VU Patreon
Ok....so v6

4% FW Yellow Cake
2% Caps Butter Cream
.25%Caps Cake Batter
1.5%Caps French Vanilla
2% TFA Whipped Cream
.25% Caps Golden Butter

I’m trying to KISS(keep it simple, stupid) and also think logically about recipe development. A company wants to make money. To do that, I’m assuming the less flavors the better. Also, TFA, FW and Caps are on the cheaper side of things. I’m sure the companies get the flavors in vats, but do they really have every damn flavor from every company lying around? I’m guessing no. They probably have accounts with two or three companies and only use their flavors....cause it’s easier and cost effective. We, as diyers, have the “luxury” to buy tiny bottles of every flavor house out there. So my v4 has WF buttercream frosting....an amazing flavor but definitely not in the original. Unfortunately it’s probably the “closest”so far, but I’m positive it’s not in the OG because the company wasn’t around during development.

Am I overthinking this?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up 15ml of @wildgypsy70 Nilla Cake v5 subbed FW Yellow Cake with JF Yellow Cake, TFA Vanilla Cupcake & added 3 drops of FA Butter. S&V this is much better than my previous version, going to let it steep overnight. Will report back tomorrow.
Excellent! My JF is on the way.....as is v7 along with it. :D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never vaped a tobacco flavor. I wonder if I'd like it. Does it taste like swishers?
I was hesitant for a long time to try any tobacco because I didn't want that nasty cigarette taste in my mouth ever again. I thought I was getting brave with RY4 double, but let's face it, that ain't tobacco. I got a taste of FA maxx blend in @Daintanee's Ralph's Peach Tobacco and fell in love! I still haven't tried many tobacco flavors, but I love FA's maxx blend and Cuban supreme, burley, and the Inawera vanilla for pipe. And ECX used to sell one in their Tobacco Express line called Yun Yan that is absolutely a favorite with me. Unfortunately they've stopped carrying that one but I did run across 120ml of it that I'd mixed up over two years ago that had gotten buried in the juice graveyard at the back of my desk. Best damn tobacco juice I've ever tasted, I ration myself on it because when that's gone, it's gone. :(

Best way I can describe tobacco juice is that it tastes like a freshly opened pack of cigarettes smells. That fresh, sweet aroma that smells so rich and good before you grab your lighter and create a stench.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok....so v6

4% FW Yellow Cake
2% Caps Butter Cream
.25%Caps Cake Batter
1.5%Caps French Vanilla
2% TFA Whipped Cream
.25% Caps Golden Butter

I’m trying to KISS(keep it simple, stupid) and also think logically about recipe development. A company wants to make money. To do that, I’m assuming the less flavors the better. Also, TFA, FW and Caps are on the cheaper side of things. I’m sure the companies get the flavors in vats, but do they really have every damn flavor from every company lying around? I’m guessing no. They probably have accounts with two or three companies and only use their flavors....cause it’s easier and cost effective. We, as diyers, have the “luxury” to buy tiny bottles of every flavor house out there. So my v4 has WF buttercream frosting....an amazing flavor but definitely not in the original. Unfortunately it’s probably the “closest”so far, but I’m positive it’s not in the OG because the company wasn’t around during development.

Am I overthinking this?

Not at all. You're being logical.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not at all. You're being logical.
Phew! I do tend to dive in neck deep when I do things.....and I tend to get a bit obsessed. I really want to get this as close as possible! In my opinion, the commercial ejuice industry is on its way out unless things drastically change. If there are commercial juices out there someone really loves, they better get into diy and figure it out!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok....so v6

4% FW Yellow Cake
2% Caps Butter Cream
.25%Caps Cake Batter
1.5%Caps French Vanilla
2% TFA Whipped Cream
.25% Caps Golden Butter

Am I overthinking this?
Nope, definitely logical ;)

Have you had the chance to try v6 yet?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nope, definitely logical ;)

Have you had the chance to try v6 yet?
Not yet. Mixed it up about an hour ago. Smells good!

So, I realized that maybe, just maybe.....I should have included Caps yellow cake in my calculations. And I also forgot to include shisha vanilla. So yet another version....v7....is on the way. In the spirit of KISS, it’s almost all Caps and a bit of INW shisha vanilla. The JF version will be v8! Obsessed much?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not yet. Mixed it up about an hour ago. Smells good!

