Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
For VTA....Honeycomb, Warm Custard, Pudding base, Raspberry jam, Chocolate mousse, Coffee milk froth....I know there’s more, but I can’t remember right now. I only have Joker as the one shot....it’s ok. Needs help....
Yeah I tried FA Pazzo Joker standalone at 6% and it needs backup. Not bad though..

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Been using the percentages brand by brand. I've just decided to use the old bird beak. To me, the sense of smell is a very good way to tell me if it's right or not.

I have began making my own recipes. I dedicated my first one to my grandfather who passed away in 2014. Lemon meringue pie. It took some effort to make this but I think I've got it. I love lemon meringue pie and hate lemons so it's a challenge to make this stuff, but when you just start diy juice and make a new all day vape.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm depressed about all my mixes lately. They all taste like shit. I'm vaping through them as penance & because I hate wasting juice. Maybe I need to stick to my old faithfuls for a bit.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I know exactly how you feel. I'll be vaping asking "Why are you so bland?" lol It's growing pains. I've accepted that when trying to create, there will be lots of failure.
I used to vape my disappointing juices as well. Then one day I realized life is too short for that shit. Now, I either give it away or dump it and I don't feel bad about it at all.
I've started doing this. I had way too many half full bottles of stuff I didn't care to vape. I ask a couple people if they want it or I just dump it.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed up some RF Fruit Pebbles for my brother's co-worker and ordered some more flavors for the Royal Butterscotch recipe he liked, but he wants me to try mixing him some Mint recipes with Apple or Grape.... I have never vaped a mint recipe. Anyone have suggestions for other accent flavors that would complement Apple or Grape with Mint? I was thinking maybe a little cream, or marshmallow or cotton candy but I am not really sure how to best round out a Fruit + Mint recipe so I have just been searching around on ELR for popular fruit/mint recipes for ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated while I wait on my RF order.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I tried FA Pazzo Joker standalone at 6% and it needs backup. Not bad though..
Yeah, not terrible. But def needs something.....not enough time to mess around with recipes!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up some RF Fruit Pebbles for my brother's co-worker and ordered some more flavors for the Royal Butterscotch recipe he liked, but he wants me to try mixing him some Mint recipes with Apple or Grape.... I have never vaped a mint recipe. Anyone have suggestions for other accent flavors that would complement Apple or Grape with Mint? I was thinking maybe a little cream, or marshmallow or cotton candy but I am not really sure how to best round out a Fruit + Mint recipe so I have just been searching around on ELR for popular fruit/mint recipes for ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated while I wait on my RF order.

I love grape and mint or menthol, really don't think that mix needs anything else if the grape is sweet. Mixed at 3 or 4 parts grape to 1 part mint, it is just sweet and clear, a clean tasting flavor. If I were going to add anything, it would probably be a classic vanilla with very little cream or custard. No brown sugar notes for sure! I don't know what vanilla flavor that would be, actually, every vanilla I have has either cream, custard, or brown sugar.

TFA rainbow drops and peppermint. Yum.

Good luck with it!

Last edited:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love grape and mint or menthol, really don't think that mix needs anything else if the grape is sweet. Mixed at 3 or 4 parts grape to 1 part mint, it is just sweet and clear, a clean tasting flavor. If I were going to add anything, it would probably be a classic vanilla with very little cream or custard. No brown sugar notes for sure! I don't know what vanilla flavor that would be, actually, every vanilla I have has either cream, custard, or brown sugar.

TFA rainbow drops and peppermint. Yum.

Good luck with it!
Thanks. I did see quite a few simple fruit/mint recipes on ELR without any other accent flavors, or even sweeteners (which surprised me), so what you said makes more sense now. I also told my brother to ask his co-worker for the names of the commercial juices he likes best with those flavor profiles so I can try and research them, or search out clones, just to be sure if they might have other accent notes in the juice. He said he likes 'mint' and not menthol so I bought 50ml of Mint but also decided to grab 10ml of Spearmint to make some testers of each type of mint. I will have to give these a try myself when I get around to mixing him some testers.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

Dragonfruit goes pretty well with those IMO. Personally cream with the grape don't work for me unless I want a grape soda or like grape sherbet or something.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks. I did see quite a few simple fruit/mint recipes on ELR without any other accent flavors, or even sweeteners (which surprised me), so what you said makes more sense now. I also told my brother to ask his co-worker for the names of the commercial juices he likes best with those flavor profiles so I can try and research them, or search out clones, just to be sure if they might have other accent notes in the juice. He said he likes 'mint' and not menthol so I bought 50ml of Mint but also decided to grab 10ml of Spearmint to make some testers of each type of mint. I will have to give these a try myself when I get around to mixing him some testers.

