Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
19756881_697303710394490_3014815503268672373_n.jpg

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We took in two cats today. My wife has been working with someone that's moving. She already found a rescue for a mama cat and her six babies. The lady had two inside cats she was going to give to a kill shelter. One she took from a prior apartment complex and had for two years. The other is the first litter from mama.

We were really up in arms and didn't knows what to do about this. We decided to take them. We may try to rehome them but we get attached pretty quickly. I'll post pics when they are a little more friendly.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Many years ago, we got a baby kitten from a neighbor who was going to put him down because he was born without his left rear leg. As he grew up at our house, he seemed to be having no problem getting around without that leg and we soon forgot he didn't have it because he managed to do everything all the other cats did. OK, he wasn't very good at jumping to high places, but he became a full family member in no time and never complained that he was "disabled."

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes! That's the north shore of Lake Erie. Usually the ice is about 6 feet below the wall but that year we had hurricane force winds and it pushed the ice up to the top.

The ice shoves on Lake Michigan are just as bad in early Spring. It's amazing to see. Kinda scary, too, when it starts pushing ashore like that.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes! That's the north shore of Lake Erie. Usually the ice is about 6 feet below the wall but that year we had hurricane force winds and it pushed the ice up to the top.

View attachment 86403

Usually, it looks like this:

View attachment 86404

Yeah, I've seen Lake Erie, though not in a really bad winter, but I was aware that the ice can come ashore that way, that's why I thought it must be one of the GLs. I've seen 3 of them: Erie, while passing thru on the way to Detroit; Michigan, while visiting Milwaukee, and Huron, while visiting Rogers City, Michigan (near Alpena). I was most impressed with Huron; it was the freaking 4th of July, and felt like freaking FEBRUARY, and the wind was just HOWLING ashore, and that lake looked more like the freaking ocean! I read some report online saying that Lake Ontario was about 8-12 ft higher than normal this year.

Andria

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I've seen Lake Erie, though not in a really bad winter, but I was aware that the ice can come ashore that way, that's why I thought it must be one of the GLs. I've seen 3 of them: Erie, while passing thru on the way to Detroit; Michigan, while visiting Milwaukee, and Huron, while visiting Rogers City, Michigan (near Alpena). I was most impressed with Huron; it was the freaking 4th of July, and felt like freaking FEBRUARY, and the wind was just HOWLING ashore, and that lake looked more like the freaking ocean! I read some report online saying that Lake Ontario was about 8-12 ft higher than normal this year.

Andria

All the lakes are higher this year due to the abnormal amount of rain we got this spring. The above picture shows how much beach we normally have - this year there is no beach, the water is right up to the wall.

VU Sponsors