Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Aegis makes some OUTSTANDING mods! They can even survive ME! :teehee:

Still gotta get a Solo...

Andria
Hi Andria. Yep, I was recently given an Aegis X. I used to be here a couple of years ago, when I tried to come back on I had forgotten who I was so to speak so had to rejoin. I remember you though. You gave me advice on a strawberry diy with one of your favourite flavours being Inw Shisha. Good to see you still kicking around.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Today I made a coil for the Aqua Master V2 tank that showed up a day or 2 ago. Aside from it being bottom airflow, I like it.

That is a really good-looking tank. Any leaking from it so far? Can you give specifics on the coil you made for it?

ETA: Hang on, in the other thread you already did, I think. .6 ohms, 6 or 7 wraps, stainless, right? What diameter? Round or Clapton?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made the first purchase of the new year, vape stuffs. Riversupply (nic river) is running a 20% off sale. As I understood from someone's post elsewhere on the forums here, the deal is 20% off the first 20hrs of 2020. So not quite a 24hr sale, if it began at midnight should be good til 8pm wherever the hell they're located.

Got some restocks of flavorings I was low on, picked up some new flavors to try. OOO milkshake, a few blueberries, jackfruit, quince, cherimoya, liquid amber, apricot and some others. 780ml of flavoring for $62. Saved a little over $15.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That is a really good-looking tank. Any leaking from it so far? Can you give specifics on the coil you made for it?
ETA: Hang on, in the other thread you already did, I think. .6 ohms, 6 or 7 wraps, stainless, right? What diameter? Round or Clapton?

Well I took it back to the smaller glass. I really hate bubble glass, made adjusting the AF just too stupid. While I was at it, I swapped out the o-rings. They're just crap. I'll have to look around and see what's in my coiling stuff, I keep a lot of spares in there. These are CRAP. And yes, some leaking. Maybe the o-rings, maybe being a bottom AF, but most RTAs don't give me fits like this one has in less that 24 hours. The AF ring is kinda weird. I don't know what kind of material this is on there, but when you take a paper towel or tissue to it, it leaves a lot of dust. Oh, you know how you have to close the AF when you top fill, then you have to turn it upside down, open the AF, close it again, flip it back over, then open it again? Yeah, I hate that, LOL. No separate JF. When did that stop? I've gotten so set it my ways... OG Zeus and I'm happy, so I predict going back to that one today.

Coil is SS, 26g, just a simple round wire. With this smaller glass on it, figured it was the smarter choice, as the only other SS I have is triple core fused clapton. It's a juice hog even with round wire.

Sucks, man. I love the color, I love the look of it, flavor is definitely good. Glad I didn't pay very much for it. Was under $20 at Sourcemore. Boooo.

@KingPin! save your money, or share your tricks. Maybe it's just this one :(

Jeez Louise, this reads like a bad mood bitch on wheels kinda post. Damn. For real, it's just the tank.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m looking at 100mg nic at VT and River. Not sure which to get, since a liter is almost half the price at NR.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I’m looking at 100mg nic at VT and River. Not sure which to get, since a liter is almost half the price at NR.
But not as good as Vaperstek.
A friend of mine got some from NR and it smelled funny.
They sent him a replacement and it was good, but he said not as good as VT or Liquid Barn.
I think you get what you pay for. (Unless you get in on the Holiday sales)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered 5 Smok Prince RBAs at Eightvape for $0.99 a piece. I also cleared out their Ijoy Exo X C-4 coils. They're Baby Beast compatible, the kind with 4 cylinders. I wanted 32 of the 5-Packs for $8 ($0.25 per), but they only had 22 packs left. I'll take em!

If any of you need an RBA for your Prince tank, get one while it's cheap!

I almost ordered so much Vaporesso stuff but I ended up putting it all back. They got several kits and mods for cheap. I kept going back and forth in my mind but decided I didn't need any of it. Now I regret not getting a Swag kit for $20. I know someone with a really beat up Pico. A Swag would probably be a good replacement.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Well I took it back to the smaller glass. I really hate bubble glass, made adjusting the AF just too stupid. While I was at it, I swapped out the o-rings. They're just crap. I'll have to look around and see what's in my coiling stuff, I keep a lot of spares in there. These are CRAP. And yes, some leaking. Maybe the o-rings, maybe being a bottom AF, but most RTAs don't give me fits like this one has in less that 24 hours. The AF ring is kinda weird. I don't know what kind of material this is on there, but when you take a paper towel or tissue to it, it leaves a lot of dust. Oh, you know how you have to close the AF when you top fill, then you have to turn it upside down, open the AF, close it again, flip it back over, then open it again? Yeah, I hate that, LOL. No separate JF. When did that stop? I've gotten so set it my ways... OG Zeus and I'm happy, so I predict going back to that one today.

Coil is SS, 26g, just a simple round wire. With this smaller glass on it, figured it was the smarter choice, as the only other SS I have is triple core fused clapton. It's a juice hog even with round wire.

Sucks, man. I love the color, I love the look of it, flavor is definitely good. Glad I didn't pay very much for it. Was under $20 at Sourcemore. Boooo.

Jeez Louise, this reads like a bad mood bitch on wheels kinda post. Damn. For real, it's just the tank.

is this the aqua Huck?

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I cut, sanded, stained, and varnished new shelves to expand my corner shelf for the new additions to my collection. Once the rest of my Xmas sale orders get here I will have to add a few more shelves, which are already finished and ready to be hung.
e2cee9ff84062fe0d75fb8a3aed4e600.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cut, sanded, stained, and varnished new shelves to expand my corner shelf for the new additions to my collection. Once the rest of my Xmas sale orders get here I will have to add a few more shelves, which are already finished and ready to be hung.

Very nice but too much dusting type of maintenance for me.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Heartland Vapes has a $10 off deal right now on nic. No code needed, it comes off in your cart. Ends today.

Have you tried their nic, Huck? I bought one liter from VT months ago since you recommended them. Happy New Year! :cheers:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

We need the Winner emoji for this, Edwin. Awesome!!

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Damn!!! That's friggin sweet!!!

With a little help from my friends here :cheers:, I ordered a liter of nic so that I will be prepared for the unexpected. I don't like gettin caught with my pants down unless it's by a bunch of cheerleaders...:bingo:

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Very nice but too much dusting type of maintenance for me.
I wanted to get a lighted glass corner cabinet, but the wife gave me those "I just dare you..." eyes...

So like any good husband, I tucked my tail between my legs (...for now...) and just went with the wooden corner shelves.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Oh wow- about the AquaMaster RTA- I didn't have any problems like that with mine, sorry you are having issues with yours-
Mine actually came from @Heartsdelight - she didn't care for the blue- so I ordered and sent a new SS AquaMaster to her and she sent me her blue ,so all was assembled when I got it. I have rebuilt it a few times since. I do not have the bubble glass on mine either.
I didn't notice any problems with the O rings either.

:hug:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi Andria. Yep, I was recently given an Aegis X. I used to be here a couple of years ago, when I tried to come back on I had forgotten who I was so to speak so had to rejoin. I remember you though. You gave me advice on a strawberry diy with one of your favourite flavours being Inw Shisha. Good to see you still kicking around.

Yeah, I'm not around here as much as I used to be; I spend a lot of time correcting the lies and ignorance and plain ol stupidity of the anti-vaping idiots on Quora these days, just trying to make sure that actual truth is spoken about vaping SOMEWHERE. But I do manage to swing by to see my buds here on VU at least a couple or three times a week. :)

Andria

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, I'm not around here as much as I used to be; I spend a lot of time correcting the lies and ignorance and plain ol stupidity of the anti-vaping idiots on Quora these days, just trying to make sure that actual truth is spoken about vaping SOMEWHERE. But I do manage to swing by to see my buds here on VU at least a couple or three times a week. :)

Andria
Gee Andria, dealing with idiots & stupid these days would be a full time job. They are multiplying at an exponential rate these days. The term "breeding as fast as rabbits" will soon be replaced by "breeding as fast as stupid".
Cheers Andria.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gee Andria, dealing with idiots & stupid these days would be a full time job. They are multiplying at an exponential rate these days. The term "breeding as fast as rabbits" will soon be replaced by "breeding as fast as stupid".
Cheers Andria.

You damn sure got that right. I can't believe some of the total asinine stupidity I read on Quora sometimes about vaping. Sometimes I just HAVE TO run back here where people are actually SANE... mostly. :teehee: Except of course for those of us who are completely around the bend about cats. :giggle:

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn!!! That's friggin sweet!!!

With a little help from my friends here :cheers:, I ordered a liter of nic so that I will be prepared for the unexpected. I don't like gettin caught with my pants down unless it's by a bunch of cheerleaders...:bingo:

Lol How much nic do you have, BB?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
is this the aqua Huck?
Yes, unfortunately. One of the o-rings was completely stuck to the tank, the other one twisted all up, swapped them out, but the spares are really thin. Having better success with the smaller glass, haven' had any major issues since I swapped it back, just have to get used to "burping" the airflow again, LOL. Aside from that, which I know sounds like a lot, Super easy to build, really good flavor. I was very frustrated with this tank for a big chunk of yesterday, and early today.
Have you tried their nic, Huck? I bought one liter from VT months ago since you recommended them. Happy New Year!
I have it, just got here last week. Haven't tried it yet because I don't have enough bottles to transfer it to just yet, and I didn't want to open it til then. One of the other moderators lives near them, has the luxury of local pick up. He's been telling me about them for years, but this will be my first experience trying it. Vaperstek no longer carries the throat hit nic, so the last one I got from them is the last I'll be able to get of it. As much as I'd like to still throw my business her way, twice the price for premium doesn't fit my budget right now. Really good nic, no doubt.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I wanted to get a lighted glass corner cabinet, but the wife gave me those "I just dare you..." eyes...

So like any good husband, I tucked my tail between my legs (...for now...) and just went with the wooden corner shelves.

A lighted cabinet would’ve been just a smidge OTT, Edwin! :giggle: Not that your collection doesn’t rock. Those shelves are cool, imho.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You damn sure got that right. I can't believe some of the total asinine stupidity I read on Quora sometimes about vaping. Sometimes I just HAVE TO run back here where people are actually SANE... mostly. :teehee: Except of course for those of us who are completely around the bend about cats. :giggle:

Andria

Gratuitous pussy shot :teehee:Pussy shot.jpg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, unfortunately. One of the o-rings was completely stuck to the tank, the other one twisted all up, swapped them out, but the spares are really thin. Having better success with the smaller glass, haven' had any major issues since I swapped it back, just have to get used to "burping" the airflow again, LOL. Aside from that, which I know sounds like a lot, Super easy to build, really good flavor. I was very frustrated with this tank for a big chunk of yesterday, and early today.

I have it, just got here last week. Haven't tried it yet because I don't have enough bottles to transfer it to just yet, and I didn't want to open it til then. One of the other moderators lives near them, has the luxury of local pick up. He's been telling me about them for years, but this will be my first experience trying it. Vaperstek no longer carries the throat hit nic, so the last one I got from them is the last I'll be able to get of it. As much as I'd like to still throw my business her way, twice the price for premium doesn't fit my budget right now. Really good nic, no doubt.

I just bought 250ml of nic from Heartland, along with some VG and some TFA Black Honey. I didn’t want to get a liter since I really don’t have room for all of this in my apartment. I think the 250ml I got should give me about 2 liters of nic now. I haven’t opened any, so it’s still sealed and being stored all over the place! No room in the freezer right now.

Edit: My order was $33 off including a 60ml of their Blueberry juice.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Heartland Vapes has a $10 off deal right now on nic. No code needed, it comes off in your cart. Ends today.
Thanks for the tip! I saved $20 on my order! I normally buy 1000mg and dilute it myself, but at this price and with discount I couldn't pass it up!
9045fc078f3a94057f758ed6bb75cb44.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Sniff. That makes me LONG for spring, so my banana plant will come back to life and shade my bedroom window. Right now it's a frost-bitten husk. :sad: But so far winter has been fairly mild; hopefully it stays that way!

Andria

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Enjoying a few days off before I begin another show run. This time an opera. Been glued to the couch watching football. I did get up to go see the Star Wars movie, but then resumed my vegetative state. After all games were concluded I broke down and cleaned some unused RDAs to get stored.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Enjoying a few days off before I begin another show run. This time an opera. Been glued to the couch watching football. I did get up to go see the Star Wars movie, but then resumed my vegetative state. After all games were concluded I broke down and cleaned some unused RDAs to get stored.

