Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, we never do that. We spend whatever we have, and if we don't have, we don't spend. Very simple. That's why I never could understand all these folks that claim that vaping is so expensive, they've spent SOOOOOOO much money, blah blah blah.... If you stop spending when you run out of money, you don't go into debt.

Andria
Why be so unamerican?
You too will be assimilated.
Resistance is futile if <1.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why be so unamerican?
You too will be assimilated.
Resistance is futile if <1.

Because I'm a thifty tightwad, that's why. And because I'm smarter than the average... American. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had a bit of fun today with some easy DIY. :)

French Vanilla

Target Size:
10ml
Unflavored Juice (Base): 18mg/ml

Hypothesis: Got free sample of French Vanilla from Mt. Baker Vapor, 0mg/ml nicotine. Figured I could cut the flavor with unflavored nicotine base and get some flavored juice for fairly dirt cheap.

Process: Added 2ml of French Vanilla to empty 10ml bottle, added 18mg/ml juice 8ml to bottle shook up good. Tried the flavor and found it a bit overpowering. Poured half of bottle into another empty 10ml bottle, added 18mg/ml juice back to half full bottles, shook, tried. Found the results much better. :)

Conclusion: French Vanilla from Mt. Baker Vapor with about 7mg/ml nicotine is good at roughly 10% flavor per ml, this is roughly 1ml flavor per 10ml target bottle.

Alternately:
I might try about 7% flavor which would be .70ml flavor per 10ml bottle target.

I used a 10ml bottle because the CopperVape squonking kit uses that. Also using 10ml bottle lets you do easy maths in converting the percentages for different target sizes.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, if your tool is longer than 7" it has to be checked

View attachment 69313

Yay! I can carry a two inch long bladed pocket knife on. Can field dress & near fully skin out a deer with a half inch long bladed pocket knife in less than a minute and a half, field dressed in about half a minute. Did that about two years ago, too. So yep, still got the touch. :| Figure there's others what can do better than what I do. Never did learn no knife fighting, just learned to do what I need do. Yeah, them silly TSA folk sure make me feel all warm 'n' fuzzy about getting on a plane, not that I do so often.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried bring a cattle prod to zap folks snoring, but they wouldn't go for it....had to put in checked baggage. Strange rules they have.

Hey they'll give you a 250ml cup of water and cheap ear buds to listen to the plane's radio. Got a nice zapping system right there. Granted you only get about a meter of cord on those ear buds, still splash the water on somebody, slash the ear bud cord and apply to wet skin. Although I don't think 3-6 volts would do much, phones went to running on 9 volt from 12 but even 12 volts wouldn't even tickle you.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey they'll give you a 250ml cup of water and cheap ear buds to listen to the plane's radio. Got a nice zapping system right there. Granted you only get about a meter of cord on those ear buds, still splash the water on somebody, slash the ear bud cord and apply to wet skin. Although I don't think 3-6 volts would do much, phones went to running on 9 volt from 12 but even 12 volts wouldn't even tickle you.
Morely, I think if the splashing water didn't wake um, doubt the ear buds would help....:devil:...:vino:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There are too few of us though.

I dunno, I take pride in being different; always have.

I ran across a quote recently from Samuel Johnson; the quote was to illustrate the extreme density and verbosity of sentence structure in earlier centuries of "modern" English, and how vastly it differed from ACTUALLY modern English, but it's the *import* of the sentence that really struck me:

"The proverbial oracles of our parsimonious ancestors have informed us, that the fatal waste of our fortune is by small expenses, by the profusion of sums too little singly to alarm our caution, and which we never suffer ourselves to consider together."

--Samuel Johnson

And paraphrased (by me), so modern English speakers can actually understand it:

The waste of our resources is by very-numerous sums too small, individually, to inspire caution; failing to consider them together is the impoverishing mistake.

I think this is one of the primary factors in why our family's finances have improved so drastically, since we bought this house and moved here: I took over handling all the money and finance, keeping a running accounting of EVERY LAST CENT that we spend -- hence, we always know where our money is going, instead of the previous out-of-his-pocket method, which invariably ended up with "where the hell did all the money go?" My husband is smart, honest, and works hard, but he just can't handle money well at all.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I ran across a quote recently from Samuel Johnson; the quote was to illustrate the extreme density and verbosity of sentence structure in earlier centuries of "modern" English, and how vastly it differed from ACTUALLY modern English, but it's the *import* of the sentence that really struck me:

"The proverbial oracles of our parsimonious ancestors have informed us, that the fatal waste of our fortune is by small expenses, by the profusion of sums too little singly to alarm our caution, and which we never suffer ourselves to consider together."

