Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Bubble gum also is freakin amazin

sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.

blueberry(.4%), dragon fruit(.2%) red raspberry(.2%)and alpine(.07%) with bubble gum, cotton candy and marshmallow, all at .2% (50 drops per ml on elr) had to adjust...

Best cotton candy from the state fair ;)

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uncle Mike's Tobacco

Link to recipe? I like tobaccos, and I have an Uncle Mike in the family ;)

Yeah that overuse drives me damn nuts @wllmc but I can't pick a fav, I like them all a bit too much. :p *laughs :bliss:
3% Brie Cheese too much? Yeah, way too much. By about 2.75% hahaha

Tasted good through the first half-tank shake-n-vape anyways. Then wooooooo wee! No thank ya, ma'am.

Still contend that Brie is one of the more amazing "touch" flavors I've ever come across though.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If I'm mixing now at 10-12-15% and could change to mixing at 1-1.2-1.5-2%, of course it would save money - but how precise can we be with mixing in small quantities? Keep in mind, I'm relatively new at this, and I'm still counting drops for smaller amounts of flavors, under 1ml for example, and I always mix a 10-11ml tester. If I'm using 0.6% of a TFA flavor in a 10ml tester, which to me is just a couple of drops, how could I accurately measure a small enough quantity of the replacement Flavorah flavoring? Kinda sounds to me like I'd have to mix 30ml testers to keep the flavor profiles right.

More precisely, if Flavorah is 10 times the strength of TFA, I'd have to mix 100ml testers to get the precision I have with a more diluted flavor. Is my math right? Because it is conceivable to need just one drop in 10ml of, say, a sweetener or (gag) coffee.

ETA: Not that I don't like coffee, just had a baaaad mixing experience with it. If something called Brazilian Coffee ever shows up at your home, BEWARE! EVIL COFFEE! :eek::blech::eek:

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Tasted good through the first half-tank shake-n-vape anyways. Then wooooooo wee! No thank ya, ma'am.

Still contend that Brie is one of the more amazing "touch" flavors I've ever come across though.

I use brie at .12% or 3 drops per 30ml. ;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
If I'm mixing now at 10-12-15% and could change to mixing at 1-1.2-1.5-2%, of course it would save money - but how precise can we be with mixing in small quantities?.

I use a scale, so I can get really precise. My scale works for .001g precision. I know I mix with one flavor manufacturer, and using the old bottles, 1 drop =.02g or .02ml from there I can scale up or down in size creations. I hate using online calculators as I have not fond one that can make 100.00% recipes, so if you go by mine, make sure to pay attention to not just grams but drops. Also realize how many drops per ml on each manufacture matters too.

Keep in mind, I'm relatively new at this, and I'm still counting drops for smaller amounts of flavors, under 1ml for example, and I always mix a 10-11ml tester. If I'm using 0.6% of a TFA flavor in a 10ml tester, which to me is just a couple of drops, how could I accurately measure a small enough quantity of the replacement Flavorah flavoring? Kinda sounds to me like I'd have to mix 30ml testers to keep the flavor profiles right.

sometimes I do mix by 60mls or even 120ml as some flv flavors only need a couple drops in 60 or even 120ml... it's not as easy as mixing with standards where you have errors of marginal use, one drop can literally change your recipe by going over. Have a read on my website, if you'd like.. link is in profile.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Link to recipe? I like tobaccos, and I have an Uncle Mike in the family ;)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/uncle-mikes-tobacco.346259/

There ya are, hope it's to your liking.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good caramel tobacco recipe using FA Desert Ship as a base? My sister wants juice, and I tried, but she says all she can taste is lemon. It was FA Desert Ship, TFA Brown Sugar, TFA Dulce de Leche, and FA Vienna Cream. Where in the world did lemon come from? (Juice itself tasted great to me, but I wasn't about to vape that stuff. It had 20mg nic in it, plus I'd never get that tobacco taste out of my coils.)

Last edited:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good caramel tobacco recipe using FA Desert Ship as a base? My sister wants juice, and I tried, but she says all she can taste is lemon. It was FA Desert Ship, TFA Brown Sugar, TFA Dulce de Leche, and FA Vienna Cream. Where in the world did lemon come from? (Juice itself tasted great to me, but I wasn't about to vape that stuff. It had 20mg nic in it, plus I'd never get that tobacco taste out of my coils.)
I'd have to nod in the direction of an RY4. I, personally, don't dig RY, so I can't help you much further than that.

@burley if you really like tobaccos.. try this one too..

