Why is box mod hardware a secret

claviger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,1216.0.html

If 110 watts isn't enough you can run 2 or more OKL2 - T/20s in parallel for ... 220, 330, 440 etc. How much do you need?

Fatdaddyvapes 510 connectors = best available according to .... pretty much everyone :p

Once you have built a few, take some time to read through the data sheets on some different chips. What starts as gibberish, starts to make sense after a couple of builds and reading a few datasheets.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every now & then my brain has a fight with it's self. One side says, your retired, your to old to learn anything new. Other side says, piss off! He knows computers, not much different. Some reading is about all. Bought a bread board, power supply, jumper leads. Going to set a LM 2596 board on it, and see where it leads me. If I burn it, I will try again. They cost less than a pack of Cigs, so why not!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php/topic,1216.0.html

If 110 watts isn't enough you can run 2 or more OKL2 - T/20s in parallel for ... 220, 330, 440 etc. How much do you need?

Fatdaddyvapes 510 connectors = best available according to .... pretty much everyone :p

Once you have built a few, take some time to read through the data sheets on some different chips. What starts as gibberish, starts to make sense after a couple of builds and reading a few datasheets.
Yea! Fatdaddy says they will have them on the 12th. I don't think it's more complicated than 3.7 V in, 110 out. Just to see if it works. Don't know where the resistor goes, or the fuse, still waiting on that guy from U Tube to post the second part of that vid. If he don't it's try it & find out time.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hmm, those look like some of the same 510's Wylie has on his PB...I'd bet they get them from him.
I don't know anyone else making ones like those. ;)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm trying to go first class parts wise the first time. I have more in this mod than I can buy a DNA 30 from FT for. I started with an Ego 5 months ago. Now I am here, time will tell where I end up. If I could just look at how the OKL T 20 is wired, & what is used, I would understand. If there is an image of one built on the web, I have not found it yet.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to go first class parts wise the first time. I have more in this mod than I can buy a DNA 30 from FT for. I started with an Ego 5 months ago. Now I am here, time will tell where I end up. If I could just look at how the OKL T 20 is wired, & what is used, I would understand. If there is an image of one built on the web, I have not found it yet.

There two versions of the OKL-T/20, IDK which you got, but this should help ya. :)

Murata link, it has lists both chips and you can get the PDF manuals and such from there: http://www.murata-ps.com/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=OKL-T/20

Nice ECF thread with lots of pics: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...kering-okl2-t20-20a-110w-dc-dc-converter.html

Might want to chime in on this thread too: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/any-interest-in-a-step-by-step-guide-to-okr-raptor-mods.2896/

claviger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just want to point out. FDV was the first to market with this design and there are subtle differences between the ones hes selling and the other two that resemble the ones from his site. They were designed by a member on the breaktru forums, who was kind enough to share his blue prints.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0708141309.jpg Thanks a Lot! I can see one being built. The thread , any interest in step by step guide, is exactly what I need to build this. I felt creepy going to ecf. Place feels like a hospital to me. I hate hospitals. What I have so far.

Attachments

• 0708141311a.jpg
    0708141311a.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

A14U4IA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
link sent me to fishing guy's site and gave me pop unders requesting to install bs software... Pics are great, would like to really get a hold of those connectors though

BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK
BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK BAD LINK
510 connectors? Best 510 connectors I've ever seen. :)

You can contact him about them here: http://wylie_rods.tripod.com/id5.html[/QUOTE]

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, It's hosted on old-school Tripod. It is gonna have ads.

Don't you use any popup/ad blocking or stuff like SpywareBlaster?
Every modern browser can block pop-ups and ads, FAIK.

This is what I get:

Snap84.png

Here is his info's from that page for you.

