Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I actually shouuldn't say that. Have only seen a couple things when my son was watching it, and they were dumb. Not the good kinda dumb.......more beavis and butthead kinda dumb

I'm not a huge fan of his show but the stand-up specials are epic he holds nothing back and isn't afraid to say things that make people gasp. We need more people like that now days.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whew! I had to speed read to get caught up, been cleaning house all day and only have a few minutes to be one here. But I did want to say, I had a HUGE crush on David Cassidy and my younger sister and I went to one of his concerts when I was 13 (she was 11). AND, I still have my puka shell necklace. ;)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whew! I had to speed read to get caught up, been cleaning house all day and only have a few minutes to be one here. But I did want to say, I had a HUGE crush on David Cassidy and my younger sister and I went to one of his concerts when I was 13 (she was 11). AND, I still have my puka shell necklace. ;)
Oh David Cassidy was hot!!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Noted for your visit.:)
Wait, somewhere I also have a recollection of you wanting cake with buttercream frosting...we are gonna be eating lots of sweets at this rate.
I don't need anymore sweets. Just had oatmeal with blackberries, and large cheese/jalepeno biscuit, and toast with gobs of peanut butter. Ugh. I think I over did it. :eek:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Good morning wompers! I got to sleep in this morning. Even pup knew better than to try and wake me. One of those grey, rainy days here, perfect sleeping in weather. I have a bunch of 32G wire arriving today, so later it's going to be practice time for building Claptons. Tried a bit with a larger wire (24 with a 28 over it) but it was terrible. If I can't get better at making them I'll just stick with premade rolls of it. The videos all make it look simple, so either they're lying, or I'm just plain inept.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning wompers! I got to sleep in this morning. Even pup knew better than to try and wake me. One of those grey, rainy days here, perfect sleeping in weather. I have a bunch of 32G wire arriving today, so later it's going to be practice time for building Claptons. Tried a bit with a larger wire (24 with a 28 over it) but it was terrible. If I can't get better at making them I'll just stick with premade rolls of it. The videos all make it look simple, so either they're lying, or I'm just plain inept.
Glad you got some rest. One of these days I'll do some coiling. I'm sure you're not inept. Just takes practice.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They have to be lying Eskie because I can't begin to imagine you being inept! :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning Wompers :)

For those of yall who want to try the Pico, or the Pico Mega efuntop has them on sale for $23. They also have a lot of good sale items. The Clouper mini 50W TC for $10, KBox 200 for $20, Cuboid 200W for $30 and a bunch more on sale. I bought from them before and shipping is slow but good deals.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning Wompers :)

For those of yall who want to try the Pico, or the Pico Mega efuntop has them on sale for $23. They also have a lot of good sale items. The Clouper mini 50W TC for $10, KBox 200 for $20, Cuboid 200W for $30 and a bunch more on sale. I bought from them before and shipping is slow but good deals.
Thanks Chopstix. lol.
I'm done shopping for a while. That vet bill is :eek:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Glad you got some rest. One of these days I'll do some coiling. I'm sure you're not inept. Just takes practice.

Part of the problem is I'm left handed, so all this which side the drill should be and the whole "clockwise, anticlockwise, hold your finger on the back of the wire while turning" gets confusing as hell. Took me a bit just in coiling a wire to figure out how to get the legs set up properly for a Velocity deck.:headbang:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Part of the problem is I'm left handed, so all this which side the drill should be and the whole "clockwise, anticlockwise, hold your finger on the back of the wire while turning" gets confusing as hell. Took me a bit just in coiling a wire to figure out how to get the legs set up properly for a Velocity deck.:headbang:
Oh man. Guess that would be difficult. Hey, you could make your own lefty videos when you get it down pat.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've been around playing with spinning wires. I'm getting a little better at it but I'm getting wire burn on my fingertips. I might have to just accept defeat and stick with buying rolls of Clapton wire. Although now I have 250 ft of 32G SS wire I otherwise have no use for. I even made a 3 wire twisted out of the 32G and it's still only good for maybe teeny tiny micro coils. I might try some more tomorrow if my fingers stop bleeding.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been around playing with spinning wires. I'm getting a little better at it but I'm getting wire burn on my fingertips. I might have to just accept defeat and stick with buying rolls of Clapton wire. Although now I have 250 ft of 32G SS wire I otherwise have no use for. I even made a 3 wire twisted out of the 32G and it's still only good for maybe teeny tiny micro coils. I might try some more tomorrow if my fingers stop bleeding.

I tried Clapton coils a couple times (they came with the tank), and I don't see the big attraction. Rixy likes 'em, and told me they needed "mo power" but I can't seem to find the sweet spot. Either it's too cool and no vapor (not enough power), or it ends up hot and burnt. I could never find the middle ground, so I gave up on that style. I was going to get a roll of it, too, but I'm glad I didn't. I seem to be happy enough with my single wire coils running between .4 and .5 ohms. I made that one dual parallel coil that sits just under .2 ohms, but even that one isn't quite "right" to me. It's meh at 40 watts, 50 watts is a teeny bit better, and 60 watts is burned. I just can't seem to hit "the spot" with these. Maybe it's my tanks and stuff.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hah, last spring I rented a 20 ton splitter from Home Depot for the weekend. Granted, not much exercise, but a lot less Motrin after splitting enough wood for the next 2 years. Only upside to having lots of old trees around that fall down in bad weather.

