Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As far as I know I won't be working Thanksgiving but who knows. Being the new kid on the block that could change. I'm not planning anything more than a cheat day for me/hubs. Nothing spectacular but we (hubs and I) will share our mini feast together. I was invited to SW MO for a family event. However, that is 632 miles (one way) and I'm not up to the drive or flying. I told my brothers I would meet them halfway (like Springfield IL) but so far they think I should drive the whole distance (I'm bucky and I feel the meet halfway is fair). It's actually more than halfway on my part. I haven't seen them since my mom's death in 2008 and if they are not willing to meet up-I'll probably never see them.
I hope it turns out that you won't have to work. But yeah, I know all too well about being the new kid. Well, your pizza, fries and cherry pie sounds like a winner to me, don't matter what one has on Thanksgiving, it's the person or family that you're with matters :) :inlove: .
Yeah, that is a bunch of bs. Sorry, :( they won't meet up with you. Hopefully, it won't turn out with you never seeing them, that would be really sad :cry: . Maybe, next year they will come to their senses.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope it turns out that you won't have to work. But yeah, I know all too well about being the new kid. Well, your pizza, fries and cherry pie sounds like a winner to me, don't matter what one has on Thanksgiving, it's the person or family that you're with matters :) :inlove: .
Yeah, that is a bunch of bs. Sorry, :( they won't meet up with you. Hopefully, it won't turn out with you never seeing them, that would be really sad :cry: . Maybe, next year they will come to their senses.
It's okay. I'm not going to knuckle under and drive. They are in perfect health so I suppose they will never meet halfway. I'm good with that since I don't have to worry about any stressors. I have a brother in law in Australia that wants us to visit him. LOL I don't think so. However, he will pay for tickets but hubs said no due to health issues.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't feel too bad. Our dogs cannot get pizza trees to grow here in WV,
nor puperoni, er pepperoni vines.

Get you some yarrow and coltsfoot. The coltsfoot is what tussin comes
from, or is synthesized out, it's the basis of stuff like Robotussin.
Yarrow will help any fever lower as well help clean the blood. Yarrow
is also good help for menstruation, but that aside it's also good for
fevers.

You'll need to shave coltsfoot leaves. Dry the yarrow stems, leaves and
all. Crush dried yarrow and coltsfoot, mix together in equal portions.
Drink a hot, not boiling cup of tea of this up to four times daily, add
honey to taste.

The yarrow might taste lemony, or bitter. Coltsfoot well, it tastes of
the tussin which can be nasty. Might want to add a nettle crushed in
as well to help respiration. Keep it all equal proportions. Use about 1 to 2
teaspoons of the powder mix per cup of tea. More or less depending what
your body tells you.:)

You might even find a similar mix already made up at a local apothecary, back
to nature retailer, shaman. Wife has some "sniffle" tea she picked up somewhere
that really helps. Nettle, yarrow are some of the ingredients, a bit of
ginger, sage as well.

Coltsfoot is an expectorant. You'll hock all that lovely slime out. This
is not medical advice by any means, only herbal remedy from past self
experience, from an herbal medicine book.

The book was called Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss. Google books lists two printings, one in 1958, one in 1939. I had a copy of one of the first printings, at least think it was first, back in 1930. There is also The Back To Eden Cookbook, and by Kloss.

Kloss had back in the 1920s to 1930s gotten fed up with modern medicine not working. He then took an adventure to gather up all the knowledge he could relating to herbalism, folk medicine, old wives tales relating to medicine and treating ailments.
That's great information, thank you Mist but my main problem is that I sweat uncontrollably through the night, It's a drug reaction from one of the cancer drugs I took before I woke up:(. I usually have to get up from one to three times through the night to change clothes and bedding. When I wake each of these times I am dripping wet as if I got into the shower with my clothes on:eek:. I wake up wet and freezing each time and that keep me having this cold:eek:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That's great information, thank you Mist but my main problem is that I sweat uncontrollably through the night, It's a drug reaction from one of the cancer drugs I took before I woke up:(. I usually have to get up from one to three times through the night to change clothes and bedding. When I wake each of these times I am dripping wet as if I got into the shower with my clothes on:eek:. I wake up wet and freezing each time and that keep me having this cold:eek:

Hi Jimi-
I hope you and Jean are having a good night!

:wave:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
HiYa Snap
Doing pretty good today, starting to get over this clod a little and Jean's doing great, thank you for asking my friend:hug:
How are you and Clif doing, are you all ready for thanksgiving?

Glad to hear that you are both doing Ok-
Yes Clif and I are doing great- yes our big family all coming to my house for Thanksgiving dinner- turkey and all the trimmings!

:hug:

VU Sponsors