Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aww, thank you. Yes, it’s been a crappy few weeks, with one thing and another! I’m just a chilling out, nothing major. We’ll be having a late dinner, maybe some wine, and cake (yay). We don’t have a whole cake, but the hubs brought home a few pieces of Tiramisu, so it’s really nice.

Thanks for the good thoughts! :hug::hug:
You're welcome :) . I'm hoping this will be a new beginning with only good things coming your way :inlove: . Sounds like a great evening, I hope it was :hug::hug:
Van Morrison - - Brown Eyed Girl.

Hey, MG fam. Everyone have a great night, sleep tight and sweet dreams. Hugs and love to you all.
Girls Like You...by Moroon 5
Thank you :) Hope you sleep well tonight and have Sweet Dreams. Love you, Rhianne :hug:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Want to share something a bit different.

I recall going out and helping Amish as a child to build a barn and settle a grain silo. The ladies would come and sing like this in the silos. This couple has a bit of a homesteading channel on youtube as well. They make it clear they're not Amish, not Jewish and really not any denomination of Christian. He explains that they're Christian simply in the sense they follow what Christ taught. Check out Smells Like Reign on youtube for more of her singing.

Nope, I'm still not Christian. I'm Agnostic and likely will be even into death. Yes, I went to Mennonite Bible school and was being brought up to be a Brother in that faith. Yes, I am also welcomed as a Brother in the Baptist faith. I've not though been baptized into any faith. This does not mean one cannot appreciate, respect, honor the beauty, joy, and dulcet singing of someone in any faith. I would be proud having this couple and their family as friends. :) They are genuinely good people. :)

One thing I will note, and if you've read Anne rice you'll understand why I see it as such, silo singing strikes me as a form of witchcraft. One of Rice's characters makes the inference that magic is magic no matter the wrapper draped over it. My seeing it such a way is not intended disrespectfully or in any means as disparaging. It's merely an observation from someone who does have some validation for observing it.

Hope the song was enjoyed. :) *big gnomish yawn and wolf-man stretching and shaking out* Well, reckon I ought to rack out. Got a busy day tomorrow. Y'all run 'er slow.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Girl'ds Got Rythm - AC/DC

So yeah, now redeem soul for Hell by playing this one. *chuckles* Bah! A spade a spade, a cigar a cigar. Music is music. If you can't enjoy it all you may as well enjoy none, and at times yes, I do enjoy none. The path I walk follows balance. That a problem for any they can lump it, not asking permission. :)

"Roger that, "stuff" to do. All is five by five, good to go. Run 'er slow."

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
75328a2c796542628f30bfcaf6a36245.jpg
MyMagicMist, Snap, Pockets, Jimi, Rhianne, Bella, Artemis and all who pass through :wave: :coffee2::coffee2:

:bliss: It was so nice smelling the rain and hearing pitter patter of it hitting the roof. Though, the doggies don't like it :(
Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day :hug::blowkiss::hug:

Last edited:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
75328a2c796542628f30bfcaf6a36245.jpg
MyMagicMist, Snap, Pockets, Jimi, Rhianne, Bella, Artemis and all who pass through :wave: :coffee2::coffee2:

:bliss: It was so nice smelling the rain and hearing pitter patter of it hitting the roof. Though, the doggies don't like it :(
Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day :hug::blowkiss::hug:
Good morning! Doing laundry and the usual chores (cleaning up after cats). First day of on the floor orientation today. I know its gonna suck but I know that before hand. I keep thinking the 5 miles drive will make me happy. Last year I was driving 28.6 miles country roads in the snow storms. My whole day was shot.. one hour to drive to work-then 9-10 hours of work and then the one hour drive back home.

I'm officially done with prednisone. Yippee! Next week I'll do labs to make sure I'm still in remission. The whole out of remission was largely my fault. I thought I could go off meds and it would magically disappear (the AIH). Sadly, its meds for the rest of my life. I'm not brave enough to try alternative medicine at this time.

I am also planning a cheat day or meal to reset my weight loss. I'm thinking Thanksgiving. However, no turkey for me. I'm planning pizza, french fries and cherry pie. :)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Good afternoon music game family:wave:
How's everyone doin today?
Been lookin for good organic sweet potatoes, everywhere we went was out or just gave us a stupid look:rolleyes:
Gonna get a few extra for sweet potato fries:bliss:

Hi Jimi-
I am doing OK!
How are you doing- I hope you are feeling better!

:hug:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been lookin for good organic sweet potatoes, everywhere we went was out or just gave us a stupid look:rolleyes:
I love the waffle fries. Hubs hates them.
I wish I could grow them but they do not grow well in the North.
I hope you and Jean are well. Take care!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Girl'ds Got Rythm - AC/DC

So yeah, now redeem soul for Hell by playing this one. *chuckles* Bah! A spade a spade, a cigar a cigar. Music is music. If you can't enjoy it all you may as well enjoy none, and at times yes, I do enjoy none. The path I walk follows balance. That a problem for any they can lump it, not asking permission. :)

"Roger that, "stuff" to do. All is five by five, good to go. Run 'er slow."

But it’s Bon!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Hey ho, Jimi. Sweet potato fries are yummy! I’m wiped, but my cold is easing off. :yay: How’re you doing? Have a great afternoon, and I’ll see y’all in a bit. :hug::hug:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love the waffle fries. Hubs hates them.
I wish I could grow them but they do not grow well in the North.
I hope you and Jean are well. Take care!
I love about any potatoesy type of thing:rolleyes: and waffle fries sound delicious:), I like sweet tader fries though;)
They grow pretty good around here, buddy of mine grew er one year and he had one that weighed over 7 pounds,:huh: of coarse we all gooned him and said he musta used GMO's:giggle:, he's an organic farmer too:rolleyes:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey ho, Jimi. Sweet potato fries are yummy! I’m wiped, but my cold is easing off. :yay: How’re you doing? Have a great afternoon, and I’ll see y’all in a bit. :hug::hug:
Hi Rhianne, They are delicious:bliss: and a real treat to me. This cold that's goin around is a nasty little bugger, hope it goes away soon for you my friend:). Mine is startin to go away:D, I fight with being wet and cold every morning makes mine last longer:eek::eek:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Rhianne, They are delicious:bliss: and a real treat to me. This cold that's goin around is a nasty little bugger, hope it goes away soon for you my friend:). Mine is startin to go away:D, I fight with being wet and cold every morning makes mine last longer:eek::eek:

Hey, Jimi. Yep this cold is a bad ‘un! It’s coming and going, making me think it’s going away, then I start sneezing again and can’t breathe!!
Can you take anything to detox you from that meds? It so sucks that you have to wake up like that! :hug: Feel better!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, Jimi. Yep this cold is a bad ‘un! It’s coming and going, making me think it’s going away, then I start sneezing again and can’t breathe!!
Can you take anything to detox you from that meds? It so sucks that you have to wake up like that! :hug: Feel better!
Did you try the iodine yet, when you do or if you do be sure to take a liquid vit. B 12 with it, seems to help it to fight the cold;), that's how mine is going back and forth:rolleyes: it's driving me :crazy:.
I have tried a lot of different detoxes and nothing seems to touch it:(. It really is, when it first started I thought I was sleep walkin and got in the tub with my clothes on:giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love the waffle fries.
Hubs hates them. I wish I could grow them but they do not grow well in
the North.

Don't feel too bad. Our dogs cannot get pizza trees to grow here in WV,
nor puperoni, er pepperoni vines.

It really is, when it first
started I thought I was sleep walkin and got in the tub with my clothes
on:giggle:

Get you some yarrow and coltsfoot. The coltsfoot is what tussin comes
from, or is synthesized out, it's the basis of stuff like Robotussin.
Yarrow will help any fever lower as well help clean the blood. Yarrow
is also good help for menstruation, but that aside it's also good for
fevers.

You'll need to shave coltsfoot leaves. Dry the yarrow stems, leaves and
all. Crush dried yarrow and coltsfoot, mix together in equal portions.
Drink a hot, not boiling cup of tea of this up to four times daily, add
honey to taste.

The yarrow might taste lemony, or bitter. Coltsfoot well, it tastes of
the tussin which can be nasty. Might want to add a nettle crushed in
as well to help respiration. Keep it all equal proportions. Use about 1 to 2
teaspoons of the powder mix per cup of tea. More or less depending what
your body tells you.:)

You might even find a similar mix already made up at a local apothecary, back
to nature retailer, shaman. Wife has some "sniffle" tea she picked up somewhere
that really helps. Nettle, yarrow are some of the ingredients, a bit of
ginger, sage as well.

Coltsfoot is an expectorant. You'll hock all that lovely slime out. This
is not medical advice by any means, only herbal remedy from past self
experience, from an herbal medicine book.

