Become a Patron!

ECC BANS ALL CLONES FROM BEING SOLD

Zombiewoof

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"Element Mods has earned its way into the hearts of vapers worldwide" .....Who?........Geez I guess I don't know about every mod maker in the world.......But " Harry said, “Damascus is just so intriguing because of the way it looks and the patterns you can get out of it. " Who the hell is Harry? (please don't insert " You are, She is, I am jokes here ) I was just confused by the whole deal.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

The Liquid Chemist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe it's time for the clones to put on a show of their own? We can call it "Attack of the clones"
Lol great idea but that would be an out right trademark / copyright infringement.... ironic but likely stopped before it got started! I would go though!

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let's clone Vape and call it: Epav

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got an idea, the E-cig Clone Convention... call it the ECC for short. :p

Irony, the vaping ECC gathering is not the only nor the first convention with that initals.

The Emerald City Comicon is an annual comic book and pop culture convention that takes place in beautiful downtown Seattle, Washington. Started in 2003 and originally taking place at CenturyLink Stadium (formerly Qwest Field), ECCC changed venue to its current home at the Washington State Convention Center in 2008. In 2011, the show expanded to become a three-day event. 2012 marked the beginning of our second decade of existence.

http://emeraldcitycomicon.com/

BJ Lowry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not saying don't feed your son but come on you guys are in a position that people listen to you and to just tell people how great this shit coming from china is insane. I wish there were more unbiased opinions here but everyone seems to have their own agendas. Call me an elitist call me a prick. But I support small business I buy authentic and I make no money off of it.

Sorry, but when I watch side by side comparisons of Authentic Vs. Clones; the HIGHLY REPUTABLE individual picks apart every detail of both them, and then tallies up the score to unveil the fact that the CLONE was of higher quality and performance....yea...you lose here dude. And then to go even further to tell someone that because of a position they hold as a reviewer that they are obligated to pander to everyones desires? that is why its an SUBJECTIVE field, people like what they like. You ARE an Elistist prick, not because you support local businesses, NOT because you buy authentics, but because you seem to think that your overpriced shiny tube is better than anyone else's shiny tube. At the end of the day, thats all it is, a shiny tube. So just quit talking out of your ass, yea? Think you can manage that pumpkin?

Last edited:

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they will just remove the logos, like the chana mods are in the process of doing right now...
The Kr 454, does not have logos on the MOD, it is not branded. The Mod has nothing on it besides the Letters Kr, and the number 454. They can not trademark Kr and they can not trademark 454. There is nothing to protect. They screwed up.

A "cease and desist" letter is not a legal document. It can be used as evidence. It does not need to be served. It is just a letter. The post man can deliver it better. It should have been sent in email, where at least content and delivery could be confirmed.

Things that need to be served. A lawsuit in the form of a complaint. Responding to motions before the judge. A summons. There is no defined process for a cease and desist letter, except proof of delivery may be needed.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You worked for a court or some government agency, correct? This is not the same thing. A C&D is simply a letter from one company/person to another asking for a specific action to be stopped. There is no enforcement. No legality. It is a letter, plain and simple.
Actually, I was and am an independent contractor. When I served full time I contracted through a P.I. Company in order to get an extremely large amount of papers, and was paid by the serve. When I serve now for friends or family who are or know attorneys, I am still an independent contractor, I just get to charge more, since it all goes to me :).

I have never served a C&D letter, so I was simply explaining that this idiot did not properly serve anyone, and I just talked to an attorney in the family so I can get off this specific issue, and you are correct. That's probably why I never served one. They could be "served" but they are able to be sent in the mail, certified if you want. That further reinforces my point that these guys are idiots, and didn't serve anybody. That was really what I was trying to get across, if you couldn't tell. No service occurred, and those guys made asses out of themselves.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do some of these Authentic Mod/Atty/Etc makes understand that they're taking Names for their mods and not creating their own unique/one of a kind names...Cloning names for Authentic Mods/etc, I laughed so hard that I coughed up a clone of Papa Jons.

Nimbus-Cloned name
Nemesis- Cloned name
454 Big Block- Cloned name
Caravela- Cloned name
Panzer- Cloned name
I could go on and on...if you truly want to manufacture an Authentic mod, begin to seriously innovate in which could take you quite sometime to do so but instead they rush production to become rich vs becoming an innovation for the vaping community.

This shit is hilarious...We don't like Clones...Clones name for their mod...what I'm saying is that they Replicate a already known word for their Authentic mod in which so many other companies and what not use.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We've got vape bans happening all over the country, We've got states BANNING eliquid, We've got the FDA ready to hand the fucking vaping market to Big Tobacco, and now booth babes handing out dope candy and asshole mod makers with their lawyers serving legal papers at a FUCKING vape convention!

I'm more than a little pissed off at this shit. It's time to get some priorities in order. If the FDA and Big Tobacco get their way, no fucking mod maker will be able to make a mod without passing an expensive review. Doesn't matter if you make 100% authentic works of art, or mass produced clones. No ejuice company will be able to sell their ejiuce without an expensive FDA review.

And booth babes give out dope candy

Mod Makers and Lawyers threaten legal action at a vape convention

A major Vape convention tries to pull a fast one once they got the money: banning clone sales.

With this shit happening, the FDA will hand vaping over to Big Tobacco without a real fight. It's time for the vaping community to look at how our actions influence perception. If we don't manage how we are perceived, the government and Big Tobacco will.

/Rant Off/

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't write the dictionary, and apparently you didn't read it. Merriam Webster was abundantly clear about this. 'Counterfeit' implies an intent to defraud and or deceive. If no attempt to fool anyone is made, it's not counterfeiting.
The MOD is what is being talked about, not the person. You are trying to use a term perhaps like a Counterfeiter. The intent to deceive is proven, when you use someones else's trademark, name, exact fonts, on a device that looks similar. Its not confusing at all.

Counterfeiting is a different word than. A counterfeit object.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have smelt Agent Provocateurs within the vaping community long ago, this is all by design and you can't make this shit up nor is it a conspiracy.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually, I was and am an independent contractor. When I served full time I contracted through a P.I. Company in order to get an extremely large amount of papers, and was paid by the serve. When I serve now for friends or family who are or know attorneys, I am still an independent contractor, I just get to charge more, since it all goes to me :).

I have never served a C&D letter, so I was simply explaining that this idiot did not properly serve anyone, and I just talked to an attorney in the family so I can get off this specific issue, and you are correct. That's probably why I never served one. They could be "served" but they are able to be sent in the mail, certified if you want. That further reinforces my point that these guys are idiots, and didn't serve anybody. That was really what I was trying to get across, if you couldn't tell. No service occurred, and those guys made asses out of themselves.
Show your lawyer the video, ask them if its trade liable. It sure looks like they have a case against Kryptonite twits

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
We've got vape bans happening all over the country, We've got states BANNING eliquid, We've got the FDA ready to hand the fucking vaping market to Big Tobacco, and now booth babes handing out dope candy and asshole mod makers with their lawyers serving legal papers at a FUCKING vape convention!

I'm more than a little pissed off at this shit. It's time to get some priorities in order. If the FDA and Big Tobacco get their way, no fucking mod maker will be able to make a mod without passing an expensive review. Doesn't matter if you make 100% authentic works of art, or mass produced clones. No ejuice company will be able to sell their ejiuce without an expensive FDA review.

And booth babes give out dope candy

Mod Makers and Lawyers threaten legal action at a vape convention

A major Vape convention tries to pull a fast one once they got the money: banning clone sales.

With this shit happening, the FDA will hand vaping over to Big Tobacco without a real fight. It's time for the vaping community to look at how our actions influence perception. If we don't manage how we are perceived, the government and Big Tobacco will.

/Rant Off/
If I were better at the internets, I'd insert a slow clap .gif to you sir... That elaborates on my post earlier, quite a lot in fact... We are all vapers, and we have outside people in positions of power on the attack. Let's stop this fucking ridiculous in fighting, and band together. I haven't seen a thread nearly this long, especially this fast on anything regarding the potential laws that will hurt us all, and future individuals wishing to quit tobacco.

Let's get our priorities straight. Great post @Zamazam

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Kr 454, does not have logos on the MOD, it is not branded. The Mod has nothing on it besides the Letters Kr, and the number 454. They can not trademark Kr and they can not trademark 454. There is nothing to protect. They screwed up.

A "cease and desist" letter is not a legal document. It can be used as evidence. It does not need to be served. It is just a letter. The post man can deliver it better. It should have been sent in email, where at least content and delivery could be confirmed.

Things that need to be served. A lawsuit in the form of a complaint. Responding to motions before the judge. A summons. There is no defined process for a cease and desist letter, except proof of delivery may be needed.
you can trademark the letters and numbers, its cheaper that way and easier to get it registered (as opposed to registering a logo) I had a trademarked logo and name.. And yes, the CnD can be used as toilet paper if anyone so desires. hehehehe. When applying for a trademark, you have to specify what area you are going to use it in, so they most likely trademarked the letter number combo in the "fill in the blank" section. You can trademark, colors of your mark, design of your mark, black and white is cheapest, but to get all number letter combos, you have to register it in color, it costs around 700 bucks to get it done and filed, its up to you, to protect it. I had a girls website removed for using my trademark and registered name, after a few months went by, I felt bad for her and since she was not selling anything, i had my lawyer write her specific permission to use the name that was trademarked as long as she promised not to sell anything from her site. A year later, after she gained even more attention on her site, I lapsed my trademark and sent her the paperwork to claim it...she is a nice girl, and I was a nice guy.