I’m sorry to hear it’s opera, after the Nutcracker! :hug:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That sucks. Usually unless there's a flaw like the kylin tanks or whatever where the pressfit deck was screwed from the factory, leaks are generally due to wicking. Not all rta's require that whole flip and burp thing, wasn't that the deal with an older rta like the boreas? Some are a pain in the ass by design, poorly designed. I liked the flavor off the ammit rta (original not 25 or dual or mtl). But those tiny ass holes in the deck of what looked like large juice ports made wick placement a royal pain. Also the tank wanting to separate in the middle when trying to remove the top cap to fill, then the glass would separate, any remaining juice would piss all over. Poor design imo.

I share your feelings on the absence of jfc. The older rta's had it, now they've done away with it. In spite of 'advanced tech' like swapping open airflow for honeycomb they've largely done away with jfc. Cheap bastards, that's what it boils down to. I'd like to get a fatality m25, it's kinda tall with quirky double airflow but it still has jfc.

I sorta fight that same thing on the manta rta. I prefer the look and capacity with the bubble glass but it's more squared off like the reload rather than bulbous. Hard to get fingers down to the airflow ring though with it still on the mod. So I just open and fill it with the airflow wide open. Sometimes it dribbles a little, other times it doesn't. If it does I just spin it off the mod, give it a couple quick purges blowing back through the rta and wipe the juice off. Take a vape or two and any leaking is gone. Just that initial fill and probably because I don't close the afc - which I wouldn't have to if the lazy fucks would've included jfc. It served a purpose, who knew. lol.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Funny you mention the Ammit. That's one I still use all the time. It's on my beat up Pico that I carry to work. This one has become so reliable, that any issue it has is something I didn't do right. The 25mm one was fine, until I went to use the extender. Leak city. As the 2ml tank, it was fine, really good flavor. Right now, with the Aqua Master, aside from the crap o-rings that it came with, and the upside down burping bit, I do like it. I love the color of blue it is. And I'll have to keep it to the smaller glass. If it were a top AF, no biggie. That'd be aweseome really.

I never see RTAs in all the colors they make subohm tanks in. Real shame. This one is really pretty, though.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I
Funny you mention the Ammit. That's one I still use all the time. It's on my beat up Pico that I carry to work. This one has become so reliable, that any issue it has is something I didn't do right. The 25mm one was fine, until I went to use the extender. Leak city. As the 2ml tank, it was fine, really good flavor. Right now, with the Aqua Master, aside from the crap o-rings that it came with, and the upside down burping bit, I do like it. I love the color of blue it is. And I'll have to keep it to the smaller glass. If it were a top AF, no biggie. That'd be aweseome really.

I never see RTAs in all the colors they make subohm tanks in. Real shame. This one is really pretty, though.
I liked the ammit for flavor and nice clean build deck. Just so many quirks. Overlooking having to cut the leads super short since the posts are all but butted against the inner chamber (shorts/arcing). That fill cap just fought the shit out of me. If I screwed it down completely, it got stuck. Smooth cap so hard to grip, came apart in the middle.

I'd have to take the tank all apart, grip the top from the inside once it was off the glass and deck and grip the fill cap to separate them. Once it finally wore in enough to stop being a bitch, it was too worn and the seals were letting air in. It started leaking. Replaced the orings, back to the fill cap getting stuck. I even tried just barely screwing the cap on to where there was a visible gap between that piece with the fill ports that holds the glass and the fill cap. SOB just fought me. Finally got sick of it and the manta doesn't do that b.s. Different design, it's not a split tank. The frame piece with the fill ports that the glass fits to, extends all the way down to the chamber as one piece so it can't come apart in the middle. Still miss jfc though.

Would probably still use my ehpro bachelor, it was a nice single coil. Except that swing away fill cap, they don't offer a replacement silicone seal for it. Juice tends to seep out the top because the silicone's wore down. You're right most rta's don't have a ton of colors. Usually just black, stainless, maybe a gray or gunmetal. I went through a black phase for awhile, they matched my mod but since getting this axial rda in stainless I've been enjoying the bare metal polished look like the older rta's and rda's.

VU Sponsors