything else from ELM. Those two flavors from MMJ were behaving like in some other negative posts (about the flavors), so with that consistency, I decided I needed to broaden my reference for what they taste like before claiming something was wrong with my order. Some flavors don't work for some people as we know...

I'd hate to bitch about it only to have the same thing shipped again and find I just don't like it. If there's a way to know anything for sure in this world of subjective-or-not flavoring and recipe sharing, I've gotta do it - the doubt in my own judgement vs product quality is getting to me. May very well turn out to be solely between me and certain FA.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
can understand.. I know ELM was having issues with mail, but for the rest, don't know.. cant confirm..
wish you the best.. the cherry and balckberry i grabbed from ecx is fine.. I wish ya good luck in sorting it out, Laughmore..

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I taste no croissant, but damn, the lemony goodness is yumlicious.

That made no sense. Pardon me...still grading

There is no croissant made in France that tastes like that. But on the other hand it's an awesome flavor, lemon and all!

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just used .5% croissant as an alternative for lime cold as a sweetener in a cantaloupe cream adventure I've been on... the anticipation
I happened upon a buttercream effect that I don't understand exactly, and I'm stalling on whether to chase that idea or (try to) make the fruit pop more.

I made so many changes between two iterations that the original recipe was overwritten accidentally. Then, this buttercream thing emerges after a steep, and I can't remember exactly if I swapped some creams or simply adjusted one and swapped another as I cut others in half... I'll be taking more notes during the "wild stab phase" to prevent this from happening again.

It's all FA standards, TPA Sea Buckthorn (shaping cantaloupe) and Vanilla Gelato, and HS Ice Cream. Trying to finish so I can share this thing.

Last edited:

S3rv3d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thought I'd share something I mixed up last night. It's nice as it is, but I'll tweak it again once my Vanilla Tahity arrives.

Vanilla Passion
Passion Fruit 3% (2.5%)
Coconut 0.5% (1%)
Fresh Cream 1%
Vanilla Classic 0.5% (Vanilla Tahity 0.5%)
Vienna Cream 0.5%
All FlavourArt

What I've put in Bold is how I'll adjust next time and once the Tahity arrives. V1 is still nice, just not enough coconut or vanilla coming through.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I get pretty much the same thing from those flavors, so you're not alone.
Purchased quite some time ago...
Even FW Blackberry & FW Blueberry taste way better (to me):eek:.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get pretty much the same thing from those flavors, so you're not alone.
Purchased quite some time ago...
Even FW Blackberry & FW Blueberry taste way better (to me):eek:.
I've yet to find a blueberry that doesn't taste nasty. I have several and none of them taste like blueberry to me. I am partial to Caps blackberry though, just have to use small doses as it gets stronger with age.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought I'd share something I mixed up last night. It's nice as it is, but I'll tweak it again once my Vanilla Tahity arrives.

Vanilla Passion
Passion Fruit 3% (2.5%)
Coconut 0.5% (1%)
Fresh Cream 1%
Vanilla Classic 0.5% (Vanilla Tahity 0.5%)
Vienna Cream 0.5%
All FlavourArt

What I've put in Bold is how I'll adjust next time and once the Tahity arrives. V1 is still nice, just not enough coconut or vanilla coming through.
Some tools to increase the high notes of vanilla you may already be aware of - the common vanillin 10% and French Vanilla (regular) TPA - both very simple flavors and won't profoundly affect the body at low %'s. The french regular smells just like real extract, not interesting like FA or the other TPA vanillas by itself but very recognizable and useful for the simple extract taste

Also with all that "fantasy" fruit and cream, I'd be tempted to toss in 0.5% oba oba and see what happens. That's my mind lately. In my rough tests I found passion fruit to be more sensitive to oba than other common fruits (water/milk tests) so start low, if you go that route.

Last edited:

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was awesome. Wasn't sure if butterflies was a new flavor.
Alice-in-Wonderland-Bread-and-Butterflies.jpg

Do not harass the butterflies

edit: excited about vapemail:
Popcorn TPA (PG, AP, and maltol) - planning to sub for AP in familiar recipes, I suspect the difference between that and kettle corn is EM, we'll see
INW Plum, am4a, raspberry, and biscuit to see what the hype is
Honeysuckle TPA for layering with FA cantaloupe and Philippine Mango for FA mango

Last edited:

Vcoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys I'm trying to work on a sugar cookie base... Think nilla wafer, or the vanilla cookie part of the vanilla Oreos. Kind of like a no doubt about it cookie flavor. Maybe cookie batter flavor? I want to mix it with a lemon or lime so I guess if you ever had one of those vanilla lemon creme cookies but not the ginger spiced ones.

Any ideas? In other words if I start with FA cookie what flavors (not the fruit filling) compliment it? Vienna Creme at like .5? Vanilla regular? Custard to replicate the "eggs" in batter? Previous attempts smell like chemical, not sure why.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Big day today. Finished reading this thread and have caught up with you all, mixed my first juice, HIC's 3 Milky Musketeers and vaped for the first time with my Kanger subtank mini, that just arrived.

I was feeling quite dubious about mixing a juice but it was oh, so simple and tastes oh, so yummy that I mixed up a few more.

I have scales but I just used the drops method and mixed small flavour batches as HIC suggested. It was so easy and quick.

So thank you all for all the great tips, tricks, advice and recipes
High five! I'm glad your first foray into vaping was so successful. I still say that you started out with a vapor quality that many of us didn't experience until after months of struggling with inferior gear and juice. Way to come out swinging.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey guys I'm trying to work on a sugar cookie base... Think nilla wafer, or the vanilla cookie part of the vanilla Oreos. Kind of like a no doubt about it cookie flavor. Maybe cookie batter flavor? I want to mix it with a lemon or lime so I guess if you ever had one of those vanilla lemon creme cookies but not the ginger spiced ones.

Any ideas? In other words if I start with FA cookie what flavors (not the fruit filling) compliment it? Vienna Creme at like .5? Vanilla regular? Custard to replicate the "eggs" in batter? Previous attempts smell like chemical, not sure why.
I made a Golden Oreo cookie a while back. I used Cookie and Vanilla Classic, TFA Cheesecake Graham and Fresh Cream to make it floofy, a small touch of TFA Brown Sugar to bake it, and Meringue to sweeten. The Meringue is actually not even necessary, now. (Taste buds came back since the, lol). If you want yours lemony, but batter-like, you could play around with Cookie, Vanilla Classic, FA Custard (which is creamy and a little citrusy), Fresh Cream and Lemon Sicily (or a lime if you prefer). You could even add a tiny touch of Caps Cake Batter, though I'm not positive with that. Just an afterthought.

I personally love how Cookie and Vanilla Classic play together so well.

Vcoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made a Golden Oreo cookie a while back. I used Cookie and Vanilla Classic, TFA Cheesecake Graham and Fresh Cream to make it floofy, a small touch of TFA Brown Sugar to bake it, and Meringue to sweeten. The Meringue is actually not even necessary, now. (Taste buds came back since the, lol). If you want yours lemony, but batter-like, you could play around with Cookie, Vanilla Classic, FA Custard (which is creamy and a little citrusy), Fresh Cream and Lemon Sicily (or a lime if you prefer). You could even add a tiny touch of Caps Cake Batter, though I'm not positive with that. Just an afterthought.

I personally love how Cookie and Vanilla Classic play together so well.

I have all of those flavors thankfully. Does the cheesecake graham have cinnamon? I find cinnamon can take over a flavor profile easily (maybe small percentages not as much). I was actually wondering myself if the cake batters or yellow cakes would help or hurt the actual cookie flavoring from FA.

Lime CP/Sicily 3%
Cookie 2%
Vanilla classic .05%
Vienna/meringue .05%
Brown sugar or AP or EM?
Custard?

I find the lemon/ lime smells pungent at first but dies/fades even after 4 days at 3%. Maybe 4-4.5%?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have all of those flavors thankfully. Does the cheesecake graham have cinnamon? I find cinnamon can take over a flavor profile easily (maybe small percentages not as much). I was actually wondering myself if the cake batters or yellow cakes would help or hurt the actual cookie flavoring from FA.

Lime CP/Sicily 3%
Cookie 2%
Vanilla classic .05%
Vienna/meringue .05%
Brown sugar or AP or EM?
Custard?

I find the lemon/ lime smells pungent at first but dies/fades even after 4 days at 3%. Maybe 4-4.5%?
Personal preference only, I find that 1% Lime CP is usually enough. 3% for Lemon Sicily is good, I've taken it up to 4%. Also personal preference, I take Vanilla Classic to 2%. You won't need AP, cookie already has AP. If you want batter, over cookie, I wouldn't do the brown sugar. Custard will give it creaminess. As far as cheesecake graham goes, I don't taste cinnamon from it, some might, BUT, I do get a cinnamon taste from Lemon Sicily sometimes in mixes. I can't recall which flavor combo does that. HIC knows. It's something from HIC's Lemon Meringue Pie recipe. I get a cinnamon taste in that one and it doesn't contain cinnamon.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I've found this with lemon sicily, too. I have some of HIC's Lemon Meringue Pie mixed about six weeks ago, and the lemon has merged into it so that it's just gently there anymore. Still delish, but not packing a punch anymore. A lot of people like subtle lemon, but I prefer it stronger. LMP has 4% lemon to start with, so I have to wonder if the answer is in raising the percentage.

Anyone have ideas for getting the lemon to stick?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made up a 70ml bottle of the lemon meringue pie back in March - love that stuff - but you're right, the lemon does significantly lose its edge over time. I use the big bottle to fill the little 10ml in the vape bag in my purse, but every time I refill I just go ahead and add a couple-3 drops of lemon sicily to the small one. Seems to perk it right up.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like it fresh? Make a flavor bottle and just mix enough at a time for what you'll vape. OR maybe start with a LOWER % and later after it sits a while add a fresh drop to your mix.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made up a 70ml bottle of the lemon meringue pie back in March - love that stuff - but you're right, the lemon does significantly lose its edge over time. I use the big bottle to fill the little 10ml in the vape bag in my purse, but every time I refill I just go ahead and add a couple-3 drops of lemon sicily to the small one. Seems to perk it right up.

Thank you, T & JXN, yes! I've tried this and it works fine for me cause I have the bottle of lemon sicily. :)
I was hoping there might be some magical addition that would make the lemon stick over time. I'll have to dig into it a little bit, I guess. I haven't ever done much with apple cider vinegar or citric acid to know how they might impact this, but I'll take a look at that possibility.

Vcoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you, T & JXN, yes! I've tried this and it works fine for me cause I have the bottle of lemon sicily. :)
I was hoping there might be some magical addition that would make the lemon stick over time. I'll have to dig into it a little bit, I guess. I haven't ever done much with apple cider vinegar or citric acid to know how they might impact this, but I'll take a look at that possibility.
The thing is, I've been on this crazy lemon/ lime kick lately and all of the "premium" juices absolutely retain their flavor after months. Strix elixirs is a great example and ripe vapes is another. There has to be an additive because they don't taste like too much citrus when fresh and don't change in flavor after time. What is the secret? I wonder if they are using the Loranne oil versions just for those citrus flavors??? Do oils hold the potency longer?

Another note..strix elixirs lemon cake aka "madd batter" (awesome flavor btw) has this almost medium to dark brown color to the juice. I wonder why it's so dark without coloring. Their key lime is almost pinkish in color. All of my blends look clear unless I use TFA graham dark or maybe dulce de leche. I think juice color may be another way to figure out what's used?

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe FA Lemon Sicily is not for you. I've never bought 1 premium juice let alone all of them, I've not tried other manufacturers lemon flavors but think I read FE Lemon or something like VZ SC Lemon hold their strength. I'm happy with FA.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For safety's sake, I hope they aren't using oils. That's a DIY "no no," as it isn't safe.

Vcoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe FA Lemon Sicily is not for you. I've never bought 1 premium juice let alone all of them, I've not tried other manufacturers lemon flavors but think I read FE Lemon or something like VZ SC Lemon hold their strength. I'm happy with FA.
What is FE, VZ, and SC? I like the flavors for sure, just need a lemon and lime to hold considering the bakery base flavored improve with time where the citrus diminishes

VU Sponsors