Become a Patron!

Vaping Underground PIF Box ~ LIVE & IN PROGRESS~

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought you said you put them in but I can share I only need one. Hey how do you like the FuChai

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement
Are they red ones with the case the ones you got from the other box ? If so yes I put those in but glad your getting one out to him sucks when that happens (you dnt have what you gave away) and I love my fuchai

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. Currently I am still laid up recovering. It will be some time before I will be able to walk with both feet lol

I just want to get back to work and get this experience behind me.

If you like to text, feel free to pm me and I will send you my number so you can text me because I enjoy chatting with my friends :)

Happy New Year VU!

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. Currently I am still laid up recovering. It will be some time before I will be able to walk with both feet lol

I just want to get back to work and get this experience behind me.

If you like to text, feel free to pm me and I will send you my number so you can text me because I enjoy chatting with my friends :)

Happy New Year VU!
Much Momma lubs

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So, I built my first titanium coils and I'm sold. I'm running dual 6 wraps of 28 gauge at 500°F ohm-ing out at .23 on my aromamizer and it's awesome.

Sent from the bowels of a twisted mind
Have you tried stainless steel??

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

drowland32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have you tried stainless steel??

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
I tried the Uwell Crown with the stainless steel coils it comes with and it aggravated my asthma. I thought it might have been the juice I made, but I tried the same juice on a kanthal coil and had no issues. I haven't tried any other juices with them yet though.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried the Uwell Crown with the stainless steel coils it comes with and it aggravated my asthma. I thought it might have been the juice I made, but I tried the same juice on a kanthal coil and had no issues. I haven't tried any other juices with them yet though.

Aww I was going to say I personally like SS better and it's definitely cheaper

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

If you want I can send you a little bit of SS wire and see if it's different in a build

drowland32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Aww I was going to say I personally like SS better and it's definitely cheaper

I can't say with 100% certainty that's what caused it though. I probably will try it again with a different juice.

drowland32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you want I can send you a little bit of SS wire and see if it's different in a build

I appreciate it, but it's ok. I bought that box from Gearbest with the 6 different wires for $15. Just waiting on it to get here.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I appreciate it, but it's ok. I bought that box from Gearbest with the 6 different wires for $15. Just waiting on it to get here.

That's cool I've never ordered from them because when I first got on the forum someone was bitching like beyond the usual so I've never even really looked

drowland32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's cool I've never ordered from them because when I first got on the forum someone was bitching like beyond the usual so I've never even really looked

I'm not too impressed with them so far. I ordered a few single 18650 TC mods during the black Friday sales and still haven't received them. The wire box I purchased on December 19th and it hasn't even shipped yet.

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

How much does ss run and from where ive been wanting to try it but dont know who to go through

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much does ss run and from where ive been wanting to try it but dont know who to go through
Look up Unkamen on Etsy. He has 430 SS, and 316L. Reasonable prices and quick shipping.

316L 120' 26 GA $12
430 100' 28 GA $10

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look up Unkamen on Etsy. He has 430 SS, and 316L. Reasonable prices and quick shipping.

316L 120' 26 GA $12
430 100' 28 GA $10

Ya not sure if im in the right place all im finding is jewelry oh well
Thank you tho

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
439 has no nickel and a higher TCR (.00138). 316L is the most resistant to corrosion and has a lower TCR of .00092. This makes 430 a little more accurate, imo.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
439 has no nickel and a higher TCR (.00138). 316L is the most resistant to corrosion and has a lower TCR of .00092. This makes 430 a little more accurate, imo.

I've been sticking with 316 for no other reason it was just was on my table but I have about 800ft of 430 do you feel there is a flavor difference or is it just your preference

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been sticking with 316 for no other reason it was just was on my table but I have about 800ft of 430 do you feel there is a flavor difference or is it just your preference

No real flavor difference to me... although if you pick up metal taste from Ni200, you might from 316l

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No real flavor difference to me... although if you pick up metal taste from Ni200, you might from 316l

I've been pretty lucky with not having anything like that with Ni200 I used to have the hardest time getting it high enough to fire in RDTAs but I think I got it down now. I stopped buying nickel for a long time because of that but I've been using it here and there

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've accidentally bought button top batteries a while ago they work well it cylinder mech mods so If anyone needs any or whatever they're just collecting dust. I knew they where too good of a price to be what I needed lol

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've accidentally bought button top batteries a while ago they work well it cylinder mech mods so If anyone needs any or whatever they're just collecting dust. I knew they where too good of a price to be what I needed lol

What make?

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IMR 18650 3.7v LI-MN 35A I'm sure they're not the greatest but they where like 1$ each so I wasn't expecting the greatest but I was on a buying frenzy

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting takes on the SS, @shawn.hoefer - I've seen 316 mentioned most commonly as a builders' preference, but it seems like the 430 (or is it 439 - is that a thing or just a typo?) would be more desirable...still haven't pulled the trigger on any SS wire myself, but I've got a Kanger mod coming that claims to control it, so I'm anxious to experiment.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting takes on the SS, @shawn.hoefer - I've seen 316 mentioned most commonly as a builders' preference, but it seems like the 430 (or is it 439 - is that a thing or just a typo?) would be more desirable...still haven't pulled the trigger on any SS wire myself, but I've got a Kanger mod coming that claims to control it, so I'm anxious to experiment.
Without TCR adjustments, most SS TC is precalibrated for 316l

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
First off Happy New Year. Second The person who said they had a reaction to 316 SS after reading the other posts and the one saying 316 has some nickel in it. I wonder if you are having a reaction to the nickel and if I read correctly the 430(or439 whichever it is) does not. Wondering if that might be a better option to be able to Temp Control and not have a reaction to metal. Just a thought I had as I was catching up in here.

Third. Any idea where abouts we are with Art? I noticed after each made it through the first half the updating of the first post quit and I have lost track of where Art is :)

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off Happy New Year. Second The person who said they had a reaction to 316 SS after reading the other posts and the one saying 316 has some nickel in it. I wonder if you are having a reaction to the nickel and if I read correctly the 430(or439 whichever it is) does not. Wondering if that might be a better option to be able to Temp Control and not have a reaction to metal. Just a thought I had as I was catching up in here.

Third. Any idea where abouts we are with Art? I noticed after each made it through the first half the updating of the first post quit and I have lost track of where Art is :)
It's 430. I've got fat fingers and even on this Galaxy Note 4, I manage to mangle numbers...

drowland32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Without TCR adjustments, most SS TC is precalibrated for 316l

Shawn I have question. I was reading about the RX200, and someone said Wismec stated that it was calibrated for 309 ss. How does that affect using other types of ss, and have heard or seen anything about it?

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow...so looks like 6 ppl left in the box rotation on Art and Bart.. djmunster is sending to bondo, and mikea262 is sending to me...it is almost all over lol...I sure have enjoyed being with all of you...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shawn I have question. I was reading about the RX200, and someone said Wismec stated that it was calibrated for 309 ss. How does that affect using other types of ss, and have heard or seen anything about it?

I don't have one yet, but as I have come to understand it, the Reuleaux is calibrated for 316l SS. Most SS TC mods come programmed that way. To use other SS wires, it's a matter a of adjusting the temperature to suit. Typically, that temperature will be offset downwards by about 40 degrees.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What's up found the box I'm gonna do my next pif in lol
4cb6c2039db5097bd4051f78ce40af22.jpg

aa180cca5c11c7f32b87c4c962b17c85.jpg
Throw back Thursday I bought these bout sane time last year if I remember right

Sent from a Ghost town

Ace25

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Got mine yesterday with a couple spools of 316l only to find out the RX200 doesn't work with the type I got, instant Temp Protection on the screen. It works in VW mode, just not TC mode. Seems to be a common issue for people but a few have got some 316l to work. Seems not all 316l is equal or even close to each other so some work and others don't. Hopefully an update will come out that fixes the problem.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine yesterday with a couple spools of 316l only to find out the RX200 doesn't work with the type I got, instant Temp Protection on the screen. It works in VW mode, just not TC mode. Seems to be a common issue for people but a few have got some 316l to work. Seems not all 316l is equal or even close to each other so some work and others don't. Hopefully an update will come out that fixes the problem.
Hmmmmmm... others have reported good luck with the 316l...

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the RX200 and I'm running 316 in it and have from the beginning but I've heard the update fixes a lot of that

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I run 26 gauge 316L at about 460 degrees and maybe once temp protect on but that was after a quick series of puffs

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Once you go the first update that problem is usually solved it was with mine

Ace25

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried 24g and 28g SS, 2 builds each, both did the Temp Protection immediately and then SS is no longer an option on the mod. If you type in 'rx200 316l' in the search box at the top you can see others on this forum have had the same issue. Mine came with fw 1.05 out of the box, first thing I did was put batteries in it and update to 1.08 before any tanks where put on it. More threads about the issue if you google it (several threads on Reddit about the issue). It seems to be something with the wire as some work fine as pointed out, while others don't work at all.

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried 24g and 28g SS, 2 builds each, both did the Temp Protection immediately and then SS is no longer an option on the mod. If you type in 'rx200 316l' in the search box at the top you can see others on this forum have had the same issue. Mine came with fw 1.05 out of the box, first thing I did was put batteries in it and update to 1.08 before any tanks where put on it. More threads about the issue if you google it (several threads on Reddit about the issue). It seems to be something with the wire as some work fine as pointed out, while others don't work at all.
Hmm that's strange hopefully they come up with a fix for that

VU Sponsors