Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I can't get anything but yuck outta this parallel I made for the Merlin. It's less bad at 25w but it's still just a nasty flavor. Same flavor that I use every day in my reo/derringer and love. Need to take that build out an put something else in.

how's the airflow on the stumpy and petri?

I don't notice the flavor being any different with that parallel coil, just not enough OF it, you know? It's weak and bland when the wattage is too low, and hot and burnt-tasting when it's too high. And so far, that's all I've gotten from it - I just can't find that perfect wattage.

The Stumpy has adjustable air, and I like it best with two of the three holes on each side open. The Petri has two holes on each side (not adjustable), and it's just perfect, too. I don't know how to describe it, though. Direct lung hit, nice and airy, but with just enough resistance required to give a nice warm vapor loaded with flavor. I don't think we have any of the same tanks, so I can't say it's like a such-and-such! But both of them are good.

I use a vertical splitter and sit on a piece of wood and roll the chunks over to the splitter.

Rich has a vertical splitter (the BIG one - I think it's a 22-ton splitter, he'll come along and correct me if I'm wrong), and he has a metal folding chair next to it to sit on. But the pile of wood he has to deal with precludes him from staying sat. He has to move several chunks over near him, then he can sit and split those, then has to get up and stack all those pieces and then get some more rounds to split. It's an obscene amount of wood (about 6 or 7 cords worth) we go through every winter. It gets colder than a welldigger's ass in Alaska here in the winter, and this house is old, badly insulated (I'm not even sure it HAS insulation), with drafty windows. The woodstove pretty much runs 24/7 during the coldest part of winter. Oh, I'll just let him tell you later. I'm not sure of all the details. That's MAN'S work! :p

OK, time to go feed the chickens and da cows! Later on, guys! :)

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So what would be a good tank to put Claptons on? I have a Boreas and a Limitless (with single wire coils in them at the moment). I'm assuming one of those would be the best candidate? Not that I have any Claptons right now, but it's really something I'd like to make work at some point, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. o_O

I could see the Claptons in both the Limitless and Boreas, and certainly your RDAs, where they probably would make the biggest difference as the "wicking" of the coil itself may matter more than the wicking you need to rely upon to get the juice to the wick in an RTA.

@Eskie what kind of coils do you run in your OBS? I have tried these claptons I bought and they're either tasting burnt or spitting hot juice into the back of my throat. Neither of which are encouraging me to put down the Baby Beast for it.

I'm just using simple dual 316L 3 mm wrap coming in at ~0.5 ohm. Nothing fancy at all, and running on TC 450F 30W.

Rich has a vertical splitter (the BIG one - I think it's a 22-ton splitter, he'll come along and correct me if I'm wrong), and he has a metal folding chair next to it to sit on. But the pile of wood he has to deal with precludes him from staying sat. He has to move several chunks over near him, then he can sit and split those, then has to get up and stack all those pieces and then get some more rounds to split. It's an obscene amount of wood (about 6 or 7 cords worth) we go through every winter. It gets colder than a welldigger's ass in Alaska here in the winter, and this house is old, badly insulated (I'm not even sure it HAS insulation), with drafty windows. The woodstove pretty much runs 24/7 during the coldest part of winter. Oh, I'll just let him tell you later. I'm not sure of all the details. That's MAN'S work! :p

OK, time to go feed the chickens and da cows! Later on, guys! :)

Yeah, that's like the one I rented. Same thing with an obscene amount to cut and yes, you still have to move the wood in and out. But in comparison to doing a few cords of wood with a maul, it felt like a vacation. I even got one of those "magic" Finnish leveraxe mauls, but it still didn't beat the convenience of stick the log on the platform, press go, and stack.:D

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I could see the Claptons in both the Limitless and Boreas, and certainly your RDAs, where they probably would make the biggest difference as the "wicking" of the coil itself may matter more than the wicking you need to rely upon to get the juice to the wick in an RTA.

I'm just using simple dual 316L 3 mm wrap coming in at ~0.5 ohm. Nothing fancy at all, and running on TC 450F 30W.

Yeah, that's like the one I rented. Same thing with an obscene amount to cut and yes, you still have to move the wood in and out. But in comparison to doing a few cords of wood with a maul, it felt like a vacation. I even got one of those "magic" Finnish leveraxe mauls, but it still didn't beat the convenience of stick the log on the platform, press go, and stack.:D

Cool thanks! That was my next step ditch all the fancy coils and build an RDA Reo type coil(s) in it so I can enjoy it. Sorry to keep bugging you about it but I really want to enjoy that tank it's just been giving me fits. :)

ETA: What gauge 316 are you using I only have kanthal so I will want to grab some of that next.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, that's like the one I rented. Same thing with an obscene amount to cut and yes, you still have to move the wood in and out.
Yeah, my 22-ton is on wheels so you can tow it to where you need it, then operate it either as a horizontal or vertical (big lawn-mower engine pumps the hydraulics). Mostly, it stays in the garage (open door before use or pass out from the fumes), but that puts it closest to the stacked cords, but no matter which way you use it, you still have to bend over to pick up the rounds and place them under (or in front of) the blade, then bend over again to pick up the pieces and add them to the stacks. Then the cats chase each other up the stacks and manage to knock over a whole course, so I have to stack it all again. But the splitting isn't half as bad as going out in the woods, felling the dead trees, and cutting rounds to length, loading them in the truck, bring it all home and stack those next to the splitter, then go cut some more. I wish we had central heat and I didn't have to do this crap no more... I be an oldt phart and I'm tired now...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I suspect that we are secretly perverted creatures who love to torture ourselves with all this manual labor. If we were wealthy, we'd probably just buy a bigger farm with more animals (but I'd also have a hired hand to do the work). :) I seem to have developed a severe restriction to my ability to grind myself into the mud daily and Lannie, bless her little pea-pickin' heart, thinks she can take up the slack for me. I think she is already busting her butt around here quite enough. Oh well, we ain't gonna live forever anyway... Now let's all sing together, "One day at a time...."

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No doubt he and Emmy are having mad wild monkey sex in the Islands and, that being the case, why would he want to stop that just to come read our silliness?
well they did take the kids with em.........so they gotta stop sometimes to feed and care for the chilluns!

Which star system is that in?
Beats me, but it's got an ocean!

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was watching RipTripper explain a Griffin 25. He didn't show me a whole lot. :eek:
I'm watchin a YT vid of mooch on tv talkin bout batts and batt safety. He's tellin me a lot, but I don't really understand much of it lol

Nighty Night. Gonna put my tired old butt to bed now.
nite hun.......hope you sleep well

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone tried to hack my Facebook account this afternoon. :xD: Why? I have no earthly idea. I found out when I went out to break and tried to log in. I couldn't remember my old password so I could change it. Then, because I couldn't log in to FB, I couldn't play my game. :cuss2: Once I got home I got it all straightened out though. :)

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone tried to hack my Facebook account this afternoon. :xD: Why? I have no earthly idea. I found out when I went out to break and tried to log in. I couldn't remember my old password so I could change it. Then, because I couldn't log in to FB, I couldn't play my game. :cuss2: Once I got home I got it all straightened out though. :)
oh that sucks! Glad you got it straightened out though

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If you get it at Temco........check out the price for 250 feet. I got that in 28 and 26g One was 30 sumpthin cents more than 100 feet, and the other was about 1.00 more than just 100 feet. I was floored when I realized that.

Will do, love that place for wire can't beat 'em. :)

And g'morning everyone!

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Cool thanks! That was my next step ditch all the fancy coils and build an RDA Reo type coil(s) in it so I can enjoy it. Sorry to keep bugging you about it but I really want to enjoy that tank it's just been giving me fits. :)

ETA: What gauge 316 are you using I only have kanthal so I will want to grab some of that next.

Either 26 or 28G 316L from Temco, just like Debadoo posted. I prefer keeping my builds around 0.5 ohm because TC generally works best above 0.25 ohm with something like 316L which has a really low TCR. Metals with higher TCRs are fine at lower resistance.

Yeah, my 22-ton is on wheels so you can tow it to where you need it, then operate it either as a horizontal or vertical (big lawn-mower engine pumps the hydraulics). Mostly, it stays in the garage (open door before use or pass out from the fumes), but that puts it closest to the stacked cords, but no matter which way you use it, you still have to bend over to pick up the rounds and place them under (or in front of) the blade, then bend over again to pick up the pieces and add them to the stacks. Then the cats chase each other up the stacks and manage to knock over a whole course, so I have to stack it all again. But the splitting isn't half as bad as going out in the woods, felling the dead trees, and cutting rounds to length, loading them in the truck, bring it all home and stack those next to the splitter, then go cut some more. I wish we had central heat and I didn't have to do this crap no more... I be an oldt phart and I'm tired now...

Yup, had that towed in, raised it to vertical, and went to splitting. I have gas heat, so for me it's more about having some wood for the fireplace rather than heating. I just had a lot to cut up from downed trees. The few trees cut down were those that looked ready to go or were a threat to the house. There's no way all that wood will ever end up burned. I've even given trunks way to folks around here who own a splitter and use far more wood, otherwise they end up sitting around gathering those flat mushroomy things growing on them.

And a good monrning to all Wompers! Yay Friday!

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
this is what I was lookin for. Couldn't think how to word what I wanted to know, but you done good!!

Correction, I told you wrong on the Petri - it has ONE hole on each side (two holes total), and that's the same as two holes on each side on the Stumpy, or very close to it. The holes on the Petri are slightly bigger. ;) I really like this Petri, and for the price, it's a steal. Obviously, it's a clone. :)

I put the Claptons that came with the Boreas into the Boreas first, and couldn't find a good spot for them wattage-wise. I'm sure it's the way I vape. I can't take a huge amount of vapor, although I like it to be somewhat dense. But too much makes me cough. So maybe I'll never be comfy with Claptons, I dunno. It's OK, though, because these other coils I make seem to do a good job for me. :D

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Either 26 or 28G 316L from Temco, just like Debadoo posted. I prefer keeping my builds around 0.5 ohm because TC generally works best above 0.25 ohm with something like 316L which has a really low TCR. Metals with higher TCRs are fine at lower resistance.

Yup, had that towed in, raised it to vertical, and went to splitting. I have gas heat, so for me it's more about having some wood for the fireplace rather than heating. I just had a lot to cut up from downed trees. The few trees cut down were those that looked ready to go or were a threat to the house. There's no way all that wood will ever end up burned. I've even given trunks way to folks around here who own a splitter and use far more wood, otherwise they end up sitting around gathering those flat mushroomy things growing on them.

And a good monrning to all Wompers! Yay Friday!

Good to hear my go to build in my Reo's was .5 duals so that should get me a really nice familiar vape off it. Probably going to throw a kanthal build in it this weekend and give it another go. Dying to get it on top of that SS Alien and have them both running. :)

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Correction, I told you wrong on the Petri - it has ONE hole on each side (two holes total), and that's the same as two holes on each side on the Stumpy, or very close to it. The holes on the Petri are slightly bigger. ;) I really like this Petri, and for the price, it's a steal. Obviously, it's a clone. :)

I put the Claptons that came with the Boreas into the Boreas first, and couldn't find a good spot for them wattage-wise. I'm sure it's the way I vape. I can't take a huge amount of vapor, although I like it to be somewhat dense. But too much makes me cough. So maybe I'll never be comfy with Claptons, I dunno. It's OK, though, because these other coils I make seem to do a good job for me. :D

That is exactly how I feel about these claptons I got, the flavor was good but to get there I was in cloud chasing territory and can't vape like that all day everyday.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is exactly how I feel about these claptons I got, the flavor was good but to get there I was in cloud chasing territory and can't vape like that all day everyday.

I couldn't even get the good flavor from them because I couldn't get the wattage high enough. LOL! It was "flat" for me. But I smoked a LOT for a lot of years, so I'm sure there's some damage from that. I've gotten a lot better in the last year, but I still can't handle really intense vapor. The clouds I do blow are plenty big enough to annoy Rich, and that's all that matters, right? ;)

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I couldn't even get the good flavor from them because I couldn't get the wattage high enough. LOL! It was "flat" for me. But I smoked a LOT for a lot of years, so I'm sure there's some damage from that. I've gotten a lot better in the last year, but I still can't handle really intense vapor. The clouds I do blow are plenty big enough to annoy Rich, and that's all that matters, right? ;)

I had mine up in the 70 watt range before I even got a slightly good vape, and after two or three puffs the whole kitchen was filled with vapor and I was nic sic so I opted out of that experience. :D

Good morning Lannie, Reign and Eskie :wave:

G'morning Lynn, hope all is well. :)

VU Sponsors