Become a Patron!

The Merlin RTA by Augvape and Roxy

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I cleaned up one to be put away tonight, I still have one left in use that stays on the Pico, very little seepage.
hrtKRG6l.jpg

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got high hopes for the Geekvape Ammit. Looks like an improved well thought out better version of the Merlin. Its also getting rave reviews. I got one on the way.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

I'll try one out myself once it's in full release unless someone comes up with tank/mod diapers
for my bottom leaking Stainless and Black Merlins.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm starting to believe that the 510 surface connection/design on a mod plays
a part in the severity level of e-juice seepage.

My experience:

Aspire NX75 - Pretty bad. Leaks down the sides of the mod. :cuss2:
HCigar VT75 Nano - Not too bad, but still annoying. :gaah:
Eleaf Pico - Not too bad, but still annoying and gathers around the battery cover. :gaah:
Eleaf Aster - Not too bad, but still annoying. :gaah:
Tesla Touch 150w - Pretty bad. Leaks down the sides of the mod. :cuss2:

One of these arrived today

Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3: Virtually nothing or barely noticeable (Could actually be condensation). :eek:

_

Last edited:

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fb0503c83cfd317da17703c832e172de.jpg

No hype, this Merlin Mini RTA is really good. There's no seeping at all, not a single leak. The flavor is excellent and building on it is easy. I didn't use the dual deck but I can say that the single deck is excellent to work on and wicking is very forgiving. Augvape really did step it up with this RTA. It's a 2ml RTA so I doubt you'll ever use the dual deck unless you looking at filling it every 5 minutes love this RTA. It's a step up from its predecessor and IMO I rate it's the best single coil RTA. This RTA caters for everyone and is very versatile with its 3 airflow configurations. You can do MTL, DTL and restrictive lung hits but I didn't use any configs. The day I got it, I removed the airflow insert and it's been a damn good vape.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same here and I've also ordered the Ammit as well so I can see how the two compare to one another.
My bets at the moment is with the Merlin Mini but we'll have to wait and see :)
I got the Ammit on order as well. Mine is currently making its way down the Yangtze on its way to Brooklyn. Lol. Should have it in a couple of weeks. I got high hopes for that tank. Looks like it's everything the Original Merlin should have been. So far Geekvape has never disappointed me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the Ammit on order as well. Mine is currently making its way down the Yangtze on its way to Brooklyn. Lol. Should have it in a couple of weeks. I got high hopes for that tank. Looks like it's everything the Original Merlin should have been. So far Geekvape has never disappointed me.

Only issue I have seen so far from one of the reviewers is that that Ammit is a quite airy tank, but I think I will wait and draw my on conclusions about it when I get mine up and running, and besides I don't think it's wise believing everything that comes out of a reviewers mouth it's only their single opinion :)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Only issue I have seen so far from one of the reviewers is that that Ammit is a quite airy tank, but I think I will wait and draw my on conclusions about it when I get mine up and running, and besides I don't think it's wise believing everything that comes out of a reviewers mouth it's only their single opinion :)
Yeah, agreed I take what they say with a huge grain of salt.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack @Devilon Please keep us posted on the Ammit. I'm actually not a Geekvape fan so I don't really have any intention in trying it out but I see they have a different airflow style which may just be good. Let us know who the real winner is in the flavor department.
Will do. The only Geekvape tank I don't like is the Avocado 24. Not because it's a bad tank but because Genny tanks are just not my style. That being said it's one of the better Genny style tanks out there just not my kind of vape.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok guys, good news & some not so good. I ordered two Merlin Mini's from Vapordna. It's a good thing I got two cause what I forgot since I watched reviews on it a while ago is when using the single coil deck when assembled you should see two of your wicking on opposite sides. There are 4 juice flow slots visible when looking at the tank assembled. So 2 on opposite ends you should see your wicking material.

The first one I built you couldn't see the 2 wicks, just the 4 juice flow slots I got dry hits.
Then I assembled the 2nd one & since 2 of the 4 juice flow slots exposed my wick it was perfect.
Disassembled the first one & the only thing I could think is that the inner threads when manufacturing wasn't perfect. The only way to have two wicks showing is when screwing in the deck to the tank you don't finger tighten it but back off, not ideal since the tank is not finger tight to the deck. I'm sending one back to Vapordna they're great sent me a prepaid label & will send a new one out when tracking is activated.

Just a "FYI" for anyone that is ordering one. Since you won't have anything to compare it to.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the Ammit. I could not deal with 2ml tanks...
That was my thoughts as well but I read on Reddit that Augvape will put out an extension tube & tank for it at a later date. That (not confirmed to be true, but I'm hoping) & the fact that everyone who ordered the Merlin Mini here love it, made me go for it.

Do let us know your thoughts on the Ammit. I'm hesitant to get any RTA that is press fit.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok guys, good news & some not so good. I ordered two Merlin Mini's from Vapordna. It's a good thing I got two cause what I forgot since I watched reviews on it a while ago is when using the single coil deck when assembled you should see two of your wicking on opposite sides. There are 4 juice flow slots visible when looking at the tank assembled. So 2 on opposite ends you should see your wicking material.

