Become a Patron!

DAEDALUS - Easy Clapton Coils for Everyone!

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all. I did not see a thread dedicated to this awesome creation so I decided to start one.

original-avidartisan-daedalus-alien-clapton.jpg

If you build coils and you do not already have one, it is the best investment you can make. I have been making my own coils for a long time but never really had any luck with clapton coils. (I am definitely not a really advanced coil maker!) Then I purchased this baby and immediately built some fused claptons with EASE!

This device is amazing!

If anyone else has used this device, please feel free to post below and tell everyone your experience with it.

Here is where I purchased mine: BE Vape Happy

Use RIPIT25 code for 25% off.

Happy Vaping Everyone!!!!
CV :)

A Quick Tutorial Video Below:

bmclaurin

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It took me a while to warm up to mine. At first, I was like, meh, I can do it faster the old fashioned way with my Makita. But after giving it a fair chance, I've really come around to it. For plain vanilla claptons and fused claptons with no more than 2 cores, it really works great. It still takes just a tad more setup time (especially the crappy "chuck" on the "drill" portion of the device) (I used quotes because it is neither a real chuck nor drill), but once you get it started, it is completely hands off and spins up a nearly perfect coil every time. And I usually use those few hands-off minutes while it's spinning up the coil to do other stuff (like prepping the atty for the coil or whatever). So, net-net, the Daedalus is actually a time saver. I use it all the time now.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The decent part is the spooler an rig that it sits on an does the wire feeding , other than that its a battery op drill , ive used mine several times simple to get going , can do more complicated builds with it but takes more time setting them all up , but other than that great device

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just built some triple core fused clapton wire for my Aromamizer Plus 30MM RDTA and it is vaping very nice at 120 watts. Specs on my new coils are as follows:

24 gauge nichrome cores (x3)
40 gauge kanthal wrap
each coil is 5 wraps around a 4MM pin
Comes in around 0.09 to 0.10 Ohms
Amazing flavor!

I also did a regular fused clapton build for my Aromamizer Supreme 25MM

24 gauge nichrome cores (x2)
40 gauge kanthal wrap
each coil is 5 wraps around a 3MM screwdriver
Comes in at about the same as above 0.09 to 0.11 Ohms
Vapes wonderfully at 75 watts

Never thought it could be so easy to wrap clapton coils! I just love the DAEDALUS!! Just wish the chuck on the drill was a little nicer (wobbles on mine) but it does the trick.

Happy Vaping!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's kind of interesting. It may not be for everyone but some folks might appreciate it. Not a perfect set up maybe but it looks like they did try to make a somewhat convenient tool with the included spooler, swivel etc. For people who don't have a drill or have a need for one outside of wrapping some coils, don't feel like sourcing out all the various parts and pieces it gets them started. That and powering it off 18650's which vapers are likely to have laying around anyway.

With the discount it's not too bad, at the listed $80 I think it's a bit overpriced for what it is. The wimpy 'drill' (compared to a quality real drill) is plenty for the application, for winding coils it doesn't need to have a lot of muscle or torque like full fledged drills do.

It would require some serious wire control but I'd almost be curious to see someone wind up a fused clapton like that with an air drill or something with some serious rpm's. Something like a cheap grizzly running 18,000 rpm. They'd have to call you DJ cause you'd be spinnin' that shit! lmao

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine for 35.00 USD at efuntop , they sell just the jig which is all you need apart from a drill , at various online places

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i got one of these a few days ago and i would say its pretty good for someone who doesnt want to learn how to build. it will get you fused claptons all day long, which are a very versatile coil and a good vape.

i was hoping the drill would either be quieter, or faster than it is. right now its not quiet enough to replace my quiet drill, and not fast enough to replace my fast one. i really like the shape of it though, and the switch/speed control, compared to normal drills. you can clamp it down and turn it on and let go of it. i have never 'needed' two hands to make wire before, but being able to let go of the drill might be a game changer. will need more experimentation to see if thats even an advantage or not.

