Become a Patron!

Why is box mod hardware a secret

I picked up my chip from FT, received it in 12 days no issues. Still have to order cradle, buttons, and window. After it's all said and done it will look like one of these. Those are all unregulated dual 18650 in parallel, 18g solid wiring, spring loaded 510 connector. Magnets on battery plates

4yda3ejy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wondering where you got the boxes from or did you do the final paint job yourself? Trying to find a good box to build and so far I'm struggling to find any places that just sell boxes.

George Harrier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
does anyone know where i could find c-frames? need some for a few builds.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For anybody looking to get their feet wet, if you already have a base knowledge of electronics, glance over this wiki. Then read every link in these sections imo: FAQ, Diagrams and Build Guides. Be aware of the utility of the "Useful Links."

That you can avoid the newb questions to /r/OpenPV that historically get people blasted by elitists and those similarly hazed when they started. The wiki is imperfect but it kinda works. The elitism is stronger in the boxmodder FB group but the info is often better. In that group's wiki "don't be that guy" I had to read it 3x to see what the guy did wrong lol. FB is as harsh and clicky as 4chan :p

Podunk Steam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LOL! I guess I'm kinda, sort of or almost infamous.
I was making 510 spring loaded connectors from the Fat Daddy Vapes stainless steel 510s. I put out a few and yes my name is what has been posted, could you please remove my address? I hope I don't get ganked for posting this, I just couldn't compete with the Chinese where most of these 510s come from now.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someday I will build a Mod that will mow the lawn. There already is a lawn mower that works from a smart phone. I'm vapin' & Mowin'. I like that concept. :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found a Mower already. 2000.00 Plus Mod control, 2050.00 ? Have to get the codes for their remote. Sell good in Fla.

VU Sponsors