ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you!!
It's true. :blowkiss:
A much happier xmas... As best I can puzzle out, at this remove, this was xmas of '93, and I think the reason for the big grin was that I had, in August of that year, celebrated my first year of sobriety -- I didn't leave the house my first sober xmas, for fear of beer overtaking me and forcing itself down my throat.... by my 2nd xmas sober, I realized that wasn't going to happen. :giggle:

That's my mom's dining room I'm standing in, just before a big sit-down xmas dinner that she was cooking; I went in to set the table, and my husband grabbed the camera and said "Smile!" A smile was never very far from me, at that point. 6 yrs of happy marriage, a 5 yr old son who already knew how to read, and a year of sobriety for both me and my husband.

View attachment 69858

Andria
I LOVE this pic Andria! Beautiful. And congrats.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My back hurts. At least it won't be in the 80's today. The trees don't even know what to do. (or maybe it's the cedars again)Woke up to a dust of pollen all over my vehicles.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. All you fugees ready for the new year?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning fuggers. Weather's still wet here, but that's ok; it will take a whole lot of rain to correct our deficit!!! And that means it's not terribly cold, just a little chilly; leather jacket weather, I love it. :D

2017 will be a great year. My husband and I will celebrate 30 yrs of wedded bliss and 25 yrs of sobriety, and I'll celebrate 3 yrs: vaping - Feb 1, and non-smoking - July 25. And our son will be returning to the family home, which is greatly anticipated. I spent most of his childhood wishing he'd hurry up and grow up and leave me alone; and have now spent most of his adulthood wishing he'd come home! :giggle:

Oooh, the sun just came out. Bad sun, bad, bring back the rain, we need it!!!

I got my delayed xmas present today, the one about Android Development for Dummies, and have read just a few pages, enough to know that now I need to get Java For Dummies. :facepalm:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fuggers. Weather's still wet here, but that's ok; it will take a whole lot of rain to correct our deficit!!! And that means it's not terribly cold, just a little chilly; leather jacket weather, I love it. :D

2017 will be a great year. My husband and I will celebrate 30 yrs of wedded bliss and 25 yrs of sobriety, and I'll celebrate 3 yrs: vaping - Feb 1, and non-smoking - July 25. And our son will be returning to the family home, which is greatly anticipated. I spent most of his childhood wishing he'd hurry up and grow up and leave me alone; and have now spent most of his adulthood wishing he'd come home! :giggle:

Oooh, the sun just came out. Bad sun, bad, bring back the rain, we need it!!!

I got my delayed xmas present today, the one about Android Development for Dummies, and have read just a few pages, enough to know that now I need to get Java For Dummies. :facepalm:

Andria
Seems the New Year will be GREAT for all us Fugees!!!!:bunny::bliss::sneaka::bliss::bunny:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I decided to do as little as possible today :giggle: So I took a shower, burnt the trash and said fuck it, Im done :D

My boy Rascal went to spend a few days with his mommy last night which I am kinda glad about. If I heard much more of his froggie going "rivet rivet rivet" I might of had to make that toy vanish for a while :xD:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I decided to do as little as possible today :giggle: So I took a shower, burnt the trash and said fuck it, Im done :D

My boy Rascal went to spend a few days with his mommy last night which I am kinda glad about. If I heard much more of his froggie going "rivet rivet rivet" I might of had to make that toy vanish for a while :xD:
I think I know that toy. I had one for Clyde. After he ripped it to shreds, I actually saved the voice box out of it. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, that's terribly sad. She was only 60 yrs old, younger than my husband, only 5 yrs older than moi. I guess it just serves to prove that all that 'white powder" really ain't good for your heart, even decades after you've stopped it.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin fugee's and GFY!

Baked another turkey last night :) Damn it came out good!

Still trying to decide if I really want to do anything today or not :giggle:

If you've access to A&E television network, there seems to be a show doing a Scientology clam baking. They ran a preview for another show they were going to do which involved having a crew embedded into a few KKK families to interview KKK members and do an in depth expose regarding what it is to be KKK. Well, the next morning there was notice that that show specifically would not ever see airing as well as them doing a lot of legal retraction, apologies. I think it might have been a worthwhile show to have seen, if for nothing else than the perspective of how such a notion originates in our modern society/ies.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you've access to A&E television network, there seems to be a show doing a Scientology clam baking. They ran a preview for another show they were going to do which involved having a crew embedded into a few KKK families to interview KKK members and do an in depth expose regarding what it is to be KKK. Well, the next morning there was notice that that show specifically would not ever see airing as well as them doing a lot of legal retraction, apologies. I think it might have been a worthwhile show to have seen, if for nothing else than the perspective of how such a notion originates in our modern society/ies.