the spool jig thing works exactly as intended. i made a short stretch of fused clapton with 40g wraps almost flawlessly (had to adjust the tension on the nut holding the spool down, which i did while it was running. the first half inch or so is a mess, the rest is perfect). i tried to make a much longer piece of clapton, to decore for a set of aliens. it was 18 inches long, a single 28g core. this was too long for the spool jig to make automatically. the wire started flopping around everywhere and i had to manually advance the jig to keep the tension, which ended up giving me some bad wraps (which you cant use for aliens, so this was all wasted time and wire). i realized after, that if the two pieces (drill and jig) were on an incline, with drill higher than jig, that it would probably work fine for a longer piece of wire. i will likely never use this piece again, but it works to make shorter strips of fused clapton, and seems to be able to at least do 40g wraps...probably smaller if you really dial in the spool tension and stuff...

in the end, the only piece i really like are the magic clapton tools. there are three of them, in 28, 26 and 24 gauge. they hold 3 cores perfectly for making aliens. they arent a whole lot better than a paper clip, key ring or whatever else we have come to use, but they are a slight improvement for sure. i have a feeling they will be able to do staples too...

so to conclude, i feel like this is perfect for someone who doesnt want to learn how to build, but wants a good vape. fused claptons are a good vape and you can get them for nothing with this thing. if someone got this and decided they wanted to try a harder build, or just manually building, the kit has a clamp and swivels...which is enough to be able to follow along with any youtube build video, and anything we talk about in the post your builds thread here on the forum. if you are already building, have a drill and swivels, then this kit doesnt have much to offer you...unless the you can see an application for the hands free drill or those magic clapton tools...

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love mine. Mostly do coils by hand but always use the drill for everything now. I use a lot of ribbon wire for claptons. Always use the c-clamp and the two swivels it came with. Used to never want to get my cordless big drill out to straiten one piece of wire just to rebuild wifes Melo 3 coils but since buying the kit the drill sits on desk and I now always straiten every piece of wire I use. Got 2 new chucks from china incase the chuck goes bonkers. Glad I bought it as it is one of the better things I have bought along the building journey t6he past couple years. CHEERS!

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
With it being so picky about the spools that you use, not even going to mess with it.

This is what stopped me from buying it. I ended up just using a drill.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what stopped me from buying it. I ended up just using a drill.
yeah with a drill and spinners takes me no time to spin up wire. Way to much fiddling and it being picky about the spools that you use is very bad design. Hell I have a fishing line spool holder that doesn't give a shit about the diameter of the spool you put on. It's called a conical holder with a spring ..........

mfawazs

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
This tool is fascinating :bliss:, I bought it 3 weeks back and since then I made like 100 clapton and fused clapton coils with different setups with no hussle at all like:
2X26 ni80 / 36 KA
3X28 KA / 40 ni80
26 ka / 36 ka
26 ni / 36 ka

Now I am spending some time to learn the hard build: the alien

Geekay Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just buy stuff, doubt I have the patience or skill to actually make my own claptons..

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got one yesterday. Today I realized all of my spools were too small to fit on the jig post. I got out my wire clippers and fixed that in a few minutes. Not a problem.

I just wrapped my first clapton, single 24/32 SS. Steam said 3mm id and 8 wraps would give .457 ohm. When I finally got it onto my Battlestar with Goon, it registered .45. I'm happy.

I have no inclination to pick up another hobby so this allows me to make enough coils for a month or two in a very short time. Then I can play my guitar instead, or torture the cat, whatever strikes my fancy.

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Question guys so I picked this up as well. My goal for the moment is to build triple core 26g x 36g claptons.

Anyone can help me tips on the triple core process? Do I put 3 wires in the the little hole 26g thingy and wrap all 3 ends of the wire on the fishing swivel?

What's an efficient way to make triple core that's tight and neat. I don't care for shortcuts if it makes the claptons uglier.

Thanks!

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
Question guys so I picked this up as well. My goal for the moment is to build triple core 26g x 36g claptons.

Anyone can help me tips on the triple core process? Do I put 3 wires in the the little hole 26g thingy and wrap all 3 ends of the wire on the fishing swivel?

What's an efficient way to make triple core that's tight and neat. I don't care for shortcuts if it makes the claptons uglier.

Thanks!

I saw ohmboyjosh using them in the chuck of the bit and it worked for him but their meant to be put on the wire to be held together, behind the wrap wire. I havent tried it yet, I've done 2 wire fused though...

fe91e71fce948196a43f14715c31d949.jpg
11ae48a40761f70ac0dea32ad4fbf242.jpg
5d58f8be383ba494d8de7d6d8c823e94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
Update: Did a fused 3-26/32 put the wire holder underneath the wire spool. Worked good but I ran the wires are too short and when I wrap them I messed up. Bunched up in the beginning but helped it along with my finger at first and came out nice. Forgot to take pics of coils in the boreas but they weren't pretty anyway lol. Lots of possibilities with the Daedalus once you find your best way of doing things....will try with swivel and clamp tomorrow.
f64cf6520561868cd1997266acffccee.jpg
af31b158e14cc8ac819d61d0962c53dd.jpg
ad194c66ff9e77fb0b8ea2722af660aa.jpg

37cbcdb3c28119532e2e74a0ab7f3925.jpg

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Update: Did a fused 3-26/32 put the wire holder underneath the wire spool. Worked good but I ran the wires are too short and when I wrap them I messed up. Bunched up in the beginning but helped it along with my finger at first and came out nice. Forgot to take pics of coils in the boreas but they weren't pretty anyway lol. Lots of possibilities with the Daedalus once you find your best way of doing things....will try with swivel and clamp tomorrow.
f64cf6520561868cd1997266acffccee.jpg
af31b158e14cc8ac819d61d0962c53dd.jpg
ad194c66ff9e77fb0b8ea2722af660aa.jpg

37cbcdb3c28119532e2e74a0ab7f3925.jpg

Ahh very nice bro! That's exactly what I like to see. Triple core fused claptons. Wire too short? Like you ran of wires on your top spool? Or did you cut your triple core too short?

Nifty idea with the tool under the jig. U think u can do the same with a 36/38 gauge spool on top? Will it still be smooth?

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
Ahh very nice bro! That's exactly what I like to see. Triple core fused claptons. Wire too short? Like you ran of wires on your top spool? Or did you cut your triple core too short?

Nifty idea with the tool under the jig. U think u can do the same with a 36/38 gauge spool on top? Will it still be smooth?

I cut the three core wires short to begin with which I was very pissed about but you gotta make lemonade out of lemons so I made 2- 4 (more like 3 1/2 can never tell how to count em) wrap coils on 3mm and spaced them out a bit.

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Lowest gauge wire I had was 32. I still had some twisting in the final wire but maybe the swivels would help? Or maybe hammering? I did untwist them with two flat pliers a.k.a. no teeth pliers but I'm not used to wrapping them so they came out pretty crappy with a twist on each coil, but fired even on heating up. Came out to .13 ohms, I wanted to be on the upper .2s or low .3s but it's still not a bad vape. 125 watts is what Im vaping at. Not bad at lower 75-100 but a bit warmer at 125, above that too warm for me.

EDIT: just saw you said 36 as core wires… The ones that come with it for the wires are 2426 and 28. I can try filling some smaller wires on the 28 too see if they'll hold tomorrow..crap another edit just remembered I don't have 36s but I'll try with 32's just to see if they hold....ANOTHER EDIT: did you mean 36 on the top spool? That would work fine.. too many beers I got confused
ec0d900df5d26180f7b27bab4ee904fb.jpg

I also did some 24 twisted wrapped and 36 but didn't make enough only one coil LOL that's the pic I have in my profile.

Last edited:

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I cut the three core wires short to begin with which I was very pissed about but you gotta make lemonade out of lemons so I made 2- 4 (more like 3 1/2 can never tell how to count em) wrap coils on 3mm and spaced them out a bit.

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Lowest gauge wire I had was 32. I still had some twisting in the final wire but maybe the swivels would help? Or maybe hammering? I did untwist them with two flat pliers a.k.a. no teeth pliers but I'm not used to wrapping them so they came out pretty crappy with a twist on each coil, but fired even on heating up. Came out to .13 ohms, I wanted to be on the upper .2s or low .3s but it's still not a bad vape. 125 watts is what Im vaping at. Not bad at lower 75-100 but a bit warmer at 125, above that too warm for me.

EDIT: just saw you said 36 as core wires… The ones that come with it for the wires are 2426 and 28. I can try filling some smaller wires on the 28 too see if they'll hold tomorrow..crap another edit just remembered I don't have 36s but I'll try with 32's just to see if they hold....ANOTHER EDIT: did you mean 36 on the top spool? That would work fine.. too many beers I got confused
ec0d900df5d26180f7b27bab4ee904fb.jpg

I also did some 24 twisted wrapped and 36 but didn't make enough only one coil LOL that's the pic I have in my profile.

Haha cheers mate. Enjoy ur beers.

Yea I meant 36 on the top spool. I want to go as high as possible. You think 26 x3 core with 36/38
Work fine with your technique?

How bout If I go as high as 40 guage on top spool? Thanks again playa

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
Haha cheers mate. Enjoy ur beers.

Yea I meant 36 on the top spool. I want to go as high as possible. You think 26 x3 core with 36/38
Work fine with your technique?

How bout If I go as high as 40 guage on top spool? Thanks again playa

I'm sure it would. My original post is 2-24/36 and it wrapped fine. I also started wrapping with a 38 and was going fine but ran out of it after 3 inches of wrap, didn't pay attention too excited to use it . I've heard that 40 is a bit tricky with ni80 & (maybe not sure) stainless because it's so thin and softer than kanthal but a lower speed on the drill and keeping an eye on your wire while its wrapping wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's the largest lightening vapes spool outer wire and kidney puncher outer wire spool that will work on this? Will 250 ft rolls of 38 ss316 or kanthal work or am I limited to 100 ft?

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What's the largest lightening vapes spool outer wire and kidney puncher outer wire spool that will work on this? Will 250 ft rolls of 38 ss316 or kanthal work or am I limited to 100 ft?
I am using 1000 foot spools from lightning vapes with no problems.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you. I bought a 250 to start. Pretty excited.

No Problem. I hope you enjoy it, I love mine. I keep making fused claptons for my tanks and rdas and they work awesome. 26 gauge nichrome cores and 38 gauge 316 SS wrap. Single 5 wrap coil with a 3mm inside diameter is 0.3 ohms and of course duals are 0.15 ohm. Both single and dual run great on mech mods and regulated mods alike. Been really liking my tube mech mods lately. :)

Happy Vaping!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No Problem. I hope you enjoy it, I love mine. I keep making fused claptons for my tanks and rdas and they work awesome. 26 gauge nichrome cores and 38 gauge 316 SS wrap. Single 5 wrap coil with a 3mm inside diameter is 0.3 ohms and of course duals are 0.15 ohm. Both single and dual run great on mech mods and regulated mods alike. Been really liking my tube mech mods lately. :)

Happy Vaping!
I bought the 38 SS316 but no nichrome. I will keep that in mind because I like Mech mod sometimes. Thanks. Can't wait to try fused ss316 in my tanks.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I can build fused claptons, no problem, but i cannot seem to be able to do triple core fused claptons. Wires keep bunching up on me. I've tried key rings, tape, paper clips, wire, piece of aluminum can raped around it. No matter what, they keep bunching up. Going as slow as possible but I still can't pull off this build. These are just fused claptons i build but i want to be able to do triple core. Is the taste improvement noticeable to warrant the trouble??? I would appreciate any suggestions.

IMG_0341.JPG-1.jpeg IMG_0332.JPG-2.jpeg

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the same problem as you. I have triple cores I've bought and I can't tell the difference. If there is one, it's pretty damn small.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have the same problem as you. I have triple cores I've bought and I can't tell the difference. If there is one, it's pretty damn small.
Thanks! I spent too much time trying to pull the triple core build, but if there's no difference in taste, why waste more time. Besides, i absolutely love the way my fused claptons taste, so.... why tinker with perfection! lol

tomczak215ii

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! I spent too much time trying to pull the triple core build, but if there's no difference in taste, why waste more time. Besides, i absolutely love the way my fused claptons taste, so.... why tinker with perfection! lol

I actually contacted the company about the three cores not fitting in them. Sent them a few emails and they say their sending me out new ones. I'll let you all know when I get the new ones if three cores fit into them.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I actually contacted the company about the three cores not fitting in them. Sent them a few emails and they say their sending me out new ones. I'll let you all know when I get the new ones if three cores fit into them.

Thats another thing i'm worried about with triple core claptons. I have a 15mm 2 post Kennedy and a recoil. My 24/36 fused Claptons have a pretty snug fit. I don't know how well of if triple cores will fit. I know they fit on Goon style flat deck.

Supercwazy

Member For 4 Years
Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting the daedalus but just a few things I'm curious about.

I notice that most of you are making fused claptons, but how well would it work for aliens?

Once I have my decored clapton wire, could I just feed it into the chuck by hand? Or do I have to use the spool jig?

Also, how powerful is the drill? Will straightening thicker, low guage wire be a problem? Does the drill feel like it will last, or is it cheaply made?

Apologies for so many questions guys, I just wana make sure if this kit is really for me.