I recently learned, to my surprise, that the flavor of "mixed fruit jelly" is actually only the mixture of apple and grape. You might even try apple, grape, and mint together, a little heavier on the apple than the grape, I'd think. Sounds great to me. If I can get my hands on some apple, I might try this myself!

Yes, I like mint better than menthol also. TFA Peppermint is just wonderful, but like everything else to do with tastes, it's all subjective! I'm generally not fond of spearmint, but it actually sounds like it would be good with grape.

Nice of you to mix juice for your brother's friend. Good home brews beat the heck out of store-bought juice.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Dragonfruit goes pretty well with those IMO. Personally cream with the grape don't work for me unless I want a grape soda or like grape sherbet or something.

Grape sherbet...hmmm...interesting. What do you think? Grape candy, VBIC, maybe Vanilla Whipped Cream, a touch of Coconut Candy, and Koolada?

Last edited:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently learned, to my surprise, that the flavor of "mixed fruit jelly" is actually only the mixture of apple and grape. You might even try apple, grape, and mint together, a little heavier on the apple than the grape, I'd think. Sounds great to me. If I can get my hands on some apple, I might try this myself!

Yes, I like mint better than menthol also. TFA Peppermint is just wonderful, but like everything else to do with tastes, it's all subjective! I'm generally not fond of spearmint, but it actually sounds like it would be good with grape.

Nice of you to mix juice for your brother's friend. Good home brews beat the heck out of store-bought juice.
thanks for the thoughts on the recipes. A mix of both fruits with mint is a great idea.

It came about naturally when they were chatting about vaping on a smoke break. I really had no interest in mixing for anyone else outside of our house but I figured if I could save him some money and make a little on it, once we find him some recipes he likes, to help me buy more flavors I may as well give it a shot. I knew up front he preferred fruit mixes (only heard he likes mint yesterday) but I rarely mix fruits myself so I sent him 5 x 30ml samples of some of my bakery mixes that had already steeped and mixed up 5 random fruit+bakery 30ml samples to let steep while he vaped the first 5. He ended up liking 2 of the 10 which I consider a success now that I know he prefers fruit+mint juice. The only 'mint' concentrate I even had was a Nude Nicotine 'Minty Menthol' from my very first DIY kit order back in 2016 so I ordered 50ml RF Mint and 10ml of their Spearmint. Hopefully he will like their mint in some of the recipes I come up with and maybe I will end up liking some of them as well.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Grape sherbet...hmmm...interesting. What do you think? Grape candy, VBIC, maybe Vanilla Whipped Cream, a touch of Coconut Candy, and Koolada?

About what I was thinking, except more along the lines of:
3% TFA grape candy
2% FW grape soda
.6% FA blackcurrant
.3% FLV peach gummy
1% FA vienna cream
2.5% Cap VBIC
.5% FA polar blast or however much koolada is normal for you

That actually sounds pretty good, I think I'll mix that up later.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20180421_110150.jpg

Today was mixing day for me, as I try to only do it every 8 weeks or so.

15 ml testers-
Amy's Cronuts
Cereal Milk by Wayne Walker
Still Waters (original)
Arnie's Suicide Sauce
Cherry Smoothie (original)
Squonk's Horchata Crunch
Butterscotch Custard (original)
Reno's Favorite
Cherry Pie (original)
Caramel Kettle Corn (original)
Goldfish's Cannoli
HIC's Cornbread

30 ml final tweaks-
Ckemist's Saturday Cartoons (modified)
Coke Float (original)

60 ml proven-
Shroomalistic's Frosted Flakes (modified)
Ejab's Krispy Kreme Donuts (modified)
(T)Hug Juice (original)
Creamy Forest Fruit (original)
Misty by Wayne Walker (modified)
Cuttwood Spy's Unicorn Milk
Blackberry Custard (original)
Banana Split (original)
Huckleberried's Golden Oreo Cheesecake (modified)
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich (original)

Last edited:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed up a Real Flavors variant of this 3 weeks ago and it smells so good, I can't wait until it makes it's way into the rotation.

