Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown opinions needed

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depending on how many adv flavors you have going lolol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone
1e36ea39d4fe267b3a8a17d2c3a765f3.jpg
that's true I suppose, but I still have these I vape in rotation with different flavors. I still love to drip once in awhile too..but eventually I'll get another Crown maybe for one of the IPV3's...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
1e36ea39d4fe267b3a8a17d2c3a765f3.jpg
that's true u suppose, but I still have these I vape in rotation with different flavors. I still love to drip once in awhile too..but eventually I'll get another Crown maybe for one of the IPV3's...

Looks like you need a total of 5 crowns

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm stoked to get my third Saturday from our friends at premium

Hey there, have you ever heard of fake Crown coils? How can we tell if they're authentic? Your reply will be appreciated as always :)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hey there, have you ever heard of fake Crown coils? How can we tell if they're authentic? Your reply will be appreciated as always :)

I've heard of them but have no idea what they look like to screen for them. I imagine they wouldn't perform well, dry hit and Probably burn out quick. Sorry I Don't Have DEFINITE Facts.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard of them but have no idea what they look like to screen for them. I imagine they wouldn't perform well, dry hit and Probably burn out quick. Sorry I Don't Have DEFINITE Facts.

Oh that's cool brother! I know you know what you're talking about so thanks for replying to my question ..

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Oh that's cool brother! I know you know what you're talking about so thanks for replying to my question ..

It will be ashame if these get out to many users and ruin the tanks impression for those who are just buying it.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will be ashame if these get out to many users and ruin the tanks impression for those who are just buying it.

Yeah you're right but the reason I was asking is because I got my Crowns at my local shop along with two boxes of .25 coils. Premium says they are a Uwell distributor and I just placed an order for a couple more boxes of the .25
I should have them tomorrow and thought about comparing them to the ones I got at my local shop and see if I can find any discrepancies. Don't get me wrong, the coils from my local shop hit great, but I can't really tell if they are authentic.. will find out more tomorrow

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yeah you're right but the reason I was asking is because I got my Crowns at my local shop along with two boxes of .25 coils. Premium says they are a Uwell distributor and I just placed an order for a couple more boxes of the .25
I should have them tomorrow and thought about comparing them to the ones I got at my local shop and see if I can find any discrepancies. Don't get me wrong, the coils from my local shop hit great, but I can't really tell if they are authentic.. will find out more tomorrow

I'd love to see n hear your thoughts on them compared to the B&M shops coils. I ordered coils from premium as well and will happy to receive them. I do think at times my ni200 crowns may have been fakes. Never really got good flavor and they died quick. Maybe I was a spoiled by the ss Coils but never know

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well they dont use authentication codes
so theres no way to be sure on crown stuff
they do have on their main website posted that no chinese of hong king vendors are authoirzed

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd love to see n hear your thoughts on them compared to the B&M shops coils. I ordered coils from premium as well and will happy to receive them. I do think at times my ni200 crowns may have been fakes. Never really got good flavor and they died quick. Maybe I was a spoiled by the ss Coils but never know

Sure..I'll post what I find out..I don't like the ni200 at all... I think I'm definitely spoiled to the .25, lol

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i guess im just weird

i think the .5 an d.25 have the same flavor
just you need more watts and juice for the .25 to perform so that seems useless to waste battery and juice for no significant improvement
and the ni200 coils are excellent, but depending on flavor the SS coils give a better taste

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm running the 0.3 in my atlantis 2 is 55 watts to high?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Crowns are dual coils so they need more power to shine.

PremiumVapeSupply

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

On uwell coils: I have to say though, I've used all three coils, and rotate through em at different times (when we get returns :p) and the 0.25 has to be the best bet for my set up. Plus I never found a need to vape about 50 watts unfortunately.

I will tell you this straight up, among all the coils we sell on our website, the lowest defect rate has been Uwell, and that's in comparison to the Smok TFV4, the Sense Herakles, and the High Voltage Matrix. It's solid QC and I'm not just bandwagoning or anything, this is purely my own opinion and not biased for our services with Uwell.

