The Daily Mixing Thread

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have experience with CAP Orange Creamsicle?
No, I've heard too many bad reviews about it to even try it (and yours goes on that list)...I do mix Vurve's Dreamsicle v.Perfected quite a bit, but he uses a combination of TFA orange cream and vanilla bean ice cream with Caps sweet tangerine to get that orange creamsicle taste, and that works quite well.
You could go with the sweetener, or you could add flavors you know to carry sweetness, like FA vienna cream and orange, maybe some FA marshmallow. But if you were going to do that, you could just mix with the supporting flavors and skip the Cap creamsicle.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just out of curiosity and laziness...when testing flavors, how necessary is the wick? If I mix a bunch of different flavors, I’d rather not waste the time and effort and supply of re-wicking for each flavor if I can just soak the wickless Alien Coil and get a couple of decent hits and then wash, dry burn, and try the next flavor...or are wicks necessary for getting an accurate flavor if the recipe?

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

When I was doing a lot of single flavor testers I would just vape some unflavored 0mg juice (just pg/vg) between test vapes to try and eliminate the old flavor from the wick.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
When I was doing a lot of single flavor testers I would just vape some unflavored 0mg juice (just pg/vg) between test vapes to try and eliminate the old flavor from the wick.

I'm not experienced much with this, just repeating something I read elsewhere, so for what it's worth...did I not read that if you wick with silica, you can burn off the remaining juice from a previous flavor and have a fairly clean wick left behind? If I were doing this, I'd at least try having one RDA dedicated to testing flavors, wicked with silica, and see if that eliminates most of the re-wicking until the coil itself needs to be replaced.

Y'all tell me, does that make sense? I do have a Sig-S wicked with silica and have tested a few flavors on it, but it's a coil that I created and it is pure shit. Need to try it with one of the UD pre-built coils I ordered from FT. But I do seem to be able to burn it fairly dry between flavors, the few times I've tried it.

Also have no idea how that silica wick might affect flavor, so if that's a consideration, then...never mind... :eek:

I have used something similar to fozzy's trick with the unflavored juice and my Nautilus-style coils. I have some Hangsen "Green Dew" juice that essentially tastes like nothing, so I'll run a ml or two of it through a tank and find that it cleans out the previous flavor pretty well.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No, I've heard too many bad reviews about it to even try it (and yours goes on that list)...I do mix Vurve's Dreamsicle v.Perfected quite a bit, but he uses a combination of TFA orange cream and vanilla bean ice cream with Caps sweet tangerine to get that orange creamsicle taste, and that works quite well.
You could go with the sweetener, or you could add flavors you know to carry sweetness, like FA vienna cream and orange, maybe some FA marshmallow. But if you were going to do that, you could just mix with the supporting flavors and skip the Cap creamsicle.

Yes, gotcha, thanks. Since I have this mixed up already, I think I will try a few drops of sweetener. I don't have high hopes for it, but am always willing to be pleasantly surprised. If that doesn't work then it's the orange and Vienna cream, and maybe then, at least, I won't waste the nic and pg/vg I've used in the tester. It'll be a one-timer.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have experience with CAP Orange Creamsicle? I noticed the other day on some DIY site that all the descriptions on CAP flavors say something like "we'll leave the sweetening to you." Well, I think they were serious about that.

This tester I mixed up (at 8% CAP OC) tastes like sour-fruit nothing. I don't get orange, or cream, or sweet at all. It's been four days, which I would think is enough time for there to be something there besides sour-ness.

To me the obvious thing to do would be to add a couple drops of sweetener to this, but thought I'd put the question out for you folks before I do anything...just in case you know that this flavor isn't going to wake up for two weeks, for example.
For me, it tastes like some orange powdered drink from Watkins my mom used to get us. I forgot what it was called. But theres definitely that imitation orange flavor in the concentrate. I never tried it that high. I find that its pretty sucky by itself. But I use it in combination with FLV Peach Gummy and its pretty good. A @MagicJosh recipe.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, just had to feel a little nostalgic and looked up our old messages, and as far back as January you never seemed to have any drive towards going the way of the squonker, lol

Yeah I remember that. It was because my tube mechs were a POS lol

Edit: that was also before rtas started pissing me off

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Anyone have experience with CAP Orange Creamsicle? I noticed the other day on some DIY site that all the descriptions on CAP flavors say something like "we'll leave the sweetening to you." Well, I think they were serious about that.

This tester I mixed up (at 8% CAP OC) tastes like sour-fruit nothing. I don't get orange, or cream, or sweet at all. It's been four days, which I would think is enough time for there to be something there besides sour-ness.

To me the obvious thing to do would be to add a couple drops of sweetener to this, but thought I'd put the question out for you folks before I do anything...just in case you know that this flavor isn't going to wake up for two weeks, for example.

I've used it some, I originally bought it for one of @MagicJosh recipes, I don't use it in very many things, but here's what I get from it. The Orange ain't exactly great, and will need some help from like FA royal orange or something if that's what you want, the cream is like a discount VBIC to me, but it can work nice with the right things, but it ain't really a star in my book. The only other thing I have in my notes is don't use above 6% on its own, turns into pig swill. That being said, I do like it, and consider it worth having for at least Josh's recipe.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed one of the free recipes from the Vape Train site, the salted caramel mocha. Pretty darn good as a s&v, but anxious to see how it ages.
Restocked a few favorites today, HIC's quickberry pink and orange cardamom bundt cake, a new variation on my vanilla custard pudding, and a couple I've had on the to-do list.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Anyone have exp with cuttwood mega melons? Need to try and match it for someone and I was hoping to make my own "clone" but I've never tasted the juice unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixing BMIC with CAP V Custard is okay :)

Today I made more Caramel Custard V1, but after 3-4 weeks, I like this Caramel Butter custard even more I think

View attachment 109181

I don't know why I like caramel and butterscotch so much. I don't seem to get tired of these, either
I just mixed this up.....and put it away.....really looking forward to trying this in a few weeks.....

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea.....:(. But you’ve reminded me that I have to order nicotine.:D
I've always got my nic from nicotine river. I've never felt the harshness of nicotine so idk if it would be any better for me.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm slightly curious but never tried. What's the deal, you can push it high with minimal bad effects?
Yeah you can use more and not get the harshness you'd normally get from regular nic. It's also supposed to absorb into the blood quicker and have a longer shelf life.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm slightly curious but never tried. What's the deal, you can push it high with minimal bad effects?

I'm pro-nicotine salts - it's all I've mixed with since I bought it in...February I think? I dare say it's cheaper overall, because I am vaping less, daily.
Yeah you can use more and not get the harshness you'd normally get from regular nic. It's also supposed to absorb into the blood quicker and have a longer shelf life.

I do believe it absorbs faster! I get a head rush in the morning, a nice one. Dunno bout shelf life though, I didn't take care of my 125mL bottle and it shows. Starting to smell faintly seafoodish, but almost all gone now...and I was Bad to it. Bad storing practices.
@wildgypsy70 Whatever you do, do not go here: http://vapingunderground.com/forums/bottom-feeders-squonking.742/ or here: http://vapingunderground.com/forums/coil-building.44/ These are very big rabbit holes with interconnecting tunnels. You won't be seen for days if not weeks...:giggle::facepalm:

Thank you for reminding me, I'm missing my rabbit tunnels, back to my coil nerd hole I go :xD:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I just bought more flavors.... I just bought more flavors... I just bought more flavors.....
Sorry lol that's my happy song when I'm doing my happy dance... be careful because if you actually sing it all 3 times it'll be stuck in your head.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well I ordered 100mg VG nic salts. Hope I like it.

I have been suspicious that the nic I've been using is harsh, so I just ordered some 100mg salts. What I see at eliquid.com is really no more expensive than the regular 100mg nic I've been buying from Vape Wild.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
it was $10 more for me but i didn't shop around.

The difference probably is that I've only just started DIY, so I'm still buying supplies in small quantities. 60ml of regular 100mg nic at Vape Wild is $7.49, 60ml of salts at eliquid.com is $9.99, but I'd have to pay shipping at Vape Wild (unless my order was more than $30, which it wasn't) and eliquid's shipping is free.

I really didn't go to eliquid intending to buy nic salts. I went for coils. But you know how that is, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

ETA: I wonder if you could mix regular nic and nic salts in the same batch of juice. Would they actually mix together? I have about 300ml of regular 100mg nic that I hate to throw away, but I would want to use it at a lower level to take out some of the harshness. Problem is, if I just cut my juice down to 4 or 6mg, my brain doesn't work like I need it to.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The difference probably is that I've only just started DIY, so I'm still buying supplies in small quantities. 60ml of regular 100mg nic at Vape Wild is $7.49, 60ml of salts at eliquid.com is $9.99, but I'd have to pay shipping at Vape Wild (unless my order was more than $30, which it wasn't) and eliquid's shipping is free.

I really didn't go to eliquid intending to buy nic salts. I went for coils. But you know how that is, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

ETA: I wonder if you could mix regular nic and nic salts in the same batch of juice. Would they actually mix together? I have about 300ml of regular 100mg nic that I hate to throw away, but I would want to use it at a lower level to take out some of the harshness. Problem is, if I just cut my juice down to 4 or 6mg, my brain doesn't work like I need it to.
Someone told me mixing them makes a funky taste. Not personal experience though.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found a decent enough looking Apple Fritter recipe on ELR and edited it a bit...pretty good...nothing to write home about, but at least I’m getting closer to hitting the marks I’m aiming for when making or altering recipes...ended up with this:
4df94f891beac5b593fd0c0beded9f7c.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just mixed some up fo family.
  • 2 X 120ML - Mustard Milk
  • 120ML Silly 27
  • 120ML @Squonk's Strawberry Ice Cream
Made 60ML of Icy Slurricane-esque for myself. I ordered a bottle of real Ruthless Slurricane yesterday (Never had it). I need to see what inspired the clone efforts on Reddit. I'm really digging it/ TFA-Papaya mostly. I've been vaping this more than anything else recently.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Charge your battery.

Yeah, I know...it just involves a ritual of wrapping the charging cord around the phone long-wase correctly and making sure the lightning prong is bent at the right angle and then standing it up between my my wall and a book on my desk followed by a variation of an American Indian rain dance to get the damn thing to charge.

Damn cell phone games such as CSR Racing 2 and it’s desirable Dodge Viper GTS!

Last edited:

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Second go round at this DIY thing. I had a bad batch of nic my first go round. It was dark yellow. Dashvapes has since changed their nic and they replaced it free of charge with a 60ml of some new crystal clear stuff. I mixed up a 50 ml of Grape Bubblegum and a 50ml of Bronuts. Both are listed as shake n vapes but I'm gonna try them in the morning. Hope they are good to go!!!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I know...it just involves a ritual of wrapping the charging cord around the phone long-wase correctly and making sure the lightning prong is bent at the right angle and then standing it up between my my wall and a book on my desk followed by a variation of an American Indian rain dance to get the damn thing to charge.

Sorry, but I'd have to chuck that bitch out on the highway. :gaah:

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Second go round at this DIY thing. I had a bad batch of nic my first go round. It was dark yellow. Dashvapes has since changed their nic and they replaced it free of charge with a 60ml of some new crystal clear stuff. I mixed up a 50 ml of Grape Bubblegum and a 50ml of Bronuts. Both are listed as shake n vapes but I'm gonna try them in the morning. Hope they are good to go!!!
I don't think I could EVER S&V Bronuts. I know Wayne says it's ok, but I find that it's horrible unless I steep it 2-4 weeks then it's actually pretty good.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think I could EVER S&V Bronuts. I know Wayne says it's ok, but I find that it's horrible unless I steep it 2-4 weeks then it's actually pretty good.
I tried them both cause I just couldn't wait. The grape bubblegum tastes like flowers with a major throat hit that I cant handle and the bronuts tastes pretty damn good..less throat hit but still more than I like. Gonna let them both steep for a cpl weeks. I think the bubblegum is a bust unfortunately. Fingers crossed it gets better with time.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Jump to around the 1:30 mark of this video and that’s for some reason the image that popped in my head when I read your comment.

Hehehe, think you'll be seeing that when you try to charge your phone now? :eek:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What phone is it? Throw a new charging port in it and blamooo brandy new.

VU Sponsors