I was planning to wait another week before I mix again but I think I may be mixing 5 or 6 x 100ml recipes this weekend to fill out my steeping cabinet a bit more.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 109309

Today was mixing day for me, as I try to only do it every 8 weeks or so.

15 ml testers-
Amy's Cronuts
Cereal Milk by Wayne Walker
Still Waters (original)
Arnie's Suicide Sauce
Cherry Smoothie (original)
Squonk's Horchata Crunch
Butterscotch Custard (original)
Reno's Favorite
Cherry Pie (original)
Caramel Kettle Corn (original)
Goldfish's Cannoli
HIC's Cornbread

30 ml final tweaks-
Ckemist's Saturday Cartoons (modified)
Coke Float (original)

60 ml proven-
Shroomalistic's Frosted Flakes (modified)
Ejab's Krispy Kreme Donuts (modified)
(T)Hug Juice (original)
Creamy Forest Fruit (original)
Misty by Wayne Walker (modified)
Cuttwood Spy's Unicorn Milk
Blackberry Custard (original)
Banana Split (original)
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich (original)
Damn, what a nice mixing day!

Mazinny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cactus...that's one I need to revisit, haven't touched it in ages.
I'm currently stuck on this: https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/7...e_buttermilk_pie_remix_remixmonth_by_tkiese92
I've made about 900ml of it since I first saw it, can't get enough of it. I really wish I'd created this one, it's a masterpiece...
Thanks for this. I subbed about half the ingredients ; Fa Butter for Cap Golden Butter, Capella Yellow cake for FW, and Fa Apple Pie for TPA Pie Crust, but it still came out super smooth and delicious after a 10 day steep. I really needed this. I mixed a few other recipes ( mostly from the BCF Community packs ) and hated all of them :(

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for this. I subbed about half the ingredients ; Fa Butter for Cap Golden Butter, Capella Yellow cake for FW, and Fa Apple Pie for TPA Pie Crust, but it still came out super smooth and delicious after a 10 day steep. I really needed this. I mixed a few other recipes ( mostly from the BCF Community packs ) and hated all of them :(
Yeah, a couple of those community packs had me scratching my head too...o_O
The only sub I made with the buttermilk pie was Jungle Flavors yellow cake for FW, as it's much kinder to my coils and I just like the taste better. I've had it in the back of my mind to use the FA butter at a lower percentage, just haven't tried it yet. I'll have to say though that the apple pie sub for pie crust paired with the Caps yellow cake probably yielded an entirely different flavor to the mix, but you have me curious...lol! If I haven't given away all my Caps YC (I hate that stuff), I'll make a small batch with your subs and check it out. Thanks!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My, my, look what I found buried in the drawer! Gonna whip up a batch and test it for longevity, you know, "for science".... :teehee:

9sUUXV3.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who's tested FA's Pazzo Jack, and what percentage did you use? I've read on a few different sites that 8% was a good starting percentage and that's too much, I taste nothing.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just mixed up my last couple mixes until my vg comes. Thought i had a litre stashed somewhere
I did not.
So with my last 100ml i mixed these 2 new ones

Wannavape247

Nu Blu

Rf Blue raz sour candy 5%
Tpa blueberry extra 3%
Tpa blueberry candy 2%
Fa marshmallow 1.5%

Gua la la

Sa guava 2%
Cap harvest berry 3%
Cap sweet strawberry 5%
Cap fuji apple 1%

I did them as s&v and have already started vaping gua la la and its pretty good so far having only had 4 hours haha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mazinny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, a couple of those community packs had me scratching my head too...o_O
The only sub I made with the buttermilk pie was Jungle Flavors yellow cake for FW, as it's much kinder to my coils and I just like the taste better. I've had it in the back of my mind to use the FA butter at a lower percentage, just haven't tried it yet. I'll have to say though that the apple pie sub for pie crust paired with the Caps yellow cake probably yielded an entirely different flavor to the mix, but you have me curious...lol! If I haven't given away all my Caps YC (I hate that stuff), I'll make a small batch with your subs and check it out. Thanks!
I used the Fa Apple Pie at half the percentage of TPA Pie Crust, and i don't taste any apple in the mix. The Cappela Yellow cake was the only Yellow Cake i had, and i'm kind of neutral toward it at this low a percentage.

The Fa Butter i used at the same 0.25% as the Cap Golden butter. How much lower than 0.25% can you go ? I realize Fa Butter is pretty much 50% diacetyl, but i use diketones so infrequently in my mixes that i'm not really worried about 0.25% in a mix :) I actually have a theory about why i can't stand Cap Vanilla Custard but i like Fa Premium Custard and Whipped Cream and Butter etc... I think back in 2010 and 2011 when most of the flavor houses replaced diacetyl with acetyl proponyiol, Fa didn't do this. They just removed their flavors with diacetyl from their vape line. i think i can't deal with Acetyl propyniol but diacetyl at a very low percentage i can handle, and even like. If i'm gonna use diketones, might as well use diacetyl instead of acetyl propyniol, especially since all scientists say the health impact, if any, is likely to be identical.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd forgotten how small that butter percentage was, I may jack it up to .5, lol!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up 60ml of Skittles for my son. It's his new ADV. Washed and filled a couple of tanks with juices I mixed last week. Chocolate Covered Cherries is so-so, needs white chocolate, I think. Lemon King Cake may be overflavored, but I just want to taste a little cinnamon. Works in progress. They're both on new coils, so I'll give the coils a chance to break in.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have, unfortunately, run into the worst episode of Vapor’s Tongue I’ve ever come across...all my different fruit recipes taste the same...all my pastry recipes taste the same...same with cereal recipes...it’s horrible!
I don’t mean it’s the flavors that are horrible, but if someone smells my cloud and asks what I’m vaping, I literally just shrug my shoulders and say I’m really not sure...I made it but don’t remember what it is, honestly.
Does anyone know of some recipes that can reawaken the palette or maybe I’m just using flavors too similar to one another?
Everyone has their own preferences on what they think is good or bad or neutral, and I’m not sure how to link my flavor stash from ELR over here, so, I hope I’m not overstepping by sharing my flavor stash list here and just asking what are some combo’s that might stick out to some of y’all as things to try...not even meaning exact recipes or percentages (I tried the “What Can I Make” on ELR and was unimpressed)...I guess I’m just looking for some inspiration and maybe some combos I’ve overlooked.
Basically, I’m hoping I’m too close to the project and wondering if stepping back and getting some feedback before proceeding will be my ticket out of blandville.
1770f0a38213a8ec91d4e8f8352b080a.jpg
dfcf2d870df9510c8b6018b8bade5a44.jpg
00a3a3726b562ae120e099a5a3c80f11.jpg

Any advice/comments/questions/criticisms are more than welcome...I’m just tossing this out to the void and seeing if I might accidentally hit something or run across some awesome ideas from my betters in this crazy DIY world!

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Alright, wrap up of the mixing from the last few days:

Bright sherbet(WIP)
Blue dragon cereal(WIP)
Crunchy berry cupcake, boosted berry cereal up a tad, so good
@Mykreign green apple flavorburst
Grape sherbet(WIP)
Peach cream soda(WIP) man TFA cream soda sucks
Butter cookies(WIP) realized I love FA butter, like alot.
Dragon's Fuzzy Dice(WIP)
Floral cream soda(WIP)
Blueberry, nothing special just blueberry
Just Grape(WIP)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have, unfortunately, run into the worst episode of Vapor’s Tongue I’ve ever come across...all my different fruit recipes taste the same...all my pastry recipes taste the same...same with cereal recipes...it’s horrible!
I don’t mean it’s the flavors that are horrible, but if someone smells my cloud and asks what I’m vaping, I literally just shrug my shoulders and say I’m really not sure...I made it but don’t remember what it is, honestly.
Does anyone know of some recipes that can reawaken the palette or maybe I’m just using flavors too similar to one another?
Everyone has their own preferences on what they think is good or bad or neutral, and I’m not sure how to link my flavor stash from ELR over here, so, I hope I’m not overstepping by sharing my flavor stash list here and just asking what are some combo’s that might stick out to some of y’all as things to try...not even meaning exact recipes or percentages (I tried the “What Can I Make” on ELR and was unimpressed)...I guess I’m just looking for some inspiration and maybe some combos I’ve overlooked.
Basically, I’m hoping I’m too close to the project and wondering if stepping back and getting some feedback before proceeding will be my ticket out of blandville.
1770f0a38213a8ec91d4e8f8352b080a.jpg
dfcf2d870df9510c8b6018b8bade5a44.jpg
00a3a3726b562ae120e099a5a3c80f11.jpg