We're actually helping revamp Uwell's website right now to get the authentication code thing running properly. What we know of right now is there is 1 clone manufacturer in China who we're going to gun for very soon and apparently ecig lobby gets it from them. Most B&M's should have authentics in the USA unless they've wholesaled through eCig Lobby or they've bought from one of those Chinese supplier websites like dhgate or alibaba.

One of the reps for Uwell has told us about the fake coils. Their leads are out of place, the parallel coil is not set well, and that leads to improper heat distribution in the coil, and consistent dry hits, flooding and other crap we DEFINITELY don't want people vaping. I've smoked for the last 5 years until I quit completely with vaping (2 years and strong) and now that I'm a rep, I want to be as involved with the community (you guys) as much as possible to make this a safer environment for vaping.

Sorry for the essay, but just a few cents :D

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
.25 i found best around 75
.5 at 52-54
ni200 50j 572F but i feel if you have a device that can go higher
these coils would be even better at 55wish I dont have device capable of firing nickel above 50 so I cant test the theory

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
On uwell coils: I have to say though, I've used all three coils, and rotate through em at different times (when we get returns ) and the 0.25 has to be the best bet for my set up. Plus I never found a need to vape about 50 watts unfortunately.

I will tell you this straight up, among all the coils we sell on our website, the lowest defect rate has been Uwell, and that's in comparison to the Smok TFV4, the Sense Herakles, and the High Voltage Matrix. It's solid QC and I'm not just bandwagoning or anything, this is purely my own opinion and not biased for our services with Uwell.

We're actually helping revamp Uwell's website right now to get the authentication code thing running properly. What we know of right now is there is 1 clone manufacturer in China who we're going to gun for very soon and apparently ecig lobby gets it from them. Most B&M's should have authentics in the USA unless they've wholesaled through eCig Lobby or they've bought from one of those Chinese supplier websites like dhgate or alibaba.

One of the reps for Uwell has told us about the fake coils. Their leads are out of place, the parallel coil is not set well, and that leads to improper heat distribution in the coil, and consistent dry hits, flooding and other crap we DEFINITELY don't want people vaping. I've smoked for the last 5 years until I quit completely with vaping (2 years and strong) and now that I'm a rep, I want to be as involved with the community (you guys) as much as possible to make this a safer environment for vaping.

That's great info and I appreciate your thoughts and details on the subject. Great job !!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
On uwell coils: I have to say though, I've used all three coils, and rotate through em at different times (when we get returns :p) and the 0.25 has to be the best bet for my set up. Plus I never found a need to vape about 50 watts unfortunately.

are you saying my crown tank box should have an authentication code?

PremiumVapeSupply

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I forgot where it is exactly to be honest with you, but when I get back in the office I'll check and see where it is.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok....soooooo, today i decided to hit the shop and buy one of my all time favorite juices, Looper by ANML. Filled my crown up-first time with this juice and this tank, and was mentally imagining how amazing this was gonna be.....

Boy was I wrong! Sometimes I feel the crown is TOO flavorful! I mean, it was like I was drinking the juice not vaping it-totally over the top.

Ive had this experience on a fee juices, and im about to get into DIY and Im glad because i think im gonna dial down the flavor a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I forgot where it is exactly to be honest with you, but when I get back in the office I'll check and see where it is.
i found it
its under the insert on the back of the instruction manual.

I never looked in there till just now

oh look extra o rings
sweet

so with finding that
i feel the tank and coils i got form ecig.com are authentic
but i get plenty of dry hits on the ss and ni coils
now only whne the tank is just about empty or the only juice left is in the coil

i feel theres just not enough suction in the airflow to draw the juice to the the coil through all the wicking.so my coils will be slightly wet at the coil
the dry as you go away from the coil then wet again as you reach the outside edge of the assembly causing dry hits

i had a peach mango flavo rin
the tank was dry
the coil seemed wet though
nothing but dry hits though
so i changed flavors to an apple flavor

took about 3 good hits to actually taste apple
those first 3 hits were pure peach mango

Last edited:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So far, you are the only one I have heard with a dry hit. Just today, I wanted to see how low. 60w, .5 coil, 70 VG, ONE drop in the tank. Perfect hit. Never even a hint of dry hits. Chain vaping, long drags, no problem. 3-4 bubbles rise up after most drags. I can't see how if it's a poor design, how more people don't have problems. Especially since people have ran them up with pretty high power. I'm not doubting you, it just doesn't seem to be a wide spread problem. But it is for you on all coils.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So far, you are the only one I have heard with a dry hit. Just today, I wanted to see how low. 60w, .5 coil, 70 VG, ONE drop in the tank. Perfect hit. Never even a hint of dry hits. Chain vaping, long drags, no problem. 3-4 bubbles rise up after most drags. I can't see how if it's a poor design, how more people don't have problems. Especially since people have ran them up with pretty high power. I'm not doubting you, it just doesn't seem to be a wide spread problem. But it is for you on all coils.
exactly
i dont get it. if it was one coil ok no worries, but 3 coils? and teh ni200 coils give dry hits in TC mode? something is not right

plus i am not head over heals for the flavor as others
i feel its better then a STM
and the ss is better then a maganus, but not leagues better, just slightly

the crown is defintely one of the best tanks on the market, but something is truly bugging me about it. Im using it all day for days now, only real complaint is dry hitting at the end of the tank, when i know i should get a couple more pulls before its totally dry

i also dont like having to break them in and the initial nasty taste they give off. my maganus and stm coils need no break in and have no initial nasty taste

if you read through all the comments on all the different threads, the crown fan club makes it seem like the crown is perfect and nothing else compares. And im not trying to put words in anyone's mouth
thats just the impression I get form all the comments

yet for me its far from perfect, but still better then an STM and probably most other tanks

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you have to put it into perspective matt. Perhaps to many, their previous tank was not the magnus, and to them it IS as they say....worlds apart. As for dry hits...not sure vaping a tank down to basically empty, getting a dry hit, is what most people are talking about when they say "got a dry hit"-usually their tank is not empty.

As for flavor, well this is all subjective as to me, the crown borders on TOO much flavor, shit at times it feels like im drinking the juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So gripes... Juice seeps into air valve. Not the base, but builds up in the ring. I don't get that.

Initial bad taste. Don't get it. Sort of tastes like oil, but for half a tank?

I can get some spit back. Not bad at all with all the air but it happens.

Some gurgling. I don't think it's so much flooding, as it is accumulation. I have to clear it from time to time.

However... The only tank I can compare to is the sub tank mini. Take all the above, (except initial bad taste) and make them 10 times worse. And I'm not complaining about the STM. I figured all that came with vaping. Burnt hits all the time, flooding, minor leaking, cracking poping...

So ya, the Crown is worlds better. Like comparing the STM to a eGo One.

I usually run my tank all the way down. Fill up if I'm going to be out. But most of the time, I'm down past the top of the atomizer. Every now and then, I get into the base. Never once a dry hit. Not even close.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
aha!! figured out that Looper is a 50:50 pg/vg mix....compared to the max VG stuff I've grown to love. It is now my expert opinion that the Crown tank NEEDS max VG juice, or at least a high VG, this 50:50 is just too thin and the flavor of it is just too much.

Gripes: Juice seeps into the air valve and builds up in the ring. ONE of my tanks does this, the other not yet.

Spit back...sure...at low watts

gurgling: again, at low watts

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can run both mine down until there appears to be no liquid in the tank at all without a dry hit! And amazingly, not even a leak (and all the other tanks I have will eventually leak when they get too low - probably because by then they're incredibly hot with my vaping style).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am thinking of buying this tank on the weekend, along with a billow V2.

The only thing holding me back is that it takes manufactured coils-I much prefer rebuildables, but if it is really good i may get one as it is only £20, the Billow V2 is £28.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am thinking of buying this tank on the weekend, along with a billow V2.

The only thing holding me back is that it takes manufactured coils-I much prefer rebuildables, but if it is really good i may get one as it is only £20, the Billow V2 is £28.
Its true that the Crown uses pre-built coils but they last a long time..I have two Crowns I vape every day and the coils are three weeks old and still going strong.. These coils use Stainless wire and Japanese cotton making for awesome flavor and huge clouds.. You wouldn't go wrong getting the Crown..

VU Sponsors