“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Almost out of Nilla Cake by Elysian Labs, but can't really justify buying more when I have a CRAPLOAD of flavors, gallons of VG and PG, and enough 100mg nic to last me until about 2035.

So I came up with this. Hopefully it won't be too strong at 18%. Gonna try it as a S&V, then let it steep for a week and try it, then another week of steeping to see how it comes out.

Nilla Bomb Beta v1.0

1.00% Bourbon (Vanilla Bourbon) (FA)
2.00% French Vanilla (CAP)
1.00% Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)
2.00% Simply Vanilla (CAP)
1.00% Sugar Cookie (CAP)
2.00% Vanilla Cupcake (CAP)
2.00% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)
2.00% Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA)
2.00% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
1.00% Vanilla Tahity (FA)
2.00% Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP)

Flavor total: 18%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/m0QA
Woooooow, that a whole lot of vanilla! I love me some vanilla! Yet, another recipe to join the list.....

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Almost out of Nilla Cake by Elysian Labs, but can't really justify buying more when I have a CRAPLOAD of flavors, gallons of VG and PG, and enough 100mg nic to last me until about 2035.

So I came up with this. Hopefully it won't be too strong at 18%. Gonna try it as a S&V, then let it steep for a week and try it, then another week of steeping to see how it comes out.

Nilla Bomb Beta v1.0

1.00% Bourbon (Vanilla Bourbon) (FA)
2.00% French Vanilla (CAP)
1.00% Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)
2.00% Simply Vanilla (CAP)
1.00% Sugar Cookie (CAP)
2.00% Vanilla Cupcake (CAP)
2.00% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)
2.00% Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA)
2.00% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
1.00% Vanilla Tahity (FA)
2.00% Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP)

Flavor total: 18%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/m0QA
So I tried it as a S&V - not too bad, but it definitely needs one of two things (maybe both): a good steeping, like 4 weeks, and/or a smaller percentage of flavor. Maybe 15%? Also, I think it might benefit from a bit of EM. Gonna try steeping as-is for now, and see how it turns out.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have absolutely no idea where this idea came from or why I decided to mix it after thinking it up, but I just pulled out all of my “cream-type” flavors (except for Creme de Menthe) and pulled up their Median usage from ELR and just decided to mix it up...ended up with this:
4308d31ef29a130112cd1ddda218bf1a.jpg

The damn pollen here has my allergies going nuts, so, no point in trying to try to do a taste test, but I’ll let this little guy sit off to the side and steep and wait for my ability to breathe through my nose to return and try it out.
Oh, and thanks for the advice on ways of transferring your VG/PG in large quantities...I took the advice and they came in today, though I haven’t had a chance to make any nifty/fancy labels for them yet
0758a43af2a5bc6ba2f792e999ef6c0b.jpg

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Some sleepy mixing today:

Pineapple cream cookies(WIP)
Strawberry Milkshake(WIP) not sure, but I think I forgot the nic
red Dragon Custard
@Teresa P toast n jelly

Also bought some condiment bottles from amazon for my VG and PG so I can be like the cool kids, or at least make it easier to move from a liter or gallon bottle.

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have absolutely no idea where this idea came from or why I decided to mix it after thinking it up, but I just pulled out all of my “cream-type” flavors (except for Creme de Menthe) and pulled up their Median usage from ELR and just decided to mix it up...ended up with this:
4308d31ef29a130112cd1ddda218bf1a.jpg

The damn pollen here has my allergies going nuts, so, no point in trying to try to do a taste test, but I’ll let this little guy sit off to the side and steep and wait for my ability to breathe through my nose to return and try it out.
Oh, and thanks for the advice on ways of transferring your VG/PG in large quantities...I took the advice and they came in today, though I haven’t had a chance to make any nifty/fancy labels for them yet
0758a43af2a5bc6ba2f792e999ef6c0b.jpg

If you have allergies you need this stuff>>>>>>
ca721a38d9647ea45dc2145ea1524229.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the more I vape this the more it seems like this is a very neutral or background kind of recipe that needs a star player to bring it all together. Thinking I might mix up a few bottles of this to use as a base and try different dominant flavors. A brown sugar or danish cinnamon roll juice could work, or maybe a banana variation...we’ll see!

Banana works well , the Loran banana cream , done that myself , but i mixed up the lucky charms recipe and the crunch berry cereal recipe seperatly
Mixed 50/50 then added banana cream ,

Does give a nice banana cereal mix.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
CrazyChef's Pistachio Custard Cheesecake

1.00% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
1.00% Graham Cracker v1 (CAP)
4.00% New York Cheesecake (CAP)
2.00% Pistachio (TPA)
3.00% Simply Vanilla (CAP)
1.00% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (FW)
4.00% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

Flavor total: 16%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/2YLk
So I'm not sure yet if this could be an ADV, but I've been vaping it all morning with my coffee and they go really well together.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping my RF Sugar Cub standalone (my 2nd big batch of this) and Cavity Check (Fruity Pebbles, Cake Batter and Sugar Cookie) that I found on ELR. The Cavity Check is really tasty as written but I am already planning to mix it again with slightly higher percents of each.