The first one I built you couldn't see the 2 wicks, just the 4 juice flow slots I got dry hits.
Then I assembled the 2nd one & since 2 of the 4 juice flow slots exposed my wick it was perfect.
Disassembled the first one & the only thing I could think is that the inner threads when manufacturing wasn't perfect. The only way to have two wicks showing is when screwing in the deck to the tank you don't finger tighten it but back off, not ideal since the tank is not finger tight to the deck. I'm sending one back to Vapordna they're great sent me a prepaid label & will send a new one out when tracking is activated.

Just a "FYI" for anyone that is ordering one. Since you won't have anything to compare it to.

Such a shame. Augvape makes some really nice tanks but man they really need to get on top of their QC.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Such a shame. Augvape makes some really nice tanks but man they really need to get on top of their QC.
I know, on the outside I was admiring its shiny beauty. But theres problem with the threading between the deck & tank :mad: you couldn't tell by just looking at it.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, been ripping on the O-atty. It's a copy of the Narda with minimal differences, I mean it's basically a Clone with larger air flow. They then have the audacity to charge $150-$200 for a 304 SS clone of the Narda.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Lol i just got clones of narda and Clone s of atty 0, coppervape has an atty 0clone too
Not lucky just extremely persistent. Like I said, I basically berated them on the Merlin Mini reviews and their Fb page. Probably to the point where they figured let's just give this guy his 4 bases so he just shuts the fuck up already. Lol.

Lucy, I'm glad none of yours seep but that doesn't mean the rest of us don't have ones that seep. Maybe you got lucky. I don't know. Mine didn't seep for the first 3 months. Out of the 4 I use daily 3 have been rendered unusable because of the seeping. 1 of the 4 never seeped. Just glad to have my Merlin back in the rotation. Thanks again Augvape.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol i just got clones of narda and Clone s of atty 0, coppervape has an atty 0clone too

Yeah I was on a mission, went out intentionally looking for the O-atty clone just to give a finger to Odis collection.

Then APV has the audacity to do a 1:1 Clone of the Mose by MCV, brag about their so called innovation with the CLN RDA and sell it for $50, remind me never to buy anything from APV Labs, fuck them. If they're going to do a clone label it as such and have the guts to credit who actually came up with the design.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah I was on a mission, went out intentionally looking for the O-atty clone just to give a finger to Odis collection.

Then APV has the audacity to do a 1:1 Clone of the Mose by MCV, brag about their so called innovation with the CLN RDA and sell it for $50, remind me never to buy anything from APV Labs, fuck them. If they're going to do a clone label it as such and have the guts to credit who actually came up with the design.
FYI and off topic but gearbest has the iron maiden RDTA on sale for like 22 bucks

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First few are Atty 0 Clone ,3mm twist build 0.5ohm vapes well ,
6e3cf886207ad639201a293cb2196538.jpg
af392ba2b09690e71a4c1f37c53176f1.jpg
f1e61f3d66e967452f10f65ccf352968.jpg
275ea4fdea340cab39a8619da788fca4.jpg
4900c24c74d07ab534b5d2270e5af07c.jpg
3b3684db106b38c85537bbc55b462fa9.jpg
4e9ed0fa5dcd1d30d2b9ff87f22f4797.jpg

Last few are Cloned RDA ,BF of LE 86 Clone all on my Coppervapes bf mech mod ,
The Le 86, Clone is very nice Flavourful vape from , nichrome 2.5mm dual build bottom fed ,

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI and off topic but gearbest has the iron maiden RDTA on sale for like 22 bucks
Last order I got from Gearbest took well over a month to get it, I don't have that much patience ;)

That said I really am enjoying the Iron Maiden.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Le 86, Clone is very nice Flavourful vape from , nichrome 2.5mm dual build bottom fed ,

Nice.

I haven't put a build in it yet, but will soon. I also got the Hadaly and looking forward to putting a build in her, probably will today.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My GearBest aint been too bad , 11-14days from shipping ,
Ive an order on way from them ,these from efunTop ,

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last order I got from Gearbest took well over a month to get it, I don't have that much patience ;)

That said I really am enjoying the Iron Maiden.
The whole ceramic chamber,
an taking up deck space stopped my purchasing the Iron maiden ,

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The whole ceramic chamber,
an taking up deck space stopped my purchasing the Iron maiden ,

Still more than enough room to put a good build in, plus the ceramic chamber provides great flavor. You could also run it without the ceramic cap if you choose too.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Nice.........how's the o atty clone vape? I am really thinking of getting one. Does it live to the hype?

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice.........how's the o atty clone vape? I am really thinking of getting one. Does it live to the hype?
Atty O there is a few different Clones this one i dont know who by buy have Coppervapes version on way too , this vapes well , nice flavourful vape , airflow although looks small is very sufficient , im still working on the best build for it , this larger spaced twisted verion works well ,
LE 86 Clone with a dual build , Im liking this one a lot , 2.5mm id dual build nichrome , works well , nice amounts of adjustable airflow , very nice flavours and keeps up BF very well ,

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its nice takes a bit of playing to get the build right and the coil set up for best Airflow to get in an under around the coil This improve flavours yes i like tbe Atty O i have 2 from 2 different manufacturer but also have narda clone on way too similar thing , i like it ,

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm starting to believe that the 510 surface connection/design on a mod plays
a part in the severity level of e-juice seepage.

My experience:

Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3: Virtually nothing or barely noticeable (Could actually be condensation). :eek:

_

Spoke too soon!

No leaking onto the mod or my hands with the Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3, because
the e-juice seepage is pooling underneath the Merlin around the mod's 510 connection.
No mess, but still not good!. :cuss2:

Last edited:

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Ammit turned up yesterday and only been vaping it for one day but so far if it carries on like it has it's going to knock the crown off the Merlin.

Dead easy to coil up and wick, and the taste has now surpassed the Merlin, and most importantly no leaks at all.
I will give it a couple of weeks and see how it's doing after that but I can see myself buying a few more of these. :)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Ammit turned up yesterday and only been vaping it for one day but so far if it carries on like it has it's going to knock the crown off the Merlin.

Dead easy to coil up and wick, and the taste has now surpassed the Merlin, and most importantly no leaks at all.
I will give it a couple of weeks and see how it's doing after that but I can see myself buying a few more of these. :)

Sounds good @Devilon. I had a look at it a little while back and thought with the large air flow it probably wouldn't do well at lower power. Wondering what build(s) you have tried and how many watts you're generally running. Thanks for any advice you can pass on :cool:

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds good @Devilon. I had a look at it a little while back and thought with the large air flow it probably wouldn't do well at lower power. Wondering what build(s) you have tried and how many watts you're generally running. Thanks for any advice you can pass on :cool:

Merlin requires more power than the Ammit. NO leaking on the Ammit, but the vape is smoother/mellower
on the Merlin.

For those interested, Ammit dedicated thread located here:

http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/geekvape-geek-vape-ammit-rta-new-single-coil-tank.287587/

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Merlin requires more power than the Ammit. NO leaking on the Ammit, but the vape is smoother/mellower
on the Merlin.

For those interested, Ammit dedicated thread located here:

http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/geekvape-geek-vape-ammit-rta-new-single-coil-tank.287587/

Thanks for the feedback :). I've got a setup using 28 gauge Kanthal at around 1 ohm in the Merlin. It's giving me a very nice vape at around 15 watts. I've found I prefer it without the restrictor ... it's got more TH with the bigger air hole. Going to have to check out the Ammit thread. Sounds like it might be right up my alley!

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I went and stuck on a 1.5 ohm clapton coil on mine wrapped it around a 3mm rod.
The cotton I fluffed up quite well a stuck a small amount down the juice holes.
The vape I get off mine is very smooth and the flavour is very good.

From what I have been reading on the Ammit thread, some people have found the vape from this rta to be very coarse so perhaps this rta is better vaped without a sub ohm coil, well it has worked for me. :)

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No hype, this Merlin Mini RTA is really good. There's no seeping at all, not a single leak. The flavor is excellent and building on it is easy. I didn't use the dual deck but I can say that the single deck is excellent to work on and wicking is very forgiving. Augvape really did step it up with this RTA. It's a 2ml RTA so I doubt you'll ever use the dual deck unless you looking at filling it every 5 minutes love this RTA. It's a step up from its predecessor and IMO I rate it's the best single coil RTA. This RTA caters for everyone and is very versatile with its 3 airflow configurations. You can do MTL, DTL and restrictive lung hits but I didn't use any configs. The day I got it, I removed the airflow insert and it's been a damn good vape.

Just got the Merlin Mini yesterday. Coiled mine up and on 3rd tank. I did a single coil with a 2 strand twisted, 26 A1, on a 3mm shaft, 0.24. 36-40w on a curve setting. Wicking perfectly. Flavor is great. Wicked it big and fluffy. About halfway into the cup at most. Really nice flavor, but would expect nothing less. Not a single sign of a leak. I have the JFC wide open. Great Xmas morning vape!

Merlin Mini.JPG

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got the Merlin Mini yesterday. Coiled mine up and on 3rd tank. I did a single coil with a 2 strand twisted, 26 A1, on a 3mm shaft, 0.24. 36-40w on a curve setting. Wicking perfectly. Flavor is great. Wicked it big and fluffy. About halfway into the cup at most. Really nice flavor, but would expect nothing less. Not a single sign of a leak. I have the JFC wide open. Great Xmas morning vape!

View attachment 69853
That is a beautiful setup. I'm really digging that Minikin RAW edition

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That is a beautiful setup. I'm really digging that Minikin RAW edition
Yes! Minikin RAW...love it. The Curve setting is nice once you get it set up! Can't wait for the "patina" to start working it's way into the surface of this mod. May have to tone down the brightness of the Merlin Mini to match! LOL

VU Sponsors