It's just plain old ignorant HATE. Nothing else. Whatever's different, just hate it, for no reason, just because their daddy did, or some stupid shit.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, that's terribly sad. She was only 60 yrs old, younger than my husband, only 5 yrs older than moi. I guess it just serves to prove that all that 'white powder" really ain't good for your heart, even decades after you've stopped it.
Andria

Have to agree. I mean come on, they have been running adverts for law suits against talcum powder companies for at least the last six months now. That stuff they knew caused people to turn into mutants worse than the dynamite swamps in Nitro, WV, or possibly even transform into Moth Man every so often near Point Pleasant, WV. :)

Carrie Fisher will be missed, too. I first recall seeing her in a theater, believe it was 1978 (for me at least) and it was A New Hope. Oddly enough it was something my step dad, jerk that he was, spurred mom to take me to the theater to see. He actually went with us, stood in line for tickets and we went in and saw the movie. Of course, then he fussed and cursed about me liking Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica (the original television movie & series). He rather I liked Bonanza & Gunsmoke. * sits shaking my head, reflecting *

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's just plain old ignorant HATE. Nothing else. Whatever's different, just hate it, for no reason, just because their daddy did, or some stupid shit.

Andria

I concur yet could have seen it being presented in such a way that expounded on it so as to let everyone see it for what it was, is, will be. Sorry, I have trouble with the notion of censorship as much as the notion of hate. How is it exactly fair, just to sweep our dirty socks under the rug when company visits, just to make nice? Ain't that nearly the same kind of hate you're hiding, but only wearing a pretty frilly Sunday best dress? Awe, I'll hush a'fore I start making sense or hucking kindling together.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:):cool::bliss::ejuice::cloud::cloud::cloud::stars2::stars2:<3:bliss::cloud::cloud::cloud::ejuice:

Nom Nom ... My goodness! * licking his chops & lips * NOM NOM NOM! "Front! Dictation of notation to self begin: 'Must have a lot more K12 juice at 12mg/ml 100% VG, it's damn yummy.' :end. Thank you front, you grok that?" * nods * :) :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I concur yet could have seen it being presented in such a way that expounded on it so as to let everyone see it for what it was, is, will be. Sorry, I have trouble with the notion of censorship as much as the notion of hate. How is it exactly fair, just to sweep our dirty socks under the rug when company visits, just to make nice? Ain't that nearly the same kind of hate you're hiding, but only wearing a pretty frilly Sunday best dress? Awe, I'll hush a'fore I start making sense or hucking kindling together.

I think it's the same idiots who want to remove the confederate flag from ever being seen by anyone at any time in any location -- just act like that nastiness never happened. A HUGE swath of the 19th century, in which many fundamental principles of American law and justice first saw light.... just act like it ain't there. Fucking morons. I'm a southerner by birth, and I have no desire to celebrate what happened here, it was an atrocity any which way you look at it... but it needs to be REMEMBERED. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

I don't think that most who display the confederate flag are saying anything except "I'm a southerner, and proud of it." I'm sure there are plenty who are filled with hate for their fellow man, but I don't think it's the majority. Unfortunately it's once again the rule of the 10% -- you just can't rid of them or get away from them, and they always fuck it up for everyone.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyway... this is loads more fun than manually entering all the numbers in my auto-reject list on my old phone, into my new phone... but I ain't finished, got 37 more numbers to add. :headbang: If I had known that ZTE's Android flavor didn't have such a thing as an auto-reject list and I'd have to use an app and manually enter all the numbers, I think I'd have popped for the pricier Galaxy J7, so all this shit could be copied straight over. :mad:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's, dawn hasnt even cracked and im up already :( but that just means there will be naps today :giggle: Sometime well before midnight I was surfing Netflix and seen the had Avengers Civil War so turned that on, got real comfy in my recliner and thats it, dont even remember how the movie started :teehee:

About the KKK, they are the true definition of white trash.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
happy belated crimuth and impending new year, fugees! hope you are all well and mostly staying out of trouble-ish :)

with the lady wife back in school (doing a degree completion program) and me trying to run interference on life for her, so she can do what she has gotta do and work ramping up a bit, play time has been way too damn sporadic... have had some fun with the power supply/ vape station projects and still working on those, though

on a completely random note, had a question from someone with Augvape regarding new project they have in the works for a Merlin 22 RTA - 22mm dia, 40mm tall (without drip tip), 3.5ml juice capacity - and preferred aesthetics/ design - Lady Lucy, I recall you being a major merlin fan and was curious about your thoughts?

upload_2016-12-28_18-21-32-png.70053

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Clan predates the Civil War so not really modern.

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm a southerner by birth, and I have no desire to celebrate what happened here, it was an atrocity any which way you look at it... but it needs to be REMEMBERED.

Southerner by birth myself, rolled off an orange tree in Orlando Florida and plopped into the Atlantic Ocean swimming around up into the Gulf and coming back ashore to see Uncle Walt. This explains why I'm Goofy. :) Well, that and my mom taking drugs while pregnant with me, strontium 90, agent orange, Castro, Kennedy, ... .*wry grin* I am Southern though, born. I agreed history needs remembered lest it's repeated, yet here we go again it seems, each and every day. *sighs* Sometimes it's enough to see how a person could accept the song, Suicide Is Painless as a theme.

Then, you got dummies like me what get made of sterner stuff. We see it all, sigh, shake our heads and say, "well, piss" or "well, shit" and keep on keeping on. So, excuse me for dodging probably a bunch of more direct and more expounded on matters a bit. I can only hope it seems and keep faith in that. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Clan predates the Civil War so not really modern.

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

Yes, from my understanding of some of it, correct or incorrect as it might be, the Clan as you say comes partly from Scottish Free Masonry well before the civil war. My point was that hate such as is often associated with, about, around the clan continues in our "modern" world.

* pausing sigh * I think for myself, ... the frustration lies in any hate being given foothold. Once you realize that hate as base as such hate can be derives from fear of loss, it seems quite immature of human kind to still hold on to it when there is proof the myth of scarcity is false, proof the Universe, Earth provide well more than abundance for everyone equally.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, from my understanding of some of it, correct or incorrect as it might be, the Clan as you say comes partly from Scottish Free Masonry well before the civil war. My point was that hate such as is often associated with, about, around the clan continues in our "modern" world.
I doubt hate will be leaving the premises anytime soon.Luckily there is 1 thing more powerful than hate.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
happy belated crimuth and impending new year, fugees! hope you are all well and mostly staying out of trouble-ish :)

with the lady wife back in school (doing a degree completion program) and me trying to run interference on life for her, so she can do what she has gotta do and work ramping up a bit, play time has been way too damn sporadic... have had some fun with the power supply/ vape station projects and still working on those, though

on a completely random note, had a question from someone with Augvape regarding new project they have in the works for a Merlin 22 RTA - 22mm dia, 40mm tall (without drip tip), 3.5ml juice capacity - and preferred aesthetics/ design - Lady Lucy, I recall you being a major merlin fan and was curious about your thoughts?

upload_2016-12-28_18-21-32-png.70053

Hey Doc! Merry fucking hoho to you too! Nice to see you around here!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

* pausing sigh * I think for myself, ... the frustration lies in any hate being given foothold. Once you realize that hate as base as such hate can be derives from fear of loss, it seems quite immature of human kind to still hold on to it when there is proof the myth of scarcity is false, proof the Universe, Earth provide well more than abundance for everyone equally.

Well, except for intelligence. Nowadays that seems to be quite scarce, just look at our gov't.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

From where I sit it seems the clan is nothing more than a dead powerless group now. I know a few clan members in my day and they try hard to hold onto the old hatreds but times are just not with them anymore. They hate my point of view when I tell them we all bleed red and thats the only color that really matters.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually the clan began around 1865/66 as southerners protest to the Republicans reconstruction of the south. The civil war was from 1861 to 1865.

That was my understanding too. It was only later that it became a war on people of color; originally, it was a war on yankee carpetbaggers and scallawags. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors