Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I caved and did some more orders... :giggle: Had to place 2 separate orders to use the discount codes because the website only accepts one at a time, but saved almost $8 bucks by doing so. Couldn't pass up another Geek Vape Aegis Legend for under $23 bucks, I love the one that I have, very rugged and well built. The other was a buy one get one on a juice I've been wanting to try. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm done with building my mod collection and will focus on juices...I think...:D This time I mean it...stop laughing...:devil:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That's interesting, here in Australia I have never come across South African juices. Used to by ready made but turned to DIY to save some dollars. I do now and then see some flavour test/trials from an African vape site which is pretty good but I can't right now recall its name.
I do have some menthol concentrate in my cupboard too and have tried it with a number of flavours. To date though I haven't hit on one I could vape all day. All my ones I use I could easily vape all day or for days on end. I'll keep that flavour mix you mentioned in mind though and in the future try it.
Cheers Rob.

In DIY of my own I've found that the combo of mint and Koolada often work better with berry flavors than actual menthol, but then again, it depends on personal taste. Mint/koolada is a sweeter and a bit softer flavor, and you can control the intensity of that "whoosh" feeling by using more or less Koolada.

VapeWild has a really good berry/mint flavor called Cowboy Cooler, was one of my favorites when I was still buying pre-made juice.

Also have a pretty decent berry/mint recipe if you're interested.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I caved and did some more orders... :giggle: Had to place 2 separate orders to use the discount codes because the website only accepts one at a time, but saved almost $8 bucks by doing so. Couldn't pass up another Geek Vape Aegis Legend for under $23 bucks, I love the one that I have, very rugged and well built. The other was a buy one get one on a juice I've been wanting to try. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm done with building my mod collection and will focus on juices...I think...:D This time I mean it...stop laughing...:devil:

Yeah, I said that too, then ordered another mod because it's an older model that I've been chasing, then an RTA to go with it because nothing I have matches, then an AIO because it was on sale for super cheap, with pods to go with, etc. etc. $23 is a damn steal for a Legend, don't blame you for not passing on that one.

At some point, though, your intention and mine are correct - we need juice and/or mixing supplies. If we don't stock up, I'm afraid we're all going to be sorry, and sooner rather than later.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
we need juice and/or mixing supplies.

Bulk nicotine is what everyone should stock up on - everything else for DIY juice can be legally obtained easily by non-vaping means

If that tax on Nic written into the Federal budget stayed in - whoo boy - the cost for Nic is going to skyrocket to such a price that prohibitions will be unneeded, the cost alone will shut out unprepared vapers

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i have an idea for ya. easy for your guy to make. nearly free. and on/off your kitchen table super easy. and not big.
I have a really old piece that's something like jelly cabinet, has a ton of storage, cabinets, drawers, shelves and a prep station. I wish I knew what exactly it's called. Thinking about bringing that downstairs and swapping it out with another piece of furniture that doesn't get used much anymore. It's a beautiful piece, so I'll post a pic of it when I get it moved. Right now, it's in a catch all room with stuff piled on top of it, not being given the respect it deserves.. And I'm too lazy to go up there right to move shit, lol. My parents got it on one of their many antiquing adventures, so it's a piece I chose when they passed.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have a really old piece that's something like jelly cabinet, has a ton of storage, cabinets, drawers, shelves and a prep station. I wish I knew what exactly it's called. Thinking about bringing that downstairs and swapping it out with another piece of furniture that doesn't get used much anymore. It's a beautiful piece, so I'll post a pic of it when I get it moved. Right now, it's in a catch all room with stuff piled on top of it, not being given the respect it deserves.. And I'm too lazy to go up there right to move shit, lol. My parents got it on one of their many antiquing adventures, so it's a piece I chose when they passed.

Sounds like a Hoosier cabinet...

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

ok. my idea would work on there also, depending. just say'n

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes!!! That's what it is, thank you! It's really cool, too. On the left said, it has a thing you pull toward you, looks like you'd put a bag of flour or something in it.

My aunt, who kept me when I was still a pre-schooler, had one on her back porch. When she made biscuits, she'd give me a little bit of the dough to play with, so I made many little kid biscuits on the work surface of her cabinet. :)

Hers had that tilt-out bin, too, also on the left side. She kept corn meal in it.

Derailed again. Jeez. Sorry. Let's get back on task here.

Last edited:

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I played armageddon model...
9c187d2b3fb21f9e112a2849c28b9840.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, what did I do that's vape related? Started to take advantage of the bullcity 15% sale. Painstakingly went through hunting and adding flavors. Put in a cart. Realized I wasn't spending enough to get free shipping and then saw the 15% barely covered shipping. Not to mention to compare it to riversupply I made the same exact cart save for 2 flavors they didn't have. Same amount of flavoring, actually more because most of them were small bottles so 15ml vs bullcity's 10ml. Came out to about the same price with no sale at all. Decided 15% off at bullcity was more like bullshit and said fuck it. I'll wait for a better sale. Meh.

Of the flavorings I was going to try, flv alpine strawberry (hell no at those prices). Not paying over a dollar a ml for flavoring even if it is supposedly heavily concentrated. Was thinking of trying fw circus peanuts, but apparently fw direct is the only place to get it. That means a whole order and shipping for one fricken flavor. Was going to try flv guanabana, bullcity's out of 10-15ml and not spending $10 something to try it.

Just stumbled across diyvaporsupply's site, seems they have flv guanabana, fw circus peanuts, flv cherimoya. Bout the only thing they don't seem to carry that I was curious to try is vt's banana custard. Sucks trying to get free shipping from places when you have to get one thing here, one thing there. Also hard paying about the same for 10ml flavorings as 15ml.

TL;DR - I did nothing. lmao.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
In DIY of my own I've found that the combo of mint and Koolada often work better with berry flavors than actual menthol, but then again, it depends on personal taste. Mint/koolada is a sweeter and a bit softer flavor, and you can control the intensity of that "whoosh" feeling by using more or less Koolada.

VapeWild has a really good berry/mint flavor called Cowboy Cooler, was one of my favorites when I was still buying pre-made juice.

Also have a pretty decent berry/mint recipe if you're interested.
Hmm, I'll have to try a koolada next time I put an order in. Wont be for a few months now as I stocked up to cover summer and didn't want my things delivered sitting in the back of a van all day with 30's to 40's degree c heat.
Vape wild have some lovely flavours though. I used to buy them before I started mixing. Their Chocolate fudge cake was great.

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, what did I do that's vape related? Started to take advantage of the bullcity 15% sale. Painstakingly went through hunting and adding flavors. Put in a cart. Realized I wasn't spending enough to get free shipping and then saw the 15% barely covered shipping. Not to mention to compare it to riversupply I made the same exact cart save for 2 flavors they didn't have. Same amount of flavoring, actually more because most of them were small bottles so 15ml vs bullcity's 10ml. Came out to about the same price with no sale at all. Decided 15% off at bullcity was more like bullshit and said fuck it. I'll wait for a better sale. Meh.

Of the flavorings I was going to try, flv alpine strawberry (hell no at those prices). Not paying over a dollar a ml for flavoring even if it is supposedly heavily concentrated. Was thinking of trying fw circus peanuts, but apparently fw direct is the only place to get it. That means a whole order and shipping for one fricken flavor. Was going to try flv guanabana, bullcity's out of 10-15ml and not spending $10 something to try it.

Just stumbled across diyvaporsupply's site, seems they have flv guanabana, fw circus peanuts, flv cherimoya. Bout the only thing they don't seem to carry that I was curious to try is vt's banana custard. Sucks trying to get free shipping from places when you have to get one thing here, one thing there. Also hard paying about the same for 10ml flavorings as 15ml.

spent soo much to get free shipping-I finally realized it was -in some cases-much cheaper to pay shipping--

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going after the lowest price is good but can be a losing proposition.
Say a gas station 5 miles out of my way has gas for .05 cheaper than a handy one on my way.
I would spend more in gas going to the other station than I would save.

Same concept with buying enough stuff to get free shipping if I wind up buying stuff that I really do not need or even want just to qualify for free shipping.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

That Alpine Strawberry might be ok if you vape a whole lot of strawberry. It is apparently SO heavily concentrated that even 1% of it is far too much. o_O I am not strawberry's biggest fan, and even though I wouldn't mind trying that flavor, there's no way in hell I'd pay that much for it. It would be more strawberry than I'd use in the rest of my life.

It would have been nice to find that at Gremlin DIY for 40% off. If they had it to begin with, I'm sure it was one of the first flavors to go out of stock. There might be other Flv flavors they do still have that would be worth ordering from there, but I do not see the Guanabana.

Completely agree with you and have experienced it myself about out of stocks and/or flavors not carried by different sellers, sometimes it's not practical to order at all if you can't get everything at one place. In recent memory I know I moved an entire order from one seller to another because one was OOS on Cap Chocolate Fudge Brownie (my favorite chocolate, and one flavor I try very hard not to run out of).

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have some of the 20650 batteries, awesome batteries...
3000mAh 30 amp, great the Armageddon V3 and for mechs that will accept a 20700 or an 18650 with adapter. I wanted to re-wrap them but no wraps for a 20650 so I took some 21700 wraps and cut them down.

903edd014b227b56edc3a9e1d17b8cc2.jpg

d4e322bfe1005369d2ee21cfbb98496f.jpg

fa448390c5f73ed1dbb1b92493a157a8.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I have some of the 20650 batteries, awesome batteries...
3000mAh 30 amp, great the Armageddon V3 and for mechs that will accept a 20700 or an 18650 with adapter. I wanted to re-wrap them but no wraps for a 20650 so I took some 21700 wraps and cut them down.

903edd014b227b56edc3a9e1d17b8cc2.jpg

d4e322bfe1005369d2ee21cfbb98496f.jpg

fa448390c5f73ed1dbb1b92493a157a8.jpg

I dig that battery wrap, where do you get them???

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

For the last few years that BCF have been my goto I usually miss their sales for numerous reasons. So even when I pay full price I find it worthwhile for the incredible service.. Just my humble opinion...

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get the point of always trying to get free shipping, I'm not against shipping. What I meant was looking for flavors. It wasn't necessary, was going to give fw circus peanuts a try. Riversupply doesn't have it, bullcity doesn't have it. Only place I'd found it was straight from flavor west. No other fw flavors I was interested in, so there's one purchase with a shipping fee for 1 item. Then I wanted to get guanabana, riversupply didn't have it, bullcity did but was sold out of smaller bottles. So the smallest bottle I could get to 'try' is $10, I don't like spending a ton or getting a big bottle just to try a new flavor and find out it's a nasty flavor I can't stand. Flavorah's site did have the smaller bottle of guanabana in stock, nothing else I wanted from flavorah to justify it. There's another 1 flavor from a separate place and separate shipping.

That's what I was getting at. Not trying to buy a single flavor here and a single flavor there and rack up $30-40 in shipping because each place wants $5-8 shipping. That's just retarded. lol. I wouldn't drive 30min out of my way to save $0.05 a gal on gas, but I'm sure as hell not trying to drive all over town and get a gal of gas from each gas station. Also online ordering is nothing like driving around, it's all shipped to home.

The issue I had with bullcity, their small tester bottles are 10ml. I added up the same cart at river supply but with 15ml flavorings. Off sale the price at riversupply was the same as the bullcity cart with 15% off and the majority of items I was planning to get to try out had 50% more product. Plus it was enough to get free shipping at riversupply where I wasn't even close with bullcity. There were only 2 flavors riversupply didn't have that bullcity did, at bullcity they amounted to $8.50. The cart price at BC was $57 with the sale discount, the price at riversupply was $50.89 off sale. Less the two items to make it fair/identical, $50.89 and 390ml of flavoring regular price vs $49.78 for 320ml at BC with a sale. Just kind of bummed that a sale barely made them competitive on price at face value, less so when considering the 20% less product for the same price. And while BC still had a couple other flavors riversupply didn't, they were still lacking enough I'd have had to go to 2 other places and pay shipping there and there.

In the end probably for the best. Mail around here hasn't had the best track record. A friend tried to mail me something, it took off on an adventure to an out of way state entirely and though it was mailed in advance of the holiday it's been in limbo for close to 2 weeks now on priority shipping. Another package sent to her son got returned as no known address. Yet another package she was expecting also ended up in Memphis for no known reason out of the way lol.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If any of you still have money left after ordering a bazillion times from Eightvape:

Code 20MFSRDA gets you 20% off rebuildables at myfreedomsmokes.com

Also they have an Artery Pal II Pro RBA kit available for $6.95 that will fit a bunch of different pod/AIO devices (Artery Pal II and Pal II Pro series, Pal stick, Aspire Spryte, iJoy Mercury, Hellvape Grimm, and others) with no waiting for FT or 3FVape.

Elder Dragon on sale for $11.95. A fantastic deal even before the 20% off.

I got two RBA kits and an Elder Dragon shipped for about $25.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If any of you still have money left after ordering a bazillion times from Eightvape:

Code 20MFSRDA gets you 20% off rebuildables at myfreedomsmokes.com

Also they have an Artery Pal II Pro RBA kit available for $6.95 that will fit a bunch of different pod/AIO devices (Artery Pal II and Pal II Pro series, Pal stick, Aspire Spryte, iJoy Mercury, Hellvape Grimm, and others) with no waiting for FT or 3FVape.

Elder Dragon on sale for $11.95. A fantastic deal even before the 20% off.

I got two RBA kits and an Elder Dragon shipped for about $25.
Not a Bazillion, but 7 times!
Thanks for the tip on MFS.
I needed to spend more money!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed up some juice, finished off the last of my la banana cream mixing 100ml of that bombies nana cream. Mixed another 60ml of king's custard, 120ml of some strawberry cheesecake and like 45ml of a strawberry cream recipe called god's milk. Would've made more but finished off the last of the bottle of nic and didn't feel like cracking open another one. That was the first small bottle I got from nic river, the 48mg stuff that came with the old kit. Also finished off one of my small bottles of cap sweet strawberry. Guessing I'll need to order that in larger bottles next time. lol. Kinda like fixing dinner from all the leftovers to finish stuff up.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Broke my fireluke 2 tank glass... so I replaced it with a new one, vape band didn’t save it one bit lol. Now I have to go buy another replacement glass in case it happens again and extra o-rings. For some reason it didn’t come with extra o-rings.

Oh well.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bored today so I made a couple of custom screens for my Triade.

These are the screens you see when it starts up. :)

c9b446093e0981a4d707fad90cef6191.jpg

db11b4737d1bec5c037fb5bb1069a9f5.jpg

That’s awesome!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Broke my fireluke 2 tank glass... so I replaced it with a new one, vape band didn’t save it one bit lol. Now I have to go buy another replacement glass in case it happens again and extra o-rings. For some reason it didn’t come with extra o-rings.

Oh well.
Spare glass are a must. Unless you need one right away, if just looking to keep some extras the chinese sources like fasttech, gearbest etc tend to have pretty good deals on replacement glass most of the time. For me it seems to go in cycles, I'll go 8-9mo and never break a glass. Then bust like 2 within 5 days, then be good for another 6mo. lmao.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Spare glass are a must. Unless you need one right away, if just looking to keep some extras the chinese sources like fasttech, gearbest etc tend to have pretty good deals on replacement glass most of the time. For me it seems to go in cycles, I'll go 8-9mo and never break a glass. Then bust like 2 within 5 days, then be good for another 6mo. lmao.
Yeah I know!! When I first got my solo I dropped it so many times but luckily the glass never broke and then I bought a pack of vape bands for extra protection, never dropped it again. But then my twister slipped right out of hands! I’m definitely getting another glass replacement just in case! I’ll most likely order from fasttech! Thank you so much!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I actually cancelled a couple of orders yesterday. Vape budget was completely shot (or OVER shot) and of course that's when I found the Squid AIO I've been looking for at an awesome price.

Cancelled a GT-T V2 at FT, a Limitless Classic 220 at ecig-city, and RBAs and the Elder Dragon at MFS. Bought the Squid Industries Squad AIO with RTA at VaporRange.

Tried to cancel the Smok Trinity Alpha at Eightvape, since it sat there for days with a status of "unfulfilled." Quickest way to get Eightvape to ship something? E-mail them and tell them to cancel the order.

Now that I've cancelled all that other stuff and the Trinity Alpha has shipped, I'll go order the RBA for it.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

i have only broke 1 gglass, Reload, assembling it. i ordered something like 10 of them

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to my local b&m to pick up a bottle of juice, thought I'd treat myself to a bottle of premium stuff... over priced just like i remember!
On the way home, I was hit by a flat bed tow truck... bastard clipped me!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
cc6d7f422a2c13e8c6ca9accfea828f3.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Went to my local b&m to pick up a bottle of juice, thought I'd treat myself to a bottle of premium stuff... over priced just like i remember!

oh no! Did he stop?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

looks like you will, or can, pocket some $$$$ for that.

i had a nice old lady hit me one snowy day. did very little damage. insurance gave me something like $1400. took me a few hours and about $30 to fixx it. cha-ching !

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looks like you will, or can, pocket some $$$$ for that.

i had a nice old lady hit me one snowy day. did very little damage. insurance gave me something like $1400. took me a few hours and about $30 to fixx it. cha-ching !
No full coverage insurance on my truck. Just no fault plpd.
He's agreed to cover the cost of a replacement tail light assembly. I didn't want to file an insurance claim, or a police report. He felt bad, i tore him a new butt hole on the side of the road. If he does not honor our gentleman's agreement, i know his name and where he works, I'm sure his boss would love to hear about what happened in the company truck.
If it wasn't my already beat up work truck, I would have filed the necessary reports. But this truck is on its way to the grave anyway.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
your insurance doesn't matter. contact his insurance and make a claim. i sure hope you took pics. or at least the guy admits.

a tail light ?! lol, thats like $30, look on ebay. if their insurance doesn't give you a haard time, and they may with no police report. you should get at least $1000 out of that. do you like money ? i do !

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Oh no!!!! I’m glad you’re ok!

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
your insurance doesn't matter. contact his insurance and make a claim. i sure hope you took pics. or at least the guy admits.

a tail light ?! lol, thats like $30, look on ebay. if their insurance doesn't give you a haard time, and they may with no police report. you should get at least $1000 out of that. do you like money ? i do !
Lol, the whole truck isn't even worth a grand!
I took pics. But honestly, I'm not even sweating it. Like you said, tail lights are inexpensive. All I asked was for him to cover the cost of a replacement. He offered and gave up his info.
Even if he flakes on me, I'm not too concerned, like I said earlier, the truck is already beat up and rusty, with a bad transmission and almost 300k on the odometer.
Im just glad he didn't really hurt the truck. It still runs and drives just fine.
Luckily.
I was doing 55mph, and he slid into my side corner as he was coming off a country side road with a wrecked Chevy cobalt on the flatbed. I saw him, but didn't see that he was sliding towards the intersection until I was already in it.
Could have been much worse.

VU Sponsors