Waiting on the mail man to bring my 2 new Recurve's to build so I can bring out RF Butterfinger Type standalone and my RF adaptation of TOC's Cookie Lover from the steeping cabinet. Oh, just remembered I got 60 or 70 ml of TOC's Cannoli I didn't finish vaping recently when I took the Pulse 24 out of rotation. I will probably vape that before I do the Cookie Lover.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Vaping my RF Sugar Cub standalone (my 2nd big batch of this) and Cavity Check (Fruity Pebbles, Cake Batter and Sugar Cookie) that I found on ELR. The Cavity Check is really tasty as written but I am already planning to mix it again with slightly higher percents of each.

Waiting on the mail man to bring my 2 new Recurve's to build so I can bring out RF Butterfinger Type standalone and my RF adaptation of TOC's Cookie Lover from the steeping cabinet. Oh, just remembered I got 60 or 70 ml of TOC's Cannoli I didn't finish vaping recently when I took the Pulse 24 out of rotation. I will probably vape that before I do the Cookie Lover.

Cavity Check I have a Diabetic Destruction, also with sugar cookie - I also put a little Sugar Cookie in this fruity pebble mix this morning, neat coincidence, and Angel Cake WF instead of Cake Batter though

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have allergies you need this stuff>>>>>>
ca721a38d9647ea45dc2145ea1524229.jpg

I started getting allergies last year. It's a new development and sucks ass. I just got some spray proscribed to me a couple of days ago. It's probably the same as what you posted. It helps but I was expecting more relief. I got a constant headache in my forehead.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started getting allergies last year. It's a new development and sucks ass. I just got some spray proscribed to me a couple of days ago. It's probably the same as what you posted. It helps but I was expecting more relief. I got a constant headache in my forehead.
I have dealt with allergies (and asthma) since I was a child. I quit getting the shots when I was a teen and just dealt with them using various Rx and nasal sprays. I have been taking Loratadine tablets for decades and gave them up this winter after I switched to a zero carb carnivore diet christmas eve. Spring is a little late here this year but so far I haven't had to start taking my pills again and my kleenex use is down exponentially even compared to the first half of this winter when I was still on a keto diet. The real test will be in another month or so after everything has started to fully bloom but I am hopeful that I am done with allergy meds completely.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have dealt with allergies (and asthma) since I was a child. I quit getting the shots when I was a teen and just dealt with them using various Rx and nasal sprays. I have been taking Loratadine tablets for decades and gave them up this winter after I switched to a zero carb carnivore diet christmas eve. Spring is a little late here this year but so far I haven't had to start taking my pills again and my kleenex use is down exponentially even compared to the first half of this winter when I was still on a keto diet. The real test will be in another month or so after everything has started to fully bloom but I am hopeful that I am done with allergy meds completely.

I switched over to the Loratadine tablets last year, as Benadryl was pretty much pointless considering the mass quantities of diphenhydramine I was already pumping into my body in the form of generic Unisom gelcaps, and they are the same active ingredient...it’s just 50mg in the sleeping pill and 25mg in the allergy pill...all made by Pfizer and sold as different things because one is pink and one is blue...it’s kinda funny if you go down the pharmacy aisle and see how many things are marketed for different things, yet contain the same active ingredients.
Back to the DIY, though, I dripped some of my Creamy Wonderland and was pleasantly surprised at the flavor! It’s not overpowering and definitely a base to use for something else...I just wish I had some custards, because I think with Creamy Wonderland as the base, it could really make a custard that really pops and stands out, or maybe a graham cracker or cheesecake crust added to it as a baseline for a key lime pie or lemon icebox type recipe.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape mail! recieved 1 litre vg plus some new flavours
Tpa pear candy
Cap strawberry taffy
Cap blackberry
Rf golden cereal
Fa cola
Fa forest fruits
And a freebie fw white cake

Mixed up a couple 50ml own recipes

Cherry cola
Blacks and rasps

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This is different the prescription spray. Prescription spray is more of a preventive measure that takes awhile to work. The stuff I posted is a miracle worker when it comes to instantly unplugging your nose in any situation allergies or having a cold, doesn't matter. I'm one of those rare people that has to many allergies to count and always used to have a stuffy nose. Gotta be careful though if you use it daily because it'll start messing things up drying things out lol. Try to not use it more then once a day anymore.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This is different the prescription spray. Prescription spray is more of a preventive measure that takes awhile to work. The stuff I posted is a miracle worker when it comes to instantly unplugging your nose in any situation allergies or having a cold, doesn't matter. I'm one of those rare people that has to many allergies to count and always used to have a stuffy nose. Gotta be careful though if you use it daily because it'll start messing things up drying things out lol. Try to not use it more then once a day anymore.

I use this stuff called Sinus Buster. It's a pure capsaicin nasal spray and is drug free. You know when you eat super spicy food and it clears you out? Same mechanics.

It burns like shit at first because basically you are snorting pepper spray but man it clears you out big time and helps keep you decent for some time. You start to get used to it, but it has been a God send for me.

FWIW I've had two septoplastys and one sinusotomy in my past so I feel your pain when it comes to allergies and this stuff works.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did an initial trial mix of a recipe I made up for 35/65 Pepsi Cake. Some people call it Coca-Cola Cake, but we're a Pepsi family 'round here. At any rate, it's a scratch-made light chocolate cake (the chocolate is light, the cake itself is a bit heavy) with light chocolate frosting. The cake batter is made with melted marshmallow and cola. Delicious. Hoping for the best with this mix. Patience!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I JUST WRAPPED MY FIRST COIL ALL BY MYSELF!

I know this is the wrong section, but I’m just so excited!!!

And I love it!!!!

Attachments

• 00BBEBCA-F90D-403A-B4BC-77721425E494.jpeg
    00BBEBCA-F90D-403A-B4BC-77721425E494.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lookin good! What kind of wire and what did it ohm out to?

Kanthal 24. Came out to .67. I have now done 6 more. It’s fun!!! And I got a new Pulse Squonk(my first!). Another rabbit hole to fall in to!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yay!!!! already giving it a go on my new and first Squonk. Happy happy happy!
That is the only way I vape now since I got my first mech squonk last fall. I just retired my 2 pulse bf boxes because the bottles and 510's started leaking like crazy after a couple months. My Athena box hits way harder and never leaks if mech is your thing. The other 2 in rotation right now are RSQ's in TC mode with Recurve's on top. I will be ordering a couple more RSQ to replace the Pulse BF boxes I retired, once breazy gets the silver RSQ back in stock.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just out of curiosity and laziness...when testing flavors, how necessary is the wick? If I mix a bunch of different flavors, I’d rather not waste the time and effort and supply of re-wicking for each flavor if I can just soak the wickless Alien Coil and get a couple of decent hits and then wash, dry burn, and try the next flavor...or are wicks necessary for getting an accurate flavor if the recipe?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just out of curiosity and laziness...when testing flavors, how necessary is the wick? If I mix a bunch of different flavors, I’d rather not waste the time and effort and supply of re-wicking for each flavor if I can just soak the wickless Alien Coil and get a couple of decent hits and then wash, dry burn, and try the next flavor...or are wicks necessary for getting an accurate flavor if the recipe?

I've had better luck changing the wick, only takes a minute in an RDA.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had better luck changing the wick, only takes a minute in an RDA.

Oh, I know the results would be more accurate...I’m thinking more along the lines of am I going to test a juice wickless and think it tastes like ass, when in fact, if I had used a wick, it would be amazing or visa-versa...Margin of error, I suppose is what I’m curious about.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I know the results would be more accurate...I’m thinking more along the lines of am I going to test a juice wickless and think it tastes like ass, when in fact, if I had used a wick, it would be amazing or visa-versa...Margin of error, I suppose is what I’m curious about.

I had the problem of overheating the juice, not getting an accurate flavor.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the problem of overheating the juice, not getting an accurate flavor.

Good point...and since I’m a tube mech junkie, that pretty much obliterates that idea even at quick pulses...unless I use a battery that needs to be changed.
Damn...my laziness has no bounds, lol.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Personally, I use the same wick for testing all my flavors. I feel the same way about Rewicking in between each one. I only only drip enough to get a few good pulls off before it's dry again, but I do try to get the wick as dry as possible before trying a different flavor or variation. I haven't run into any problems...except when a juice is just so floral that it won't go away, then I will break down & rewick.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

I test flavors same way I vape it, I just can't justify doing something different or changing the cotton just for testing.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I use the same wick for testing all my flavors. I feel the same way about Rewicking in between each one. I only only drip enough to get a few good pulls off before it's dry again, but I do try to get the wick as dry as possible before trying a different flavor or variation. I haven't run into any problems...except when a juice is just so floral that it won't go away, then I will break down & rewick.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That, or you’re momentarily distracted and forget your still firing to get it back to white, resulting in el fuego. Though that seems to happen much less with my Kendon Cotton than my Cotton Bacon. I really miss my Celtic Cotton...I’m not much of a fan of the square cut Japanese style wicking brands but damn that was good shit.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Squonking is the greatest thing to happen to vaping.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry, just had to feel a little nostalgic and looked up our old messages, and as far back as January you never seemed to have any drive towards going the way of the squonker, lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Exciting mixing day today. 12ml of an Orange Creamsicle tester. Yippee! (It actually is a milestone, since I haven't been able to get myself to settle down enough to mix any testers until now. TFA Maraschino Cherry has taught me a lesson.) ;)

Anyone have experience with CAP Orange Creamsicle? I noticed the other day on some DIY site that all the descriptions on CAP flavors say something like "we'll leave the sweetening to you." Well, I think they were serious about that.

This tester I mixed up (at 8% CAP OC) tastes like sour-fruit nothing. I don't get orange, or cream, or sweet at all. It's been four days, which I would think is enough time for there to be something there besides sour-ness.

To me the obvious thing to do would be to add a couple drops of sweetener to this, but thought I'd put the question out for you folks before I do anything...just in case you know that this flavor isn't going to wake up for two weeks, for example.

VU Sponsors