Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_ncsdcikdWA1rlpicfo1_540.jpg

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had no idea! I thought they just ate like seeds and grain and stuff like that.
We have about 50 chickens and guineas here. They are omnivores, just like us. They also are, sadly, cannibals. Not only do they eat mice and ground squirrels, but snakes and any other birds that are injured enough to not get away, but they will also eat their own eggs if they are cracked or broken. And if a chicken dies and I don't pick it up right away and it has some exposed flesh and/or blood, they will start eating the dead chicken. The guineas are also our prime defense here against fleas and ticks - they eat them by the hundreds daily, so no dog or cat here requires a flea collar or spray. I feed my outside dogs (Great Pyrenees - livestock guardians) only raw meat, beef or chicken. If the dogs do not grab that meat immediately, the chickens will rush it and start eating it. Yes, chickens eat chicken and cow meat.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just can't imagine any cat being that calm in a bath. Tuxie sounded like an air-raid siren, and her 2 flea baths when she first arrived absolutely required 2 people -- one to bathe her, and one to hold her and keep her from jumping out!

Andria

That is a pretty zen cat. I can't even get my dogs anywhere near the bathroom if they suspect a bath might be incoming. :giggle:

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's probably just so happy not to be itching that he just wants to stay.

We have one cat that once she was completely wet went into a dejected silence and one who required both of us and my son.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe it's because it's indoors, and the water is warm? We had no plans to allow Tuxie indoors when she first showed up, since I hadn't yet embarked on 24 hr antihistamines everyday, so it was outdoors; the weather was quite hot, July in GA, but the water was cold (even though we let it stand in the sun for an hour beforehand to knock the worst of the chill off), so maybe she objected to that.

One of my stepsisters had a cat that would actually jump into the bubble bath with her. Tuxie likes to play in the bathtub, but only when there's no water in it -- as soon as my husband turns on the water to take a shower, man, she's outta there like a black streak of lightening. :giggle:

Andria

ETA: another thought -- maybe they gave that kitteh tranqs? We had to do that to my ex's 2 cats when we moved from GA to MI, and those cats were completely blissed out... but still yowled most of the 800 miles. :facepalm:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_o2pds50wh31qh66wqo6_540.jpg

tumblr_o2pds50wh31qh66wqo7_540.jpg

Mr. Magoo The Blind Kitty Will Steal Your Heart

Mr. Magoo was found wandering the streets of Philadelphia like so many other cats that are abandoned and left to fend for themselves. Mr. Magoo was different, he is a specially abled kitty who managed to survive living on the streets for 2 years blind. Magoo has what’s called Microphthalmia in which his eyes and lids did not fully develop, he does have eyes but they are very small. The Vets did confirm he is legally blind but he does have a very limited amount of peripheral vision and can see some light and shadows.

VU Sponsors