Become a Patron!

VaporShark DNA 200 - Discussion

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you upload the chart from steam engine?

Yes, this is what I uploaded.

"Temperature (degF)","Electrical Resistivity"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 3.27.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 3.27.39 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 17

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, this is what I uploaded.

"Temperature (degF)","Electrical Resistivity"
That graph does not look right for Ti, used clapton and defaults, even Ti single is close visually. That looks like Kanthal or St, maybe did not read close enough. Hopefully might help
0b23b3bd4bda7d17e5295eabf6a1d2c5.jpg

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I re
That graph does not look right for Ti, used clapton and defaults, even Ti single is close visually. That looks like Kanthal or St, maybe did not read close enough. Hopefully might help
0b23b3bd4bda7d17e5295eabf6a1d2c5.jpg
I redid it using the old tcr calculator and just put in the TCR figure of .0035 with no chart and its working perfectly now. I'll retry the chart version later.

question though, does the mm rod, number of wraps, leg spacing and wrap spacing change the chart? Each of my coils are different depending on the atty I use and I don't want to have to go to escribe and change that all the time. I want to just have a preset for ni200, stainless steel, titanium and Kanthal.

Also, on the new beta calculator for the tcr, it doesn't give an option for dual coil, just parallel, clapton or single. What about dual coil builds like in a billow v2?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Billow V2's dual coils are in parallel. When I use Ni200 they come out to .059-.075 (26-28ga). It's tough to stuff enough in to get over .05 ohms.

Cheers,
Steve

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Billow V2's dual coils are in parallel. When I use Ni200 they come out to .059-.075 (26-28ga). It's tough to stuff enough in to get over .05 ohms.

Cheers,
Steve

You're right, I don't know why I was thinking that its not parallel

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I re

I redid it using the old tcr calculator and just put in the TCR figure of .0035 with no chart and its working perfectly now. I'll retry the chart version later.

question though, does the mm rod, number of wraps, leg spacing and wrap spacing change the chart? Each of my coils are different depending on the atty I use and I don't want to have to go to escribe and change that all the time. I want to just have a preset for ni200, stainless steel, titanium and Kanthal.

Also, on the new beta calculator for the tcr, it doesn't give an option for dual coil, just parallel, clapton or single. What about dual coil builds like in a billow v2?
I don't think that there is a great difference, I generally have 3 Ni/SS profiles and 2 Ti, will be going back to Ti soon, then generic for each and a few variations. Don't have problem often where need to hook to escape. Still learning and tweaking

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know this is different but I use all ss now so all my profiles are set up with varying preheats depending on tank/rda. That way if I do use a kanthal coil, i don't have t do anything other than set the power and roll.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this is different but I use all ss now so all my profiles are set up with varying preheats depending on tank/rda. That way if I do use a kanthal coil, i don't have t do anything other than set the power and roll.

I already have one DNA200 mod with two more on the way. Just wondering if there is a general consensus on best wire to use for TC? We basically have our choice. I'm assuming it's SS. I mainly use my Billow V2 but just received a black TFV4 kit I haven't even opened yet. I have 24 and 26ga UD 316L in my cart and 26ga Ti1. I'm just wondering if I should even bother with the Ti. I already have 26 and 28 ga Ni200.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I already have one DNA200 mod with two more on the way. Just wondering if there is a general consensus on best wire to use for TC? We basically have our choice. I'm assuming it's SS. I mainly use my Billow V2 but just received a black TFV4 kit I haven't even opened yet. I have 24 and 26ga UD 316L in my cart and 26ga Ti1. I'm just wondering if I should even bother with the Ti. I already have 26 and 28 ga Ni200.

Cheers,
Steve
Ti Give me a funny taste so i am the wrong person to ask I can't really compare the two

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so too all the people who have been dealing with VS for a while.

Am I likely going to see a black friday or holiday sal eon these dna200s? The more I think about it the more I want one, but I have never spent more then $50 for a mod

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was same way mostly but a little more, buying more tanks. Can't speculate on sale, best case would be 20%, for me when it flips to I'm getting this the extra not big deal. Now they maybe have a 1 week shipping if they do sale will most likely jump to 2-3 weeks and wait a few months. If you have patience and can wait sure some sale will come up. Worth the wait however you go.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think we will be seeing DNA200 mods at $50 soon. Maybe under $100 would be a more reasonable goal. I just picked up a couple DNA200 mods, all under $120 (each). Considering not long ago they were all $200 and up, I think I got them at a steal. The chip is clearly better than anything I've used.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit. Last time I checked, the chips were going for around $80. That's why I bought a couple. I figured I couldn't build one that inexpensive.