Your feedback will really be appreciated.

Thanks

tomczak215ii

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No worries about the questions. The tools that come in the kit are helpful. The drill is slow even at it's fast speed. The drill chick needs a lot of work to be very user friendly. The reason being the way it the chuck opens and closes is almost two hand operating. So when you have a few wires it can be a pain. Easiest way is to take the chuck off and insert your wire that way.

Supercwazy

Member For 4 Years
No worries about the questions. The tools that come in the kit are helpful. The drill is slow even at it's fast speed. The drill chick needs a lot of work to be very user friendly. The reason being the way it the chuck opens and closes is almost two hand operating. So when you have a few wires it can be a pain. Easiest way is to take the chuck off and insert your wire that way.

Thanks Tom.

So would you recommend it for making alien wire, which requires 3 core wires, or would I be better off using a proper hand drill?

I want to make nichrome alien wire with 3 × 30 awg core, claptoned with 37 awg.

I read somewhere in this thread that the daedalus manufacturers were sending one of the guys an improved version of it, so if it can't handle alien coils comfortably, perhaps I'll wait a while till the new ones are easily available.

Do you recommend it for the aliens I want to make?

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years
I haven't made aliens with it yet but the daedalus drill will handle lower ga wire. I've twisted/straightened 22ga with it fine. The daedalus comes with 3 metal pieces for holding the wire together but are sizes 24,26, and 28 ga. For aliens you couldnt use the included jig, there's a video online that shows how they do aliens with it using the daedalus drill, clamp, little piece of metal to hold wire togeter, and the outer wire they used their hand. If you're comfortable with a regular drill then use on imo. I bought this for the ease of making claptons since I didn't have any tools except for an old ass drill.

If you order it from fastech its significantly cheaper but will have to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery since its coming from China.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting the daedalus but just a few things I'm curious about.

I notice that most of you are making fused claptons, but how well would it work for aliens?

Once I have my decored clapton wire, could I just feed it into the chuck by hand? Or do I have to use the spool jig?

Also, how powerful is the drill? Will straightening thicker, low guage wire be a problem? Does the drill feel like it will last, or is it cheaply made?

Apologies for so many questions guys, I just wana make sure if this kit is really for me.

Your feedback will really be appreciated.

Thanks
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you can make aliens with the daedalus jig. You can make the clapton wrap for the alien, but then you have to wrap the clapton by hand. However, If you are planning to eventually attempt builds that are more complex than your fused claptons, i would suggest you don't buy a jig. Instead, get good at making claptons and fused claptons by hand, that way it won't be too difficult to start building more complex builds that cannot be made with a jig since, by then, you would have mastered the hand made clapton, assuming you haven't done so already. I make my fused claptons by hand and I'm still trying to master the alien and triple cores. But in the beginning, when i started to build, i was tempted to buy the deadalus. But when they stoped selling the jig by itself, since i own a drill, the price discouraged me. Now, i'm glad that I didn't buy it, since now, I have the fused clapton skill under my belt and can hopefully move up to more complex builds with less difficulty. As for the time, I build them pretty quickly. I don't think the jig would save me any time. However, If you just want to build for practical purposes, that is, to get a flavorful coil that will bring out all the complexities of your expensive e-juice, and you haven't mastered the fused clapton, then do invest in the deadalus jig. You'll be able to make fused claptons fast and easy and move on to enjoying your vape. After all, the alien and other fancy builds are not noticeably more flavorful. The fused clapton will, in my opinion, give you the best flavor. But if you want to build for the sheer creativity of making something awesome to look at, if you want to create works of art like the fellows that have posted their builds on this site, then, in my opinion, learn to do these simple builds by hand, since there is no jig that will build those masterpieces. I personally love looking at fancy coil builds. The shape, the colors, the perfect patterns, the different types of decks, they look like something made in another planet. Out of this world man! Coil building, in every sense of the word, has become an art form, and if you want to master it, you can't take shortcuts. Theirs no easy road to getting there.

Last edited:

Supercwazy

Member For 4 Years
This is exactly what I needed to hear.

Thanks a lot guys, this information helps me big time!

I'm really considering getting the daedalus from fasttech. Its around $44 at the moment. But I might wait a bit till their independence day sale and score it for an even $40 :) hehe.

In the meanwhile though, I wana start building using a drill because ultimately, I do wana make my own aliens, and some coil porn kinda stuff too :) hehe. Well, if I get good at it, I might not even need the daedalus.

One more thing I wana ask please guys. I also have an old ass drill and I doubt it will grip such thin wire.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a suitable drill at a good price?

Sorry, one last thing, is it possible to make a fused clapton with three core wires, on the daedalus? I know guys were having issues with it, but is it possible?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Kennedyhexohmfan is spot on. If you want to make dual core claptons quickly, the Daedalus does it. For me, it's easier and quicker to use than hauling out the drill and clamps and setting them up. I'll make enough for 2-3 coils which has allowed me to try different configurations. I've never tried anything above a 3 core clapton, so I can't say if they're worth doing for the flavor factor. I may buy some Aliens soon though just to see.

I've tried a few times to make 3 core and used the little cylinders they provide, but I can't keep them in line. I've tried making them the regular way but I can't see shit above 32 gauge wire.

Supercwazy

Member For 4 Years
I think Kennedyhexohmfan is spot on. If you want to make dual core claptons quickly, the Daedalus does it. For me, it's easier and quicker to use than hauling out the drill and clamps and setting them up. I'll make enough for 2-3 coils which has allowed me to try different configurations. I've never tried anything above a 3 core clapton, so I can't say if they're worth doing for the flavor factor. I may buy some Aliens soon though just to see.

I've tried a few times to make 3 core and used the little cylinders they provide, but I can't keep them in line. I've tried making them the regular way but I can't see shit above 32 gauge wire.
You have to try aliens bud, they changed my vaping game completely.

I'm currently running a nichrome tri alien micro coil, 3×29g / 36g which measures at 0.45 ohms, and it's the coolest most flavourful vape I've ever had.

I run it in single coil on my tm2. I don't like duals cos I try to chase the coolest vape I can get.

Its the one thing I didn't like much about the claptons and fused claptons I tried before, the vape was too warm for me, but I think that has a lot to do with the way they were made, and those were made from ss316.

These nichrome aliens have ruined me in a way, hehe. Any other wire I tried vaping on after these just disappoints me. Those waves on the alien coils actually make a huge difference. They don't gunk up too easily and they last a really long time. Just dry burn and they're good as new again.

I'm hoping for some positive feedback about using three core wires on the daedalus but so far, seems like no one has had any luck yet.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot to mention that I was able to make 2 core space claptons in preparation for a staggered coil. However, I couldn't get the wrap to work properly. It doesn't mean it can't be done, I just haven't tried again. I did try doing the wrap by hand but that takes some practice. Or these.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have to try aliens bud, they changed my vaping game completely.

I'm currently running a nichrome tri alien micro coil, 3×29g / 36g which measures at 0.45 ohms, and it's the coolest most flavourful vape I've ever had.

I run it in single coil on my tm2. I don't like duals cos I try to chase the coolest vape I can get.

Its the one thing I didn't like much about the claptons and fused claptons I tried before, the vape was too warm for me, but I think that has a lot to do with the way they were made, and those were made from ss316.

These nichrome aliens have ruined me in a way, hehe. Any other wire I tried vaping on after these just disappoints me. Those waves on the alien coils actually make a huge difference. They don't gunk up too easily and they last a really long time. Just dry burn and they're good as new again.

I'm hoping for some positive feedback about using three core wires on the daedalus but so far, seems like no one has had any luck yet.

Ok, I will. I just found a company that'll ship them to me.

Here's a great video showing the Beadlon spool tamer in action.

Supercwazy

Member For 4 Years
I forgot to mention that I was able to make 2 core space claptons in preparation for a staggered coil. However, I couldn't get the wrap to work properly. It doesn't mean it can't be done, I just haven't tried again. I did try doing the wrap by hand but that takes some practice. Or these.

Aah cool bud, I haven't really looked into making staggertons and the like thereof yet, but they look quite complex to build hey.

I actually just downloaded some tutorials last might which I still need to watch.

Would like to see the coils you're talking about but the pic you uploaded isn't showing for some reason though.

Supercwazy

Member For 4 Years
Ok, I will. I just found a company that'll ship them to me.

Here's a great video showing the Beadlon spool tamer in action.

Cool bud, just make sure it's proper aliens you're buying because the Chinese call them aliens when they're actually flaptons, hehe. So just a heads up.

Thanks for the vid man, but I'll have to watch it later. Gotta run now. 8.40AM over here and I've been up all night lol.

VU Sponsors