Become a Patron!

The Merlin RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could give you a pic of what I've done but because of the thin clear plastic I used you wouldn't be able to see it :)
I just cut a piece of plastic just slightly larger than the atty it self, made a small hole for the 510 and then glued in place,
And after the glue set well, I just trimmed of the edge so it fitted the atty.
Hope the helps :)
What plastic & glue did u use? Thanks!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am also look for a single coil rta. I'd like to get into building so I can see what all the fuss is about. But I really don't want to have a bunch of issues with leaking or filling up constantly. That's why I haven't looked at the other great suggestions
I think you should try the Serpent Mini 25mm great flavor, clouds comes with a single & dual coil deck 4.5ml capacity & wicked right, no leaks.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've thought about it but the two mods I have I'm not sure any tank bigger than a 22mm will fit without overhang. Then my OCD would kick in and I'd get all fidgety and things like that lmao. No for real though. How much over hang is there really is what I'd like to know. I mean I know I'd get more liquid and a slightly bigger deck. Yea now I'm just typing what I'm thinking instead of keeping the voices in my head

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMG_0266.JPG
The modgaurd from Kidney Puncher does about the same thing. Here is an e-bay link for something similar with different sizes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172063925940?var=470916191001

My Merlin(s) all weep and the modguard will keep them going for a few days but the chamber around the airflow will eventually fill up and juice will weep out of the air flow holes instead of the base. Too bad as the Merlin has the best flavor for a single coil atty that I have tried.

Original Serpent is almost as good in the flavor department but has a really janky JFC. Serpent Mini 22/25 are good but too hot for my liking. Bachelor is also great but they are similar to the Merlin with a press fit base and will weep a bit but not as bad as a Merlin.

Haven't figured out how to get good flavor out of a KF5 but love the design.

The only dedicated single coil tank I REALLY like is a Subtank Plus with the V2 RBA head. Been using the same one daily for well over a year with ZERO issues.

I have been re-building for about 3 years starting with a Russian 91% and have always tried to stick with single coil tanks being a MTL vapor.

Until last week when I picked up a Supreme....best flavor I have ever had out of a tank. Think I will go for dual coil tanks now as all of the dedicated single coil tanks have some issue or issues.
I joined the Facebook page for Steamcrave & the peeps on there have successfully built a single coil on the postless deck.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've thought about it but the two mods I have I'm not sure any tank bigger than a 22mm will fit without overhang. Then my OCD would kick in and I'd get all fidgety and things like that lmao. No for real though. How much over hang is there really is what I'd like to know. I mean I know I'd get more liquid and a slightly bigger deck. Yea now I'm just typing what I'm thinking instead of keeping the voices in my head
What mods do you have? If I have them I can take a pic for you. Or you can buy a bigger mod lol!

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At the moment I have an istick tc 100w and an ipvd3. Waiting on my alien to get here. I know it'll take 25mm tank. But I don't want to get stuck with a tank that can only be used on one mod if that makes sense. If you have either, some pics would be really great!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At the moment I have an istick tc 100w and an ipvd3. Waiting on my alien to get here. I know it'll take 25mm tank. But I don't want to get stuck with a tank that can only be used on one mod if that makes sense. If you have either, some pics would be really great!
I don't have either of those mods but I can take a pic with the Joyetech Evic Vtc Mini for you. Give me a few minutes.

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What plastic & glue did u use? Thanks!

Just a bit of hard clear plastic I cut off from some of that packaging that many shop items have now been sealed up in. just make sure that you just apply the glue to the bottom of the tank and not to the edge where the AFC turns. :)

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a bit of hard clear plastic I cut off from some of that packaging that many shop items I now sealed up in. just make sure that you just apply the glue to the bottom of the tank and not to the edge where the AFC turns. :)
Thanks! Great idea! What glue did you use?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Augvape wants me to send them a video of my seepage. Maybe I should send a video of my toenails growing instead. Same thing.
Send it and also link them to this thread. I linked this thread to them as well. Let them know that we know they know and they're ignoring us. It's the only way you'll get these Chinese companies to stop producing shit. Hit them where it hurts in the pocket book. Look at whats going on with Uwell. Nobody's buying they're shit anymore because they fucked too many people. Everyone that had a seepage problem problem should post to their FB page, send an email, and link this thread every time someone mentions an Augvape product. Sooner or later they'll get the message. If they don't want to listen, then you make them listen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mark1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Send it and also link them to this thread. I linked this thread to them as well. Let them know that we know they know and they're ignoring us. It's the only way you'll get these Chinese companies to stop producing shit. Hit them where it hurts in the pocket book. Look at whats going on with Uwell. Nobody's buying they're shit anymore because they fucked too many people. Everyone that had a seepage problem problem should post to their FB page, send an email, and link this thread every time someone mentions an Augvape product. Sooner or later they'll get the message. If they don't want to listen, then you make them listen.

I'm not going to waste my time. I went thru the same with with the Bachelor tank. The only good thing with that one was that some guy over at the other forum offered to buy it from me for parts.

As it stands, I hit these companies in the pocketbook by not buying their shit anymore. Eleaf is one. But many vapers don't seem to get it yet. Stop buying when you have a bad experience. When it comes to mass bad experiences by others, that should be a sign.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

They never replied to my Facebook post :mad: granted I didn't yell or berate them just asked but no response at all :(.
They know about this thread, from what I remember Roxy & the head of Augvape was on this thread, I forgot his name.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm not going to waste my time. I went thru the same with with the Bachelor tank. The only good thing with that one was that some guy over at the other forum offered to buy it from me for parts.

As it stands, I hit these companies in the pocketbook by not buying their shit anymore. Eleaf is one. But many vapers don't seem to get it yet. Stop buying when you have a bad experience. When it comes to mass bad experiences by others, that should be a sign.
yup. sad thing is there aren't many good companies and the most popular ones are shit and people don't care because they are cheap devices. 35 dollar mod broke after 2 weeks fine i'll buy another one. I never understand that. I'd rather put my money towards a good company. Very few companies make good products at good prices and even less have good support

Mark1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yup. sad thing is there aren't many good companies and the most popular ones are shit and people don't care because they are cheap devices. 35 dollar mod broke after 2 weeks fine i'll buy another one. I never understand that. I'd rather put my money towards a good company. Very few companies make good products at good prices and even less have good support

Yep, I've had mods go to hell.... iStick and the IPV4. No more money from me. I have 4 Sigelei 150W box mods (non temp control). They're still going strong. The first one I bought is almost two years old. I found a vendor that still sells them and bought 3 more around 6 months ago.

So, build a quality mod, I keep buying. Build a quality tank, I keep buying. That's why I have numerous Kanger Subtanks. They work. They don't leak.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep, I've had mods go to hell.... iStick and the IPV4. No more money from me. I have 4 Sigelei 150W box mods (non temp control). They're still going strong. The first one I bought is almost two years old. I found a vendor that still sells them and bought 3 more around 6 months ago.

So, build a quality mod, I keep buying. Build a quality tank, I keep buying. That's why I have numerous Kanger Subtanks. They work. They don't leak.
Yeah but there in lies the problem. You say Sigelei is great and I agree that the mods you cited are pretty bullet proof. However, look at Sig now. They make nothing but garbage. Look at P4u. They fucked everyone with the Ipv4. The Ipv5 is as solid as a rock. My point is every one of these companies has a few flops. The good ones own it and do the right thing. Unfortunately, they are far and few in between. I guess these companies are as good as their last tank or mod. Smfh!

Mark1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah but there in lies the problem. You say Sigelei is great and I agree that the mods you cited are pretty bullet proof. However, look at Sig now. They make nothing but garbage. Look at P4u. They fucked everyone with the Ipv4. The Ipv5 is as solid as a rock. My point is every one of these companies has a few flops. The good ones own it and do the right thing. Unfortunately, they are far and few in between. I guess these companies are as good as their last tank or mod. Smfh!

I didn't say Sigelei is great. I said those mods I own are. I seriously haven't paid attention to what their subsequent mods have done.

That IPV4 worked great for a long time. What mine did was strange. One night I was vaping with it and it got warm. I had two fresh batteries in it. After vaping about a half hour, my batteries were dead. Actually, one was dead. The other was fine. So, it was doing a super-drain on it. I tried it the next day. Two fresh batteries. Same thing. It's in the trash. That thing could've done some damage.

Your last statement is right on..... as good as their last mod/tank.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Read the whole sentence. I'm agreeing with you. When Sig came out with the mods you mentioned they were indeed a great mod company. Hell, I still use my Sig 75w TC on a daily basis. My point was and is that the vape market is constantly changing. Companies that put out great mods months ago are not necessarily the companies that will be putting out great mods months from now. Again, these companies are as good as their last mod or tank.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

They're up to IPV8 now I hear lol!

The modgaurd from Kidney Puncher does about the same thing. Here is an e-bay link for something similar with different sizes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172063925940?var=470916191001

My Merlin(s) all weep and the modguard will keep them going for a few days but the chamber around the airflow will eventually fill up and juice will weep out of the air flow holes instead of the base. Too bad as the Merlin has the best flavor for a single coil atty that I have tried.

Original Serpent is almost as good in the flavor department but has a really janky JFC. Serpent Mini 22/25 are good but too hot for my liking. Bachelor is also great but they are similar to the Merlin with a press fit base and will weep a bit but not as bad as a Merlin.

Haven't figured out how to get good flavor out of a KF5 but love the design.

The only dedicated single coil tank I REALLY like is a Subtank Plus with the V2 RBA head. Been using the same one daily for well over a year with ZERO issues.

I have been re-building for about 3 years starting with a Russian 91% and have always tried to stick with single coil tanks being a MTL vapor.

Until last week when I picked up a Supreme....best flavor I have ever had out of a tank. Think I will go for dual coil tanks now as all of the dedicated single coil tanks have some issue or issues.
KF5 flavour build I use is...
3x32g 316L twisted... 3.0mm ID... 7 wraps... .9-1.1 ohms... 20-23w or 400-450F in TC

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Big shout out to Augvape for doing the right thing and replacing my faulty seeping bases. That's customer service. Really appreciate it Augvape.
a055a3764656249b33f959b8a2dcefc1.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think you're one of the few lucky ones.
Not lucky just extremely persistent. Like I said, I basically berated them on the Merlin Mini reviews and their Fb page. Probably to the point where they figured let's just give this guy his 4 bases so he just shuts the fuck up already. Lol.

Lucy, I'm glad none of yours seep but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't have ones that seep. Maybe you got lucky. I don't know. Mine didn't seep for the first 3 months. Out of the 4 I use daily 3 have been rendered unusable because of the seeping. 1 of the 4 never seeped. Just glad to have my Merlin back in the rotation. Thanks again Augvape.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice. They wanted a video of it from me. That would've been painstaking to do since they seep slow. My Merlin is a door stop. I'll never buy from Augvape again.
Yeah, I never realized how much these companies pay attention to the the comments in YouTube reviews until I started ripping the Merlin. On Fb they can just delete your comment, not on YouTube. Lol.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I never realized how much these companies pay attention to the the comments in YouTube reviews until I started ripping the Merlin. On Fb they can just delete your comment, not on YouTube. Lol.

Yep, been ripping on the O-atty. It's a copy of the Narda with minimal differences, I mean it's basically a Clone with larger air flow. They then have the audacity to charge $150-$200 for a 304 SS clone of the Narda.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

KAS129

Member For 4 Years
Not lucky just extremely persistent. Like I said, I basically berated them on the Merlin Mini reviews and their Fb page. Probably to the point where they figured let's just give this guy his 4 bases so he just shuts the fuck up already. Lol.

Lucy, I'm glad none of yours seep but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't have ones that seep. Maybe you got lucky. I don't know. Mine didn't seep for the first 3 months. Out of the 4 I use daily 3 have been rendered unusable because of the seeping. 1 of the 4 never seeped. Just glad to have my Merlin back in the rotation. Thanks again Augvape.

Glad you got your bases and hope they solve the problems. They have never responded to my e-mails and their response to my inquiries on FB were to send me to this thread for advise. I also own 4 of these pieces of junk. At this point I have given up. Augvape will never see another dollar from me. This is a well known issue with this tank and they still react as if it must be user error. I even offered to buy replacement bases and got total and complete silence from both Augvape and the vendor.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, it's been a few days with the new bases and so far so good. Love having my Merlins back in the daily rotation. I actually gave Augvape another shot and ordered a Merlin Mini because they replaced the bases.

errevi

Member For 4 Years
I got high hopes for the Geekvape Ammit. Looks like an improved well thought out better version of the Merlin. Its also getting rave reviews. I got one on the way.

Me too, I'm done with Augvape, many emails to their 'warm and thoughtful customer service center' and not a single reply,
not even a copy and paste one.

I was in love with Merlin, look, taste, easy to build and tried everything to use it daily without issues;
it's in the drawer since one week now and I'm waiting the delivery of Ammit

VU Sponsors