Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Full blast...
a2b21c9ff326866fe56fca0739148043.jpg
That really is a beautiful mod. Custom engraving too.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
i've had it a few days. but just yesterday made the Fugly's for it. yes, its very nice. one thing i do like about it, the beauty ring, i think i am going to make a few of them, custom of course.

So maybe Fugly’s will turn out to be your special build, and people on VU will want Fugly coils from you! :giggle: Sorry, I just had to...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a big heavy beast. But, very ergonomic for a triple battery mod, IMO. Ya can see that even in my smallish hand it's still pretty comfortable.

I love mine, had it for years now. :)

I haven’t tried it yet. But I’m glad I got it. I just don’t really have enough batteries for it right now, since I use mostly single cell mods. I thought it was a dual when I bought it, but I’d heard good things about it.

The Aegis Legend put me off dual battery mods. It’s so heavy and the battery life was not great. The Aegis Solo is great, though. I hope all these mods don’t end up disappearing, though. It bums me out with what’s going on with vaping and with corona in this country.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven’t tried it yet. But I’m glad I got it. I just don’t really have enough batteries for it right now, since I use mostly single cell mods. I thought it was a dual when I bought it, but I’d heard good things about it.

The Aegis Legend put me off dual battery mods. It’s so heavy and the battery life was not great. The Aegis Solo is great, though. I hope all these mods don’t end up disappearing, though. It bums me out with what’s going on with vaping and with corona in this country.

One thing: do use 'married' batteries in it, like all multiple battery mods.
I.E., don't just put misc. batteries in a multiple battery mod.

I try to use the same sets that are all about the same mAh and voltages. My charger also has tests to show the internal resistance of a battery, which is a good indicator of it's health. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How's this for a blast from the past?

Just pulled this stuff out of storage....still in perfect condition other than the threads on the IGO-L are shot from sheer useage. Thus the radiator. Got that IGO-L in a co-op on NV back in like 2013-14. :D

IGO-L w/ a 2.6Ω 0.76Ω 5-wrap SS316L build (yes, you read that correctly)
DT from a Protank IIRC, JM mods mech clone, and a grey Panny 18650.

Still gotz it...still beautiful too.

// EDIT: I'm an idjit, it's a JM mods clone, not a Cronus...derrrp!
// EDIT2: Odd, I'd measured the atty/coil on my Smok meter-thingy, it must be dying. That reading can't be right. I now just took just one wrap off and it's reading 0.76 now on the Pico...so IDKWTF was going on there.

This makes more sense now: https://www.steam-engine.org/coil?mat=ss316l&r=0.75&id=2.5&ll=2

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 162780
Here's a blast from the past. A wood Hellboy II RDA. My lovely wife found it this morning. I forgot all about it. I cleaned it up and threw in some modified Killer coils. I'm actually shocked how well it works.
No wood, but inspired me to dig up and build the Hellboy tonight. Really isn't a bad vape at all :)
1591758651557404123888.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's twice in a few days. You're making me want to pull out my Proton.
Ha ha. I've got the same combo again today. Trying something new. Vaping one flavor until it's gone. Like i used to when I first started vaping. Now I have 15 or more open bottles all half used and changing flavor from the oxidation of nic.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
this is a unicorn mod for me. and when they come up, somebody gets it before me. this one was sitting there for hours, and i thought it was gone. but i said "if still up, i'l take it" . shortly after, some PM'ing, and i got it. it looks darned good, but there is some very small corrosion in some of the zillion nooks-n-crannies. i need to find a non-abrasive way to get it out. maybe salt & vinager mix will do it.
guys says i am the 2nd owner. i made a brass fire bar for the LJ that will find its way to this, but that is just a proto. when i get more brass i will make proper bars for each.

20200609_212023.jpg 20200608_074116.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While my SXK Legend RDTA was stewing away in it's bath, I decided to talk a walk over to Trader Joe's while the sunshine lasted. (with my Luxotic and the DT I stoled from the Legend...it fits the Tobhino perfectly) It's gonna be rainy for the rest of the week...argh.

Lovely day... The daffydills are blooming even.

kXR8aua.jpg

Oh look, a tree! ;)

w23pKXa.jpg

Kind of a joke, as there are trees everywhere...here is on the way home.

ZZprRkI.jpg

Beauty exists even in the crappy neighborhood. :)

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think the kids would say "yeet?"
509dc58e4e1f94f01c00cacbf607c632.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
They are lovely mods.

Mine is going up in the hardware thread later today, so just a heads up for you all. I have several different colored rings for it also. and any of you that missed out on the white brass 18650 unicorn that Jwill had up for sale awhile back. Yep, gonna look for a new
home for that one also. Just how it goes..................Need to sell them off, as it makes no sense for such beautiful mods to be sitting in boxes.

VU Sponsors