Become a Patron!

We love cats

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So cute how little kittens are curious, and still learning.
My little guy saw something interesting, stopped meowing for breakfast, deciding to try to pick it up and play with it.
It was, unfortunately, my eyebrow.
Now he's fed, and I'm going back to sleep.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Chubby kitty is a happy kitty!

Heh. I call her "my pretty lil fat girl". My husband argues that she is NOT fat, it's mostly fur. Well... maybe. :D But he's the one who [over]feeds her -- he's like a jewish mother or something, thinks food is love. :giggle: I had a hell of a time stopping him from feeding her everything that we eat; I had to look up an article on Heinz body anemia and send it to his email, to illustrate that there are a great many things that humans eat, that are toxic to cats, but I already went thru a version of this with my parents, and the little dog we had when I was growing up -- by the time she was full-grown, she was obese, and had to be euthanized at the age of 10 because of liver cancer -- I refuse to believe that it wasn't because of eating all that "people food" that dogs have no business eating. I don't want my husband doing that to our precious kitty.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
19601161_1412016575500742_2339981263757277605_n.jpg

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Heh. I call her "my pretty lil fat girl". My husband argues that she is NOT fat, it's mostly fur. Well... maybe. :D But he's the one who [over]feeds her -- he's like a jewish mother or something, thinks food is love. :giggle: I had a hell of a time stopping him from feeding her everything that we eat; I had to look up an article on Heinz body anemia and send it to his email, to illustrate that there are a great many things that humans eat, that are toxic to cats, but I already went thru a version of this with my parents, and the little dog we had when I was growing up -- by the time she was full-grown, she was obese, and had to be euthanized at the age of 10 because of liver cancer -- I refuse to believe that it wasn't because of eating all that "people food" that dogs have no business eating. I don't want my husband doing that to our precious kitty.

Andria

Yeah, Hattori doesn't get much human food. Now I will take some chicken if I am grilling some and shred a small piece and cook that up for his dinner instead of the canned stuff. I figure as long as I don't add seasonings to it, its no worse than whats in the cans, and I can be sure that the boneless skinless chicken breast is real meat when I do it. Other than that, not much human food at all. I think he got a finger tip of icing when my son's birthday came around, (regular whipped, not chocolate,) which he proceeded to smash his nose into and have to lick up for the next 5 minutes.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, Hattori doesn't get much human food. Now I will take some chicken if I am grilling some and shred a small piece and cook that up for his dinner instead of the canned stuff. I figure as long as I don't add seasonings to it, its no worse than whats in the cans, and I can be sure that the boneless skinless chicken breast is real meat when I do it. Other than that, not much human food at all. I think he got a finger tip of icing when my son's birthday came around, (regular whipped, not chocolate,) which he proceeded to smash his nose into and have to lick up for the next 5 minutes.
Make sure the chicken is not injected with broth or salt, check the label.
Tyson is wicked stupid for salt injection like 1 4 ounce piece is 35% of a human's salt intake and more than enough to fuck up a furbaby.

VU Sponsors