VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
11 bells and alls well. Nothing new to report here really. Still waiting for a few of my orders to trickle in. Fam and friends are all still healthy. Hubby will be home today for the weekend... We're getting a family takeout dinner for Easter and will be eating with the folks. They'll be at one end of the table, we'll be at the other. :rolleyes:

8 fatalities in my county...

93118450_3403717462978211_3937192014822506496_o.jpg

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
SSDD lather, rinse, repeat...

My wife went out to grocery shop this morning during senior hour. She needed to get the essentials, fresh veggies, bread, meat, and bourbon.:giggle:

In my county there have been 52 cases and 3 deaths. My wife and I are fine.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
22,783 cases here in Michigan with 1,281 deaths so far.
My county, Ingham County, has 239 cases with 3 deaths.

Wife and I are good tho. Safe. Healthy. We have food. And t.p. and other necessities.
Making due on very little income.

My knee is still the size of a grapefruit. I have a video appointment with my doctor on Monday for that.

Stay safe people.
Stay home.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Wife and I are good tho. Safe. Healthy. We have food. And t.p. and other necessities.

My knee is still the size of a grapefruit. I have a video appointment with my doctor on Monday for that.

Stay safe people.
Stay home.

I missed something. What did you do to your knee? Grapefruit size sounds bad. :(

I'm late checking in today. What a day it has been. I haven't said anything about this before, but day before yesterday I found out that one of my coworkers had a heart attack and passed away suddenly. He'd had one before, but it was well over 20 years ago, but still, he had that history. My entire department is in a panic trying to address the things he was working on when he passed, without any notes or documentation. He'd worked at home for 20 years and was very self-sufficient that entire time. Nice for him, but not great for us at this point. Anyway, it was a nose-to-the-grindstone day today for me and everyone else in my department, and us scattered across two states.

Got in touch with some of my extended family yesterday via FB. It was nice to get updates and hear how everyone is doing. If you've lost touch with your family, and they aren't a bunch of assholes, I recommend getting in touch! :teehee:

Both of us have been in the house all day today except for retrieving the mail and taking a bag of trash to the "center." Our county has these fenced-in areas with dumpsters in 'em, open from 7 am to 7 pm. I don't even know what to call them, but they are so much nicer than the dumpsters they used to have in random spots across the county. They are kept tidy and emptied regularly, so people don't decide to clean out their entire hoarded house and dump it all around the dumpster and in the weeds or in the road and make a huge godawful mess. Anyway, we're at home and doing fine.

Got some vape mail which made my evening, so the day is somewhat redeemed.

Hope you're all staying well and safe. I have watched no news today, so time to catch up.

Last I looked, about 4,500 cases in Virginia, with 121 deaths. One more case in my county, so 5. It can stop now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Bursitis in my left knee. Blew out the fluid sac below the knee cap.

It's happened a few times in the past.
Not very pleasant.

Dang. Will it heal or do you have to have surgery to remove it? Seems like I recall there are something like six bursae in each knee, and when they are damaged it hurts like a bitch. I dislocated my kneecap and pulled every ligament and tendon in that knee once, and it has never healed back like it was before that.

I hope you get better soon. Hope you can mostly stay off it, too. Does it help to immobilize as much as possible?

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang. Will it heal or do you have to have surgery to remove it? Seems like I recall there are something like six bursae in each knee, and when they are damaged it hurts like a bitch. I dislocated my kneecap and pulled every ligament and tendon in that knee once, and it has never healed back like it was before that.

I hope you get better soon. Hope you can mostly stay off it, too. Does it help to immobilize as much as possible?
Yeah it heals over time. Last time it happened I think I was given anti inflammatory meds and antibiotics.

Ive been keeping it elevated and icing it every couple hours.

I have Osgood schlatter disease in that knee, protruding knee bone below the cap, I think that attributes to frequent bursitis.

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Stay safe people.
Stay home.

wow-michigan is really a hot spot.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So I got bad news today. Me and my youngest son Toby were taking a nap and when we woke up his daddy was home. 3 confirmed cases at his job and they won’t close. So he came home. He’s talking about telling them he has to stay home and take care of Toby, his job will give him 2 weeks off for that but only give him 50% pay until he can figure out what to do. He contacted the owner of the entire company to tell him what happened and see where it goes. He called and texted all 3 of his bosses to tell them about needing to take care of Toby so he can get this 2 weeks to see what can be done without losing his job. They were all provided masks and only a small number of workers wear them. So, we’re at a loss. No idea what to do and no idea where this is gonna go. Hoping and praying to God that my husband hasn’t already contacted it so he doesn’t give it to Toby... I’m so scared right now.

