The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A big Thank You to @Aspiretina :inlove: my prize from a contest here on VU. The Aspire Mulus AIO.

Using the pre-installed Aspire Nautilus 2S Mesh Coil .70 ohms @ 20 watts the airflow is adjustable with the Nautilus coils. Really nice restricted DL. Flavor is quite good! Really lightweight, 510 driptip compatiable.

Now if Aspire will make a RBA this would be a all around winner!

View attachment 148824
View attachment 148825
Whooo hooo! congrats!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks! Such a shame no rba I asked @Aspiretina & she said they had no plans for an rba but would pass my suggestion on. YouTube reviewers vids also said the same thing.
I think at this point they should all be coming with RBA's. I mean yes, it cuts into their sales but people will always still buy the pre-made coils for the convenience.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
b874cb8ac32afcf5146893e4784181bd.jpg

Well let’s see how this one fares

Dun dun duhhhn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A big Thank You to @Aspiretina :inlove: my prize from a contest here on VU. The Aspire Mulus AIO.

Using the pre-installed Aspire Nautilus 2S Mesh Coil .70 ohms @ 20 watts the airflow is adjustable with the Nautilus coils. Really nice restricted DL. Flavor is quite good! Really lightweight, 510 driptip compatiable.

Now if Aspire will make a RBA this would be a all around winner!

View attachment 148824
View attachment 148825
You need to break down and get you a Billet Box :rolleyes:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good luck!
I really want this one to work out for you, but on the other hand I almost want to see pics after you go ape shit with a hammer like you threatened last time
:giggle: :giggle:
i just hope the 1st was a defect..and this one lives to the hype. Keep us posted

Sent from a very cloudy room

Yeah I dunno... there is some nasty voltage drop in the atty... really think its the 510 pin...

To me, Love the clamps... but the performance isn't there. Now how significant really is 3.81v to 3.58v = 97w vs 85w same build coil... ran out of 27 gauge to make some a little lower in ohms... but one read .15 vs .14 and I bet they are more like .153 and .146... Terk V2 needs slightly longer legs than the Goon.

Will update with pics...

43c399eb293ebac1f24cc2983f6edc15.jpg

Terk with 2.26.40 3mm 5 wrap N80

97d06a98f70c0d5b821cbc3e65d6bbab.jpg

Goon with same coil

7e1365e953f1c8ca4319d9ff0ed25698.jpg

Goon fresh 30T 4.19V

88dd9eab5f670ac481245a0f647f3226.jpg

Terk fresh 30T 4.20v

Might look to see if I have a 510 pin to replace the one the Terk came with

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
and I get .14Ω vs .15Ω there will be a variation of voltage... but the Terk had the higher Ωs which should reduce the voltage sag just a lil more than .14 ;)

search through my bin for a 510 lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sadly no 510 pin I have fits the Terk...

Anyone looking for a Stainless and also a Matte Black Terk V2... 2 for the price of one ;) LOL
So the terk v2 is shit. Sucks cuz it looks nice. But voltage drop is for the birds. You think people could figure out how to make an rda that has minimal drop. But nope. Like fuck it man it looks great. No matter if using it gives the vape of a dead battery

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the terk v2 is shit. Sucks cuz it looks nice. But voltage drop is for the birds. You think people could figure out how to make an rda that has minimal drop. But nope. Like fuck it man it looks great. No matter if using it gives the vape of a dead battery

Will be the perfect RDA for a regulated, but on a mech... yeah its shit performance wise.

EDIT: Guess my hunt for a Goon 1.5 deck is on... or a rescue kits for the Goon V1 ;)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
i have a BB, and other stuff, coming from FT. shipped, whatever that means, monday.

I placed a FT order on 10/29- already shipped.
My other FT ordered around 10/3 and I got it yesterday 10/29, they had a holiday a few weeks ago and China was shut down for a week.
Hopefully all our FT orders come quickly!
:slowclap:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I placed a FT order on 10/29- already shipped.
My other FT ordered around 10/3 and I got it yesterday 10/29, they had a holiday a few weeks ago and China was shut down for a week.
Hopefully all our FT orders come quickly!
:slowclap:

for me, Ft is about 3 weeks.

about 2 yeears ago, i ordered a $1.50 bulb on eebey. took 3 months.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is this the one? I can never tell the difference of all the goons made
296a574526ba06b3fd9cb81c81c1d127.jpg
That's the Original goon like I have... but your clamps don't have the beveled edges like mine...

The Goon 1.5 Deck fits the caps of the original goon ... which those clamps are a much needed upgrade over the V1...

upload_2019-10-30_15-53-26.png

Odds are I'll end up with the 1.5 deck, build it, and it will have awful voltage drop compared to the v1 LOL

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I did a little surgery on the Terk... I broke it down and polished the clamps a little on the under side... wanted to polish the posts also where they sandwich with the clamps, but I couldn't find my 10k diamond files, or my micro mesh pads... probably in one of the boxes in my closet during the move... ended up using my knife sharpening stone... anyhoo

Just the under side of the clamps the voltage moved up to 3.69v from 3.58v... there is promise to be had...

I'll update after I find the files and do a proper polishing on the posts...

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I did a little surgery on the Terk... I broke it down and polished the clamps a little on the under side... wanted to polish the posts also where they sandwich with the clamps, but I couldn't find my 10k diamond files, or my micro mesh pads... probably in one of the boxes in my closet during the move... ended up using my knife sharpening stone... anyhoo

Just the under side of the clamps the voltage moved up to 3.69v from 3.58v... there is promise to be had...

I'll update after I find the files and do a proper polishing on the posts...
@Tall Pines had a couple of Goon 1.5's for sale recently

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not really, just pointing out that another member was selling a couple because I think Don just needs the deck. Cheaper than new

Thx!

Going to give the Terk a full on diamond file job...just have to dig through some boxes...

Really thinking the PVD coating they put on the Terk is causing the voltage loss... just taking off the small amount from the clamp upped the voltage by .11, if a polish of the posts and clamps ups it another .12 I can live with that.

3.58+.23= the Goon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thx!

Going to give the Terk a full on diamond file job...just have to dig through some boxes...

Really thinking the PVD coating they put on the Terk is causing the voltage loss... just taking off the small amount from the clamp upped the voltage by .11, if a polish of the posts and clamps ups it another .12 I can live with that.

3.58+.23= the Goon
I have a couple authentic stainless 1.5s. Both in excellent condition, one only built on once. I'd be willing to trade one for something I don't have.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not really, just pointing out that another member was selling a couple because I think Don just needs the deck. Cheaper than new

Thank you... I pm'd Tall Pines if he/she would be kind enough to do an experiment for me and see if the 1.5s Post/Clamps fit in the V1 base... if they do, I'll more than likely go that route...

528 has rescue kits available for $5 plus shipping... but don't have the 1.5s kit... would of bought both and gave it a go.

Really thinking I am either going to stick with the Goon V1 forever... or have to buy a comp deck from one of those companies like CompLyfe etc... I am 0 for 3 with Twisted Messes mfg'd RDAs... 2x Terks 1 Occula for being poop.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you... I pm'd Tall Pines if he/she would be kind enough to do an experiment for me and see if the 1.5s Post/Clamps fit in the V1 base... if they do, I'll more than likely go that route...

528 has rescue kits available for $5 plus shipping... but don't have the 1.5s kit... would of bought both and gave it a go.

Really thinking I am either going to stick with the Goon V1 forever... or have to buy a comp deck from one of those companies like CompLyfe etc... I am 0 for 3 with Twisted Messes mfg'd RDAs... 2x Terks 1 Occula for being poop.
I think the post screws on the 1.5 and newer Goons are longer the the v1.

Sucks that it isn't working out for you. I love mine. Been using it on a comp lyfe hk25 and it's one of if not the hardiest hitting combo I have.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the post screws on the 1.5 and newer Goons are longer the the v1.

Sucks that it isn't working out for you. I love mine. Been using it on a comp lyfe hk25 and it's one of if not the hardiest hitting combo I have.

I know the screws are longer ;) I was more referencing if both posts are interchangeable... Tall Pines said the clamps and screws/caps are interchangeable... but would check if the posts are later today.

As for the Terk... It's been a huge let down thus far... but still looking for my files and micro mesh... probably in the garage haha... then I will strip that PVD coating off the posts.

Really surprised that two are exactly the same in performance, although the stainless sits better over the deck than the matte black one.

Hard to deny voltage drop read by a dmm on its performance though.

Can only imagine if you think yours is hitting hard now if you chose to file off the PVD coating on the posts if your thoughts would be different; since I gained .11v from just filing the coating off bottom of the clamps. 6.5w is noticeable... just really hoping to gain at least another .10v when I finally find my files lol

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know the screws are longer ;) I was more referencing if both posts are interchangeable... Tall Pines said the clamps and screws/caps are interchangeable... but would check if the posts are later today.

As for the Terk... It's been a huge let down thus far... but still looking for my files and micro mesh... probably in the garage haha... then I will strip that PVD coating off the posts.

Really surprised that two are exactly the same in performance, although the stainless sits better over the deck than the matte black one.

Hard to deny voltage drop read by a dmm on its performance though.

Can only imagine if you think yours is hitting hard now if you chose to file off the PVD coating on the posts if your thoughts would be different; since I gained .11v from just filing the coating off bottom of the clamps. 6.5w is noticeable... just really hoping to gain at least another .10v when I finally find my files lol

Sometimes logic fails me. My wife is mostly Vulcan and has sucked out any Vulcan I had in me.

It could also be that I'm not as sensitive to the differences. To be fair, I also haven't put new coils in it since June. When I bought mine I bought it directly from Terk at the Houston vape expo and it was loaded with coils and cotton. I've changed the cotton and cleaned the coils but nothing else. The coils are still in great shape. I did buy a few more sets of his coils at the time of purchase figuring to keep Terk coils in the Terk RDA.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
SJMY Timekeeper from FT arrived today. Delivery time not too shabby - I placed the order on Oct 19, so 12 days altogether.

Wow have mech tubes ever changed! Still don't know how to get all the little seams in the metal to meet and screw completely closed - 510 pin on this Goon clone I put on it is a tad too long, I guess, but the vape on this combination is great so I'm leaving it. Might be able to take the switch apart and adjust it, but seeing the seams a little bit isn't bothering me that bad, although in time, it may.

The firing button on this mod is great. I'm shocked, epecially for the price. It's nice!

It just occurred to me - y'all probably file the 510s down to make everything fit properly. ????

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SJMY Timekeeper from FT arrived today. Delivery time not too shabby - I placed the order on Oct 19, so 12 days altogether.

Wow have mech tubes ever changed! Still don't know how to get all the little seams in the metal to meet and screw completely closed - 510 pin on this Goon clone I put on it is a tad too long, I guess, but the vape on this combination is great so I'm leaving it. Might be able to take the switch apart and adjust it, but seeing the seams a little bit isn't bothering me that bad, although in time, it may.

The firing button on this mod is great. I'm shocked, epecially for the price. It's nice!

It just occurred to me - y'all probably file the 510s down to make everything fit properly. ????
I'll pm you in a few

VU Sponsors