Just click this address below to send me an Email: [email protected]

Or you can send mail to me at:
Wylie Wiggins c/o Wylie Rods 220 East A Shoshone Idaho 83352

Last edited:

fsors

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
CaFF You have a PM

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am still working on buying from them. Screw the middle man. I'm getting closer. They have a version of Pay Pal. I'm trying. When I have more info I will share. :)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rant. I have been getting some crap about buying from China. Buy from the USA. I can get the parts for a 10th of the cost of USA parts. So why not? I don't give a Rat ass how they run their country. Not my problem. We can get along. I don't have to like you to buy something you make. Visa Versa. So get off my ass! I am old and don't give a shit anyway. My Motorcycle has a Japan Carb on it. Works like it was made in Milwaukee . Only better. So eat shit & die. When you can make something I want for a 10th of the cost let me know. Now drive through Please.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to build a Box Mod. If I have to crawl up Bill Gates asshole to get the information I will do it. This Forum is the only place on earth I can be Me. I will fight to the death too keep it. When I get the info to build a Box Mod I will build it, then another, and another. It's a better way to live. Smoking is for Idiots. Except Pot. Can't smoke enough to hurt me. Fudge Brownie & most types of cookies are not safe around me. Some of our Members have been kind enough to share. This wire goes to the batteries, this one to the switch. I have seen people selling a Mod for 250.00. Good for them. I'm a bull dog. I won't let go till I make it happen. Then I share it. The American Way.

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
I use a Hammond 1550PBK in the SuperMax. Here is the link to it:

http://www.digikey.ca/product-searc...ite=ca&keywords=1550pbk&x=0&y=0&formaction=on

It is really tiny, but the best part of it is the powder coating. It is super durable. I have had units come back for repair and not one
of them even has a scratch in the coating. It also takes laser etching really well.

Only drawback is it only comes in black. There are always J-Wraps, of course.

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Rant. I have been getting some crap about buying from China. Buy from the USA. I can get the parts for a 10th of the cost of USA parts. So why not? I don't give a Rat ass how they run their country. Not my problem. We can get along. I don't have to like you to buy something you make. Visa Versa. So get off my ass! I am old and don't give a shit anyway. My Motorcycle has a Japan Carb on it. Works like it was made in Milwaukee . Only better. So eat shit & die. When you can make something I want for a 10th of the cost let me know. Now drive through Please.

Saddle, I HATE buying stuff from China. Has nothing to do with nationalism or anything else, its just that I have not found a single Chinese company that is not a MAJOR pain in the ass to deal with. I have lots of really good suppliers all over the world, but the only thing I buy from China is batteries, because they don't seem to make them anywhere else.

Guess what single component causes me the most headaches??

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! Since I stopped smoking I can spend 8.00 a day on something worth while. And I don't have to empty the ashtray! Can't get enough Mods or attys!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saddle, I HATE buying stuff from China. Has nothing to do with nationalism or anything else, its just that I have not found a single Chinese company that is not a MAJOR pain in the ass to deal with. I have lots of really good suppliers all over the world, but the only thing I buy from China is batteries, because they don't seem to make them anywhere else.

Guess what single component causes me the most headaches??
I understand. My credit card works world wide. If you would like to share a place I can buy from I would be grateful
I just buy where I can. No emotion about it. It's just a transaction to me.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just want to point out. FDV was the first to market with this design and there are subtle differences between the ones hes selling and the other two that resemble the ones from his site. They were designed by a member on the breaktru forums, who was kind enough to share his blue prints.

Well, I'm not which is which, but I know Wylie AKA Podunk Steam works with FDV on things.
Not sure if he supplies or just gets some parts for his own creations. Dunno...

Read here for more info. and pics: http://www.vapeatron.com/stainless-steel-spring-loaded-510-connectors-podunk-87281-page2/#post429153

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pulled the trigger on a Fat Daddy 510 .22mm today. I am going to use a Motorcycle battery to power it. The Hammond box I got is too small for 2 18650's.