Any advice/comments/questions/criticisms are more than welcome...I’m just tossing this out to the void and seeing if I might accidentally hit something or run across some awesome ideas from my betters in this crazy DIY world!

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!
I hate that, had that issue on a mild scale just here recently while testing a lot of new flavors. Sometimes I think it's "olfactory overload." I've heard that vaping a cinnamon or mint type juice helps reset the senses. I've also read that smelling coffee beans will help. Personally, I have better luck eating something like dill pickles or a pickled giardiniera, banana peppers, something along those lines. I've also heard of folks who just stopped vaping for a day or few, but I've never been able to do that. ;)

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my order from DIY Flavor Shack yesterday. The only actual flavor I ordered was Clearly Grape (one of my all time favs). So, I mixed up a batch & life is good! They also threw in a freeby of Sour Grape Candy that I'm excited to check out but I was just too tired to mix more than one batch last night.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@ScReWbALL I had something going on the other day and into the night, everything I vaped was tasting like metal. It was horrible. It started right after I tried a new mix that had blue raspberry in it, which is a flavor I don't normally like and have never vaped before. I finally got rid of it by brushing my teeth, rinsing my mouth with some chlorhexidine antibacterial rinse I got from the dentist, and drinking a huge glass of ice water. I don't know which part of that series of things actually helped, but one or more of them did. If you don't have chlorhexidine, maybe try just regular Listerine or Scope? I think drinking the water is important, though. I was reading online about how vaping dries out the mouth, nose, and sinuses, so rehydrating is important, and needs to happen regularly. Only water will do that. Caffeinated beverages won't. I also have found that mint and cinnamon (both of which I vape regularly) will help reset the taste buds.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I hate that, had that issue on a mild scale just here recently while testing a lot of new flavors. Sometimes I think it's "olfactory overload." I've heard that vaping a cinnamon or mint type juice helps reset the senses. I've also read that smelling coffee beans will help. Personally, I have better luck eating something like dill pickles or a pickled giardiniera, banana peppers, something along those lines. I've also heard of folks who just stopped vaping for a day or few, but I've never been able to do that. ;)

Stop vaping for a day or two (or a few) ? What is that? :confused: People actually do that? :blech:

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
@ScReWbALL I find it helps switch things up nice and hard, good flavors to do that with are mints and florals, though if you hate florals just go with mint, I always keep some of my dragon spear around for the changeup. Also I learned from steve, that eating a dill pickle actually works, or you can eat something with your favorite hot sauce.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I like green apple or raspberry with m Purlium butter mint.
PUR butter mint 7%
TFA green apple 3%
or
RF SC raspberry 2%
if you want to tone down the mint butter cream works well

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
60ml blue razz sour patch
30ml Strawberry juicy fruit

VTA 10ml testers

Honeycomb
Green apple
Glazed strawberry
Sweet Strawberry
Shisha Strawberry
Strawberry custard

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I was not impressed with that shisha strawberry, not as much as I thought I'd be. It's alright, pretty mild IMO, but I guess I'm spoiled by the Inawera variety. The shisha raspberry is awesome though.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was not impressed with that shisha strawberry, not as much as I thought I'd be. It's alright, pretty mild IMO, but I guess I'm spoiled by the Inawera variety. The shisha raspberry is awesome though.
Just tested them all on my finger and wasn't amazed by any of them. Mixed them all at 6%.

The green apple smells amazing but didn't taste as good. I think there's a chemical of some sort in it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors