Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We're not doing anything special for food today, just the usual. But tomorrow... we're grilling steaks. The weather's quite mild, and the rain in the last couple weeks has ended the desperate dryness all round, so it won't even be hazardous. :)

My stepfather called yesterday to ask if we wanted to go out to dinner with him, Monday, his treat. So I guess we're doing that.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We learned last night that one of our fave TV shows has been back for 7 fucking episodes and we didn't even know it! :eek: So we binged on The Librarians last night, 5 episodes, we got to bed about 5am. :giggle: 2 more to watch this evening, and a new one tomorrow night, xmas night; 8pm on one of the turner channels, either tbs or tnt, can't remember. I personally think Rebecca Romijn or however she spells her last name looks hotter without blue paint, but my husband will always have fond memories of her blue bodypaint. It's also got Christian Kane, who used to be on Buffy and then Leverage. And John Larroquette, who is always amusing, and the occasional cameo by Jane Curtin.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dangnabbit why did that post before I wanted it to. As I was saying, my final flight on my way home is delayed because...the crew is flying in from another city and their flight was delayed. Seriously?

tapatalking drive by

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mmhm
04a7843645ac0fc0e5e2130789e8178c.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am so bored. I'm doing my best not to be wallowing in sadness or grief, but about the best I can come up with is... bored. Or maybe it's actually depressed, from squashing all my actual feelings. *sigh*

Guess I'll go with bored.

BAHHUMBUG.jpg

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A much happier xmas... As best I can puzzle out, at this remove, this was xmas of '93, and I think the reason for the big grin was that I had, in August of that year, celebrated my first year of sobriety -- I didn't leave the house my first sober xmas, for fear of beer overtaking me and forcing itself down my throat.... by my 2nd xmas sober, I realized that wasn't going to happen. :giggle:

That's my mom's dining room I'm standing in, just before a big sit-down xmas dinner that she was cooking; I went in to set the table, and my husband grabbed the camera and said "Smile!" A smile was never very far from me, at that point. 6 yrs of happy marriage, a 5 yr old son who already knew how to read, and a year of sobriety for both me and my husband.

me-xmas-93.jpg

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A much happier xmas... As best I can puzzle out, at this remove, this was xmas of '93, and I think the reason for the big grin was that I had, in August of that year, celebrated my first year of sobriety -- I didn't leave the house my first sober xmas, for fear of beer overtaking me and forcing itself down my throat.... by my 2nd xmas sober, I realized that wasn't going to happen. :giggle:

That's my mom's dining room I'm standing in, just before a big sit-down xmas dinner that she was cooking; I went in to set the table, and my husband grabbed the camera and said "Smile!" A smile was never very far from me, at that point. 6 yrs of happy marriage, a 5 yr old son who already knew how to read, and a year of sobriety for both me and my husband.

View attachment 69858

Andria
OMG so gorgeous

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OMG so gorgeous

My mom was really an expert decorator, and though that table got replaced some years later, that china cabinet is still around in the house they bought in 2007. I've only been there once, since she passed in October, and just looking around, I kept expecting to see her, with all her things all around. Even all her clothes are still there; I expect that my aunt and I will go thru them at some point, but I have no idea when any of us will be ready for that. I don't know if it comforts my stepfather that all her things are still there, or torments him, but I know he's not ready for any of it to change.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure this was the same xmas, '93; the last 3 remaining of my mom and her sibs; my aunt Betty's still around of course; my uncle "Gee" (Gerald, but I couldn't say that as a baby, so he was always and forever "Gee") passed in 2005. My mom was both the baby and runt of the litter. :giggle: Strange to realize, she was only 52 in this pic, younger than I am now.

BettyMamaGeeXmas93.jpg

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mom was really an expert decorator, and though that table got replaced some years later, that china cabinet is still around in the house they bought in 2007. I've only been there once, since she passed in October, and just looking around, I kept expecting to see her, with all her things all around. Even all her clothes are still there; I expect that my aunt and I will go thru them at some point, but I have no idea when any of us will be ready for that. I don't know if it comforts my stepfather that all her things are still there, or torments him, but I know he's not ready for any of it to change.

Andria
I meant you...Although the tree is nice too...Cheers!

VU Sponsors