Become a Patron!

WTS 16 Wood Mods (Bottom Feeders,Mechanical,Series,Parallel, and Regulated)(New Message Added)

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Well It has become clear that while most of these mods were hits. The final Four are misses so it's back to the drawing board for them to see if any changes I can make to them will turn it around. But before this thread gets closed I have a question for the Mods. If I make a new thread in the MOD/PV PRODUCERS Custom Mod Section. and title it (Comments,Questions And or Critiques of the Wood Mods By Sonar505.) Is there anyway possible to transfer the body of this thread into that one. Would like to keep the info in this thread and add to it as I am making new ones.
If not In closing. I would like to Thank all who have Bought and Commented on this round of Mods. It is very much appreciated.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I can merge this thread to the new one, if the new thread's intent is to sell more mods as the general reason for the new thread, I am inclined to tell you to put the new thread in unlisted vendor area, as to be fair to other members who have been moved there. Does that make sense to you?

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I can merge this thread to the new one, if the new thread's intent is to sell more mods as the general reason for the new thread, I am inclined to tell you to put the new thread in unlisted vendor area, as to be fair to other members who have been moved there. Does that make sense to you?

Yes it does make sense except I envision the new thread as a place for people to ask questions and showoff the mods that they already bought not to sell from there. When I have made some more I will of course post them in the appropriate Section.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yes it does make sense except I envision the new thread as a place for people to ask questions and showoff the mods that they already bought not to sell from there. When I have made some more I will of course post them in the appropriate Section.
They can still do that in the thread even if it is in that location<3

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ok then I will do it that way. Sorry to be a pain Whiskey. But I do not consider myself to be any type of Vendor. What I consider myself to be is a modder who for years made mods for myself. Recently I decided to share some with others. But I am very careful to not fall into the traps that caught other modders in the past (Think JBox and Bogger). So I decided no preorders. While I will take requests I will only Verbally agree to accept ones that I believe I can fulfill but will not take any money until I complete it to their satisfaction. Trusting that they will complete their part of the bargain. Also I have no Website or FB page and no plans to make one. Due to recent upheavals I am going to try and stay off the radar as much as possible. Up to and including when next I post do no be surprised if I am posting (Wood Keepsake boxes with a battery and water bottle storage for sale);) Thank you for your assistance.
Have a great Day everyone.
Thread can be closed anytime..

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is the incorrect section for sales, modders who are selling are considered unlisted vendors. So with that being I will issue
@Sonar505 @Whiskey a unlisted badge, and move this thread to the unlisted vendor section, and you can also created a thread with the link to this thread in the sales, promotions section. Please remember vendor rules do apply to you now.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
It doesn't get any better than this at all
Beautiful work!! Thank you so much!!!

c63598a2558e3a2c89c49f4815f250f2.jpg
0ab7d9889f00d3f3c58662b322b911f5.jpg
bbfdea038f244a50deec4b70f8ee7f06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Smokie I have been agonizing over your decision for the last couple of days. And While I recognize that as a guest in your home I should follow all your rules. When something impacts me I feel I must speak out. I Respectfully request the removal of the Unlisted Vendor Badge. Because my objections posted previously might have been misunderstood I will restate them.
First off I do not consider myself any kind of Vendor. I consider my self a Modder/Hobbyist. All I asked For was if it would be possible to move the body of post from this thread to another thread where I could continue to answer questions and receive comments from members who had previously bought not to Sell from it. Unfortunately I chose the wrong section for the Post. This section Mod /PV Producers /Custom Mods where according to the first post by Nitrobex states "This is a place for Modders who are not Vendors to share with the community" but apparently lack the privileges to post there. So I asked for assistance. This is the result.
My reasoning behind why I consider my self just a modder are. I have no website nor an FB page. Heck I do not even have any workshop.All my mods are made on the front balcony of my apartment. Using the minimal amount of and quietest power tools I can afford (to not disturb the neighbors). As such there is no way to ramp up production and or compete with any True Vendor. While I have had numerous offers from vendors to purchase any runs of mods that I produce. I continue to refuse because I understand that they would have to sell them for more than what a lot of people can afford. Also I have come to appreciate interacting with people who bought my mods. Read the excitement and joy in there messages and seeing it in there images they post. I also feel that by keeping my mods priced so low (in contrast to what they receive) No one can ever get the impression that I am taking advantage of or trying to make a living off the community I have been a part of for going on 6 years.

Another of my reasons for not wanting to be labeled as a Vendor. Have to do with the current atmosphere we find ourselves in. I am of the opinion That after the FDA gets through with the bigger fish they will at their leisure come after the little fish. And while I truly believe The Staff of VU will and can resist any intrusions on the membership. What is stop one of there stooges from joining up collecting all the names of vendors listed or otherwise and tracking them down to insure they are complying with their Regs. I do not foresee them coming after anyone in the Aptly Named TRADING POST.

So again I would like to ask for the removal of the badge and returning of my normal member privileges. If by so doing I would be unable to post in the Trading Post. I will finish up my commitments in progress. And regretfully will no longer post any of my mods.for sale. I really hope that will not be the case. It has never been my intent to cause problems and or skirt the rules. All I wanted to do was share my creations with others. Hope you understand and realize that I have nothing but the up most respect for the Thankless job all VU staff perform.

Sincerely Sonar505

@SMOKIE
@Whiskey
@TygerTyger
@Zamazam
@Huckleberried
@5150sick

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Smokie I have been agonizing over your decision for the last couple of days. And While I recognize that as a guest in your home I should follow all your rules. When something impacts me I feel I must speak out. I Respectfully request the removal of the Unlisted Vendor Badge. Because my objections posted previously might have been misunderstood I will restate them.
First off I do not consider myself any kind of Vendor. I consider my self a Modder/Hobbyist. All I asked For was if it would be possible to move the body of post from this thread to another thread where I could continue to answer questions and receive comments from members who had previously bought not to Sell from it. Unfortunately I chose the wrong section for the Post. This section Mod /PV Producers /Custom Mods where according to the first post by Nitrobex states "This is a place for Modders who are not Vendors to share with the community" but apparently lack the privileges to post there. So I asked for assistance. This is the result.
My reasoning behind why I consider my self just a modder are. I have no website nor an FB page. Heck I do not even have any workshop.All my mods are made on the front balcony of my apartment. Using the minimal amount of and quietest power tools I can afford (to not disturb the neighbors). As such there is no way to ramp up production and or compete with any True Vendor. While I have had numerous offers from vendors to purchase any runs of mods that I produce. I continue to refuse because I understand that they would have to sell them for more than what a lot of people can afford. Also I have come to appreciate interacting with people who bought my mods. Read the excitement and joy in there messages and seeing it in there images they post. I also feel that by keeping my mods priced so low (in contrast to what they receive) No one can ever get the impression that I am taking advantage of or trying to make a living off the community I have been a part of for going on 6 years.

Another of my reasons for not wanting to be labeled as a Vendor. Have to do with the current atmosphere we find ourselves in. I am of the opinion That after the FDA gets through with the bigger fish they will at their leisure come after the little fish. And while I truly believe The Staff of VU will and can resist any intrusions on the membership. What is stop one of there stooges from joining up collecting all the names of vendors listed or otherwise and tracking them down to insure they are complying with their Regs. I do not foresee them coming after anyone in the Aptly Named TRADING POST.

So again I would like to ask for the removal of the badge and returning of my normal member privileges. If by so doing I would be unable to post in the Trading Post. I will finish up my commitments in progress. And regretfully will no longer post any of my mods.for sale. I really hope that will not be the case. It has never been my intent to cause problems and or skirt the rules. All I wanted to do was share my creations with others. Hope you understand and realize that I have nothing but the up most respect for the Thankless job all VU staff perform.

Sincerely Sonar505

@SMOKIE
@Whiskey
@TygerTyger
@Zamazam
@Huckleberried
@5150sick

I agree :)

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Sincerely Sonar505

@SMOKIE
@Whiskey
@TygerTyger
@Zamazam
@Huckleberried
@5150sick
Anyone who sells multiple new items is considered a vendor, and as for the trading post section which is for vapers to trade, sell, and buy used items or items they bought new for personal use but have not used. But after reading what you wrote I will allow you to sell in the co-op section since your prices are low just like co-ops are, and will take off the unlisted vendor badge.

Last edited:

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Anyone who sells multiple new items is considered a vendor, and as for the trading post section which is for vapers to trade, sell, and buy used items or items they bought new for personal use but have not used. But after reading your what you wrote I will allow you to sell in the co-op section since your prices are low just like co-ops are, and will take off the unlisted vendor badge.

Thank you for reconsidering your decision and know that it is very much appreciated. Have yourself a nice day.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This thread moved back to hardware area:) @Sonar505 , if you would like it moved to Co-op area, let me know and I will move it there for you

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Good Morning Everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that I am starting a New Run of Mods. So anyone whether they bought from me before or missed out Because some Very Nice fellow vaper got the one you wanted :gaah::cuss2:. Well this is your chance to request a certain style or combination of woods. All I ask of you is to PM me and I will get back to you with whether it is possible to do this time. For those that prefer to wait and see what comes out I will give you a hint there will be at least 2 new styles and several new types of wood. Only 1 exception to this tho I will only make okr/okl regulated mods upon request. I ended up keeping the 1 i put out but sold several in custom requests. So I plan to keep doing it that way. So if you know someone who expressed an interest please help me spread the word. Thanks for reading and have a good weekend.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
@Sonar505 , do you plan on still using this thread for your new batch or will you be starting a new thread, Please Pm me your intentions, Thanks

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thank you for posting pics much appreciated. When you first asked for one with that combination to match some guitars. I had to google Spalted maple to see what you were talking about. Then search through my wood to see if i had any. Luckily I had 1 piece (images below) that was just big enough to make it but even if I had not used up my entire supply the patterns on spalted wood pretty much guarantee that this is going to be one of a kind. So very glad you liked it.

TpOffKf.jpg

w5IKgGC.jpg

VU Sponsors