The book was called Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss. Google books lists two printings, one in 1958, one in 1939. I had a copy of one of the first printings, at least think it was first, back in 1930. There is also The Back To Eden Cookbook, and by Kloss.

Kloss had back in the 1920s to 1930s gotten fed up with modern medicine not working. He then took an adventure to gather up all the knowledge he could relating to herbalism, folk medicine, old wives tales relating to medicine and treating ailments.

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning! Doing laundry and the usual chores (cleaning up after cats). First day of on the floor orientation today. I know its gonna suck but I know that before hand. I keep thinking the 5 miles drive will make me happy. Last year I was driving 28.6 miles country roads in the snow storms. My whole day was shot.. one hour to drive to work-then 9-10 hours of work and then the one hour drive back home.

I'm officially done with prednisone. Yippee! Next week I'll do labs to make sure I'm still in remission. The whole out of remission was largely my fault. I thought I could go off meds and it would magically disappear (the AIH). Sadly, its meds for the rest of my life. I'm not brave enough to try alternative medicine at this time.

I am also planning a cheat day or meal to reset my weight loss. I'm thinking Thanksgiving. However, no turkey for me. I'm planning pizza, french fries and cherry pie. :)
That's great news!
That five miles drive will be such a stress reducer and a lot more time at home, well worth the new job.

That sounds like an excellent Thanksgiving dinner. Can't go wrong with pizza, fries, and cherry pie, yummy.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's great news!
That five miles drive will be such a stress reducer and a lot more time at home, well worth the new job.

That sounds like an excellent Thanksgiving dinner. Can't go wrong with pizza, fries, and cherry pie, yummy.
It was awesome only taking 10 minutes to drive home tonight! I'm loving it so far. My co workers are older like me. :) I'm 56 and planning on working till 70 if my health allows it.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It was awesome only taking 10 minutes to drive home tonight! I'm loving it so far. My co workers are older like me. :) I'm 56 and planning on working till 70 if my health allows it.

10 minutes is cool, lots better than what you were driving! Hopefully, with them being your age, they will treat you with respect, which they should regardless of their age. You will be healthy...no...if ands or buts about it :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
10 minutes is cool, lots better than what you were driving! Hopefully, with them being your age, they will treat you with respect, which they should regardless of their age. You will be healthy...no...if ands or buts about it :)
Love your new avatar! I just watched the fall finale of "How to get away with murder". OMG it was really mind blowing! Off to sleep.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Mine feels like it’s easing up for a bit, then it seems to come back. :headbang: I took iodine for the last two days, so maybe that will get rid of it.
Make sure you’re warm and dry, please. :hug::hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you try the iodine yet, when you do or if you do be sure to take a liquid vit. B 12 with it, seems to help it to fight the cold;), that's how mine is going back and forth:rolleyes: it's driving me :crazy:.
I have tried a lot of different detoxes and nothing seems to touch it:(. It really is, when it first started I thought I was sleep walkin and got in the tub with my clothes on:giggle:

I have to get some B12. I never take it, but it will prolly help since I’m not eating that much meat now.
Wow, that’s crazy being that wet. It pisses me off that doctors told you to take that terrible stuff! :hug::hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't feel too bad. Our dogs cannot get pizza trees to grow here in WV,
nor puperoni, er pepperoni vines.

Get you some yarrow and coltsfoot. The coltsfoot is what tussin comes
from, or is synthesized out, it's the basis of stuff like Robotussin.
Yarrow will help any fever lower as well help clean the blood. Yarrow
is also good help for menstruation, but that aside it's also good for
fevers.

You'll need to shave coltsfoot leaves. Dry the yarrow stems, leaves and
all. Crush dried yarrow and coltsfoot, mix together in equal portions.
Drink a hot, not boiling cup of tea of this up to four times daily, add
honey to taste.

The yarrow might taste lemony, or bitter. Coltsfoot well, it tastes of
the tussin which can be nasty. Might want to add a nettle crushed in
as well to help respiration. Keep it all equal proportions. Use about 1 to 2
teaspoons of the powder mix per cup of tea. More or less depending what
your body tells you.:)

You might even find a similar mix already made up at a local apothecary, back
to nature retailer, shaman. Wife has some "sniffle" tea she picked up somewhere
that really helps. Nettle, yarrow are some of the ingredients, a bit of
ginger, sage as well.

Coltsfoot is an expectorant. You'll hock all that lovely slime out. This
is not medical advice by any means, only herbal remedy from past self
experience, from an herbal medicine book.