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if im going to spend this much money, even $120 is too much for these devices without the VS warranty. the warranty and ability to repair it down the road makes teh VS worth it to me
but at $199 plus $30 more for the coating its too much for me atm
now
make that whole package $150 and thats what I will tell my wife I want under the christmas tree

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evolve will cover the chip. I can take care of anything else. If the battery goes bad, buy a new one. I bought 2 for less than $230. I already have one and it's my favorite mod. All depends on how you look at it.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Evolve will cover the chip. I can take care of anything else. If the battery goes bad, buy a new one. I bought 2 for less than $230. I already have one and it's my favorite mod. All depends on how you look at it.
what if the USB breaks, im no good at replacing that
if the screen breaks 18 months down the road evolves not gonna cover that, I will have to pay the going price for a new board and install it myself, where as with VS its what $25 to have the USB fixed or teh 510. NOt sur eif the board needs replaced what that would cost through VS

I am looking at this as possible the last MOD i really need to buy. unless something dramatic comes along to change the game of vaping It is possible evolve finally got it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
what if the USB breaks, im no good at replacing that
if the screen breaks 18 months down the road evolves not gonna cover that, I will have to pay the going price for a new board and install it myself, where as with VS its what $25 to have the USB fixed or teh 510. NOt sur eif the board needs replaced what that would cost through VS

I am looking at this as possible the last MOD i really need to buy. unless something dramatic comes along to change the game of vaping It is possible evolve finally got it.

For me 200$ for the vsdna200 was a good deal. The 2a charging alone is enough to justify the increase in price over some others. The service before and after the warranty is another bonus. I have a 30w DNA mod from vs that is still in service at nearly 2 years old. A buddy of mine committed the mortal sin of putting the battery in backwards with his rdna30 and killed it. 45$ and a week later he was back up and running. To me the sheer piece of mind is worth it.
And I could rebuild a mod if I wanted to, I'm just lazy.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
For me 200$ for the vsdna200 was a good deal. The 2a charging alone is enough to justify the increase in price over some others. The service before and after the warranty is another bonus. I have a 30w DNA mod from vs that is still in service at nearly 2 years old. A buddy of mine committed the mortal sin of putting the battery in backwards with his rdna30 and killed it. 45$ and a week later he was back up and running. To me the sheer piece of mind is worth it.
se this is what i keep coming back to, especially with the provari discussion going on. i can pick up xcube for what $60, it can do everything the dna200 board can now. but what about next week or the week after???? how long will that mod last me??6 months a year, will it be outdated in 2 months?

the dna200 board is the first board that actually seems like it MIGHT not get outdated anytime soon. Now it may, but with being able to set TCR, thats a huge plus. Im just not seeing what else we could want a mod to do that makes the actually vaping experience better or different.
so im kinda thinking the dna200 might not need replaced in the next year or 2. so if tahst the case i want amod that can last a year or 2 or 3

the only companies I know of with that reputation are provari and VS

plus knowing that if something goes wrong down the road, VS will fix my mod

this all combines to make me willing to pay more than $60 for a mod, but not $200 YET.

Im also considering the cloudmaker
since they will SUPPOSEDLY have every part for sale, so if a button stops working or something I could replace it myself possible for a few bucks, plus being able to change the loo of it is a plus for me.
still need to do some research

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
se this is what i keep coming back to, especially with the provari discussion going on. i can pick up xcube for what $60, it can do everything the dna200 board can now. but what about next week or the week after???? how long will that mod last me??6 months a year, will it be outdated in 2 months?

the dna200 board is the first board that actually seems like it MIGHT not get outdated anytime soon. Now it may, but with being able to set TCR, thats a huge plus. Im just not seeing what else we could want a mod to do that makes the actually vaping experience better or different.
so im kinda thinking the dna200 might not need replaced in the next year or 2. so if tahst the case i want amod that can last a year or 2 or 3

the only companies I know of with that reputation are provari and VS

plus knowing that if something goes wrong down the road, VS will fix my mod

this all combines to make me willing to pay more than $60 for a mod, but not $200 YET.

Im also considering the cloudmaker
since they will SUPPOSEDLY have every part for sale, so if a button stops working or something I could replace it myself possible for a few bucks, plus being able to change the loo of it is a plus for me.
still need to do some research
I have a couldmaker on preorder for the same reasons youre stating, and I love my sxmini as much as I do my DNA. but, with the same atty and settings I'm getting better battery life on the DNA mod with 900mah lipid than the sxmini with an 18650

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i like the cloudmaker because with a dna200 my 18650 collection is not obsolete

underd0g

Member For 4 Years
Vapor Shark DNA 200 w/ a black uwell crown tank on the right, Sig 150 TC on the left with the Triton tank.

545df8e77238117dd1830ecb5d7915a4.jpg

Sent from my  ☏

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congrats!!!!

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vapor Shark DNA 200 w/ a black uwell crown tank on the right, Sig 150 TC on the left with the Triton tank.
Sent from my  ☏

Mine is setup the same way. Love it!

underd0g

Member For 4 Years
I can't BELIEVE how light this is compared to a double 18650 mod. And the way it fires the subohm tank is amazing.

Sent from my  ☏

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my backup DNA200 Hcigar, seems like a very solid device, big preference to VS for size and feel, shipped back VS add nano coating, for sure hold me over at my purchase price, not worried about warranty. Performance wise no difference unsure on battery life yet.

Time to get rid of the Asshole, don't care for too many options in front of me, iJoy really was top grade for size and 200w, does not stay on shelf due to lack of usb and only down to .1, recommend to anyone who does not care about those issues, sidetracked it seems.. Lol

Hcigar
5fd9cf67d30740e56a1471335b02aef4.jpg

underd0g

Member For 4 Years
Hey guys I was wondering if anybody knows the connector type for the lipo battery that's used in the VS DNA 200. Got a Traxxas 6 amp plus charger that does lipo & nicad. The 3S connector type fits in my balance board, but I don't know what the connector type is for the positive and negative leads.
594e6acb2eca765c368da1c3eeecc9ad.jpg

Sent from my  ☏

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh I have plenty of gear. When I did the godforsaken dna40 vs preorder it took over a month. and I have a whiteout sx on preorder right now, not sure if I want a whiteout DNA or vsdna for the 200; or something else. I know I don't want to spend much more than 200$ since I'm not sure on the chip yet. I do know battery life at 80-90w is my biggest concern

Any battery life at 90w is going to be poor lol, duel 18650 drain like a bitch at that wattage to lol, I have the dna200 with 1000mag lipo in boxer mod and boxer mod dna133, get around same battery life but of course duel 18650 are able to swap and charge, but I have spare lipo batterys too and I have no problem swapping them out just like I did on my ec cars on a daily basis with no problems, people are scared of the unknown is all, but lipo are perfectly safe to take out and replace with charged ones it's what they were designed to do in ec cars, I mean I used three batterys per session on my ec car as it was pulling mega more watts than a poxy dna200 lol

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am so close to pulling trigger on Lavabox, with VS and Hcigar really having issue getting another small battery dna. Idk, maybe sell Hcigar, herd nothing but good stuff on lavatube and good reviews on Lavabox. Hope to get VS back next week with Vape shield and skin.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why can the VS do 2A charging is there a different charge board in it or is that a function in Escribe?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Why can the VS do 2A charging is there a different charge board in it or is that a function in Escribe?
VS has their proprietary 'zip charger.' They bypass the onboard charger and use their own 2a charger.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am so close to pulling trigger on Lavabox, with VS and Hcigar really having issue getting another small battery dna. Idk, maybe sell Hcigar, herd nothing but good stuff on lavatube and good reviews on Lavabox. Hope to get VS back next week with Vape shield and skin.

I came close to popping on the lavabox for a second unit. Then I emailed Grimm after his first look to see if the tinted screen were clear enough to see the screen when the brightness was taken down to 40%. He said he couldn't see anything. That's a deal breaker for me, since I save so much battery life doing that. It's a cool looking mod though and I love being able to change the grips. Bastards, that's such a nice looking mod. :(

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
If anyone does buy the lava box I would appreciate it if you used this link...http://www.volcanoecigs.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/106930/ PLUS IF YOU BUY FROM THE VOLCANO SITE THERE IS A 10% OFF CODE AS WELL I GOT MINE FOR $152 ZIP CHARFING SAME AS VAPOR SHARK BUT THEY GIVE YOU THE 2AMP WALL USB CHARGER AND CABLE.. GREAT DEAL IF YOU ASK ME! HERE IS THE 10% OFF CODE PLEASE SPREAD IT AROUND AS I was unsure where to post it but here it is 10% off $19.99 + .... REVI9433
IF YOU CAN USE THAT LINK AND HELP A ROTHER OUT AS I GET POINTS FOR THE REFERAL I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT 110% & that 10% off code is good till 11/15/15 I was on the notification list so I got the mod for $152 and free 2nd day Fed-ExShipping Volcano even has it posted in on the page for the LavaBox if you read closely in the description Volcano put up on their site when this went live last night they say word for word that this is the same technology that the Vapershark 200 is using, I think it sounds pretty damn close damn close to me as far as the same internals as the shark, 90 minutes to fully recharge a dead battery I'll save the $80 price difference seeing that you have to pay $50 more for the V.S.an extra $30 for the NANO coating so it doesn't ware away. DO NOT GET ME WRONG IF THIS MOD DID NOT HAVE THE ZIP CHARGING I WOULD OF BOUGHT A V.S. & still may? I don't understand why HANA doesn't have the daughter board for the 2 amp rapid charge??? I have been talking to a few vendors that have had this lavabox since the 7th they love it, not even in the same class as Hcigar as far as quality the L.B. is supposed to be wayyy better than anything other than the V.S. OR A STAB AWOOD CUSTOM, but that's another ball game IMO Quality is supposed to be on point they certainly took their time on this volcano version of the DNA200! I will let you know Tuesday next week what my initial impression is...

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Was wondering

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
Yet all the specs on the Lavabox say 1A charger.
I know but doesn't the Vapor shark have a 1 amp balance charger when it has only 1 amp applied while charging? I may be wrong but out of all the cheaper mods this one stands out to me the most I have been killing myself waiting on this mod as prefer the screen on the side & I just think Volcano is a reputable company too so worst comes to worst I buy the vapor shark I am fortunate enough to live in NJ and I am pretty sure we have the only Vapor Shark store outside of Florida to my knowledge?

underd0g

Member For 4 Years
Can anyone chime in on a couple things about the VS. What does the nano coating provide and does it change the look/feel of it?

Can another 3s (same size) lipo pack with a 1000-1300 mah be used instead of the 900 you get, or would it not fit? Just trying to see if I can get extra battery life outta mine.
Lastly, is there a way to protect the paint on top where our tank sits so it doesn't leave an impression around the 510 connection?

Sent from my  ☏

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know but doesn't the Vapor shark have a 1 amp balance charger when it has only 1 amp applied while charging? I may be wrong but out of all the cheaper mods this one stands out to me the most I have been killing myself waiting on this mod as prefer the screen on the side & I just think Volcano is a reputable company too so worst comes to worst I buy the vapor shark I am fortunate enough to live in NJ and I am pretty sure we have the only Vapor Shark store outside of Florida to my knowledge?
The board on the mod may be 2a but it needs at least 2A supplied to it. if you send only 1A to the charger it can only charger the 1a you send. But anyone with a tablet should have a 2A charger. I use my surface charger. I also have a 2A port in my truck.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can anyone chime in on a couple things about the VS. What does the nano coating provide and does it change the look/feel of it?

Can another 3s (same size) lipo pack with a 1000-1300 mah be used instead of the 900 you get, or would it not fit? Just trying to see if I can get extra battery life outta mine.
Lastly, is there a way to protect the paint on top where our tank sits so it doesn't leave an impression around the 510 connection?

Sent from my  ☏
The nano coating does not change the feel its vaporized silicone that coats the internals. They started it with the 40 because of the seem on top of the mod and people having hissy fits about leaking juice. -I never got it done and never had an issue. I just got my 200 back from having it done and everything feels the same. To the rub marks around the 510, I really don't know, a friend of mine put some packing tape around his and had no issues, my 200 doesn't have any mark yet. But I'm sure that's a manner of time.
To the battery I doubt it would fit, but I never tried. Like I said jn an earlier post I went into escribe and changed the brightness to 40% and timeout to 1second. That saved me some battery.
Hopefully someone will know about putting in a bigger pack

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
I MEAN I was about to build my own with a kit from noname mods a week ago because everything I read about the Other less expensive DNA mods just have more less poor battery life and take way to long to charge and why spend my doe on an expensive Hobby Balance charger and 3 separate packs to go along with it that's why I was going to just build a "1590 B Box so I could get a massive Lipo inside of it... Oh what is the benefits if any to using LIFE BATTERIES APOSED TO Li-Po's if there is any and what is the difference if you happen to know off the top of your head?

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
The board on the mod may be 2a but it needs at least 2A supplied to it. if you send only 1A to the charger it can only charger the 1a you send. But anyone with a tablet should have a 2A charger. I use my surface charger. I also have a 2A port in my truck.
Let me ask you something you seem to be one of the most familiar guys with these 2 amp zip chargers what happens if I plug that into my 5 amp usb Monster rapid charger in my gar by accident will it blow the mod or the charging board at least?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The only advantage of the lipo that I am aware of off the top my head is the charge speed.
For the way I vape, I can pop it on a charger in the truck and when I get home from work I have a full charge.
I don't know enough about LIFE TECHNOLOGY to give an a real answer.

VU Sponsors