Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I woke up with a sore throat and cough the last few days, but I’m pretty sure it’s allergies.
But I took garlic :blech: and Zinc and Quercetin. It went away, which makes me think I suddenly have allergies.

I’m glad everyone is staying safe and healthy.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
still OK here

i don't think our fast approaching winter will be mild like the USA reportedly had this year :(

saw my neighbour's dog hugo this morning. Naturally couldn't cuddle him, with him on 3 ft lead. But he is cute. Pedigree maltese

went for about a 4km walk around suburbia

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I haven't even gotten to netflix yet.
In fact, I'm getting pretty good at this "laying around the house and not doing shit" thing.

If laying around were a sport I'd be in the Major Leagues by now.
If laying around were a job my employer would have to force me to take breaks.:bingo:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't even gotten to netflix yet.
In fact, I'm getting pretty good at this "laying around the house and not doing shit" thing.

If laying around were a sport I'd be in the Major Leagues by now.
If laying around were a job my employer would have to force me to take breaks.:bingo:
It's a crying shame that Competitive Napping never took off as an elite sport. I'd have all the best sponsorship deals

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Does anyone have any good Netflix suggestions? I just was able to sign in now, and I’m looking for a good crime series or maybe something paranormal like Stranger Times. Thanks!

Ozark
Rectify
Bloodline
Broadchurch
The Top of the Lake (this might be on Hulu, not sure)

I don't do paranormal, though.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ozark
Rectify
Bloodline
Broadchurch
The Top of the Lake (this might be on Hulu, not sure)

I don't do paranormal, though.

Thanks, Nada. I watched one Supernatural episode, that’s why I asked.

I’m watching an Icelandic murder mystery (Valhalla Murders) which is pretty good. It’s a detective/procedural crime type series.

I loved Broadchurch, btw!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Doing take out dinner today with the folks. Hope everyone has a healthy and blessed Easter!

Happy-Easter-2020.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A Safe and Healthy Easter to all~!

201601_0317_ghheh_sm.png

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy Easter VU!

All good in the neighborhood!

Was up at 2am local time to watch Pope Francis ;) on YouTube.

Wished my family a festive day in solitude and will be making breakfast after our 3-4 mile walk with the dogs. Thinking simple 2 egg, 1/2 Tefton Sausage and some Hatch Green Chili.

I do hope you all are healthy and stay as such.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Happy Easter Everyone!

We will be taking it easy today. My wife and I will watch a recording the Easter Vigil Mass from our church on FB in a bit. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter!

64 cases in my county and still just 3 deaths. My wife and I are still corona free.

Stay safe VU friends!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have spent some time this morning chatting with my kids on FB. They got started talking among themselves before I even woke up today!

Have two prescriptions I need to get from the pharmacy either today or tomorrow, and another Walmart pickup on Tuesday afternoon. Walmart is now offering appointments for pickup for more than just "today" and "tomorrow," so I was glad to be able to get a slot on Tuesday afternoon, just in time for cat food. We don't stock up a lot at once, and even when we do we cannot seem to think of everything, so that's why I have to get so many Walmart appointments. An hour after our last pickup, hubbs said "we'll be needing cat food soon," and I just threw up my hands.

Had to get on the Internet last night to help my oldest daughter find some TP. She had been to eight local stores and couldn't find any. All I was able to find were those big rolls that go into commercial dispensers. I ordered 12 of them for her, should last a while, even if they aren't what she prefers. I think some kinda paper is better than no paper at all.

One of the places she'd been while out was a CVS, to pick up a prescription. The person in line in front of her was raising hell because he'd driven across town to pick up his med and it wasn't ready. The clerk at the pharmacy counter stopped the guy mid-rant, told him that no more prescriptions were going to be ready for pickup for the rest of the weekend, that the pharmacist had had to leave work unexpectedly because his wife died of COVID that morning. She had only gone to the hospital one day previous, and was a young woman in her mid-30s.

Shocking reminder that we need to be gentle with each other these days. "The other guy," no matter who the other guy is, could be dealing with a world of shit.

So far, so good with us. Hope everyone here is safe and well, and staying at home whenever possible, and being creative about staying occupied and positive. Happy Easter to those who observe it.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good afternoon!

Checking in with a Happy Easter to all who celebrate. Mellow day....again.....

Only thing I’m doing today is my weekly unemployment and working on that Strawberry Creme Savers some more. Mr. Gypsy heading to a friends to fix his door and get some mice for our snake, Snakey. He/she is a live feeding snake and we haven’t been able to get any live mice...COVID19 has stopped live feeder sales in VA. Sorry if that grosses out anyone.....I’m used to it by now. Lol!

Love to all!!!:blowkiss:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Checking in

It's a beautiful day - gonna make a ham later on

Am going to do a little social distancing socializing with the lady in the yurt across the road from us

We used to always do a couple of hours of yoga in her yurt on Sunday mornings, but suspended that several weeks ago

We both miss it a lot, so agreed to have tea on her lanai today, just for the company. We will try social distance yoga once we get Mr Juicy Lucy's Covid test results. As long as it is negative of course, lol

He is mainly doing better, no fever at least. It was his birthday yesterday and kind of a drag

Interesting factoid - his brother's birthday is today. One day a year, they are both the same age

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:bunny:HAPPY EASTER VU FAMILY:bunny:

Easter day check in. All is pretty good here, I've had a headache for two days, today is the third, woke up this morning with sore throat and feelin like crap to go with the headache but no fever so hoping it's just a common cold. :facepalm:It feels strange to say I hope it's a cold:facepalm: but that beats havin the virus:eek:. Everyone have a wonderful Easter dinner and stay safe.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
:wave:Just hanging and perfecting lounging skills today.

Are you taking good notes? Please do, we all must share our notes so that all of us can get really super good at lounging.

Those people who cannot lounge instinctively just piss me off anyway. Like they've got places to be. Jeez! :crazy: :kickbutt:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Easter day check in. All is pretty good here, I've had a headache for two days, today is the third, woke up this morning with sore throat and feelin like crap to go with the headache but no fever so hoping it's just a common cold. :facepalm:It feels strange to say I hope it's a cold:facepalm: but that beats havin the virus:eek:. Everyone have a wonderful Easter dinner and stay safe.
Could not like that post Jimi. I hope it is maybe just spring allergies and sinus drainage, and not even a cold.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

You stay safe, Jimi, and if those symptoms don't settle, please contact your doctor.

Are you susceptible to seasonal allergies? I think the pollen and other junk in the air is what's been bothering me. I hope you're ok. :hug:

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My county has over 30,000 cases now and over 2,000 deaths. It’s gone up a lot just this week. Very scary.

But it’s same old here. Doing pretty good. Stay safe and healthy, y’all.
Holy shit. That's more than the whole state of Michigan has. We're up to 24,683 cases with 1,487 deaths. My county is at 250 with 3 deaths, but I think they are under reporting. Just a suspicion.

Stay safe over there! I hope you have face masks and hand sanitizer!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Holy shit. That's more than the whole state of Michigan has. We're up to 24,683 cases with 1,487 deaths. My county is at 250 with 3 deaths, but I think they are under reporting. Just a suspicion.

Thanks, Chain. The hospital a few towns over in my county is the worst hit hospital in NYC. I was only able to find out statistics this weekend, since they had them for the whole of NYC or state, but not my county.

Cases rose over 50% this week, and the deaths were up more than 250%!! It’s really freaking scary. I’m kinda afraid to go outside for anything.

Stay safe and healthy. :hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yep KY is getting close to 2000 cases with around 100 deaths.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, Chain. The hospital a few towns over in my county is the worst hit hospital in NYC. I was only able to find out statistics this weekend, since they had them for the whole of NYC or state, but not my county.

Cases rose over 50% this week, and the deaths were up more than 250%!! It’s really freaking scary. I’m kinda afraid to go outside for anything.

Stay safe and healthy. :hug:
Do your best to stay safe. Were are pulling for you.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@Rhianne not sure where you got that number from but you might be listening to incorrect info.

View attachment 158608

View attachment 158610

It was on the Weather app. I hope it’s overblown!! That’s a crazy number. I’ve been looking for Queens County statistics but not finding any. They’ll give NYC in general. Supposedly they’re so high here because of Elmhurst Hospital.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was on the Weather app. I hope it’s overblown!! That’s a crazy number. I’ve been looking for Queens County statistics but not finding any. They’ll give NYC in general. Supposedly they’re so high here because of Elmhurst Hospital.

You can't count the Hospital as your area because people are admitted from all over.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everywhere is an epicenter~! The freaking boats treated no cases and was a waste of money. They are just blowing it way out of proportion. There can't be 30K in Queens when all of NY State has 103K. I bet the 22K in Nassau includes all of the Northrop Hospitals~!

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bills are piling up....
Our utility bill is getting larger. Just over $500
I just got a text out of the blue from my friend Pastor G at the Nazarene church I belong to, they are paying that bill for my wife and I.

Im literally sitting here crying from the sheer act of kindness. What a blessing and what a huge help to my wife and I.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you got some help Chain.

Just checking in.
All still well on the home front. Lots of doing nothing today. One job I am good at. but no degree though.
Thanks Crom.
Funny thing is, I wasn't asking. He just randomly texted me. Asked how the wife and I were. Then asked about bills and how we were doing there. Told him we had made arrangements with the utilities, mortgage and car. He said the church would like to pay my utility bill. Pastor G does not take no for an answer. Very humbling.
Help comes when we aren't looking.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Crom.
Funny thing is, I wasn't asking. He just randomly texted me. Asked how the wife and I were. Then asked about bills and how we were doing there. Told him we had made arrangements with the utilities, mortgage and car. He said the church would like to pay my utility bill. Pastor G does not take no for an answer. Very humbling.
Help comes when we aren't looking.

Yep the wife and I both decided that our covid checks from the feds will just be held onto until some relative needs help.
But if they all turn out ok we will just give it to someone else in need. In any case the extra money is going to someone who really needs it.
We are very fortunate with only utilities and food and such costs and stable but very modest income. So the money would be nice I could buy stuff like tools that I could really use but peoples basic needs trump that.

Times like these we need to all help our fellow humans as best we can.

and I am not even a church goer or believe in such things. however there are many fine people who do go to church and believe.

Last edited:

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep the wife and I both decided that out covid checks from the feds will just be held onto until some relative needs help.
But if they all turn out ok we will just give it to someone else in need. In any case the extra money is going to someone who really needs it.
We are very fortunate with only utilities and food and such costs and stable but very modest income. So the money would be nice I could buy stuff like tools that I could really use but peoples basic needs trump that.

Times like these we need to all help our fellow humans as best we can.

and I am not even a church goer or believe in such things. however there are many fine people who do go to church and believe.
Very well said, and very thoughtful.
You're a stand up dude Crom.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bills are piling up....
Our utility bill is getting larger. Just over $500
I just got a text out of the blue from my friend Pastor G at the Nazarene church I belong to, they are paying that bill for my wife and I.

Im literally sitting here crying from the sheer act of kindness. What a blessing and what a huge help to my wife and I.

I love hearing something good happening to my friends in the midst of this crises:)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Same here today for us in our town. We get zero info on whats going on in it officially.
The Govt has extended the state of emergency for another month nation wide though.
In Tasmania 2 hospitals have been closed down for a full disinfect due to some unusual issue with multiple covid cases amongst the staff there.
My wife has a second uncle, I think thats what he is in relation, who died from covid in Melbourne, she just found out this morning. I cant recall him but she said I'd met him at a few of their huge family party's in the past. His two daughters though, one mid 30's the other around 40 got it as well and are critical fighting for their lives in intensive care. Both were well prior with no health issues. The poor mother must be in utter despair losing her husband and now the two only children in IC.
This is happening to thousands though the world over which is still hard to fathom.
Stay well everyone.

One of the places she'd been while out was a CVS, to pick up a prescription. The person in line in front of her was raising hell because he'd driven across town to pick up his med and it wasn't ready. The clerk at the pharmacy counter stopped the guy mid-rant, told him that no more prescriptions were going to be ready for pickup for the rest of the weekend, that the pharmacist had had to leave work unexpectedly because his wife died of COVID that morning. She had only gone to the hospital one day previous, and was a young woman in her mid-30s.

Shocking reminder that we need to be gentle with each other these days.
It's a reminder isn't to think before we speak and consider others. We all do it though at some time, speaking for myself here. Today unfortunately though there are no filters in many people's heads, and not many moral compasses left. (I need to check my own now and then to make sure its still pointing in the right direction)
When I started hospital visiting we were shown a great video, this one here. It drives home that think of others before you speak or act or judge. A reminder to us all.
Get your tissues ready.

VU Sponsors