https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Let me ask you something you seem to be one of the most familiar guys with these 2 amp zip chargers what happens if I plug that into my 5 amp usb Monster rapid charger in my gar by accident will it blow the mod or the charging board at least?
--I don't think so, I could be wrong but I think that it is set up to not take more than the 2A applied. That would be a question best asked to vaporshark or any modder that uses a similar board though.

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
Yet all the specs on the Lavabox say 1A charger.
did you go to Volcanoecigs and read what they have it as claiming to do they actually mention the Vapor shark when comparing it to what is available I will not say either way till I get it but 90 mins to recharge a 900mAh 3s Lipo battery at 2 amps is the same as the shark am I wrong?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
did you go to Volcanoecigs and read what they have it as claiming to do they actually mention the Vapor shark when comparing it to what is available I will not say either way till I get it but 90 mins to recharge a 900mAh 3s Lipo battery at 2 amps is the same as the shark am I wrong?
That's the same. No I didn't go read it recently; but, at the release I thought I saw 1amp. I stopped following the mod when I saw the screen cover was so dark. (that's the biggie for me, even though it does look killer)

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
--I don't think so, I could be wrong but I think that it is set up to not take more than the 2A applied. That would be a question best asked to vaporshark or any modder that uses a similar board though.
I figured it just would not take the extra amps kin of like putting a 80 amp battery in a DNA 200 device it usually is the out put that matters not the in & my iPhone charger is only 500mAh? IDK could just be that it is aftermarket like the 10 foot length but I can't remember if that came with just the extended wire or USB wall plug also??

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Amd that 90min. Is from completely dead. Figure at 30-50% left it only takes 44min to an hour. So vaping pass through while sitting in traffic will almost always leave me with a full battery. It makes the 900mah a non issue unless you're planning to be out all day.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I figured it just would not take the extra amps kin of like putting a 80 amp battery in a DNA 200 device it usually is the out put that matters not the in & my iPhone charger is only 500mAh? IDK could just be that it is aftermarket like the 10 foot length but I can't remember if that came with just the extended wire or USB wall plug also??
I don't know dude, I use the charger for my surface tablet and a 16k Mah backup battery with a 2.1 and 2.4a port along with a 6ft USB cable.
Really not sure what an iPhone charger is,-haven't had an iPhone in a few years nowm

underd0g

Member For 4 Years
Amd that 90min. Is from completely dead. Figure at 30-50% left it only takes 44min to an hour. So vaping pass through while sitting in traffic will almost always leave me with a full battery. It makes the 900mah a non issue unless you're planning to be out all day.

And even then, I suppose if I stopped being lazy and just started using the extra lipo I purchased for the VS it would be a non issue.

I like the idea of letting it charge via passthru while in the vehicle, we all do this anyway with our phones why not with our mods.

Sent from my  ☏

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes I did. They have fast charging. They say it's fast. They compare it to the VS... But the spec is 1A. So they either need to explain why their 1A is faster that everyone else's, or change the spec to something other than 1A. Because to me, that's just marketing mumbo jumbo... "We are like the leader, even though our spec shows we are not."

I like them too, it just doesn't seem real clear.

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
That's the same. No I didn't go read it recently; but, at the release I thought I saw 1amp. I stopped following the mod when I saw the screen cover was so dark. (that's the biggie for me, even though it does look killer)
Believe it or not it is claiming to have a super bright HD Display too lol ok I'm sounding like a fan boy now... My basic point was that the Shark has a DNA 200Board in it correct? well they all come with a 1 amp balance charger built in from EVOLV and to be honest Volcano already had their piece of the market with the VOLCANO both 1 & 2 so I just don't see them releasing false specs when all it will do is harm their Image for high quality $500 D.H. vaporizers that have been at that same price range since I was a senior in high school 15 or so years ago lol. We shall see when I get mine I will give you my unbiased opinion that much you can count on! Till then I figured I would post the discount as if it does all it claims at this price that is a killer deal I will most likely get the shark too but every time I do I get bitched at because the screen on the bottom sticks out like a sore thumb so my girl notices every time I have bought one the extra $30 for the NANO coating is what kind of pissed me off a bit as I look at it if I owned that company I would be putting my best product out at the $200 price point the shark sleeve is understandable but if they know their mod is better with the NANO coating just do it and don't even make it an option even if they did this I would of happily paid $210 who knows could just be me but I will keep you guys updated when I have this new device in hand for a week or so.... Till then everyone have a relaxing weekend!

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ffff, looks like Hcigar will be looking for new home, not even a week, could not pass up Lavabox. Only keeping 3 devices in rotation, 3 200's too much. Hcigar is great device, VS not going anywhere and really wanted to own a Volcano mod. Been using the Bellus dual ss, very impressive.

54d6fbcf945074a7c1c9afc2b1fa8da7.jpg

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I'm on the market for a new device. I have a Hana modz v200, but the battery life sucks. That brings me here. The vaporshark has this zip charging which is impressive, but I don't know if that beats the fact that I can buy a mod now with 1300 lipo (hcigar) or a 1500 lipo (svip). Essentially all day vaping from one charge probably, but I can get a small rapid charge device

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I went to order a VS DNA 200, but same as some others... can't put one in the shopping cart. Maybe someone is trying to tell me something. :)
I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess their computers don't like working at night. Order placed.

Grats, I hope you enjoy it. But you are aware of the credit card siphoning and fraudulent usage that's being reported aren't you? Posted earlier in this thread and still ongoing with some posters over on ECF.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Great. No I was not aware. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out, which I usually do.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really digging Sweet Spot Ti.5mm with their tcr, dual on Goliath V2 6 2.5 spaced. Working very well. Unsure on the premium price for the wire.
c3b8b5a8c351dbe599979b68f277b2e9.jpg

Did not wait for reading with pic

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

vapelifesaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Everyone~I won a VaporShark DNA 200w mod..I know what your thinking, how lucky I am. Well, I don't feel lucky and am really not happy that this is the only mod I ever won.
Talk about clueless-that is an understatement!! All of you are, imho, ultra experienced vapers that know what to do with this beast. I got it last week and opened the box to see if it was inside and it was and is still sealed. Brand new and never going to be opened by me as I am terrified of it~LOL
Came here and have been reading all these posts and have no idea what it all means. How do you charge it and what do you charge it on? Why is it a battery pack ;), and I could ask about all of it...just totally lost.
Had an IPV3 with an Arctic tank vaping at 30-35 watts and was very happy with the setup until a trip kaboshed the whole thing and me.
Does anyone have any ideas on my post? I'd really appreciate some thoughts.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hello Everyone~I won a VaporShark DNA 200w mod..I know what your thinking, how lucky I am. Well, I don't feel lucky and am really not happy that this is the only mod I ever won.
Talk about clueless-that is an understatement!! All of you are, imho, ultra experienced vapers that know what to do with this beast. I got it last week and opened the box to see if it was inside and it was and is still sealed. Brand new and never going to be opened by me as I am terrified of it~LOL
Came here and have been reading all these posts and have no idea what it all means. How do you charge it and what do you charge it on? Why is it a battery pack ;), and I could ask about all of it...just totally lost.
Had an IPV3 with an Arctic tank vaping at 30-35 watts and was very happy with the setup until a trip kaboshed the whole thing and me.
well you could send it to me...

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Basically plug in the USB to charge.
You will want to download and learn Escribe:
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/?forum=454150

You will want to watch or read tutorial, Vaporshark has some custom profiles already loaded. I would turn down the pre-heat to prevent surprise if select wrong profile. It can be a very advanced device, but if you get a few profiles set it can be very simple. Your question is too open ended, would recommend some reading / video's then post specific questions if you get stuck. For example if you only use Crown tank with Nickel coils, you only need to setup one profile and good to go.

It looks more complicated than it is. First learn the navigation, same for all DNA200 devices, power button multiple times to lock / change temp, unlocked and how to change profiles.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Basically plug in the USB to charge.
You will want to download and learn Escribe:
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/?forum=454150

You will want to watch or read tutorial, Vaporshark has some custom profiles already loaded. I would turn down the pre-heat to prevent surprise if select wrong profile. It can be a very advanced device, but if you get a few profiles set it can be very simple. Your question is too open ended, would recommend some reading / video's then post specific questions if you get stuck. For example if you only use Crown tank with Nickel coils, you only need to setup one profile and good to go.

It looks more complicated than it is. First learn the navigation, same for all DNA200 devices, power button multiple times to lock / change temp, unlocked and how to change profiles.
check out busardos class on the board also on www.tasteyourjuice.com
both parts of episodeII are on the board and software. watching that and the tutorial on evolve will help a whole lot more than anyone on a forum, if you have any specific answers by all means any of us are more than happy to help.

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
Well I got my LavaBox on Monday I can tell you that it does have zip charging or their version without a doubt never mind as a back up this Mod is GTG in my opinion obviously. The box it's self is constructed very well, I have only had it a few days and the only draw back for me is the 900mAh Li-Po, I used the escribe software and corrected the watt hours I don't vape over 60Watts and if I do its very rarely with that being said if they would of went with a 1300mAh battery this would easily last me all day & into the next as now it lasts me all day, the only thing that I prefer on the Vapor Shark is the rubberized coating not that the LavaBox is uncomfortable at all. When I say it lasts me all day that's between using the 5ml TFV4 tank with a quad coil, Subtank mini with the premade Ni200 coils in temp mode, and my Goliath V-2 with a .25 Ohm dual coil build. So I have to say I am happy with it. I think that this LavaBox is far more superior Mod than any other of the DNA200 Mods with the exception of the Vaporshark 200 & I like the Hana V200 also even though it does not have the zip/Rapid charging feature as these other 2, DNA200 Mods have and I have to say that it is Kind of PMO that EVOLV is an American Co. & Hana is a MADE IN AMERICA company that actually builds their Mods here in the USA, this could just be me but they should have this rapid/zip charging feature as this really is a huge plus. Every time I have charged this Mod so far it doesn't even take 90 minutes more like 45-70 minutes tops from the low battery warning and I have to say that makes these DNA200 Mods worth using as if this feature was not available I would of never purchased one... I would say in my opinion this mod is the same thing as the vaporshark aside from the looks or enclosures. This chip is nice but I have to say the FSK chip and the YIHI SX350J series 2nd generation, both have so many more hours of vaping time of course when I say the 350J series chip I do mean with dual 18650 batteries or with the battery extension. This being said I do like the level of customization the e scribe program provides aside from that, if you really do enjoy vaping at 125+ Watts the FSK chip blows both of these chips out of the water and the funny thing is no one ever mentions this like this awesome chip doesn't actually exist when it is far more efficient and also has the most accurate readings out of these three chips as I checked with the readings from the build in my lemo drop & used my Fluke Multi Meter(which is a Co. that, hands down makes the best electrical meters & electrical testing equipment that I know of in the world, I am a low voltage electrician and I got a really good deal on my Fluke meter & it was still well over $300) Anyway when I put the drop tank on all three mods and then tested it with the SUPER ACCURATE MULTI METER the FSK chip was reading the same exact value as my meter the other 2 chips were not off by much at all, but they were off none the less... I was just shocked when I compared them and wrecker Mod was balls on accurate yet no one ever talks about it that is weird to me? Anyway sorry for getting off message there but I would say the LavaBox and the vaporshark are the 2 best DNA200 Mods IMHO of course there may be others that are just as good as these 2 Mods? Volcano really did a great job on this mod! I can promise you DNA200 lovers out there that if you have been thinking about buying one of these do it just buy it. Trust me as long as there is no issues as with mine you will be more than satisfied at under $143 if you buy $100 gift certificate as you can apply the 10% off code I posted on Saturday and then you get extra points when you buy the Gift Cert. & every 5 points is another dollar off. I wish I would of done it this way but for $150 it was worth every penny. I will keep you updated after and let you all know how its holding up... I know some people that had custom Alpine Boxes that were really nice expensive hand made boxes with the same chip as the L.B. Mod and they haven't used them since they got their boxes from volcano. So that's my initial impression as I promised over last weekend.... Oh if any of you are looking for the Vapershark 200 I know 2 places that have them in stock, one even takes paypal so if you would like this info just message me as both places are online as well as actual B&M's too and they asked me not to post their sites in any forums but I.M or P.M me and I will be more than happy to help any one out that wants one without waiting!!! Sorry for the long post and thanks if you took the time to read it!!! check that FSK chipset out in the hoahm wrecker Mod it's not a chip I would sleep on- Thanks again any questions P.M. me always happy to help out when I can!

Last edited:

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Insure on Lavabox, device seems great have some build quality concerns with screen and 510, will expand more if decide they are valid. Should have VaporShark back today still my personal preference with size and feel. Only can provide pic between VT200 for now.

e4b357c3eca9eab82aed592d35e613f8.jpg

c66c427b22d7c099339e8f2518f86e1c.jpg

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
Is it just me or do any of you find that the T.C. on these DNA 200 boards just don't work as well as an upgraded SX Mini M-Class mod? I have even been trying to fix it in e scribe with the initial wattage punch etc. rite now I am just using my subtank mini with the .15 Ohm Kanger Ni-200 coil to get it dialed in... any settings suggestions? Plus I am waiting for my S.S. wire reals to come in also hopefully tomorrow? What is the best gauge to go with for a Micro coil how many wraps at what gauge works the best I'm just gonna keep it simple at first I ordered all 3 YOUDE sizes. Also does stainless need to be spaced like Ti & Ni200 or can I just micro coil it like I am planning? Please any info any of you may have would be 110% greatly appreciated! ALSO IF YOU WANT THE SITE THAT IS AN AUTHORIZED SHARK DEALER THAT TAKES PAY PAL MESSAGE ME, AS IF THEIR STILL HAVING SKIMMING PROBLEMS WITH THEIR CC PROCCESSOR WHY EVEN TAKE THE CHANCE?? THIS IS WHERE I AM GOING TO GET MINE SAME PRICE AS THE V.S. SITE BUT UNFORTUNATELY NO NANO COATING BUT I THINK USING PayPal is the best way to buy gear online personally or pre-paid C.C. plus is there still a waiting period from the V.S. website as the store here in NJ has not gotten any in the past 3 weeks that is another reason I am using this smaller site because they have them on hand and they are not made in August as I have been told not to buy the earlier produced models these are only 2&1/2 weeks old I asked why they don't want their site named in any forums and they answered saying it is not fair to their walk in customers which is understandable but they said they have a few dozen as of earlier today... I am going to order mine tonight I think the only thing that sucks is I wanted the NANO coating because if I am going to spend $199 mite as well get the best options available... I am interested to see if the T.C. works better on that one that the Volcano mod, I was using the Uwell tank with the Ni200 coils and IDK if it is cause you can hit those coils at a much higher wattage or what but it was on his OPUS-200 and worked great I am wondering if maybe I got a bum unit?

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
So I'm on the market for a new device. I have a Hana modz v200, but the battery life sucks. That brings me here. The vaporshark has this zip charging which is impressive, but I don't know if that beats the fact that I can buy a mod now with 1300 lipo (hcigar) or a 1500 lipo (svip). Essentially all day vaping from one charge probably, but I can get a small rapid charge device
Believe it or not I have been hearing good things about the HOTCIG DNA200 Mod only because of the way it is built like the Inokin Disrupter I believe it is called where the battery pack can just be pulled off the mod and it comes with a stand alone balance charger and they are selling extra batteries so basically you could just buy a 3 pack of batteries +the one with the mod and have an extra spare or two in your vape bag IDK how much the batteries are yet but the mod with 1 Li-Po pack and balance charger is $100 that's not a bad price if it holds up which I actually think it will. IDK if you are familiar with the Chana Market but HotCig was one of the biggest if not the biggest DNA chip cloner on Alibaba I just find it funny that they are now the authorized reseller for EVOLV in China lol but so far this looks to be the best design for actually changing batteries on the go that's what kills me about Vapor Shark that was a design that they came up with and they use it on the disruptor mod not any DNA-200 Mods???? who knows just thought I would make a non expensive suggestion...

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Believe it or not I have been hearing good things about the HOTCIG DNA200 Mod only because of the way it is built like the Inokin Disrupter I believe it is called where the battery pack can just be pulled off the mod and it comes with a stand alone balance charger and they are selling extra batteries so basically you could just buy a 3 pack of batteries +the one with the mod and have an extra spare or two in your vape bag IDK how much the batteries are yet but the mod with 1 Li-Po pack and balance charger is $100 that's not a bad price if it holds up which I actually think it will. IDK if you are familiar with the Chana Market but HotCig was one of the biggest if not the biggest DNA chip cloner on Alibaba I just find it funny that they are now the authorized reseller for EVOLV in China lol but so far this looks to be the best design for actually changing batteries on the go that's what kills me about Vapor Shark that was a design that they came up with and they use it on the disruptor mod not any DNA-200 Mods???? who knows just thought I would make a non expensive suggestion...

Problem is you can only buy the batteries directly from hotcig right now. Also, the only way to get the new version right now is through them directly and they are charging $170. Spare batteries are $45, but again, you can only buy the, directly from hotcig. I didn't find out how much the shipping was, because I think that's too much money. Personally, I'm waiting for jaybo' s mod for my second dna200. I have a vendor sending me one as soon as he gets his supply first week of November. It uses 3 18650 batteries with a magnetic battery door. Busardo gave it high ratings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaporshark, VT200, Lavabox. The VS has thick shark skin on and great sleeve. VS still my preference
Not in order
a998702daa7a0fd133aafe3ca598520a.jpg

87ce269267d0c9f23252b34e926ca645.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vaporshark, VT200, Lavabox. The VS has thick shark skin on and great sleeve. VS still my preference
Not in order
a998702daa7a0fd133aafe3ca598520a.jpg

87ce269267d0c9f23252b34e926ca645.jpg
How is the screen tint on the lavabox? Is it really too dark to lower the brightness?

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
Problem is you can only buy the batteries directly from hotcig right now. Also, the only way to get the new version right now is through them directly and they are charging $170. Spare batteries are $45, but again, you can only buy the, directly from hotcig. I didn't find out how much the shipping was, because I think that's too much money. Personally, I'm waiting for jaybo' s mod for my second dna200. I have a vendor sending me one as soon as he gets his supply first week of November. It uses 3 18650 batteries with a magnetic battery door. Busardo gave it high ratings.

I keep hearing about that Jbone triple 18650 DNA 200 Mod and I have been seeing these on the DNA 200 Moders Group for a while now but when you looked into the HotCig DNA 200 where were you looking at on alibaba? I know that Gearbest has a sale on the HotCig DNA 200 Mod till 11/15/2015 for $105 I think I'm not sure I will check and post back with the code & the price and as far as the extra batteries go I would imagine that you would need to buy these direct but I am a member at alibaba and I know that the last time I ordered from him he gave me a break on the MOQ amount and still discounted the price, he was a pretty cool guy from what I recall. I am interested to see how this triple 18650 Mod is going to be how much are they? Like I said I will post the price & discount code for anyone that may be interested in the HotCig Mod, I know I will not be able to chat with any at Hotcig till tomorrow night but I will see what they say about the extra battery packs as I heard that they are working to try to get these out ASAP and then once they are stocked at the major vendors then I doubt you will be able to get a break on the price because I know someone that they sent a mod and 2 batteries with it to review and his review isn't read as he likes to use the item's he reviews for a min. of 2 weeks but so far he loves it which I was surprised to hear as these were one of the first available and at the $100 mark no less but yeah let me know were I can look at the Jbone Mod as I would like to take a look and see the pricing and I will post back with that info as soon as I can. Personally I am really anticipating the YIHI ML-Class Mod I already paid for mine but I know that they are going to keep pushing off the release date but I cant wait to see the features that this new Mod comes with as well. ever since I got the DNA 200 LavaBox I have just been buying tanks the only 2 that I haven't gotten in yet are the Tobecco Super Tank Mini, The black Uwell Crown Tank, and I amwaiting to buy the TFv4 Mini in black I just hope that you can switch out the red rings on the inside, I know I really want the Indulgance Mutation X RTA but it only has blue and red O-rings IDKwhy they would only give you those options? Plus I love My Youde RTA's all of them!

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I keep hearing about that Jbone triple 18650 DNA 200 Mod and I have been seeing these on the DNA 200 Moders Group for a while now but when you looked into the HotCig DNA 200 where were you looking at on alibaba? I know that Gearbest has a sale on the HotCig DNA 200 Mod till 11/15/2015 for $105 I think I'm not sure I will check and post back with the code & the price and as far as the extra batteries go I would imagine that you would need to buy these direct but I am a member at alibaba and I know that the last time I ordered from him he gave me a break on the MOQ amount and still discounted the price, he was a pretty cool guy from what I recall. I am interested to see how this triple 18650 Mod is going to be how much are they? Like I said I will post the price & discount code for anyone that may be interested in the HotCig Mod, I know I will not be able to chat with any at Hotcig till tomorrow night but I will see what they say about the extra battery packs as I heard that they are working to try to get these out ASAP and then once they are stocked at the major vendors then I doubt you will be able to get a break on the price because I know someone that they sent a mod and 2 batteries with it to review and his review isn't read as he likes to use the item's he reviews for a min. of 2 weeks but so far he loves it which I was surprised to hear as these were one of the first available and at the $100 mark no less but yeah let me know were I can look at the Jbone Mod as I would like to take a look and see the pricing and I will post back with that info as soon as I can. Personally I am really anticipating the YIHI ML-Class Mod I already paid for mine but I know that they are going to keep pushing off the release date but I cant wait to see the features that this new Mod comes with as well. ever since I got the DNA 200 LavaBox I have just been buying tanks the only 2 that I haven't gotten in yet are the Tobecco Super Tank Mini, The black Uwell Crown Tank, and I amwaiting to buy the TFv4 Mini in black I just hope that you can switch out the red rings on the inside, I know I really want the Indulgance Mutation X RTA but it only has blue and red O-rings IDKwhy they would only give you those options? Plus I love My Youde RTA's all of them!

I talked to hotcig directly. The ones on gearbest are the first generation ones. Hotcig made a couple of changes and they aren't widely available yet, unless you buy from them directly. The new ones are available in red too. They also told me that I can only buy spare batteries directly from them. Honestly $105 I'd probably buy the one one gearbest if I could get a spare battery, especially since they give you a charger, whereas hotcig doesn't.

As far as the reuleaux dna 200, there are a couple sites that are advertising them. Originvape had a limited amount on preorder for the first shipment but they're sold out. They are not doing a preorder for second shipment, but that one will ship till mid December. Price is $169. Case is a zinc metal oxide, not 3D printed.

Personally, I think it's a great price. The vero dna200, which is a triple 18650 was $260 and busardo ripped it apart. Button in an awful spot, tons of screw holes and the buttons were all jiggly. Ironic that within a day or two of his review, they don't have it anymore, website says out of stock forever. The boxer 133 sells for $250 and is 3D printed. So $170 for an 18650 Dna is awesome in my mind, especially one that's getting rave reviews

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is the screen tint on the lavabox? Is it really too dark to lower the brightness?
Screen brightness is much darker than other screens, does not bother me. I have not had a problem switching profiles and don't look at screen much other than when changing tank. The device has grown on me a bit. However seems there might be some minor qc issues that might warrant holding off a bit.

Seems with size of Lavabox they should have added larger battery but the fast charging is a plus. At first was unsure if would like Lavabox feel, I do actually like it. Like the VaporShark I ordered it the day it was available, like the VaporShark there might be a few bugs that will be resolved quickly.

All three of my dna mods work fantastic. If I had to recommend one to someone, the VS would be at the top. By far the smallest, the two times I have ever had to contact VS issue was resolved quickly. Almost certain Hcigar would not be close even though at my price point no warranty. Currently the Lavabox would be in last place, I really like the company and the device, think it just needs another month for bug fixes. I would opt for the Lavabox fast charging over the larger VT200 1300 lipo and woukd see Lavabox moving to second place near future.

Screen between Lavabox and VT200 have VS adjusted low abd would be bad comparison.

3dfd31b970e9be39d7f02ea2e801cc9f.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Screen brightness is much darker than other screens, does not bother me. I have not had a problem switching profiles and don't look at screen much other than when changing tank. The device has grown on me a bit. However seems there might be some minor qc issues that might warrant holding off a bit.

Seems with size of Lavabox they should have added larger battery but the fast charging is a plus. At first was unsure if would like Lavabox feel, I do actually like it. Like the VaporShark I ordered it the day it was available, like the VaporShark there might be a few bugs that will be resolved quickly.

All three of my dna mods work fantastic. If I had to recommend one to someone, the VS would be at the top. By far the smallest, the two times I have ever had to contact VS issue was resolved quickly. Almost certain Hcigar would not be close even though at my price point no warranty. Currently the Lavabox would be in last place, I really like the company and the device, think it just needs another month for bug fixes. I would opt for the Lavabox fast charging over the larger VT200 1300 lipo and woukd see Lavabox moving to second place near future.

Screen between Lavabox and VT200 have VS adjusted low abd would be bad comparison.

3dfd31b970e9be39d7f02ea2e801cc9f.jpg
Cool dude! Preciate that!

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I fully intended to buy a lavabox but bought a custom DNA200 instead. I agree with everything you mentioned about the Vaporshark. It's a very good mod and worth the price though I still don't put it above the SX Mini but only by a hair.

One thing that no one seems to talk about seems to be a signficant advantage for the VS over the Lavabox. According to pbusardo's excellent in-depth DNA 200 mod review, Vaporshark configures escribe and Lavabox doesn't. This has to do with battery rating and curves, along with the pertinent aspects of the box itself. From what I've seen from working with escribe, this makes a significant difference in the quality of the vape.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I fully intended to buy a lavabox but bought a custom DNA200 instead. I agree with everything you mentioned about the Vaporshark. It's a very good mod and worth the price though I still don't put it above the SX Mini but only by a hair.

One thing that no one seems to talk about seems to be a signficant advantage for the VS over the Lavabox. According to pbusardo's excellent in-depth DNA 200 mod review, Vaporshark configures escribe and Lavabox doesn't. This has to do with battery rating and curves, along with the pertinent aspects of the box itself. From what I've seen from working with escribe, this makes a significant difference in the quality of the vape.
Never have time to watch those long reviews, though skip through and try to catch conclusions. Seemed most were not set properly other than VS. Don't get me wrong, the Lavabox is a promising device but hard to compare to VS.

Basically you have two devices with same board same battery, still unsure how Lavabox does quick charge with 1A unless i missed something but it does work. The size of the VaporShark alone is enough to go VS, also with VS giving easy access to battery is big plus. My criteria is obviously dimensions and feel of device, if Lavabox had larger battery it would be a different game.

Still thinking might dump one of my devices most likely the VT200 in favor of custom one. Kind of thinking a desk box with large battery interesting, though no complaints on battery to date.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not worried about battery. 900 won't get me through the day, but I have others. My VS will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to play. I contemplated getting another if I like it. I also want a custom. Wanted small, but if I get a custom, might as well get a big battery. Only way it really makes sense. Then... I fell into a ridiculous deal on a VT200. Could not say no. Yes I understand warranty, but at that price, it just doesn't matter.

With talk of other boxes and the VT200... I don't really care for the Lava box. The grip and how tall it is. The VT200 isn't much bigger than the VS, but it is bigger. The 1300 mah is a big advantage.... HOWEVER, many have tested, and Hcigar over rates the battery. It's a 900. Some get 1000-1050... But not close to 1300 in size or voltage. It's a 900. That kinda sucks, and pretty much no way around just saying they are lying. But I don't care. I knew that going in. Half price makes it easy to get over. It will be my beater.

underd0g

Member For 4 Years
anyone here know if there are any higher-rated lipo packs that are compatible with the VS DNA 200? I dont like the sag time im getting with the fullymax 900mah.

Sent from my  ☏

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone here know if there are any higher-rated lipo packs that are compatible with the VS DNA 200? I dont like the sag time im getting with the fullymax 900mah.

Sent from my  ☏
Not that I have seen yet, the VS lipo is snug fit, interesting question. Don't keep up on the Evolv forums as often but best bet would be there.

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years

Sent from my  ☏

Your question got me wondering since I know little about lipo batteries. For a given pack to have more power, does it have to be larger than a weaker pack? I honestly don't know if it's possible to have a more efficient pack that gives more power in the same size. Any experienced RC fans or battery experts out there?

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone have some recommendations, i just got my tfv4 mini in today and wanted to try out the ni coil wanted to know such as preheat and everthying else??

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
anyone have some recommendations, i just got my tfv4 mini in today and wanted to try out the ni coil wanted to know such as preheat and everthying else??
Its an experiment bro just play with the settings I am always diddling if it was SS I could help I do not use NI

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm with that guy, haven't used ni200 in a few months, gonna have to just play around with it. Normally with ni200 I would set my preheat about 20% higher than my set wattage.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm with that guy, haven't used ni200 in a few months, gonna have to just play around with it. Normally with ni200 I would set my preheat about 20% higher than my set wattage.
whois a dat guy.. you watch yourself brother or I will spank you in da face with this here SS guages 317 man I will beat you with it :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hahahahahah!!!!! What it is dude!
I think I found a new toy 318SS or 2205 stainless it has higher corrosion resistance against Sea water in case I am on a ship or become a captain of a Love Boat.. I gotta get some :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I found a new toy 318SS or 2205 stainless it has higher corrosion resistance against Sea water in case I am on a ship or become a captain of a Love Boat.. I gotta get some :)
Hahaha, ill let you test it out.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it is the dual separate coil, it takes some power. Good results for me 80w, 120 pre-heat ended up around 500 degrees. So strange as normal Ni much lower in all areas, I can barely get it going with VTC at max. But yes as others said just get started and work things up until you reach the sweet spot.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Should the VS ask if it is a new atomizer every time you change it? Because mine doesn't. Going from 0.25 to 0.5 or visa versa it doesn't ask. But it has sometimes. I know it monitors constantly. And you don't "lock in" base like a yihi... But then what is the point of asking if it is a new atomizer? Seems to me when you say "yes" it locks it in as baseline. When it doesn't, I'm not convinced it is set up right.

VU Sponsors