Last edited:

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you can trademark the letters and numbers, its cheaper that way and easier to get it registered. And yes, the CnD can be used as toilet paper if anyone so desires. hehehehe.

Speakin of TeePee, can someone send some CnD...I prefer Same Day Delivery.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will only invest my money into Authentic Mod/etc manufacturers who follow ethical business practices, if I do research on the said company/ies and see shady shit goin and prices that are unethical...I avoid them.

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
Till the original manufacturers start do something about the clones like sue the clone makers. There Will always be clones.

For me still being a newbie if I was going to buy all authentic it would cost me about 350 total mod atty batt charger wire wicks. That just to get me started. That why I will end up buying clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could do it for $130 easy with authentics. Let's say $100, because you'd have to buy the battery, charger, wick and wire even for the clone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I were better at the internets, I'd insert a slow clap .gif to you sir... That elaborates on my post earlier, quite a lot in fact... We are all vapers, and we have outside people in positions of power on the attack. Let's stop this fucking ridiculous in fighting, and band together. I haven't seen a thread nearly this long, especially this fast on anything regarding the potential laws that will hurt us all, and future individuals wishing to quit tobacco.

Let's get our priorities straight. Great post @Zamazam
clap-slow-clap-the-most-interesting-man-dos-equis.gif

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could do it for $130 easy with authentics. Let's say $100, because you'd have to buy the battery, charger, wick and wire even for the clone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
I know I could. I was just using expensive stuff for an example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexander Knapp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I were to make penny clones in my CNC machine and then sell them for a penny each, would that be wrong? Of course modern pennies are not made of pure copper, so I can save some cash in the cloning. I'll make them less deeply engraved, would that help? Buy my clone pennies here for half the cost of an original penny!! :D I will be honest and let the customers know they are fake pennies. So if they wind up as change in someone's pocket, I will not be held responsible.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you can trademark the letters and numbers
Its not shown on the device as KR454 Big Block, or even just KR454. Its Kr in a black box, like a periodic table. Space then 454. They don't have a trademark on any of that. You can not trademark Kr, its an abbreviation at best.

I don't disagree with you. Just saying on this specific MOD, they have nothing they can protects as far as naming on the device. The shape is also generic. I looked at their metal tin they ship it in. Nothing on that to protect-able either.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how do you know they don't have a trademark? Did you pay to have it researched...it takes 1 to 3 weeks for an attorney to pull requests.....and a few hundred dollars. If they privatised their property claim you cant find it without an attorney....@tombaker you are talking out your ass again bro. Dont get me wrong, Im not saying they do, but they could have...

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Man, some of these vape shops and mod makers need to learn some web design. Sometimes feels like we're back in the angelfire and geocities days.

haha - I had web sites on both of those - they used to host your page for free...

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish I had the Capital and the knowledge to create my very own line of Mods that would only cost $20 each and this would include all the mods ranging from 14500/18350/18500/18650/26500/26650 and these mods would be created out of Stainless Steel with Silver Plated Copper among with high quality threading and etc. I would take upwards of 2 years to manufacture enough mods that would meet supply and demand for the first year while we continue to manufacture the mods.

This is my vision for the vaping community...these mods would have no logos/name and merely be Serial Numbered merely for batch/quality control/warranty claim.

Anyone wanna assist me with this, you wouldn't be making a huge profit but the profit you will be achieving is aiding those within the vaping community. Pretty much the profits would go directly for supply and demand and we would get a small amount of profit (think of it as spare money for gas or whatever...nothin major).

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
how do you know they don't have a trademark? Did you pay to have it researched...it takes 1 to 3 weeks for an attorney to pull requests.....and a few hundred dollars. If they privatised their property claim you cant find it without an attorney....@tombaker you are talking out your ass again bro.
or a para legal - they are cheap if you know one..

Alexander Knapp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is made from Damascus Steel. Try finding a sword made from it the price is just as much if not more.

I have a sword made out of Damascus Steel which was handmade which took several hours to do so and it only cost me $125 plus $40 international Shipping from a country I will not name here for the sake of politics.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
someone needs to download that video for file!!!

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I collect knives, Swords, and other Blades...you don't need to pay more then $300+ for High Quality Blades unless you're merely buying it for the Name vs the materials and craftsmanship. Majority of the Blades I have collected in my years have been Made to Order which took upwards of a month to get to me, I appreciate Ready to Ship Blades but yeah...

Alexander Knapp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a sword made out of Damascus Steel which was handmade which took several hours to do so and it only cost me $125 plus $40 international Shipping from a country I will not name here for the sake of politics.

Nice!! My swords are just standard steel Kit Rae swords 200 a pop.. I guess engraving has more to do with the price???

VU Sponsors