So, I realized that maybe, just maybe.....I should have included Caps yellow cake in my calculations. And I also forgot to include shisha vanilla. So yet another version....v7....is on the way. In the spirit of KISS, it’s almost all Caps and a bit of INW shisha vanilla. The JF version will be v8! Obsessed much?
Oh my, I can’t keep up :D

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I was hesitant for a long time to try any tobacco because I didn't want that nasty cigarette taste in my mouth ever again. I thought I was getting brave with RY4 double, but let's face it, that ain't tobacco. I got a taste of FA maxx blend in @Daintanee's Ralph's Peach Tobacco and fell in love! I still haven't tried many tobacco flavors, but I love FA's maxx blend and Cuban supreme, burley, and the Inawera vanilla for pipe. And ECX used to sell one in their Tobacco Express line called Yun Yan that is absolutely a favorite with me. Unfortunately they've stopped carrying that one but I did run across 120ml of it that I'd mixed up over two years ago that had gotten buried in the juice graveyard at the back of my desk. Best damn tobacco juice I've ever tasted, I ration myself on it because when that's gone, it's gone. :(

Best way I can describe tobacco juice is that it tastes like a freshly opened pack of cigarettes smells. That fresh, sweet aroma that smells so rich and good before you grab your lighter and create a stench.
I was actually afraid of ANY tobacco type vapes for quite a while - didn't want to risk going back to cigarettes. After a while, I came up with this recipe. I think I adapted it and tweaked it from another recipe, but I honestly can't remember. It was my ADV for quite a while. So much so, that I would mix up 120ml of the base at a time.

RY4 Custard V4

8.00% RY4 Double (TPA)
3.00% Sweet Cream (CAP)
4.00% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)
2.00% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)

Flavor total: 17%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/ch0T

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was actually afraid of ANY tobacco type vapes for quite a while - didn't want to risk going back to cigarettes. After a while, I came up with this recipe. I think I adapted it and tweaked it from another recipe, but I honestly can't remember. It was my ADV for quite a while. So much so, that I would mix up 120ml of the base at a time.

RY4 Custard V4

8.00% RY4 Double (TPA)
3.00% Sweet Cream (CAP)

Nice. I’m just dipping my toes into tobaccos. And TFA RY4 is one of the ones I picked up. I’ve noticed it in a few recipes so I figured why not!

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nice. I’m just dipping my toes into tobaccos. And TFA RY4 is one of the ones I picked up. I’ve noticed it in a few recipes so I figured why not!
Try the one I posted. It's the 4th iteration, and I've pretty much finalized it where it is. Not too much tobacco, but still enough to give it a very well rounded (to me) vape.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Confession to make... I was out with some of the guys from work last week in New Orleans. I was coerced into smoking a cigar with them after dinner after a few drinks (actually quite a few drinks). It was not really enjoyable, but I took one for the team... Anyway, I mixed up @Smoky Blue's New World Cigar and it will be with me next week in a mech tube mod for my next trip to New Orleans. No more combustible tobacco and it will be sorta shaped like a cigar... Here's the link to her recipe: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1869242/Smoky Blue's New World Cigar

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Try the one I posted. It's the 4th iteration, and I've pretty much finalized it where it is. Not too much tobacco, but still enough to give it a very well rounded (to me) vape.
I’ll mix this up tomorrow. Steep time?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

RY4 Custard V4

8.00% RY4 Double (TPA)
3.00% Sweet Cream (CAP)

I'll give this one a shot. I may cut it in half as 17% is a lot of flavoring to me, but only after trying the original %... It's all in the name of science ya know... :giggle:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Confession to make... I was out with some of the guys from work last week in New Orleans. I was coerced into smoking a cigar with them after dinner after a few drinks (actually quite a few drinks). It was not really enjoyable, but I took one for the team... Anyway, I mixed up @Smoky Blue's New World Cigar and it will be with me next week in a mech tube mod for my next trip to New Orleans. No more combustible tobacco and it will be sorta shaped like a cigar... Here's the link to her recipe: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1869242/Smoky Blue's New World Cigar

I remember that cigar, @gopher_byrd :p
It is good.. think I am going to do a black and mild and a cohiba too.. it's on the list!

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Did some mixing last night.

For me:
A lot of testers
@Matty Vapes peanut butter cookie, finally got Cap sugar cookie, now I can be like the cool kids.
Dragon Ain't Jack Sh*t(WIP) seeing how dragonfruit and jackfruit play together
Spa Day(WIP) Not sure what I want from this one other than a refreshing fruit beverage that uses FA Fuji.
Sahlab(WIP) If you have had this drink/dessert before, you know why I want it to vape.

For Friends & Family:
Placeholder
INW Dragonfruit at 1.5%
Crunchy Berry Cupcake
Blueberry, yep that's all
Uncle Mike's Tobacco
Raspberry cream
@Mykreign Slap Yo' Momma BCP(I mixed four 60ml's of this yesterday)
@Teresa P Toast n Jelly

Pretty busy yesterday, good news; Amazon should be here with my gallon of VG and quart of PG today.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think I have a problem tasting coconut in juice. Anyone else? I tried a recipe of my own some time ago for coconut cake, and even though I added coconut to it several different times, I just cannot taste it like it seems I should be able to.

Mixing an initial run of this Italian Creme Cake with 2% TFA Coconut Extra, I get barely a hint of coconut. Don't want it overpowering, but shouldn't 2% be enough to taste pretty distinctly?

Think I'm going to add 1% Coconut Candy and another 0.5% Marshmallow and see what that does.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I have a problem tasting coconut in juice. Anyone else? I tried a recipe of my own some time ago for coconut cake, and even though I added coconut to it several different times, I just cannot taste it like it seems I should be able to.

Mixing an initial run of this Italian Creme Cake with 2% TFA Coconut Extra, I get barely a hint of coconut. Don't want it overpowering, but shouldn't 2% be enough to taste pretty distinctly?

Think I'm going to add 1% Coconut Candy and another 0.5% Marshmallow and see what that does.
I usually use FA Coconut & I can taste it. It’s been a long time since I’ve used TFA Coconut Extra so I’m no help.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I usually use FA Coconut & I can taste it. It’s been a long time since I’ve used TFA Coconut Extra so I’m no help.

If I continue to have a problem, I'll order some FA. Thanks.

I added the Coconut Extra, Marshmallow, and another .75% of Pecan and a strange thing happened. The juice got very smooth all of a sudden. I think it's time for me to leave it alone to steep now. The vanilla flavors in it need to come out, but I think that will happen after a week or so. I'm going to step back and see what happens next.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I continue to have a problem, I'll order some FA. Thanks.

I added the Coconut Extra, Marshmallow, and another .75% of Pecan and a strange thing happened. The juice got very smooth all of a sudden. I think it's time for me to leave it alone to steep now. The vanilla flavors in it need to come out, but I think that will happen after a week or so. I'm going step back and see what happens next.
That’s great! Perhaps the Marshmallow helped smooth it out?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That’s great! Perhaps the Marshmallow helped smooth it out?

Could be. I think it wasn't quite sweet enough, a little lingering bitterness there, so perhaps. I just hope that I don't have way too much flavoring in it now. I knew it was going to need a lot, because unless it's heavy and rich, it won't be anything like the cake. Needs almost a coconut-milk level of richness.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

You could branch out and try flv coconut.. you only need a few drops.. no more than .21%

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@
For those inawera custard and Creme brûlée lovers, I’m vaping a recipe I made 6 days ago by tootall on alltheflavours that you may enjoy. It’s fairly simple, called 3-2-1 Creme brûlée. It’s 3% inawera custard, % inawera Creme brûlée and 1% inawera vanilla shisha. It’s subtle but very tasty.
6 days have passed & this is delish! Thanks @jr779 !
:bliss::bliss::bliss:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
That sounds like a great idea! For me the cost is prohibitive unless someone highly recommends a certain FLV flavor.

Problem is.. it's all I use and I won't go back to standards.
It's actually cheaper than fw, when you look at how much one uses in a recipe..
and I do take a lot of heat for "well Smoky, if you only branched out" no... Im happy with flv and my other ultra companies..
Yes it takes $ to get it all stocked up.. I wont tell any lies.. but I know what works for me.. and after 5 yrs of doing this.. instead of ordering from 5 other vendors.. I do save $.. in fact I amazed myself making a fried petzel and only using flv flavors.. will be adding it to my site under the shots next weekend. :)

I think it's funny too, after the years I have posted non flv recipes to be told I need to branch out lol.. one big search here can tell,, I do have proof I have mixed with the standards years ago.. :p

mmm I need to mix.. I want a fruity but dont.. :D

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixed up 15ml of @wildgypsy70 Nilla Cake v5 subbed FW Yellow Cake with JF Yellow Cake, TFA Vanilla Cupcake & added 3 drops of FA Butter. S&V this is much better than my previous version, going to let it steep overnight. Will report back tomorrow.
Update: this is much better than my previous version W/CAP Vanilla Cupcake & CAP Golden Butter. It’s promising, going to let it steep for a few days more.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Maybe @wllmc can see about that.. I honestly hate rebottling. I don't work for bcv nor do they carry any flavor packs from me.
we repackage a bunch of the heavy hitters in 10,30s and 4oz sizes. Personally I do like quite a few of the FLV flavors, I think most people still mix with them way to high. One of my favorites is the watermelon... yum

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
we repackage a bunch of the heavy hitters in 10,30s and 4oz sizes. Personally I do like quite a few of the FLV flavors, I think most people still mix with them way to high. One of my favorites is the watermelon... yum

Yeah that overuse drives me damn nuts @wllmc but I can't pick a fav, I like them all a bit too much. :p *laughs :bliss:

VU Sponsors