--Samuel Johnson

The waste of our resources is by very-numerous sums too small, individually, to inspire caution; failing to consider them together is the impoverishing mistake.

I think this is one of the primary factors in why our family's finances have improved so drastically, since we bought this house and moved here: I took over handling all the money and finance, keeping a running accounting of EVERY LAST CENT that we spend -- hence, we always know where our money is going, instead of the previous out-of-his-pocket method, which invariably ended up with "where the hell did all the money go?" My husband is smart, honest, and works hard, but he just can't handle money well at all.

Andria
Judging from our leaders that keep getting elected we are the minority.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

--Samuel Johnson

Andria

I have seemingly always paid respect to an axiom from the nineteen thirties. "Waste not, want not."

"Man, know thyself", seen at the temples of Delphi is also fair wisdom, as is "Be thyself" by Oscar Wilde. I do not desire evil so do not choose between a lesser of evils, even such a choice is choosing evil. Yes, I'll grant there is some subjectivity to life and degrees of virtue, evil. Ultimately though when facing Truth we understand objectivity exists as well and it does not abide subjective degrees of virtue, evil. In this we are the divine for like water we seek our own level and truing.

Well enough depth for so late, or early. Enjoying use of the brass CopperVape with a Goon RDA. Thinking of heading to bed. Nitol & run 'er slow. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY!

Frickin cold outside so Rascal and me are staying inside! We dont know if it was his Scooby doll or his Oinky doll but some one threw the blankets over his head yesterday and gave him a bunch of head nuggies. There was a lot of growling and snarling and that tail was going 900 mph and fun was had by all but later Oinky took a serious ass whippin. Just wasnt pretty. After that we enjoyed some peanut butter and Ritz crackers and all was good in the world. Today we are going to work on his Christmas list for what Santa Paws is gonna bring him :teehee:

Hope yall had a good weekend!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello fuggees.....
221c8c38a3878a27207c2e8a6d357264.gif

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm up early today, gotta do the tag office thing because of the new truck. Oh what fun. :D At least now I have a cool phone like everyone else, and can read while I'm standing there. :)

And GFYs! Merrily! 'Tis the season! :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:sarcasm:
"Oh what fun, it is to stand, in a long-ass tag office line!"

Or it will be anyway, since I'll be standing there with a humongous "phablet" (what these 5.5" and up phones seem to be called!) reading Kindle. Having a 6" phone is pretty neat though; when I'm actually using it as a phone, I'm speaking INTO THE PHONE rather than out into the air, as is the case with itty bitty phones. Always hated that. But it's too bad I missed out on earlier versions of mobile phones; I always wanted to do that Star Trek thing, with a flip phone. :D "Kirk to Enterprise... beam me up, Scotty!"

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like the flip phones. very pocket friendly.
And sometimes a phone is just a phone.

When you work in a plant, having things in your pocket is chancy -- his old flip phone, he once dropped right off the dock, about a 10 ft drop, because it fell out of his pocket. His S5 lives in an Otter box which is attached to his belt -- far more secure!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just use it as a phone. for net access I use a pad or a pc.

My husband is what he calls a "www-dot-idiot". :giggle: But since getting that S5, he's become addicted to eBay. I finally had to speak up and point out that just because a coin is available at a good price, that doesn't mean he has to immediately buy it! :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, shit, or bah humbug, or something. The line wasn't long at all... but I learned that the title paperwork hasn't been filed yet, so, other than cancelling the registration for the old truck, it was a wasted trip. But at least it prevents the Dept of Public Safety (a/k/a the Dept of Total Nitwits) from sending us a letter telling us that we owe some astronomical amount for letting the insurance lapse ON A TRUCK WE NO LONGER HAVE! (you see why they're total nitwits).

So we'll have to do this dance again next week sometime. :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I hear the sound of Ravn Airline SUCKING ASS WHILE CANCELING MY FLIGHT FOR NO APPARENT REASON CAUSING ME TO MISS MY CONNECTING FLIGHT AND WILL NOW ARRIVE IN SEATTLE AT 2:20 A.M. IN THE MORNING INSTEAD OF 7:30 P.M. TONIGHT.

Hiya Fuggees! How are you all?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hear the sound of Ravn Airline SUCKING ASS WHILE CANCELING MY FLIGHT FOR NO APPARENT REASON CAUSING ME TO MISS MY CONNECTING FLIGHT AND WILL NOW ARRIVE IN SEATTLE AT 2:20 A.M. IN THE MORNING INSTEAD OF 7:30 P.M. TONIGHT.

Hiya Fuggees! How are you all?

Well that sucks. I always have to know WHY????????? Just one of my quirks. ;)

Andria

VU Sponsors