DarthRTFM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have addresses! It's on now :cool: www. digikey.com, mouser.com, onlinecomponents.com. I am thankful to Vapers that took the time to help me. Damn I love this Forum! Hide the women & Booze, I got a mission. Time to break out the (dry herbs & beer) it's probin' time. :cool:
You need to head over to Reddit and the OpenPV subreddit. This information is far from secret, you've just not looked in the right place. The guys over there are also insanely cool and would be more than happen to answer any questions you might have. Mod on Modder!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need to head over to Reddit and the OpenPV subreddit. This information is far from secret, you've just not looked in the right place. The guys over there are also insanely cool and would be more than happen to answer any questions you might have. Mod on Modder!
Thanks Brother Man! Thought Reddit was one of those "social" things like twitter or facebook. I am not a bird, I don't "tweet" & really don't care how many friends I have. My friends are few, but strong. I am not a prude, I just don't care if someone just washed their car, or what kind of shirt they just bought.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moments away from throwing about $100.00 worth of boards & other parts in the trash VU helped me out again! Thanks DarthRTFM. Big Time. I have ruined 4 boards trying to figure this out. There it was, Pin 1 = Remote on/off
Pin 2 =+ V in, Pin 3 = ground, Pin 4 = Output trim. I have been looking for this for weeks. Except for being wired, my box mod is finished. All that will be left to do, is stuff it in the box & fire it up. Oh, VJ put out an alert. Clone Hanna Modz Box with wires, switches, ect. $23.00 on Fast Tech.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may be trippin' but I can't find the thread Why is box mod hardware a secret. Is it gone? Home/ Forum/ Mod/ PV Producers/ General Discussion. Anyone know about this?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I followed this diagram, took the 510 out of an Ego Stick battery cause I could stand it no more, wired it upokr-t10-wiring.png & just fired off my first Box mod! I'm a building virgin no more! If I can find a diagram for the OKR2 T-20, it's next. YEE Haaa. It works, most of the battle is won. Thanks MAMU wherever you are.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a place on EBay for parts cheap. I just hope there not cheap parts. Switches, resistors, ect. Tayda2009 is the seller. He is in Hong Kong. If V Joe buys China parts as well it don't bother me. But I'm old and just don't give a crap. I Spent north of 90.00 this am. Mouser, EBay, & Fat Daddy & FT are happier. Enough to make 4 Box Mods. I know now I can do it. OKR T/10's are enough for anybody. Unless you use welding rod for Kanthal. Or that Dude on You Tube that Vaped off a 400 watt, Fog Machine. He's a braver Man than Me.

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^just got 6 of those in the mail. They look pretty good but haven't used one yet.

Almost a year smoke free

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Fat Daddy 510's just rock. That it a real important part. I don't put bald tires on a street rod. I sent a 12 Hour old Hanna Mod back to FT for crappy parts.

Celcius666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
asy6a5us.jpg

I did youse this one for the boxes I made, don't know if it's gonna work for the T20..
I have 2 boards ready for boxes but I can't decide which boxes too buy, really want a hammond alu box for 2x18500 batteries. All the boxes I have made so far is barely fitting 2x18350 and the chip + switch, so want a box there just is a little bigger in hight for the 18500 but it seems like I can't finde one.. maby it's just me who can't because it's all stands in inch and not mm like I'm use to

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used Her diagram on the T/10 I had & it worked perfect. I used 1 18650. Also, you can find a inch to mm converter at Google. I have a ruler that has both.

Celcius666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used Her diagram on the T/10 I had & it worked perfect. I used 1 18650. Also, you can find a inch to mm converter at Google. I have a ruler that has both.
I will tjek it out, have been working a lot this week so sadly I haven't got eny free time for looking after a box or the converter scheme. But might have the time for it later today, need to finde a couple boxes because the abs box as I youse now is on the way to break in the holes for the screws:(

Celcius666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry what do you mean whit 6 6 thing.. working from 6-6 or ??

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live that and make something better for it. I would like to roll in the bus with Stevie Ray
I put my dick in the same place as Stevie Ray.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Give it up for the Golf Girls! Some of them still have Boobs, Back to you I don\t know about you but I like Boobs, I just love em.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I liked to touch your Mothers legs. That's another storyl Don't piss me off' I/m not the girl that will crank You. Stand By.I shot a gun, I asked if I needed to keep some guy in my room. I got really needed to go to America. Pussy is just Pussy. We have people that pussy is not a issue.

vapingunited

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here's a pretty decent parts list (with links) for an OKR-T10 box mod...

VU Sponsors