Member For 4 Years
Sort of vape mail

My 27g wire and 36g/38g came in so I made some of these

f1e1e857db6f78f57ddb162052d6481c.jpg
e1f5d327b1fcea1445e5dcff111e4b4a.jpg

For some reason I made the runs a bit longer than normal lol

Oops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice looking aliens. I figured it out some months back then quit making them before I got it down 100%.cant do them now but usually just vape fused Claptons

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
SJMY Timekeeper from FT arrived today. Delivery time not too shabby - I placed the order on Oct 19, so 12 days altogether.

Wow have mech tubes ever changed! Still don't know how to get all the little seams in the metal to meet and screw completely closed - 510 pin on this Goon clone I put on it is a tad too long, I guess, but the vape on this combination is great so I'm leaving it. Might be able to take the switch apart and adjust it, but seeing the seams a little bit isn't bothering me that bad, although in time, it may.

The firing button on this mod is great. I'm shocked, epecially for the price. It's nice!

It just occurred to me - y'all probably file the 510s down to make everything fit properly. ????

excellent on the shipping time. hope i'm that lucky.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice looking aliens. I figured it out some months back then quit making them before I got it down 100%.cant do them now but usually just vape fused Claptons

I like fused also... plain... framed haha...

This is like the 3rd set I've made in the past week or so since I got the Overlord... before that I didn't make a set in nearly a year... fun to make them once in a while :) Stay in practice... I just can't make them in long runs... have a ghetto set up and make 8" runs... one day maybe I'll care enough to get proper swivels etc. so I can ultra tension a 24" run

But yeah fused are so much faster and vape just as well.

This set I put in the Goon came out to .13Ω not much different than the .14Ω fused I was running lol

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm super late to this party-
1031192101-1.jpg
The original Freemax Fireluke (Champagne color)
I got a Mesh Pro about a year ago. I hate the slider top. This one has a proprietary drip tip but I'm cool with that. It's got the RBA which I like to collect. I'll eventually get a Fireluke Pro too and probably a regular Fireluke Resin. Thanks for helping me find one @nadalama!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, nice aliens. Wish I could do that. I tried wrapping claptons and that was difficult enough that I buy wire from AVS and LV. Someday...maybe. Nice work.
That's the way I feel. @marter you asked earlier why I don't make my own? I can do dual core fused just fine, except that come out all twisted and I can't straighten them and the twist drives my OCD crazy even though the vape fine. Also, I prefer 3 core and I cannot keep the cores from collapsing. I keep planning on buying those 3d printed things to help keep the cores together, but never get to it.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the way I feel. @marter you asked earlier why I don't make my own? I can do dual core fused just fine, except that come out all twisted and I can't straighten them and the twist drives my OCD crazy even though the vape fine. Also, I prefer 3 core and I cannot keep the cores from collapsing. I keep planning on buying those 3d printed things to help keep the cores together, but never get to it.
Same here. What I meant when I asked was buying the same prewound wire from AVS and rolling your own coils, vs. their premade coils. Wrapping that wire is a different story. I can do it fine, for a couple inches, then the drill messes up (it's not me, I swear). I do like their triple and quad core wire. I see they have an oct-core wire. Might be a little wide for a 6 wrap though.

Aliens? Watched plenty of videos, but doing it is another story. I do like them though. Some day....

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here. What I meant when I asked was buying the same prewound wire from AVS and rolling your own coils, vs. their premade coils. Wrapping that wire is a different story. I can do it fine, for a couple inches, then the drill messes up (it's not me, I swear). I do like their triple and quad core wire. I see they have an oct-core wire. Might be a little wide for a 6 wrap though.

Aliens? Watched plenty of videos, but doing it is another story. I do like them though. Some day....
I tried to do aliens oh boy, its tough!!!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess this is KINDA along the lines of vape mail. I bought a good size plastic bin full of mostly old vape stuff from a guy on Craigslist last year. My Panzers, the 454 Big Block and a BUNCH of other stuff was in there. I pulled it out today for the first time in months and look at this small collection of groovy 510 drip tips I found in there. Billet Box ready :D
20191101_113511_cr.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess this is KINDA along the lines of vape mail. I bought a good size plastic bin full of mostly old vape stuff from a guy on Craigslist last year. My Panzers, the 454 Big Block and a BUNCH of other stuff was in there. I pulled it out today for the first time in months and look at this small collection of groovy 510 drip tips I found in there. Billet Box ready :D
View attachment 148983
I have a few of those. The one with the airflow thing is from a TFV4 era tank. You can unsrew those in half don't ask me why lol. I've taken silver and black and put them together mismatched.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the big bottles ? i have moved them so idk. but yeah, there is one of those in there.
Yeah, in the picture there's a 60ml bottle of Capella something ending in a Y and V2. I was just curious what that would be. It's in between TFA Vanilla Swirl and TFA Strawberry in the back row. I do like Raspberry V2 more than V1. I was just wondering if that's what it was.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A big Thank You to @Aspiretina :inlove: my prize from a contest here on VU. The Aspire Mulus AIO.

Using the pre-installed Aspire Nautilus 2S Mesh Coil .70 ohms @ 20 watts the airflow is adjustable with the Nautilus coils. Really nice restricted DL. Flavor is quite good! Really lightweight, 510 driptip compatiable.

Now if Aspire will make a RBA this would be a all around winner!

View attachment 148824
View attachment 148825
I'm trying to find a us seller.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got a Squid double barrel from Alatide and he sent me a drop dead rda also which is cool. Never had many rabbits so ill have to see what this thing can do.
8ba7dceb75c70fe34c5b8b53105beec3.jpg
You're one of my favorites around here man so don't take this the wrong way, but do you live in a dungeon? :giggle: :giggle:
It always looks so dark in the room when you take pics......maybe you're a vampire?
;)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're one of my favorites around here man so don't take this the wrong way, but do you live in a dungeon? :giggle: :giggle:
It always looks so dark in the room when you take pics......maybe you're a vampire?
;)
We keep it like a cave. Im the most tan vampire alive. Or dead. Wait. Hell who knows. Lol. But we have room darkening shades over everything. My wife wirks third shift.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We keep it like a cave. Im the most tan vampire alive. Or dead. Wait. Hell who knows. Lol. But we have room darkening shades over everything. My wife wirks third shift.
Gotcha. I work the graveyard shift as well and until I bought blackout curtains for my bedroom I had a really hard time getting a proper sleep.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotcha. I work the graveyard shift as well and until I bought blackout curtains for my bedroom I had a really hard time getting a proper sleep.
Yea thats a tough adjustment. I did it for about 2 yrs but burnt out quick. Working by myself sweeping parking lots of shopping center accounts we have. Boring as fuck. At least shes around people to help her night pass.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea thats a tough adjustment. I did it for about 2 yrs but burnt out quick. Working by myself sweeping parking lots of shopping center accounts we have. Boring as fuck. At least shes around people to help her night pass.
The only positive I can see from the sweeping parking lots stint would be being able to vape whenever you want, aside from that, no thanks, lol. I'm nearing the end of my ability to tolerate this shift, it's been years and the older I get the less easily I can flip to regular hours on the weekends to spend time with my family then back to nights during the week. It's just not natural imo

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only positive I can see from the sweeping parking lots stint would be being able to vape whenever you want, aside from that, no thanks, lol. I'm nearing the end of my ability to tolerate this shift, it's been years and the older I get the less easily I can flip to regular hours on the weekends to spend time with my family then back to nights during the week. It's just not natural imo
Thats my wifes worst part too. She works sunday to Thursday but will stay up daytimr friday and di the shopping and sruff. But then shes crashed by 6pm friday just to manage being awake during the weekend. Sucks for her I know.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Blotto RTA today. Is it a keeper?? Not quite sure yet. I'm leaning towards yes. It's a fairly restrictive draw but nowhere near the MTL area. Very quiet and flavor is outstanding. The deck is a bit of a pain as 2.5mm is gonna be the max here. Not much room to work with. I'm not a fan of the low profile drip tip so that's gotta go.

IMG_20191104_150403531.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I do know what to say... its pretty good ;)

It did come with a few draw backs though..

1st... its not truly hybrid safe in my opinion... the 510 barely and I mean BARELY protrudes past the threads... luckily I ordered some 2x1mm washers that fit and extends the pin out well... I'll edit a pic in...

2nd... it came filthy... like straight up, "Lets vape some machine oil" with that juice you got... took 8 passes in my USC to get rid of the taste... 1h20m

Voltage loss isn't bad... 3.73v compared to the Goon V1 3.79v... 3.5w ;) Can't discern that.

Have some fiddling to do with proper coil height to my preference... but outside of those things, not bad.

Edit:

575e7c0c8376d85580acf459dd97456b.jpg

How much it sticks out, is basically how thick the 2x1 washers are...

VU Sponsors