Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@So619Cal here are results. Two numbers for each, first # is the OG phenom, 2nd is yftk haklone. All readings at post with almost new vtc5a batteries reading 4.18-4.19

Malu. 3.65v 3.76
SVB. 3.64v 3.74
Neofet 3.45v 3.64
Pico 3.74v 3.80

I know, it's a head scratcher. No idea what's up with that authentic. Double checked tightness of post screws and center pin. It baffles me. Same exact wire/build, 2x26/40 3mm, 6/5 wrap, .34 ohm. I know the clone is the yftk and not my sxk because the yftk has silver squonk pin, sxk is gold plated like the authentic.

Anyway, the results on the SVB and Malu are quite respectable but damn that $17 pico. The pox on that god rotten cheap arse chinese pico. Bottom line, if the smallest vdrop is your main concern/priority, buy a mech or a god poundin' pico. :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@So619Cal here are results. Two numbers for each, first # is the OG phenom, 2nd is yftk haklone. All readings at post with almost new vtc5a batteries reading 4.18-4.19

Malu. 3.65v 3.76
SVB. 3.64v 3.74
Neofet 3.45v 3.64
Pico 3.74v 3.80

I know, it's a head scratcher. No idea what's up with that authentic. Double checked tightness of post screws and center pin. It baffles me. Same exact wire/build, 2x26/40 3mm, 6/5 wrap, .34 ohm. I know the clone is the yftk and not my sxk because the yftk has silver squonk pin, sxk is gold plated like the authentic.

Anyway, the results on the SVB and Malu are quite respectable but damn that $17 pico. The pox on that god rotten cheap arse chinese pico. Bottom line, if the smallest vdrop is your main concern/priority, buy a mech or a god poundin' pico. :D
As I posted my test results quite a few pages ago.
Pico RULES!
Had my second bottle go bad in mine. But I have about 38 more :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Malu. 3.65v 3.76
SVB. 3.64v 3.74
Neofet 3.45v 3.64
Pico 3.74v 3.80

I'll trade you a brand new Pico (unopened box) and a Luna for that poor performance MALU:cheers:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Malu. 3.65v 3.76
SVB. 3.64v 3.74
Neofet 3.45v 3.64
Pico 3.74v 3.80

Thanks! yeah I REALLY like the way the Malu looks, but I think I am going to go with the Cycloid, its a mech with chunky silver and about the same price delivered.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
all hidden well with a button lock system
View attachment 110122

A stunner for sure, was at the top of my want list around Christmas but never materialized.
Now I’m over with the mech/fet squonks with doors thing though.. finally opened my Luxotic over the weekend... yaaaawn.. PIFed it to my buddy.

I may have switched gears away from the squonks for now.. but I bought 3 Picos finally yesterday for my stash.. and still holding out for an ultem DNA60 with a bottom load system whenever that happens. ...ideally made by a modder besides yer buddy Raffy!
;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A stunner for sure, was at the top of my want list around Christmas but never materialized.
Now I’m over with the mech/fet squonks with doors thing though.. finally opened my Luxotic over the weekend... yaaaawn.. PIFed it to my buddy.

I may have switched gears away from the squonks for now.. but I bought 3 Picos finally yesterday for my stash.. and still holding out for an ultem DNA60 with a bottom load system whenever that happens. ...ideally made by a modder besides yer buddy Raffy!
;)

I sold my gooberfet yesterday and considering my next mod...have thought about getting a BB or a Mirage and nice flavor single coil rta

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
and
so if I enter PAM custard I get 20% off?
15a7cacc370933259766cd1118b51c06.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at the Innokin Zenith, might get a couple (one for me, one for a friend) and a Berserker MTL, tho I'm having second thoughts about the Berserker. If it MTLs like the rda, then that's a NO!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get the BB! I figure if you get to practice the profiles changing bit on yours, I can send you mine for "profiles rehab":confused:

Oh I'm pretty good with escribe...spent many months with TC and I am not at all afraid to tear mods apart.

I might consider a SXK BB60...I just remember not having a great time with tiny RBAs...but I vape entirely different than I did the last time I built on tiny RBAs like the Kanger etc.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I'm pretty good with escribe...spent many months with TC and I am not at all afraid to tear mods apart.

I might consider a SXK BB60...I just remember not having a great time with tiny RBAs...but I vape entirely different than I did the last time I built on tiny RBAs like the Kanger etc.
I really am considering the SXK at 2Fdeal, it is a bit more expensive ($129) but I get to choose something other than black! I don't mind tiny rba decks, one of my hobbies is micro chain maille, I use 28g 1.0 - 1.5 mm ID rings for that.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really am considering the SXK at 2Fdeal, it is a bit more expensive ($129) but I get to choose something other than black! I don't mind tiny rba decks, one of my hobbies is micro chain maille, I use 28g 1.0 - 1.5 mm ID rings for that.

Yeah I can't even see 40g with corrective wear lol... I made that Alien coil the other day...purely by feel.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my dear departed friends and one current friend work chain mail... I'd love to see pics of your work.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

If they have them in stock more power to ya but just FYI those are from the previous batch of SXK DNA60 BB’s that were very limited and have since sold out / been pulled everywhere.
You shouldn’t still be able to find those on the Chinese sites. Maybe the odd one available in Canada or the UK but not China.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they have them in stock more power to ya but just FYI those are from the previous batch of SXK DNA60 BB’s that were very limited and have since sold out / been pulled everywhere.
You shouldn’t still be able to find those on the Chinese sites. Maybe the odd one available in Canada or the UK but not China.
These are pre-order, supposed to ship first week in June:(

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I was looking at the Innokin Zenith, might get a couple (one for me, one for a friend) and a Berserker MTL, tho I'm having second thoughts about the Berserker. If it MTLs like the rda, then that's a NO!

I have one and if the airflow wasn’t tight enough for you on the rba then the rta won’t be either. I think the flavor is actually a little better on the rba also.

Carpe Nidor

VU Sponsors