Rich has a big splitter, too, but the problem is the bending and standing repeatedly. The splitter splits the wood, but it doesn't pick up the pieces and stack them for you. ;) My back's not quite as bad as his, so I told him next time he has to split wood, I'll do the stacking and he can sit in a chair next to the splitter and do that part.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what would be a good tank to put Claptons on? I have a Boreas and a Limitless (with single wire coils in them at the moment). I'm assuming one of those would be the best candidate? Not that I have any Claptons right now, but it's really something I'd like to make work at some point, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. o_O

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What? You have a diary? I clearly didn't snoop enough, I need to see what you have to say about me. Particularly in the beginning (ie July 23/24 timeframe)
I know yur just kiddin........but ya don't even kid about that!! :D

I had a HUGE crush on David Cassidy
lol you and atcha, I'm always the odd one, I was all about his stepbrother shaun! my name wuzn't Rhonda, but I sure woulda helped him da doo ron ron anytime! hehehe

Now that's MY kind of breakfast!!
change the oatmeal to grits, and 86 the pnut butter, and I'm there! I do like oatmeal, and sounds good with berries, but I've really been wanting some grits lately.

Introducing..................................brat teen!!!!
View attachment 65013
Yipes! that's not brat teen...........that's creepy kill ya in yur sleep teen!

So glad you got to sleep in. I haven't watched clapton vids, but I'm sure it involves power tools I don't have. Don't think my son has a drill, but need to find out.

One of these days I'll do some coiling.
Git yur butt over here after work for a couple hours. The kids are gone from now til at least Sun or Monday.

Almost stepped on a little green snake bringing the trash down.
At least that one wouldn't have freaked me out.

I'm not a huge fan of his show but the stand-up specials are epic he holds nothing back and isn't afraid to say things that make people gasp. We need more people like that now days.
oh ok, never seen the stand up. Jup we need more folks sayin it like it is. My son and I were laughin the other night about me bein president.......doin a state of the union address. He said I'd be the first pres to have to be bleeped for cussin! hehehe It would start out with.........Hey y'all...........we need to git our shit together here in this country. First off, I'm whackin a ton of crap outta the budget.........we aint dealin with this deficit cuz we need to study the mating habits of the african bull frog! <insert mama's fixin to beat the tan offa you look here>> lmao

that one dual parallel coil that sits just under .2 ohms, but even that one isn't quite "right" to me. It's meh at 40 watts, 50 watts is a teeny bit better, and 60 watts is burned. I just can't seem to hit "the spot" with these.
Yeah I can't get anything but yuck outta this parallel I made for the Merlin. It's less bad at 25w but it's still just a nasty flavor. Same flavor that I use every day in my reo/derringer and love. Need to take that build out an put something else in.

Oh, and I have a couple of RDAs, too, that little Stumpy and the Petri clone (which I LOVE!!!!!)
how's the airflow on the stumpy and petri?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rich has a big splitter, too, but the problem is the bending and standing repeatedly. The splitter splits the wood, but it doesn't pick up the pieces and stack them for you. ;) My back's not quite as bad as his, so I told him next time he has to split wood, I'll do the stacking and he can sit in a chair next to the splitter and do that part.
I use a vertical splitter and sit on a piece of wood and roll the chunks over to the splitter.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know yur just kiddin........but ya don't even kid about that!! :D

lol you and atcha, I'm always the odd one, I was all about his stepbrother shaun! my name wuzn't Rhonda, but I sure woulda helped him da doo ron ron anytime! hehehe

change the oatmeal to grits, and 86 the pnut butter, and I'm there! I do like oatmeal, and sounds good with berries, but I've really been wanting some grits lately.

Yipes! that's not brat teen...........that's creepy kill ya in yur sleep teen!

So glad you got to sleep in. I haven't watched clapton vids, but I'm sure it involves power tools I don't have. Don't think my son has a drill, but need to find out.

Git yur butt over here after work for a couple hours. The kids are gone from now til at least Sun or Monday.

At least that one wouldn't have freaked me out.

oh ok, never seen the stand up. Jup we need more folks sayin it like it is. My son and I were laughin the other night about me bein president.......doin a state of the union address. He said I'd be the first pres to have to be bleeped for cussin! hehehe It would start out with.........Hey y'all...........we need to git our shit together here in this country. First off, I'm whackin a ton of crap outta the budget.........we aint dealin with this deficit cuz we need to study the mating habits of the african bull frog! <insert mama's fixin to beat the tan offa you look here>> lmao

Yeah I can't get anything but yuck outta this parallel I made for the Merlin. It's less bad at 25w but it's still just a nasty flavor. Same flavor that I use every day in my reo/derringer and love. Need to take that build out an put something else in.

how's the airflow on the stumpy and petri?
Hey Debacutie! I'll have to read this after my allergies subside from mowing the grass right after work. Mrs. Magoo can't see shite.
Oh, and Lannie. I get tired just reading about your chores. :xD: I wish I was in shape like YOU!:xD:
Lannie: :bunny:
Atcha: :zombie:
Kadly: <3

VU Sponsors