Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
images.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
it wont hold up, you can't patent dimensions or sizing unless it is design specific, which hana mods are not, so they are being sued for implying the Hana when sold, that I can understand, why in gods name would any of the cloners want to copy the logo is beyond me, most logos and applied designs are crap anyways.. And Hana only has a trademark registered. They can sue, not a guaranteed win, and again, collecting is a whole nother story. Through all of this shit, I have come to the conclusion I will NEVER purchase Hana mods, I don't want to pay out the ass to support their trigger happy lawyer..

I want to pick up a bunchof hana branded box... do a circle slash over the logo and market it as the asshole box.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, that pic looks like my step dad in the 80s...Ill never forget how retarded he looked....hahahahahhaa

freshness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First off, I dont anybody has said that coping logo's and original designs is 'fair'. In fact, all I see written is that logo's, if original should be off limits and most would rather NOT have a copied logo if given the choice.

Second, as already pointed out, the most copied logo's on clones are already ripped logo's/designs! So, ripping off of a design is ok for the original mod maker, but not by China....?

You're failing to see that it's purely principle. I am not crying foul, more goes into these designs than just an engraving. I know it seems easy to make a mod but i'm telling you it's not at all, there are some people out there who are trying to be innovative. A friend of mine is trying to design a mod that doesn't utilize threads for the top and bottom cap, to eliminate any kind of interference with the voltage. Some poeple do research, and go through months and months of trial and error, before finding the perfect mod. Some people push the envelope, and do things differently, like Tarsius Customs creators of the 4Nine These people don't want to just make a design and get it out as fast as possible. They are dedicated to bringing out the best product out there, using the right materials, and eliminating voltage drops etc. Most of them are manufacturing in the USA, this doesn't make them cheap. They are then wholeselling to shops, who are placing that premium on their product. Until you are in the position of a mod-maker, who has put their blood, sweat and tears into bringing a product to market--only to get completely copied, don't assume that cloning is a good thing. It really isn't, but hey the cheaper prices benefit us, so who gives a fuck right?

Again, I'm trying to open some of your guys' minds up to at least admit that .00000001% of this that is unethical. For you all to keep going and say that this is all okay, need to wake up. None of these modders will ever be able to compete with China pricing, it's easy to say omg it's a $10 dollar tube. These dudes don't own CNC machines, they pay a company to do the run, who in turn has to pay their employees minimum wage or more to sit there and produce it. There are many underlying factors. Not to say that the prices of mods aren't bullshit in certain cases, I agree with you there, but NEVER will any of these companies get close to doing what China does. I know firsthand, and if you can't see that, you really need to think about this.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The trademarks on Superman and Kryptonite are probably unenforceable, and the words considered public domain, because they've entered ordinary English. Just like a hoover for a vacuum cleaner has become a common word.
Incorrect.. DC comics does enforce it.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Again, I can't sift through all of this, but that was not proper service for multiple reason, and it's not a felony or any crime at all to tear it up, as I said before they can do whatever they want with it. If the papers were drafted against the company, depending on how it is formed, I.e. Llc, DBA, INC. Etc... You have specific titles that your able to serve. Two, he didn't establish positive identity, so even if it was personally drafted for that individual, the video won't hold much water. That is furthered by the fact that service requires hand to hand contact, unless they refuse, you establish positive identity, and then there is a lengthy but doable procedure for service by refusal. It's a bitch to do, and even more annoying to write the affidavit if you serve by refusal, but by dropping it on the table, that is what they did. Additionally, I don't know those guys, but if they are at all affiliated, an interested party, they cannot serve the papers.

Again, I support clones and will one day have an authentic, I hope, and selling clones as authentic is fucked up, but this was nothing more than a song and dance. Virtually everything about that serve was improper, and though not illegal, makes the service null and void. There are TONS of little rules that get even more complicated depending on the type of paper, and if it's personal or a business, and essentially everything they did was wrong. It's a joke to serve someone, and do all that if it's not even proper service, which it wasn't. The one smart thing they did was record it, I record EVERYTHING, but in this case the video will benefit the Servee.

Also, you can cuss, ridicule, really say anything to the people you're serving. It's far from a productive first option, but when people do it to you and repeatedly dodge service, it's one of the few fun things about the job. I served tons of child support papers, and those pissed me off. I have too many crazy stories to even get into it, but after you realize that a situation has dissolved into only getting the serve done by refusal, I damn well would talk shit to child support people. I'd see they were 10's of thousands back due, and that is something I take seriously. I talked a ton of shit in that job.

Anybody know if those guys are related to the case? And I'll have to look it up, but a lot of states require you to be licensed bonded and insured to serve papers as well. That was a joke.

You worked for a court or some government agency, correct? This is not the same thing. A C&D is simply a letter from one company/person to another asking for a specific action to be stopped. There is no enforcement. No legality. It is a letter, plain and simple.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
isn't that kiefer's dad?

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
These are all assumptions, i'm just citing the same source that you used to make your point. You are welcome to disagree, I'm glad that you have a mind of your own unlike the 1000 other posts in here i've just read. In my personal opinion I feel that if law enforcement were involved these items would be deemed counterfeit. Those little swap meets selling the fake Louis Vuitton handbags and Nike shoes that are getting raided left and right are not selling clones, they're selling counterfeits. Everyone knows that they're fake, and still choose to buy the replicas. It's the same basic idea, I just fail to see why you've drawn the line where you have.

Sorry, just going from the same full source you listed..... and all three usages clearly involve deceit. It's simple really. Where no deceit exists, neither can defensible claims of counterfeiting. Call it a copy, a copy cat, a clone, a replica, a facsimile..... whatever, but it's time to stop using the word counterfeit just to try to elicit negative knee-jerk reactions in readers. I also appreciate a well-spoken opponent in a civil debate, but I'm sorry to say your argument hasn't swayed me in the least.

As for Nike, LV, etc..... they have deep pockets, hungry lawyers and most importantly, protected trademarks. They also produce more than enough goods so there are no waiting lists that go on for months, and artificial control of supply to drive demand wild. They produce so many goods in fact, that stock trickles down to outlet stores where deals hunters like me can find a bargain! Show me the authentic mod outlet store, and I'll promote the heck out of it!

freshness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, just going from the same full source you listed..... and all three usages clearly involve deceit. It's simple really. Where no deceit exists, neither can defensible claims of counterfeiting. Call it a copy, a copy cat, a clone, a replica, a facsimile..... whatever, but it's time to stop using the word counterfeit just to try to elicit negative knee-jerk reactions in readers. I also appreciate a well-spoken opponent in a civil debate, but I'm sorry to say your argument hasn't swayed me in the least.

As for Nike, LV, etc..... they have deep pockets, hungry lawyers and most importantly, protected trademarks. They also produce more than enough goods so there are no waiting lists that go on for months, and artificial control of supply to drive demand wild. They produce so many good in fact, that stock trickles down to outlet stores where deals hunters like me can find a bargain! Show me the authentic mod outlet store, and I'll promote the heck out of it!

www.vaporjoes.com :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I propose we start the mandatory useage of the term 'ish.
This mod is StingrayX'ish
These are Sony'ish batteries
My next door neighbor is Jew'ish
etc
discuss
now

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
see what I did there?

vapedick

Member For 4 Years

As for Nike, LV, etc..... they have deep pockets, hungry lawyers and most importantly, protected trademarks. They also produce more than enough goods so there are no waiting lists that go on for months, and artificial control of supply to drive demand wild. They produce so many goods in fact, that stock trickles down to outlet stores where deals hunters like me can find a bargain! Show me the authentic mod outlet store, and I'll promote the heck out of it!
The stuff at the outlet stores are cloned. Cheap copies of the better made stuff. Made by the same company specifically for the outlet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
clone noun (Concise Encyclopedia)
Population of genetically identical cells or organisms that originated from a single cell or organism by nonsexual methods. Cloning is fundamental to most living things, since the body cells of plants and animals are clones that come ultimately from a single fertilized egg. More narrowly, the term refers to an individual organism grown from a single body cell of its parent that is genetically identical to the parent. Cloning has been commonplace in horticulture since ancient times; many varieties of plants are cloned simply by obtaining cuttings of their leaves, stems, or roots and replanting them. The body cells of adult humans and other animals are routinely cultured as clones in the laboratory. Entire frogs and mice have been successfully cloned from embryonic cells. British researchers led by Ian Wilmut achieved the first success in cloning an adult mammal in 1996. Having already produced clones from sheep embryos, they were able to produce a lamb (Dolly) using DNA from an adult sheep. The practical applications of cloning are economically promising but philosophically unsettling.

freshness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
clone noun (Concise Encyclopedia)
Population of genetically identical cells or organisms that originated from a single cell or organism by nonsexual methods. Cloning is fundamental to most living things, since the body cells of plants and animals are clones that come ultimately from a single fertilized egg. More narrowly, the term refers to an individual organism grown from a single body cell of its parent that is genetically identical to the parent. Cloning has been commonplace in horticulture since ancient times; many varieties of plants are cloned simply by obtaining cuttings of their leaves, stems, or roots and replanting them. The body cells of adult humans and other animals are routinely cultured as clones in the laboratory. Entire frogs and mice have been successfully cloned from embryonic cells. British researchers led by Ian Wilmut achieved the first success in cloning an adult mammal in 1996. Having already produced clones from sheep embryos, they were able to produce a lamb (Dolly) using DNA from an adult sheep. The practical applications of cloning are economically promising but philosophically unsettling.

That settles it, from now on the term is now "replica".

I don't get why i've played devil's advovate here for so long. I hung out with the guys at the iJoy booth for awhile, they were super cool guys. We even exchanged info because he was wearing Gucci sneakers and I told him I get 50% off anything they sell, and could hook him up. Perhaps I should text him and ask what the deal is...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That settles it, from now on the term is now "replica".

I don't get why i've played devil's advovate here for so long. I hung out with the guys at the iJoy booth for awhile, they were super cool guys. We even exchanged info because he was wearing Gucci sneakers and I told him I get 50% off anything they sell, and could hook him up. Perhaps I should text him and ask what the deal is...
Please do or have him come here and explain what it was all about...we have pitch forks and torches... we need to be pointed in the right direction.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Again, they can say whatever the fuck they want, professional looking? Not in that situation, but there is no way a counter suit could be filed. It's all a joke. I will reiterate, though, that was not proper service and therefore it holds absolutely no water. No different than if they weren't served at all. And nothing occurred that would be verbal assault, they were just boneheads looking for attention.

Also, I just checked the state laws, since I thought it was in CA, and you have to be licensed bonded and insured to be a server there, so they can't even serve them properly if they wanted to. It's all a joke, and I still want to know if the "server" is affiliated with the issue, since that's one more thing that nullifies the serve.

I know I'm stuck on the serving, it's just that I know that job well, and I have my suspicions that these guys WERE interested parties. And again, they can't even serve in CA in the first place. NY and CA have some of the strictest requirements to serve papers. There was a huge issue with "sewer serving" in NYC specifically that changed a lot of things. People were just dropping papers, frequently in the sewer, and by the time a motion and citation for contempt was initiated, I.E. a court date, these people would have no idea that it existed, and have bench warrants. Fucking stupid.
Again.. It was a legal document and therefore didnt need a 'server'.. It was not 'served', it was 'delivered'. usually a C&D goes out by mail. this was all just some stupid BS by a bunch of guys who know nothing.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Again.. It was a legal document and therefore didnt need a 'server'.. It was not 'served', it was 'delivered'. usually a C&D goes out by mail. this was all just some stupid BS by a bunch of guys who know nothing.
I've no choice but to book you for extreme use of facts and logic *yellow card*.
Buy what you want, refuse to give a toss about what the egomaniacs have to say...vape with abandon. It's time to get on to more pressing matters, like for example........ehm.....anything else.

PAPAW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If this doesn't smack you in the face as counterfeit nothing will. No where do you see the word clone mentioned anywhere. It's the Kayfun Black edition. To add insult he lists all of Svoe's upgrades as his own. People, your being ripped off!!!! It's counterfeit. It called lying by omission.
Your buying a repackaged clone.

www.custommodcreation.com/shop/288/black-edition-kayfun-v3

BLACK EDITION FEATURES:
  • ADJUSTABLE 510 PIN CONNECTOR!

• IMPROVED METAL BOTTOM AIR FLOW CONTROL SYSTEM!

• LIFT UP AIR CHANNEL SCREW TO AVOID LEAKING FROM CHAMBER!

• UPGRADED STAINLESS STEEL!

• IMPROVED O RINGS AND DRIP TIP!

• COMES WITH CLEAR AND METAL TANKS!

freshness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Please do or have him come here and explain what it was all about...we have pitch forks and torches... we need to be pointed in the right direction.

I just texted him and made him aware that he's famous. Sent him the link to the page, we'll see what happens from here.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If this doesn't smack you in the face as counterfeit nothing will. No where do you see the word clone mentioned anywhere. It's the Kayfun Black edition. To add insult he lists all of Svoe's upgrades as his own. People, your being ripped off!!!! It's counterfeit. It called lying by omission.

BLACK EDITION FEATURES:

WHO FUCKING CARES??? Does it work, does it bring vaping satisfaction?? Get the sand out of your knickers already.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Och, I'm done with this thread. You lot enjoy the foreskin nibbling :)

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I swear I am reminded of the old battle between import and domestic cars...

Some people will waste valuable time of a short time on this earth to argue about clone vs. Authentic.... can I recommend maybe expanding your horizons? How about taking the time you waste worrying about this issue that serves no purpose and in the grand scheme means absolutely nothing, then apply that time to things like reading/education/self motivation/ masturbation at this point would be a better use of time....
Lets end this now-
Some feel its theft-
Some dont care-
Some think authentics are over priced-
Some feel you get what you pay for-
Some dont care as long its helping others quit smoking-
Some like me find themselves typing this same message every couple months and then deciding if you choose to stress over these issues you deserve what ever outcome you receive, its almost like politics at this point.
Clones (republicans) vs. Authentics (democrats) - they are both bowls of shit flinging shit at each other and accomplishing absolutely nothing.
Good day to you all!

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I disagree. All three of your usages, adjective, noun, and verb, clearly imply the idea that the copy is being passed off as authentic. When a clone is called a clone, the counterfeit argument falls apart. SAYING it's a copy means you're not counterfeiting (verb), promoting a counterfeit (noun) or pushing counterfeit merchandise (adjective).
Here's a little help for you guys that cant see the difference... Counterfeit, or clone?

https://www.factoryfive.com/

BuddJohnson

Member For 4 Years
To date, 30 000 views to this thread.
I think it's safe to say the intent of the ECC clone ban and 'bonus' video (protectionist schism) has backfired
At the end of the day... it's free advertising for Shenzen Ijoy.
I had never heard of them before. Now they are on the map in spades.
It would be interesting to see the hit counts on the Ijoy websites for these last 2 days !

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
at less than half the price, Im pretty sure people know its not a real Kayfun, but he should reword his item for sale.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know where you're going with this, but yes it's paid off. Again, i'm not crying foul, I have greater sources of income, but there are others involved in the trade who don't have the same luxury.
So if its paid off, why post it's cost and bitch you wont get your money back? Sell those chimneys for $5 and break even.. Simple.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shenzen Ijoy is a HUGE supplier in the vape world.

freshness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So if its paid off, why post it's cost and bitch you wont get your money back? Sell those chimneys for $5 and break even.. Simple.

FT sells them for 2 dollars, that's why. What's with your attitude buddy?

EDIT: I am texting the iJoy guy in the video right now, he's breaking down what happened through text. So far all he's said is that fat guy is a nobody and can suck his dick...more to follow.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've no choice but to book you for extreme use of facts and logic *yellow card*.
Buy what you want, refuse to give a toss about what the egomaniacs have to say...vape with abandon. It's time to get on to more pressing matters, like for example........ehm.....anything else.
Ya... BF4 calling my name.... Fuck the grass

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

BLACK EDITION FEATURES:

That was the other way around, BTW.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FT sells them for 2 dollars, that's why. What's with your attitude buddy?

EDIT: I am texting the iJoy guy in the video right now, he's breaking down what happened through text. So far all he's said is that fat guy is a nobody and can suck his dick...more to follow.
Sorry, not meaning to jack you up... But I have to say, there are many who are willing to buy them shipped from the States if they are actually less than $10. You could still sale them... Just saying.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Till the original manufacturers start do something about the clones like sue the clone makers. There Will always be clones.

For me still being a newbie if I was going to buy all authentic it would cost me about 350 total mod atty batt charger wire wicks. That just to get me started. That why I will end up buying clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
and just arrived here yesterday. this place is lousy with new arrivals just to post in this thread. amazing.

Bonus points awarded for nicely placed idiomatic use of the word "lousy"..... love it LOL

VU Sponsors