Smoky Blue's Winstin

Looks good - real good, except I don't have the Lime. Maybe on my next re-order!

triple edit: woo, 777 posts! lucky lucky, ima go buy me a lottery ticket

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'd have to nod in the direction of an RY4. I, personally, don't dig RY, so I can't help you much further than that.

Looks good - real good, except I don't have the Lime. Maybe on my next re-order!

Yes, RY4 was what I was aiming for. Don't know how she's tasting lemon. Was hoping someone would know based on the flavors I used. I've used all of them in other recipes except the Desert Ship, and haven't tasted any lemon in any of them.

Maybe a site search will present me with a good RY4. Should have done that before I asked. Duh. :facepalm:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know how she's tasting lemon
Yeah, I haven't the foggiest, but I remember getting my Dad to blind-test a juice once - some sort of coconut cake kind, cause he's all about the coconut - and he swore there was melon in it.

I'm going... uhh, Pops, that's... that's a long ways away from anything I put in there. You sure you taste that?

He still chides me over the gross melon juice I made him try, but I swear it had nothing in there except baked goods and coconut. So. shrug I dunno, just gotta chalk it up to personal tastes and preferences etc.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I haven't the foggiest, but I remember getting my Dad to blind-test a juice once - some sort of coconut cake kind, cause he's all about the coconut - and he swore there was melon in it.

I'm going... uhh, Pops, that's... that's a long ways away from anything I put in there. You sure you taste that?

He still chides me over the gross melon juice I made him try, but I swear it had nothing in there except baked goods and coconut. So. shrug I dunno, just gotta chalk it up to personal tastes and preferences etc.

Gives a whole new meaning to the saying "there's no accounting for taste," eh? :giggle:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe the FA? The Italians have a thing for lemon....I personally don’t taste lemon in FA Vienna, but.......it’s the only one that makes any logical sense.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I'm mixing now at 10-12-15% and could change to mixing at 1-1.2-1.5-2%, of course it would save money - but how precise can we be with mixing in small quantities? Keep in mind, I'm relatively new at this, and I'm still counting drops for smaller amounts of flavors, under 1ml for example, and I always mix a 10-11ml tester. If I'm using 0.6% of a TFA flavor in a 10ml tester, which to me is just a couple of drops, how could I accurately measure a small enough quantity of the replacement Flavorah flavoring? Kinda sounds to me like I'd have to mix 30ml testers to keep the flavor profiles right.

More precisely, if Flavorah is 10 times the strength of TFA, I'd have to mix 100ml testers to get the precision I have with a more diluted flavor. Is my math right? Because it is conceivable to need just one drop in 10ml of, say, a sweetener or (gag) coffee.

ETA: Not that I don't like coffee, just had a baaaad mixing experience with it. If something called Brazilian Coffee ever shows up at your home, BEWARE! EVIL COFFEE! :eek::blech::eek:
The WF Brazilian? I love that stuff! Lol!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Sitting here looking a pretty little cluster of 13 10ml tester bottles on my desk. Going 30? Woof, thas a lotta wasted juice for ol' Burl. Considering I do weird things like the aforementioned 3% Brie Cheese recipe...

if it is just vg.. that is cheap.. I never add nic to my testers.. but once i have things where i want, then i add nic and adjust it even more.

Yes, RY4 was what I was aiming for. Don't know how she's tasting lemon. Was hoping someone would know based on the flavors I used. I've used all of them in other recipes except the Desert Ship, and haven't tasted any lemon in any of them.

Maybe a site search will present me with a good RY4. Should have done that before I asked. Duh. :facepalm:

Post up your recipe and maybe someone can figure out the lemon aspect ;)

I get suntan lotion from fa coconut.. so dunno.. :p

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Sneaky Lemon RY4

Brown Sugar (TPA) 0.8%
Desert Ship (FA) 3.5%
Dulce de Leche (TPA) 0.65%
Reindeer Poop FW in 50/50 1% (8% RP in 50/50)
Vienna Cream (FA) 1.5%

This had steeped about 3 weeks when I gave it to my sister.

Dessert Ship stands out to me as being high.. try dropping it to around .8% - 1.2%
it could be coming from the combo of rp and vc...

On thinking of this.. looks like you are aiming for a dessert chocolate tobacco..
try out some graham cracker and very light white chocolate.. leave out the rp.. fw has sugars and all sorts, i avoid it like the plague..

I do recommend you to try your flavors out as solos first and keep a lot of notes. Start super low and work them up higher and higher..

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Dessert Ship stands out to me as being high.. try dropping it to around .8% - 1.2%
it could be coming from the combo of rp and vc...