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got bad news today. Me and my youngest son Toby were taking a nap and when we woke up his daddy was home. 3 confirmed cases at his job and they won’t close. So he came home. He’s talking about telling them he has to stay home and take care of Toby, his job will give him 2 weeks off for that but only give him 50% pay until he can figure out what to do. He contacted the owner of the entire company to tell him what happened and see where it goes. He called and texted all 3 of his bosses to tell them about needing to take care of Toby so he can get this 2 weeks to see what can be done without losing his job. They were all provided masks and only a small number of workers wear them. So, we’re at a loss. No idea what to do and no idea where this is gonna go. Hoping and praying to God that my husband hasn’t already contacted it so he doesn’t give it to Toby... I’m so scared right now.
Awww-to say that sucks doesn't quite feel like enough.:(

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Happy good Friday and Passover

Checking in... all good here

@Smigo the quercetin with zinc has really helped alot here, it may be worth a shot

Maybe give Quercetin a try. It’s worked really well for allergies that I just got this winter. It’s an herb, and there’s very few or no side effects. I wouldn’t tell you to try it, if I wasn’t taking it myself. :hug:
Thanks. Heard a few here mention it. I just looked it up and found a good place here for it.
Yeah, thats way too close to home. Really hope and pray you all stay well.

Same here where I am. Weather warnings here today with strong damaging winds.
Our toll here in Aus is still very very low, 53 nation wide. Then I see over where you all are and talk about mass burials so as to cope with the death toll and its like watching an end of time horror movie. I can't imagine the stress you all must be feelng, especially those of you like Amber and others where it's all around you. I look for words to say but none feel adequate.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Friday Check in. All clam here. Still gettin more cases in our area so stayin away from everyone. I am glad everyone is stayin safe in this mess.
Woke up this mornin with a brain busting headache but thankfully it's down to a mild roar. Everyone stay safe, stay healthy

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey folks, my son told me a while ago that a friend of his received his COVID relief payment from the IRS today. Any of you who are in rough shape with money, just hang on!!!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
still OK

i got my aussie stimulus payment of $750 from Scotty from Marketting (Scott Morrison, our PM) and was a good little citizen, spending it locally

(our manufacturing industry sucks, so $200 was fine single malt)

today, a medication shortage meant travelling to a bigger town. So I took the 15 minute pharmacy wait as a walk on the beach. Which was nice, despite stormy weather. First beach trip in 20 days!

glad missus cromwell is clear :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
still OK

i got my aussie stimulus payment of $750 from Scotty from Marketting (Scott Morrison, our PM) and was a good little citizen, spending it locally

(our manufacturing industry sucks, so $200 was fine single malt)

today, a medication shortage meant travelling to a bigger town. So I took the 15 minute pharmacy wait as a walk on the beach. Which was nice, despite stormy weather. First beach trip in 20 days!

glad missus cromwell is clear :)
Ex Missus :)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Stay safe people.
Stay home.

Hope your knee is okay!! Glad you’re doing well. Stay safe! :hug:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning VU!

upload_2020-4-11_6-12-26.png

65 new cases :|

Braved Costco after the wife came home from work. They allowed her to go in immediately without wait, but I had to brave the line... took 10 mins to join her.

But people are just stupid... every person that came within 6ft of me, I pretty much yelled at them... "Do you not know what the fuck distancing means?... Don't go full retard just cause you're impatient, fucking dumb ass."

Best yet... Telling people who are impatient, "Do you fucking drive on the left side of the road? Distance yourself and stop thinking of only you ya fucks"

Yeah, don't care, its been a long time since I've had my ass kicked, people need to be reminded just how stupid they are.

But over all it was an in and out affair and we are stocked again for another 8 weeks of essential foods and protein supplementation...

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

Wife is home, and already going stir crazy lol... is Monday here yet? ;)

She wants to drive to LA to check on her parents, I said..." FaceTime them"

They need to go shopping also... so we are recruiting family that is close to help out with that... just stupid for us to travel from San Diego to LA, if we have a cousin less than 5 miles from them... plus the whole $1000 fines out there for non-essential travelers... fuck that... you know how many Picos I can buy with 1000 bucks? lol

Anyhow, be safe everyone, seriously!

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning VU!

View attachment 158501

Braved Costco after the wife came home from work. They allowed her to go in immediately without wait, but I had to brave the line... took 10 mins to join her.

But people are just stupid... every person that came within 6ft of me, I pretty much yelled at them... "Do you not know what the fuck distancing means?... Don't go full retard just cause you're impatient, fucking dumb ass."

Best yet... Telling people who are impatient, "Do you fucking drive on the left side of the road? Distance yourself and stop thinking of only you ya fucks"

Yeah, don't care, its been a long time since I've had my ass kicked, people need to be reminded just how stupid they are.

But over all it was an in and out affair and we are stocked again for another 8 weeks of essential foods and protein supplementation...

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

They need to go shopping also... so we are recruiting family that is close to help out with that... just stupid for us to travel from San Diego to LA, if we have a cousin less than 5 miles from them... plus the whole $1000 fines out there for non-essential travelers... fuck that... you know how many Picos I can buy with 1000 bucks? lol

you gotta STOP hollering at peoples in public don....
ok I was NOT gonna do this..
yet YOU need help...
sooooooooooo
I hire you for my testing .....
here put this on...
social distancing DONE.jpg

and den try dat costco line again

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That does make is super scary. Every time hubby comes home I cringe... he's out there on the frontline and no matter how much I protect myself, he could easily bring it home to me. I make him wash his hands, strip his clothes straight into the washer, and get a shower as soon as he comes in the door.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That does make is super scary. Every time hubby comes home I cringe... he's out there on the frontline and no matter how much I protect myself, he could easily bring it home to me. I make him wash his hands, strip his clothes straight into the washer, and get a shower as soon as he comes in the door.
I should’ve been doing that... he works from morning to 2-3am. So when he gets home he just comes right to bed. We’re living with his parents right while we save for our own place again and my fil is coughing a lot today. So now I’m really getting worried. Hubby was coughing earlier today but said it was from sucking on a tum. I’m on high alert now and don’t know what to do. I think I’m going to make both of them get tested today. I really can’t chance my toddler getting it.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saturday check in: We're still in hiding but doin good. Be doin better if Huck picks me up on the way to misswish's house:) A burger sounds good. too bad I can't have it.:( Each day brings a new smile when I see everyone is doin well:D please keep it up.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Finally not SSDD. I left the homestead today for the first time in more than a week.

Needed to get more canned dog food so I ordered at Tractor Supply online and did curbside pickup. My youngest daughter lives in the same town as us and texted me that she made apple fritter muffins, banana bread, scones, and dark chocolate chip cookies and wanted to know if we wanted any. Well yeah, so we stopped at her house before going to Tractor Supply. I know, you aren't supposed to visit, but dang it this is family. We took our dog with us so we also decided to take her to the local wildlife refuge for a walk. We saw one person on our walk and kept our distance. Felt good to get out of the house.

Our county is at 59 cases and still 3 deaths. My wife and I are fine.

So the party is @misswish's house. What time? I'll bring wine. :vino:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well still here and everyone is still symptom free~! Worked my ass off in the backyard today for mental heath sanding filling cracks in the wood and painting the glider for the front porch. Gave it two coats of Custom Redwood Benjamin Moore Exterior Semi Gloss. Man it was a heck of a lot of hand sanding even using a belt sander.

I3I2UHawxzGXD_ATAAXfNZbkaPoKbJEztv4nEZABCaMFsfSXCDXnxw5f6ZfMxrrzl35Go_tBDr1dePP-N_GaA5XILfr5-Ry7TlCGtw2PNEQE7tlghOLZlWpLzo0PKHygr04uoDvPR5qvSjj4QCV8Ds2X--bjzopYVBgxquuTKG7GUPP9kVjcjUsKxg-sxrW0EtQ1KWkYFPXm1uGRDBUKDSJ7U5kkFs6URXJKvRhBumQWq-sFAQZ2qSLqggVvoBqrkrxVYby7wwNck8SGulacZoxNoVHpgUtozVOfyitCaf8ymPnASUfMGxHyWADA42XF0cPZrI7gKGoRRznjGscBvCgaJY--6IfsvIvlDVg2gU8Eh_QaYZIy0xQtQ_ur8H2vksTaZGPWboTJ9agrMeUAa1_4R8w0fmoD1kxziM30PD2C3Cjx7AohRqjpxq4vlORP_8xdGSVG7qTTCkC-gDoWcfI9FNVVA5AnZUXANszMG1IoBHlTk-EQxO6bZnc60q7U0PofTMqDBNDG8akAjngNM8xAD6z_vCz1sVntgsq_-rxGQ_hrb1oiAiS65-_zVWmtKiORB4zxLi-4htyJi2WwouLkMCN4pkMXFjX6G9bMqKgonczE4YeFAfVmEG51BBEntYzim8RnZ87W857MpfoeYqAatSkW_YVCdr48RljMjTMJfbq1odaSPtwssaK6zQ=w1008-h756-no

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Another of the same as every other day here. Dont know how many cases are in my town as they kept the first case secret for 3 weeks. When a health care worker leaked it the locals were, and justifiably so, not happy. Its been here though for several weeks.
Hope everyone else here is ok and stays that way too.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning VU!

View attachment 158501

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

Mechs...and Picos?

VU Sponsors