The book was called Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss. Google books lists two printings, one in 1958, one in 1939. I had a copy of one of the first printings, at least think it was first, back in 1930. There is also The Back To Eden Cookbook, and by Kloss.

Kloss had back in the 1920s to 1930s gotten fed up with modern medicine not working. He then took an adventure to gather up all the knowledge he could relating to herbalism, folk medicine, old wives tales relating to medicine and treating ailments.

I love Uncle Jethro, as we call him! That book is the best. People are complaining about the amount of soy in it now, but soy wasn’t poisoned by GMOs and glyphosate then. When I was eating the way he tells you to, I was prolly the healthiest I’ve been. But it was ten years ago, and my neighborhood doesn’t have good vegetable or produce stores that are affordable anymore. They do have some organic groceries, but it’s expensive! We’re over run with yuppies here!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
People are complaining about the amount of soy in it now, but soy wasn’t poisoned by GMOs and glyphosate then. When I was eating the way he tells you to, I was prolly the healthiest I’ve been. But it was ten years ago, and my neighborhood doesn’t have good vegetable or produce stores that are affordable anymore.

Well, during his life a large portion of his time was spent to promote soy. I believe this was done somewhat in behalf of what was, or later became the agriculture department. He also did work similar to Kellog, the same Kellog of cereal fame. The two them were like minded in the goal of helping people be their healthiest.

The lack of good heritage vegetables at affordable rates is one reason I'm kind of wanting to do a Victory Garden, albeit a little modernized using an hydro/auqa-ponics system. What I'm looking at would be to use hypoallergenic, non-toxic, foam medium to insert into a pvc piping for the plants. I'm looking at maybe 2 inch diameter holes in 4 inch pipe.

The foam will come from dollar store pool noodles. The 48 inch long ones can get me 144 (a gross) of 1 inch long foam inserts. The "pipes" will run a nutrient slurry in solution with water. I'll connect each pipe to a piping frame work on the ends. I'm thinking 3 foot long "rows" and I'll raise the rows on a wood frame up at about a 33 degree angle like stairs. The lower rows can be used for stuff like corn, sugar cane, bamboo. Figuring the lower rows may start about 1 foot up in the air and the final upper row will be no higher than 3 or 4 maximum foot into the air.

So roughly something like below.

Code:
Key   # = end of pipe | = framing stanchion (==) = about a 3 inch section of pipe 0 = the two inch diameter holes

Top View of pipe section:
==o==o==o==o==~

End view of pipe stair case framing:

#
|  #
|  |  #
|  |  |  #
|  |  |  |

Each row will be spaced about 3 foot apart to allow cultivation access. I'm hoping to lay it out so there's no need to bend down so far. Keep it ergonomic yet still beneficent for the plants themselves. Going to attempt doing this in a controlled "greenhouse" using red and blue led lights to mix into pink light which plants love. :)

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1a307b3d78789dace2bae0760ac8c8f0.jpg
Rhianne, Pockets, Artemis, Snap, Jimi, MyMagicMist, Bella and anyone that would be passing by :wave: :coffee2::coffee2: tea :coffee:

Is everyone getting ready for Thanksgiving? Is anyone traveling? Will be going over to moms home, which is only about 10 minutes away. I'm so looking forward to it ! Thanksgiving is my first favorite holiday and Independence Day is my second favorite.

Hope everyone will have a fantastic Friday !

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1a307b3d78789dace2bae0760ac8c8f0.jpg
Rhianne, Pockets, Artemis, Snap, Jimi, MyMagicMist, Bella and anyone that would be passing by :wave: :coffee2::coffee2: tea :coffee:

Is everyone getting ready for Thanksgiving? Is anyone traveling? Will be going over to moms home, which is only about 10 minutes away. I'm so looking forward to it ! Thanksgiving is my first favorite holiday and Independence Day is my second favorite.

Hope everyone will have a fantastic Friday !
As far as I know I won't be working Thanksgiving but who knows. Being the new kid on the block that could change. I'm not planning anything more than a cheat day for me/hubs. Nothing spectacular but we (hubs and I) will share our mini feast together. I was invited to SW MO for a family event. However, that is 632 miles (one way) and I'm not up to the drive or flying. I told my brothers I would meet them halfway (like Springfield IL) but so far they think I should drive the whole distance (I'm bucky and I feel the meet halfway is fair). It's actually more than halfway on my part. I haven't seen them since my mom's death in 2008 and if they are not willing to meet up-I'll probably never see them.

VU Sponsors