On thinking of this.. looks like you are aiming for a dessert chocolate tobacco..
try out some graham cracker and very light white chocolate.. leave out the rp.. fw has sugars and all sorts, i avoid it like the plague..

I do recommend you to try your flavors out as solos first and keep a lot of notes. Start super low and work them up higher and higher..

The only reason the RP is in there is because of the AP that's in it. I mixed a tester of 8% RP in 50/50 base, with nic, and tried to vape it. Made my lips numb on the second draw. So I'm using that tester as an add-on to bakery stuff, and it adds a nice finish, but I can't taste chocolate or cinnamon at all. But just to be clear, it's 1% of an 8% mix, a teeny tiny speck of actual flavoring, and what I was looking for from it was that finish, that little bit of yeastiness.

I did start with DS at about 2% and when I tasted the mixed juice, the tobacco note was all but invisible. That's why it's high like that. I had read a bunch of people's mixing notes beforehand, but after I tasted the mix, I upped DS until I could taste and smell it. By no means was it really strong.

This juice was for my sister, who won't use anything but tobacco and not-too-sweet caramel tobacco. Maybe that's the problem - it's just too sweet for her, and she's interpreting that as lemon instead of just sweet.

I'll probably try again without the Vienna Cream, and I'll take the DS down to about 2.5%, leave out the RP, and see if she likes that. Meh. It's hard to mix juice you don't even like, at least for me.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See to me, FA Coconut is the tops. It, combined with a bit of TFA Coconut Candy (I think it's called, don't have the bottle handy) and just a smidge of FA Cardamom ... mmm mmm good. LiquidBarn Has a Coconut Milk flavor that fits in there nicely as well.

Now. I've been dying to try FVH's Coconut. As a fan of the nut, it intrigues me - I've been told it's poop, I've been told it's magic in a bottle, so I know it'll be somewhere inbetween, realistically. But I'm assuming that it'll be a different kind of profile, much in the same way that FVH Peanut Butter is miles away from the Reese's Candy-style PB that TFA gives. Much more realistically accurate, different level of accuracy that just tastes exactly what I want in a nutty kind of juice, not the candy-style.

And that assumption gives me a Coconut ...uhh ... excitement ... erm ... it makes me excited to try it one day.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only reason the RP is in there is because of the AP that's in it. I mixed a tester of 8% RP in 50/50 base, with nic, and tried to vape it. Made my lips numb on the second draw. So I'm using that tester as an add-on to bakery stuff, and it adds a nice finish, but I can't taste chocolate or cinnamon at all. But just to be clear, it's 1% of an 8% mix, a teeny tiny speck of actual flavoring, and what I was looking for from it was that finish, that little bit of yeastiness.

I did start with DS at about 2% and when I tasted the mixed juice, the tobacco note was all but invisible. That's why it's high like that. I had read a bunch of people's mixing notes beforehand, but after I tasted the mix, I upped DS until I could taste and smell it. By no means was it really strong.

This juice was for my sister, who won't use anything but tobacco and not-too-sweet caramel tobacco. Maybe that's the problem - it's just too sweet for her, and she's interpreting that as lemon instead of just sweet.

I'll probably try again without the Vienna Cream, and I'll take the DS down to about 2.5%, leave out the RP, and see if she likes that. Meh. It's hard to mix juice you don't even like, at least for me.
Now, after refining it, you'll be tempted to refine it further.

And again.

Until it's just 2% DS by itself and she goes "THERE, that's the one! Awesome."

Or not, I dunno, things work out like that for me sometimes.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
See to me, FA Coconut is the tops. It, combined with a bit of TFA Coconut Candy (I think it's called, don't have the bottle handy) and just a smidge of FA Cardamom ... mmm mmm good. LiquidBarn Has a Coconut Milk flavor that fits in there nicely as well.

Now. I've been dying to try FVH's Coconut. As a fan of the nut, it intrigues me - I've been told it's poop, I've been told it's magic in a bottle, so I know it'll be somewhere inbetween, realistically. But I'm assuming that it'll be a different kind of profile, much in the same way that FVH Peanut Butter is miles away from the Reese's Candy-style PB that TFA gives. Much more realistically accurate, different level of accuracy that just tastes exactly what I want in a nutty kind of juice, not the candy-style.

And that assumption gives me a Coconut ...uhh ... excitement ... erm ... it makes me excited to try it one day.

You've reminded me. I don't like the peanut butter that came from DIYFS - it's obviously a natural peanut butter and has that oily aftertaste - so I did the exact opposite of what you'd have done. I ordered the TFA Peanut Butter. Wanted to mix Matty Vapes' PBC again with the TFA.

And you better watch that Coconut Excitement if yer out in public places. You'll make Mamas cover their daughters' eyes. :eek:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Y'all ever wonder what brand new vapers think when they peek in here and see things like "Matty Vapes' PBC again with the TFA?" I've been here a little while, been vaping for quite a few years, but sometimes I read stuff and go o_O

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

It is very hard, I agree..
gc has ap in it too.. the rp has a total of .8% in your juice( 1% of 8%).. and knowing how flavors are, even that tee tiny amount, can influence something. all it takes is one drop to change a juice and it will no longer be the same, no matter who made it. Sounds like you yourself have an issue vaping it too, good you will take it out.. wish ya good luck and hope she will like it.. there are a bunch of options out there :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Y'all ever wonder what brand new vapers think when they peek in here and see things like "Matty Vapes' PBC again with the TFA?" I've been here a little while, been vaping for quite a few years, but sometimes I read stuff and go o_O

lol yeps.. I do, Goph.. hard to respond a lot when I have a ton to finish up here.. so I shorthand everything! and try not to.. :)

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going to be doing some mixing later, but just wanted to share this now...my basket idea from dollar general to hold my Flavors wasn’t really working out, so, I went out and got a 2x6x8 and cut it down and used a 7/8 Auger Bit in a Drill Press and made the depth so that the bit wouldn’t go through the bottom of the board and after some measuring and tapping in some pilot holes I ended up with this:
a780be796afa61bb8edbd975a6a6a136.jpg
1376b5c83d4c400789c1294ccccaf30f.jpg

It fits TFA, FA, Lorann, SC, INW, WF, FW, Hangsen, and Flavorah bottles with ease...not so much for CAP or anything bigger than the smallest bottle you can purchase...but for a cheap and easy system, it can’t be beat. I got my Fruit flavors on the left in alphabetical order, then my Cream/Dairy Flavors in alphabetical order, followed by my cereal flavors in alphabetical order and on the right, my flavor enhancers like Mint and Koolada and Sweetener, etc.
3fd1c3c420aa3dd2ea44db86fd0c5ea5.jpg
0b9b3f973d483c9dc581b01d25586877.jpg

Only did a light sanding on it and tried it out. Soon, I’ll take the bottles back out and rub some stain or something on it to give it a better look and more character.

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going to be doing some mixing later, but just wanted to share this now...my basket idea from dollar general to hold my Flavors wasn’t really working out, so, I went out and got a 2x6x8 and cut it down and used a 7/8 Auger Bit in a Drill Press and made the depth so that the bit wouldn’t go through the bottom of the board and after some measuring and tapping in some pilot holes I ended up with this:

It fits TFA, FA, Lorann, SC, INW, WF, FW, Hangsen, and Flavorah bottles with ease...not so much for CAP or anything bigger than the smallest bottle you can purchase...but for a cheap and easy system, it can’t be beat. I got my Fruit flavors on the left in alphabetical order, then my Cream/Dairy Flavors in alphabetical order, followed by my cereal flavors in alphabetical order and on the right, my flavor enhancers like Mint and Koolada and Sweetener, etc.

Only did a light sanding on it and tried it out. Soon, I’ll take the bottles back out and rub some stain or something on it to give it a better look and more character.

That's downright badass.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

For the past few weeks I've been enjoying 1.2% FLV Sweet Coconut mixed with either FA or INW (reformulated) Coconut @1 . Better after ageing for 3-4 days.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

That looks great!!!! I love homemade stuff.....makes me wish I was a little more adept with power tools.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Nice! Great idea!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

triple edit: woo, 777 posts! lucky lucky, ima go buy me a lottery ticket
@burley Try Smoky's Winstin without the lime. To my taste buds FLV citrus flavors run really strong and overpower instead of Smoky's purpose of popping the tobacco. Even with just a drop, but that's me and my t-buds. YMMV

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sitting here looking a pretty little cluster of 13 10ml tester bottles on my desk. Going 30? Woof, thas a lotta wasted juice for ol' Burl. Considering I do weird things like the aforementioned 3% Brie Cheese recipe...
30 is a commitment! I’ve got 12/10 ml on my desk right now.....

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I love the fact that you have stuff in alphabetical order. My stuff is by company and that’s it.....

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess @ScReWbALL and I can start the OCD Vapers Club, all that alphabetizing...and seven mods, all in a row, by height. Sigh.

697c8022046e9e3649e53b0d7d045428.jpg

Except with the last pic I took of my mods a year or two back I put them in chronological order of when I purchased them rather than by height
39315be3c677e1aafa33751888dae40e.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors